• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, im gonna check back over the next couple days to see if Social Groups come back, but if they dont... Well, ggs.

I feel really sad honestly. Disappointed too.

Lykos-

Smash Rookie
I've got one person who's pretty much committed to coming to a tourney (shoutout to him if he's lurking this thread)
yo

yeah, I plan on attending a couple of tourneys in the near future
still barely know what I'm doing, but it should be fun
perfect timing for getting into the competitive scene, since I'm leaving on my mission in sixish months :awesome:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
QQ some moar. The new forum is fine. I am able to operate just fine. The skin is going to be upgraded over time. Best part? There is no chance whatsoever that vBulletin will return. So, make yourself at home.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It's pretty stupid that they recommend that you use an avatar that's "at least 200x200", but then they limit the file size to 50.8 KBs, so you can only use ultra compressed images of that size.

And Comic Sans MS as a font is gone. I know a lot of people hate the font, but that hate is something I find silly so I like to use it to mess with them... XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
QQ some moar. The new forum is fine. I am able to operate just fine. The skin is going to be upgraded over time. Best part? There is no chance whatsoever that vBulletin will return. So, make yourself at home.
I dont think you quite understand the main reason Seph and I are disappointed. Its that they completely lost/deleted/whatever over 5+ years of Social Groups, which are basically small groups of people which are meant to be kept separate from forums so that it can be just between those small groups of friends. There were tons of things a lot of friends of mine and I had shared, created, etc, and moments I wish I couldve at least saved or screen shotted, but they just deleted them. And while you can call it QQing and be a heartless ******* all you want, Im actually really sad that so much of my past 5 years has just been completely erased from history and swept under the rug.

And while sure the site still operates, its FAR less convenient now for people who visit multiple areas of the site. Before I had EVERY single place I went on the forums all connected to one place, and now I have to go to a different place to look at all my subscribed threads, another for my subscribed forums, another for my subscribed blogs, another for my messages, another for my conversations, AND now social groups are completely gone, so I obviously cant see my subscribed groups.

And nobody ****ing cared about the skin to begin with, yes its ugly as sin, but swf has always had tons of skin choices so its obvious those will be added.

RIP SWF

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Watched threads sucks. It doesn't show which threads have new replies, you have to look at the time of the post and who posted. And even then, you can over look it. There's also no go to most recent message or unread message links to the threads.
It does everything that you claim here that it doesn't, though... It's just that for some reason, for previously subscribed threads that I haven't viewed yet since the system changed, the button to go to the latest new post goes to a post exactly a year ago.

Anyway, I hope they get all of the little problems ironed out quickly. Pretty much all of my annoyance are from those little things that can be easily fixed, given a bit more time. Some of the bigger things that other people are complaining about are ones I don't see them changing, though, such as the change in how certain social interactions work.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
zz. I'm the only social group returning anyone should give a **** about.

not everyone is a mathematical genius and can translate resolution into pixels like you pc. we are only human. you. cold. cruel. calculating. machine.

Also, DS4 is gay. X is gay. Sinz is gay. mexis are gay. red dogs a cawkblock fgt that ***** children at mtg by milling their decks dzle is a *** for quitting the scene for no reason, gojirra is a ****ing whale rock mix is too damn quiet zz needs to stop fapping to animuls and **** everyone in the scene sucks ***** because ive made them lose to ganon before. ITS SO GOOD TO BE BAAAAAACCCK <3

Banned via Warnings
zz. I'm the only social group returning anyone should give a **** about.

not everyone is a mathematical genius and can translate resolution into pixels like you pc. we are only human. you. cold. cruel. calculating. machine.

Also, DS4 is gay. X is gay. Sinz is gay. mexis are gay. red dogs a cawkblock fgt that ***** children at mtg by milling their decks dzle is a *** for quitting the scene for no reason, gojirra is a ****ing whale rock mix is too damn quiet zz needs to stop fapping to animuls and **** everyone in the scene sucks ***** because ive made them lose to ganon before. ITS SO GOOD TO BE BAAAAAACCCK <3

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I dont think you quite understand the main reason Seph and I are disappointed. Its that they completely lost/deleted/whatever over 5+ years of Social Groups, which are basically small groups of people which are meant to be kept separate from forums so that it can be just between those small groups of friends. There were tons of things a lot of friends of mine and I had shared, created, etc, and moments I wish I couldve at least saved or screen shotted, but they just deleted them. And while you can call it QQing and be a heartless ******* all you want, Im actually really sad that so much of my past 5 years has just been completely erased from history and swept under the rug.

