• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
LOCK IN INFO! WOO!

Where: Sandy Nickelcade
When: March 8th, 11 PM (games on freeplay at 1 AM, but you can show up at 11 and pay, and not have to pay the normal arcade entry fee)
How much: $10 per person
What: Games! And more games!

Pretty much it in a nutshell. Really, feel free to bring consoles and TVs and whatnot, probably a power strip if you have one. Lots of fun to be had, as I'm sure those in the past can testify to. Again, I don't plan on running a smash tournament this time, but someone else is more than welcome to. I'll just mention that typically for these events, our tournaments are no cost, just for bragging rights. Usually there is a DDR tournament (a not-really-serious for fun type dealio), and if there's enough interest, someone will probably run an Omegathon (Gaming gauntlet: Are you the most versatile gamer?).

Lots of fun! As those who attended in the past may note, there's no prepay or anything, just one flat rate now. So come on down and enjoy!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Tsuteto, Im bringing a TV and Playstation Allstars (and would bring Brawl if my Wii worked, but its broken, so someone else would have to) and probably like, at least 8 or so Allstars players with a strong possibility of a second set up (both 32 inch flat screens in HD, WE GOT THIS). If anyone else here wants to enter Allstars, itll probably only be like, $1 entry fee if there even is gonna be an entry fee lulz (seems like lower entry fees at these things get a lot more casual/music gaming players entered as well, so imo its worth it to not cost much). You guys can also watch me **** all over Chris' Dante with like, the entire cast if I play against him ;D

Just told Steve and the Mexis said theyre coming, they dont leave to Cali until the 10th so they have no excuses.

If anyone is bringing Brawl, or even Melee, Ill enter that too, I just dont have it to bring.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Saltfest is hype whoooo

Only smash tourney in Utah in like a bazillion years

Not really but it'll be the first one I'm planning on going to in a looong time

wangston

Smash Lord
Saltfest is hype whoooo

Only smash tourney in Utah in like a bazillion years

Not really but it'll be the first one I'm planning on going to in a looong time
He lives! And while he lives all praise! Dat Link is top tier! Where you on a mission?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Did he get banned, lol? And I still remember how my car door got banged in at his place.

But yeah, a mission and stuff. I got back 6 months ago and checked this thread once but then I was like "Screw these guys" and joined a Smash club at BYU and have been doing this for the last six months

Buuut I'm glad you guys are excited to see me again.

I blame the temporary hiatus on dat scary wang.

EDIT: I've talked to at least one guy and he's interested in coming to the tourney in May, and I'm intended to ask a few others if they're interested. So I might bring fresh blood with me--erm, newer players.

Any tourneys nearer then May or is the scene essentially dead?

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Did he get banned, lol? And I still remember how my car door got banged in at his place.

But yeah, a mission and stuff. I got back 6 months ago and checked this thread once but then I was like "Screw these guys" and joined a Smash club at BYU and have been doing this for the last six months

Buuut I'm glad you guys are excited to see me again.

I blame the temporary hiatus on dat scary wang.

EDIT: I've talked to at least one guy and he's interested in coming to the tourney in May, and I'm intended to ask a few others if they're interested. So I might bring fresh blood with me--erm, newer players.

Any tourneys nearer then May or is the scene essentially dead?
We also have monthlies so you should stop by if it's something you're interested in.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
What mission did you serve? (I did Korea-Seoul.)

Items? Free for fall? Why even post these vids? XD

Anyway, I believe there is a tournament in March.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
There's a Sandy Lock-in tournament and there's also the Anime Salt Lake Tournament that are in March.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Wtf are u talking about Marz
We're doing just fine

And lucas everyone hates anime in the scene bar 3-4 people

:phone:

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Wtf are u talking about Marz
We're doing just fine

And lucas everyone hates anime in the scene bar 3-4 people

Regardless of it being an anime convention, we're still running everything from MK to Brawl so it's still a good way to get your game on.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
I know but unless u do the game only badge I doubt people here will pay for It just to compete
I guess they should of got in on that deal before

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
This could really affect our travel arrangments. The site is going down at 2:00 am tonight and will be down for up to 48 hours, which means possibly till friday morning. I would prefer to have everything figured out before then. Everyone that's possibly going, make sure you have my number and send me a text if you don't know if I have yours. 801. 669. 3543

Yeah Final, there's room for you if you want to go.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
(EDIT: Pointing at DKS's post; ninja'd by Ken)^Good point. I should check the price before getting too excited. :p
However, if no one from SWF goes to the monthlies then that (probably) means free monies for beating scrubs yessss

Served in Fiji.

The vids are BBrawl, just a BYU club league that meets for fun. I'm not involved in the running of the league, but they post vids for everybody to look at or reference to just for fun.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Also, it looks like Tane's not gonna be able to leave till after 8 on friday, and as I recall, he mentioned having to leave from provo as well.. So maybe we should figure out who's riding with who and all that. I'm planning on leaving around 5, so whoever needs to leave a little later could go with Tane and whoever prefers to get there earlier can come in my car.

