• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'll be having a smashfest that day (Feb 2). Guests include Casture, Koaxial Kable, and Gojira. 8D

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm definitely going to Buzz's, even without that spectacular old-school guest list. Most of the Cafeneio people will probably be going to Buzz's afterwards, anyway, so might as well head straight to Buzz's and avoid having to relocate midway through.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If people are still gonna be at Buzz's at 6, I might show up around then depending on how long we can stay.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Alright, update on Salt Fest, as some of you may have noticed. There haven't been any updates recently on the website and this is for a couple of reasons:
1. We are overhauling the entire website.
2. We were away promoting the event at various places.

The overhauled website will be up either tonight or early tomorrow morning. For those who talked to us about running other games. Those will be up when the new website is live.

Thank you everyone.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I can't go to Vegas. :( I'm working on a film set that weekend. I wish I could though.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, the original plan was to go from like 10 AM to 6 PM. Now I see people wanting to start at 6. Is that the only time you're available? I don't mind shifting it to later in the day, but I cannot afford another late night. I'm busy Sunday. :]

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I can be there like, maybe 4 at the earliest, and thats if I leave like, immediately after I get home from work. Otherwise, I could make it around 5 or so roughly, I just said 6 to give myself more of a cushion.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Wait, when are you guys leaving for Vegas? If it's after 7 Friday, I can go.

:phone:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'll run it by Casture and the others. I don't know if they can stay that long, but I'm still OK with hosting "phase 2" from like 4 to 10. It just means I'll be smashing a LOT this weekend. XD

is melee happening 2/2 at 4pm
i skimmed
where am i going and how do i get there
Yeah, Melee at my house on 2/2 at 4 PM.

1673 Crystal Ridge Drive
West Jordan, UT 84084

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Casture and Koax are smashing at 10 AM. I'll probably have some kind of intermission, but smash from 4 to 10 is fine. I have an extra Gamecube now too, so someone bring a copy of Melee.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
When is Gojira coming?
ya thats exactly why i made the kafe tourney end at 5
First off, Buzz never actually stated what time during the day he was planning to do it prior to when you contacted Cafeneio, yet what you said seem to imply that you knew the time and that he was planning it in the evening. Second, Buzz's original planned time ends around the same time as your plan, so that further makes that statement illogical.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to come into the thread while you guys are discussing other things. The new website is up and you may now sign up for both Melee and Brawl. Check it out and we hope you like the new website. www.saltfest.org

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You might as well combine page 1 and 2 on the tournament sign ups, since it's only 2 tourneys, so it wont take up that much more space. And the link to page 2 is pri small to begin with, it's very unnoticeable. If I wasn't looking for it I would have missed it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
To further emphasize this point, Buzz was looking for it and he still missed it.

EDIT: So I have a question. If I buy the Badge of the Gods, is it possible to give my "1 guaranteed streamed match" to someone else of my choosing? I only plan to enter Melee but it won't be streamed, unless someone else is willing to stream it, so I don't want it to go to waste.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
To further emphasize this point, Buzz was looking for it and he still missed it.

EDIT: So I have a question. If I buy the Badge of the Gods, is it possible to give my "1 guaranteed streamed match" to someone else of my choosing? I only plan to enter Melee but it won't be streamed, unless someone else is willing to stream it, so I don't want it to go to waste.
We don't mind if you want to do it. Just send send me an email with the person you want streamed in your place.

Oh, by the way. Albert Wesker, anyone? http://www.saltfest.org/guests.html

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
omg ST
with that random wake up super

Will the Super Turbo rich guy decimate all of the Z Smashers and Skull Girls at the donation drive. Find out on the next epicsode of Smash Ball Z. Got to get that off my chest LOL.
MELEE AT 91K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
if I hosted a smash fest on feb 22 who would be able to make it? :D we'd have melee and brawl.

Drop Brawl, and I am so there. 8D Couldn't come until after work, though.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The amount of brawl hate in the smash community in general, serious or not, is starting to get obnoxious.

Who's going to that cafe tourney tomorrow? Yaz and I are gonna come if we can figure out our ride situation/other people are actually going to show.

Edit: who am I kidding? It's been obnoxious for a very long time now.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Anyone have a spare copy of Melee? Like I said, I have a spare cube + TV now. I just need the game for it.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I have to be back in the evening so I wouldn't be there when most people are, and as fun as playing melee is I would rather play in a brawl tournament.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
okay so my dota team is *****ing at me because apparently we have a really tight schedule for tournaments this weekend
we play 8a-2p then 3/4p-? tomorrow
so pretty sure i can't make whatever is happening
is this a tournament or just a smashfest
and if i can make it out, at least in the night, does anybody wanna moneymatch in melee
also i haven't google mapped the location/distance yet but is anybody carpooling that i could snag a ride with if this isn't walking distance (3 miles or so)
maybe i'll find a bus route too or something

either way i think ican't make this. bummer. i really want to come but we got 3 tournaments to play this weekend

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Its just a smashfest, and Buzz's house is pretty close to the Trax station and someone could definitely pick you up from there (its like, a minute drive or something to the station lol), so if need be you could take that, which only cost $2.35.

Top Bottom