And while sure the site still operates, its FAR less convenient now for people who visit multiple areas of the site. Before I had EVERY single place I went on the forums all connected to one place, and now I have to go to a different place to look at all my subscribed threads, another for my subscribed forums, another for my subscribed blogs, another for my messages, another for my conversations, AND now social groups are completely gone, so I obviously cant see my subscribed groups.

And nobody ****ing cared about the skin to begin with, yes its ugly as sin, but swf has always had tons of skin choices so its obvious those will be added.

RIP SWF
Did they say social groups would not be returning? I was only being cold toward arguments regarding the skin and a few User CP items moving around (and the general "any change is bad change" attitude). I just don't think people understand how much the forum was rotting. It had been years since a security patch because vBulletin 3 was done. The admins ran tests with vBulletin 4 and found that it would not have scaled. The developers could not get the forum to scale, so it cost more resources per visitor. So, something had to be done. They could not just sit on vBulletin 3.8 forever. The natural choice was XenForo. It was made by ex-vBulletin developers, and it was built with a lot of modern features.

Reserve your anger for next month or so. First, everyone curses that the forums are down, so the admins rush to get it up and running. Then everyone gets here and instantly complains that there are lots of problems. Maybe everyone should not have been so blasted impatient. They'll work it out. I guess I'm upset myself because I participated in getting the new forum up and running, and I think things are going great. So it's agonizing to see everyone cringe just because they have to relearn a thing or two.

ZZ, we need to smash.

Banned via Warnings
Did they say social groups would not be returning? I was only being cold toward arguments regarding the skin and a few User CP items moving around (and the general "any change is bad change" attitude). I just don't think people understand how much the forum was rotting. It had been years since a security patch because vBulletin 3 was done. The admins ran tests with vBulletin 4 and found that it would not have scaled. The developers could not get the forum to scale, so it cost more resources per visitor. So, something had to be done. They could not just sit on vBulletin 3.8 forever. The natural choice was XenForo. It was made by ex-vBulletin developers, and it was built with a lot of modern features.

Reserve your anger for next month or so. First, everyone curses that the forums are down, so the admins rush to get it up and running. Then everyone gets here and instantly complains that there are lots of problems. Maybe everyone should not have been so blasted impatient. They'll work it out. I guess I'm upset myself because I participated in getting the new forum up and running, and I think things are going great. So it's agonizing to see everyone cringe just because they have to relearn a thing or two.

ZZ, we need to smash.
you act like all forums dont suck ***** these days anyways. tryna look all nice n **** instead of being efficient :/ at least whatever they did doesnt match the lag level of whatever the **** shoryuken.com did. my god you have to have like a 2014 top line gaming cpu for that site to run at a normal pace. on the real tho the way forums work you should know better than to update with out full functionality and do all the updates on a clone repository first to make sure bugs dont happen instead of the original site yet somehow smashboards always manages to **** that up. common ****ing sense everyone having a problem should be FURIOUS.

its a very cookie cutter program imho it should be that hard to make perfect the first try. no johns buzzsaw zz's entitled to ***** and moan about it as a member as much as he wants to get it changed(that being that chosen maximum effort for anyone that wants anything fixed.), telling him its not your fault the site doesnt know how to update properly wont change that ********, you should know better and just let the ******* *****... you *****.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
you act like all forums dont suck ****s these days anyways. tryna look all nice n **** instead of being efficient :/ at least whatever they did doesnt match the lag level of whatever the **** shoryuken.com did. my god you have to have like a 2014 top line gaming cpu for that site to run at a normal pace. on the real tho the way forums work you should know better than to update with out full functionality and do all the updates on a clone repository first to make sure bugs dont happen instead of the original site yet somehow smashboards always manages to **** that up. common ****ing sense everyone having a problem should be FURIOUS.

its a very cookie cutter program imho it should be that hard to make perfect the first try. no johns buzzsaw zz's entitled to ***** and moan about it as a member as much as he wants to get it changed(that being that chosen maximum effort for anyone that wants anything fixed.), telling him its not your fault the site doesnt know how to update properly wont change that *****ing, you should know better and just let the *****es *****... you *****.
Sober up and post again. Maybe then your post will make an ounce of sense.

