• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

lengeta

Smash Ace
Zach, I'm once again plyable to your will. I still have the 15th off work, so if that's going to be the easiest way, let me know. I can also, and am totally willing, to get you from the bus-stop, and even give you a ride home afterwards. Sort of a "sorry for being a douch" kinda thing or something.

Anyway yeah, I've recently discovered that PMs are tedious...

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Make sure you stick to the 8-minute time limit if you end up meeting in the bracket.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Zach, I'm once again plyable to your will. I still have the 15th off work, so if that's going to be the easiest way, let me know. I can also, and am totally willing, to get you from the bus-stop, and even give you a ride home afterwards. Sort of a "sorry for being a douch" kinda thing or something.

Anyway yeah, I've recently discovered that PMs are tedious...

I will definatley let you know what i decide on doing.

yazyaz we must do some peach vs bowser

C!Z

Smash Lord
So I'm gonna be in Orem today visiting some friends and I'm pretty sure we're gonna be doin some Smashin, so if any of you Orem folks wanna come play with us let me know. Hmm I'm kinda goin straight after work but I'll come home first to shower an stuff so just pm me for an exchange of cell phone numbers or something idk...

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Bah, I work tonight, so I can't smash.... You could always, you know, come and buy some pizza though ^^

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
so guys I'm still up here. I don't have much time as this is a public computer, so I'll just make it short;
are we still up for some smash either tomorrow, friday, or saturday? send me a text or somethin.... four-three-three-eight-six-four-zero :D. yup.. bored..... want to smash.... :).

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Hey everybody! What do you all think about a smashfest this Saturday, Nielson's Park, same place, 6:00??? How many of you do you think can come? We'll have more TV's, so we can all play at the same time...

Please everybody! I need practice before the 15th! :grin:

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I would be up for some smash this saturday, but my house wouldn't work out. Is anybody else up for it.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Well, it would be at Nielson's Park, if you know where that is... I can give you an (approx.) address and even directions if you need them.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Casture would be the guy to ask about a ride from Orem.

There will most likely be a smashfest at more than one location next weekend, btw. It would be weird to always have to travel to a statewide smashfest every week instead of either of 2 (maybe more?) local smashfests.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Casture would be the guy to ask about a ride from Orem.

There will most likely be a smashfest at more than one location next weekend, btw. It would be weird to always have to travel to a statewide smashfest every week instead of either of 2 (maybe more?) local smashfests.
Yeah, that makes sense. Well, everybody down here needs to come to ours! hehe :p

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
So, lengeta is the only one with Mario Strikers Charged?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Don't be upset just because I could beat you all!

I choose 2.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey everybody! What do you all think about a smashfest this Saturday, Nielson's Park, same place, 6:00??? How many of you do you think can come? We'll have more TV's, so we can all play at the same time...

Please everybody! I need practice before the 15th! :grin:
Yaz and I are planning on coming if nothing comes up between now and then. Also, i'll probably bring a couple of my friends who aren't on smashboards if we can go.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys :). I'm back from wolf creek! Just going over all the posts I missed... lots of stuff :lol:.

Anyway, I'm totally going to the saturday fest. so, so far we've got:

Location: 330w(ish) sandhill road in orem. Because of construction on sandhill road though, take this route: Starting from I-15 heading south, take exit 269. Now, university pkway until south main street. Follow that until 2000 south (turn right[west]) and nielsen's park will be on your right :).

Time: 6:00ish (with the ish implying that it's negotiable)

People: 7+3 or so
tjrook + a friend or two?
me (cdbobo)
McFly
Yaz
Ken + a friend or two
casture
(spid3y..?)

TV's: 3 (4)
me(cdbobo) - 2
(?)tjrook - 1
casture - 1

Cubes: 4
me(cdbobo) - 2
tjrook - 1
Ken Neth - 1

If you're coming, speak up so i can put you on the list, and if you have tv's or cubes you can bring, speak up too :lol:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I think I just ran into the biggest problem I could ever run into:

A less responsive controller....

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Daaang... if the tournament were on September 22, I could make it since I'll be in Utah during that time anyway. Host a smashfest, perhaps? ^_^

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, I also challenge anyone to a game of Mario Strikers Charged! Just name the time and place! ^_^

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i have good news and bad news for all my loyal fans.

its sad to say... but my last melee tournament is on oct 6 and its not a utah tournament. i've decided to keep working fri-sun and have the rest of the days off. the main reason being SNOWBOARDING and bunch of other stuff. but more bad news, i don't think i can make it to any brawl tournaments. i'm starting school again this spring and i plan on keeping this job. so yea, i'm pretty busy.

Well, it's been really fun playing with EVERYONE. Utah is really cool, ummm well kinda when there's no drama. we just got to learn to be friends rather than rivals and i promise you, we will get a lot better. make sure you guys kick butt in brawl and call me if you want to play on weekdays. i dont have shout outs because there is soo much to say. my only regret is not having another chance to play st. george, colorado and idaho and not having another chance to redeem myself for not winning tournaments. everyone i played is too cool.

i cant think of any good news right now because it is a sad for me to say this...

i'm retiring from smash....maybe forever......

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
There will be a lot of Utah smashers leaving smash by the beginning of next year. Some are leaving on missions, maybe some retiring when brawl comes out, maybe some retiring for other reasons. However, brawl should bring in many new players. It's up to the new people and whoever of the regulars are left to continue what was started.

It's also a good idea to get together more and do non-smash stuff together. Being a closer community will also make us better at smash in the end, as well as things more important than smash.

Keep in touch, Phil. Let's do some non-smash stuff sometime ;)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
my only regret is not having another chance to play st. george, colorado and idaho...
Hear that? We're #1!

Phil, it's rediculous to say you're retired FOREVER. Some freak circumstance may come up and then like, you can come and whatnot! Just don't leave the boards. It's never too much effort to spend 5 extra minutes to check up on old pals. ;)

Top Bottom