Anyone have any preferences?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I think I've given off the impression I'm getting a lot of people. Sorry about that. I've got one person who's pretty much committed to coming to a tourney (shoutout to him if he's lurking this thread) and I'm going to ask a few more who know about the competitive scene and have even a small chance of being interested in coming to an official tourney.

Otherwise I feel like trying to get any sponsorship of the competitive scene out of the league would be violating the league owner's trust. He's pretty much asked me to keep away from talking about competitive stuff, so it would be really bad mojo to try and advertise a tourney in the league.

We'd have to do flyers or something around campus and honestly I don't think anybody's motivated enough to do that here. :/

Are you still attending BYU? I swear you've been attending since, like, '08

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
By a lot of smashers at BYU I meant I personally know a lot, as well as there's a Facebook group with a bunch of people that play smash at BYU.

And yes I've been there since fall '08. With how my future semesters look, even if I hadn't taken 2.5 years out for a mission and waiting to leave I still wouldn't be graduated by now lol.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Here's my situation:
Can't leave Provo until 8. I'm totally cool to pick people up elsewhere, but you'll need to kick an extra couple bucks for gas. Otherwise, be in Provo at 8ish and we'll take it from there. I'm going to be leaving Vegas on Sunday, probably in the afternoon because Marz has work and I have **** to do.

Confirmed in my car so far:
Marz (called shotgun already lulz)

People considering:
DS4 (he'll decide at 8:30)
iSee (he'll sleep)
Final? (is he still alive?)

Only rules for riding in my car:
You have to be able to put up with loud DnB and a sub
You have to have t3h m0n3yz for gas
You HAVE to shower and NOT stink before getting in my ****ing car
You CAN'T suck as a human being

If you have questions or want to claim a spot, hit me up: (801) 228-7211

TL;DR text me if you want to ride in my car.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I doth not approve of Apple products being appended to my posts, SWF.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
New forum sucks ***, tell bio to change it back.
They're still working out the kinks, but vBulletin was ********. They were stuck on version 3.8. This one is way better. They only need to update the skin.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
vBulletin > ****, which is what this is.
XenForo was actually made by people who departed vBulletin. The overlords were ******** and hindered progression. So, ex-employees got together and made a better forum.

What exactly are you QQ'ing about? I love the alerts when someone speaks to you in a thread.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The fact that now I cant just go to one place to see everything Im subscribed to. The fact that Social Groups are completely gone atm. The fact that half the BB Code doesnt even work right. The fact that it looks ugly as hell. And much more.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The fact that now I cant just go to one place to see everything Im subscribed to. The fact that Social Groups are completely gone atm. The fact that half the BB Code doesnt even work right. The fact that it looks ugly as hell. And much more.
Growing pains. They are correcting all the bugs from the transition.

You just go to Watched Threads to find your old 'subscribed' threads. Works just as it did before.

You used Social Groups? XD

I haven't tried BB code yet.

They are working on the skin.

Share your "much more".

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I had at least 20k posts in social groups alone.

And while the Watched Threads does give me THREADS, it doesnt give me Subscribed Forums, Blogs, or Social Groups like the old one did. They used to all be in one place, now they arent.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Watched threads sucks. It doesn't show which threads have new replies, you have to look at the time of the post and who posted. And even then, you can over look it. There's also no go to most recent message or unread message links to the threads.

VM's lost their BB coding, and conversations, and is now a bother conversing with people since it takes forever to get to the other person's page to message them back. Which brings me to my next point.

Names now have a crappy pop-up box that takes 10 times longer to get to their actual page.

Friends are non existent.

Editing posts is more of a hassle since there's no "go advanced" option.

User CP is now a jumbled mess of a drop box instead of on an organized page.

Social groups were actually a thing since you could have private conversations and topics with close friends and didn't have to worry about john doe joining in randomly. Plus they were at times sillier and not as serious as a normal thread and could do things a normal thread couldn't do

All the old bb coded images are gone. And speaking of images. When you post an image it doesn't put it in text anymore, and put's the actual image in the writing part of your post which makes it a lot messier.

There's no collapse or table tag.

Almost all the smiles are gone.

Your name is now super small and is overshadowed by the big ribbons above it.

The border between posts is poorly defined.

The border between your actual post and your sig is even less defined.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^ This

And Im pretty much done with Smashboards now. It was fun while it lasted, but lately Ive been running out of reasons to really even come here outside of social groups, and with those gone (or if theyre still here, hidden and stupidly hard to find), im done.

Ill check back every so often to see when events are, or post if I have any event info or anything important to say, but other than that, I honestly dont even want to be here anymore. MAYBE Ill come back for Smash 4, but at this point Id rather just go to All Is Brawl when smash 4 is out.

EDIT: Holy hell its stupidly hard to edit posts now, all I wanted to do was fix a spelling mistake and what used to take me 3 seconds is becoming a total pain in the ass. **** this.

Top Bottom