Banned via Warnings
Sober up and post again. Maybe then your post will make an ounce of sense.
considering the photons making up what you perceive as that post and the electrons stored in that database location that is that post weigh less than an ounce i really dont need it to make more than an ounce if anything thats way too ****in much. in a sense it makes perfect sense. you should try not being so but hurt about how the forum sucks cuz all forums suck and are trying to like poke-evolve into some sorta facebook **** with out going all the way i mean look how ****ty AIB is. its like a smash facebook with bans for not being an angry pedofile.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
^^ Buzz, you can just ignore anything Gkirbz says, he just looks to troll anything people say. He had 150~ banned accounts on the old smashboards for a reason...

yo

yeah, I plan on attending a couple of tourneys in the near future
still barely know what I'm doing, but it should be fun
perfect timing for getting into the competitive scene, since I'm leaving on my mission in sixish months :awesome:
Hey it's nice to see there's someone new interested in the scene. :D Welcome.

Also, the Vegas trip was a ton of fun. Shout outs to all the smashers that came with us. (And screw you mexis/ZZ for bailing/not manning up and telling me you're bailing till an hour+ after we had wanted to leave in the first place)

Banned via Warnings
^^ Buzz, you can just ignore anything Gkirbz says, he just looks to troll anything people say. He had 150~ banned accounts on the old smashboards for a reason...

Hey it's nice to see there's someone new interested in the scene. :D Welcome.

Also, the Vegas trip was a ton of fun. Shout outs to all the smashers that came with us. (And screw you mexis/ZZ for bailing/not manning up and telling me you're bailing till an hour+ after we had wanted to leave in the first place)
that doesnt change the fact that all forums suck everywhere. plus buzzsaw only plays melee wtf the melee scene is ****ing dead here..... good riddance though its a ****ing wonky ass hitboxes n inputs game with only 3 viable characters, i love how melee hates brawl for not having combos but in melee the non top tiers have less combos and less effective combos than the worst character in brawl. buzz isnt new kenny come on even i know that and im just an asshole. he's old. old as ****, like i think he has a fat wife and fat kids and fat self.

EDIT: just noticed you were talking to some new fairy ****** pit main n not buzz oh well **** it. the gay is on arrorororororororow

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Gotta hand it to ya. I totally forgot that the binary to store posts weighed less than an ounce.

I'm not against competing in Brawl. I still play Brawl. The last couple smashfests I hosted did not ban Brawl. I honestly was not sure who all wanted to even play Brawl. I just never brought it up, I guess. Yes, I favor Melee, but if I go to a tournament where both are hosted, I will likely enter both. It's no secret that I dislike Brawl overall, but it's still a smash game, and I still play it.

ZZ, I'm fine with your criticisms of the forum. Just give it some time. Don't write it off the first week it's barely functional. You just have to understand my side of it. A lot of work goes into this, and we WANT the community to be happy. So, it's frustrating when people instantly respond, "It sux. Change it back." I am your voice to the staff. I'll pass along your comments.

Banned via Warnings
Gotta hand it to ya. I totally forgot that the binary to store posts weighed less than an ounce.

I'm not against competing in Brawl. I still play Brawl. The last couple smashfests I hosted did not ban Brawl. I honestly was not sure who all wanted to even play Brawl. I just never brought it up, I guess. Yes, I favor Melee, but if I go to a tournament where both are hosted, I will likely enter both. It's no secret that I dislike Brawl overall, but it's still a smash game, and I still play it.

ZZ, I'm fine with your criticisms of the forum. Just give it some time. Don't write it off the first week it's barely functional. You just have to understand my side of it. A lot of work goes into this, and we WANT the community to be happy. So, it's frustrating when people instantly respond, "It sux. Change it back." I am your voice to the staff. I'll pass along your comments.
I love when its someone elses hand for once.

I never said you were, idk why you would if you dont like it and know you are just gonna lose money. that just sounds stupid. make up your mind you either brawl or you dont brawl, you dont just the tip or dry hump you dive in head first and only give a **** about getting yours off even if the other person is mad or irritated when its over.

if you are taking suggestions i'd like to recommend for future updates a new system rather than beta-ing it incomplete...

what i said in my last post about not uploading an incomplete site and doing it on a cloned database instead. except pretty.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
"Dude, deer can jump higher than the average house."
"...houses can't jump."

Lolz, this weekend ftw.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
pretty sure i'm leaving the area due to many difficulties i've had while here
farewell smash? i want to leave this weekend. my bro comes home today from his business trip over the weekend and we will talk it over and i'll finalize if i'm leaving or not

would be nice to play the best melee players at least once

Banned via Warnings
pretty sure i'm leaving the area due to many difficulties i've had while here
farewell smash? i want to leave this weekend. my bro comes home today from his business trip over the weekend and we will talk it over and i'll finalize if i'm leaving or not

would be nice to play the best melee players at least once
I'm the best melee player. hit me up. you'll need to bring a copy and your own control tho.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
(And screw you mexis/ZZ for bailing/not manning up and telling me you're bailing till an hour+ after we had wanted to leave in the first place)
I might be able to go I guess, but dont put me in as for sure, and if you guys get 8 people, then I just wont go. So basically, if you have an extra seat, maybe from me.
I never said I was for sure... I said MAYBE. I ended up not being able to get work off, and I was also short on funds and my phone was dead cuz I lost my charger, so I couldnt go. And I wouldve made a post earlier about it, but SWF was down and I couldnt call/text with my phone dead. I meant to tell you over Facebook but when I found out I couldnt go I didnt have internet, and I forgot to contact you later, so I am sorry for that. But regardless, I never confirmed myself so saying I bailed isnt true.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I never said you had confirmed for sure, but Staz made it sound like it. The mexis told me there was a really good chance of you guys coming and they had confirmed with us the night before. Even the day of, they made it sound like they were all in. I told them I wanted to leave at 4:30, they say make it 6:00 and then it wasn't till 5:30 when they all bailed on us. So that was more directed at them than you. It is pretty messed up though.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
TL;DR version of zz's post "Johns go here also my text is stupid pony*** blue."
Hey, man... I don't care what you say, but don't be relating the color cyan with ponies... XD

@MeatIsMURDER: I'll be extremely busy this week with 2 tests, beginning a new job, as well as other errands, so that's kind of unfortunate timing.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I never said you had confirmed for sure, but Staz made it sound like it. The mexis told me there was a really good chance of you guys coming and they had confirmed with us the night before. Even the day of, they made it sound like they were all in. I told them I wanted to leave at 4:30, they say make it 6:00 and then it wasn't till 5:30 when they all bailed on us. So that was more directed at them than you. It is pretty messed up though.
I personally had no idea they said that :/

@PC: too late bro theyre already related: http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/...0__happier_rainbow_dash_by_tim015-d57ewqs.png

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Maybe, not sure. Depends on where it is, what time it is, and what Im doing this week.

Id like to say probably, but with all the **** thats come up for me during every other smashfest in the past couple months, Im hesitant to make any commitments.

wangston

Smash Lord
Maybe, not sure. Depends on where it is, what time it is, and what Im doing this week.

Id like to say probably, but with all the **** thats come up for me during every other smashfest in the past couple months, Im hesitant to make any commitments.
**** YOU

everyone likes you zz, or atleast I do anyways. You're a chill guy and fun to hang out with and to smash with. We all love you. Everyone is just a stupid troll.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
**** YOU

everyone likes you zz, or atleast I do anyways. You're a chill guy and fun to hang out with and to smash with. We all love you. Everyone is just a stupid troll.
Lol I didnt mean it like that, I meant every time Ive said Id go to something, I ended up not being able to go due to something coming up.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Lol I didnt mean it like that, I meant every time Ive said Id go to something, I ended up not being able to go due to something coming up.
Well I wanna smash with you. I haven't smashed you since that one time I gave you a ride.

wangston

Smash Lord
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see. Lol well maybe I should read more carefully.

PS marz. I like these headphones. They keep my ears warm.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont even have a working Wii or GC so I havent played ANY smash in at least 3 months, so I know for a fact Ill be hella rusty. Regardless though, Id love to play smash again, even if I have lost most of my competitive drive for the game since I put all my competitive effort towards PSA. ;p

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I dont even have a working Wii or GC so I havent played ANY smash in at least 3 months, so I know for a fact Ill be hella rusty. Regardless though, Id love to play smash again, even if I have lost most of my competitive drive for the game since I put all my competitive effort towards PSA. ;p
I just got a used Gamecube off ebay for $30. Totally worth it. :]

And don't worry. I'm not dangerous.

Top Bottom