• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Hey well I'd be down to come to that Grove thing if everyone is cool with that...?
That would be awesome!

I'm still planning on coming... by the way. I have a gamecube that I can bring, along with four controllers (one of them is a weird one, I dont think anybody would use it...) I dont have a TV to bring, so hopefully somebody can bring a few of those :( I also have a tarp (quite a few, actually), so if I can find one, I'll bring one of those too! :)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Yeah, bring what tarps you can, as well as the cube.

That means we just need TVs ^^

And yes C!Z, you can come. It's a park, I don't think we can ban you from that XD

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Too lazy to edit, and it's semi-important, so meschk

I got called into work, so I should be there from noon-4, unless I get off early because of it dying down. BYU football game, and they have no designated cooks right now XD If anyone wants to reach me, call me at eight-three-zero-zero-eight-four-seven (that way so it's not so obvious to people just wanting to spam my cell). Hopefully I'll be able to answer. If not, just leave a message with your name, name on the boards, and a number for me to call you back at.

Aside from that, Nielsen's Grove, 6 o'clock. I'll be wearing a feathered hat and my long coat. I'll probably finish around 9 or 9:30, because I have to pick my gf up at 10.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring at least one TV and two cubes. I'm also bringing Kevin, my scrubby brother so... woot :). louie, are you bringing anyone extra?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Meschk, getting called into work sucks...

A friend of mine said he could bring a TV. I've got one I'll bring, though the color is slightly off (old thing XD).

So, I think we should be good.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Well I won the Anime Bonzai Smash tourney Hooty Hoo!!! haha Dam I wanted to come to that Smashfest but it took so long at the other one :( If anybody is down to play tomorrow i'm free for sure so let me know

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
YOU won? What happened to PC and his ability to **** anything with the gesture of his claw?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
So I got back from the Smashfest (after arriving about 15 minutes late XD)

Quite a number of people showed up. Had two cubes going, and some other people that were there for a different thing were interested.

We should do this again sometime, no? XD

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
During, round 2, I ended up handing Rafa the better controller, and later I paniced and played poorly after it came down to one-on-one with him. He beat me (I guess it's only fair, since I beat him two years in a row already, with last year being in round 2, and with the same situation). Then, he went on, and then got first in the next round (with top two from the two final matches advancing), and then those 4 played in the finals, and C!Z ended up taking first, and Rafa took 4th. Some girl that played Marth took second.
For some reason, Rafa's the only one that can beat me... C!Z, you were lucky that Rafa eliminated me before I played you.
:p

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Hey if i try to set up a tournament in Boise Idaho after your one on the 15th would you guys try to get a car or two up to it. It wouldn't be for at least two weeks after yours so there would be time for planing and picking a good date that would work for the most people and other ****.

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
During, round 2, I ended up handing Rafa the better controller, and later I paniced and played poorly after it came down to one-on-one with him. He beat me (I guess it's only fair, since I beat him two years in a row already, with last year being in round 2, and with the same situation). Then, he went on, and then got first in the next round (with top two from the two final matches advancing), and then those 4 played in the finals, and C!Z ended up taking first, and Rafa took 4th. Some girl that played Marth took second.
For some reason, Rafa's the only one that can beat me... C!Z, you were lucky that Rafa eliminated me before I played you.
:p
Hey PC, you forgot that I took third! Not like it matters at a tournament like that anyways. But thats a big deal because last year I was eliminated in the first round.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey if i try to set up a tournament in Boise Idaho after your one on the 15th would you guys try to get a car or two up to it. It wouldn't be for at least two weeks after yours so there would be time for planing and picking a good date that would work for the most people and other ****.
I wouldn't be able to. I might be going to a DDR tournament on the 22nd, and already having a the 10th and 15th off, combined with that... yeah, I need money XD

lengeta

Smash Ace
I feel I should say something with all the bickering I've just read, but the dust sorta setteled and I feel bad kicking it back up. Oh well, here goes.

Let it be known I have a burning, seething hatered for Zack right now, and to a lesser extent Nate (because he's Zack's right-hand-man). It's completely (99%) based upon the EVO trip, quite a bit of which was completely out of their control. I should only be mad about the $71 I've been shorted, and the fact I'm quite confident that the two were well aware they were going to be coming up short before we even left. It's still really my fault in a small way, I should have collected cash before I'd let them onto the van. I don't think it's that Zack and Nate are untrustworthy, it's just... nevermind, let's not go there...

My rant was just that, a rant. Normally I'd deal with all that in PMs, but you can't really vent if your not speaking to the masses. I'd been driving three days straight, had little sleep, had to head straight back to school, and I was still going to drive four more hours to give Zack a ride home. I decided I didn't want to make that last part of the trip, especally after considering I hadn't been paid for the gas earlier, so slept instead (much needed...), woke up pissed and ended up snapping. Other than the $71, the only real gripes I have with you two are as follows:

Zack, I haven't heard you say this for awhile, but I have heard you say it. "If I'd mained Shiek this whole time rather than Bowser, I'd be better than everyone/I curently am/PC/so-n-so/blah-blah." Like I said, haven't heard it for quite a while, but I did hear you telling Bobo exactly how he would have done against Arash, and how well he'd have played against so-n-so, etc etc. Please stop that. Nobody wants to hear your expertise on where they belong because you have oh so much more experience, or know the match-ups, or whatever. Nobody. Also, your sense of direction SUCKS!

Nate, your always saying it's the cocky players who diserve to lose. I'm in total agreence. I don't think your cocky by ANY means, but you do like to call a lot of other people scrubby. Both you and Zack are on a high-horse, thinking you two run the smash scene. I don't think it'd exist without you, but I still stand by my opinion that neither of you have any more say in ANYthing than anyone else does just because you've organized it all. You (both Nate and Zack) have this air of "what I say goes, no questions, I'm doing it."

Also, I dropped going to the 15th tournament becasue I don't think I'm ready to deal with you two right now. As far as quitting Smash... I'm just quitting this scene for now. School's back up, I've just moved, etc etc, too much will be going on again for me to hit the tournies. I'll still be playing with my buddies down here, and I'll definitely stick my head back out when Brawl hits.

Banzai was alright... I swear they lost attendence all around this year (plus Snafu's sales kinda blew). I was in the semi-final with Rafa (sorry, I mean DM [lulz] ) and another girl, only the first one out of the match wouldn't make it to finals. I made the mistake of picking Falco for the job of survival... bad decision. Oh, and yeah, Game Crazy still sucks SO horribly bad. Seriously, you don't have to wait for all four matches to be over the start the next four, WTF? Oh, and I placed higher than PC at this thing, so make sure you show that in the power rankings. ;)

C!Z

Smash Lord
Lol.... Yeah it was good seein my fellow Battleshltter at ta Bonzai haha So anybody up for a fest today? Cha mon mangs I'm upset I couldn't go yesterday and I really still wanna play so peoples let do this! Oh and PC YOU'RE lucky Raf elminated you before I had to put the hurt on hahahaha ;)

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
well.. i went to the smash fest and met up with bobo and casture :) wow. it was a blast. got some team battle going.. me and ken neth wailing on everyone hahaha even though sometimes we got wailed on.. but we should definitely do that again. so fun..

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
lengeta you should still go to the 15th tournament because some of Idaho might show up and we want to see you man. And i kinda understand how you feel, not nearly to the extent you got it to, because i did the driving thing for a while and sometimes **** happens i know. Beside there are going to be a lot of people at the 15th tournament and you could just hang out with other people. So come on man you should still go so you can chill with me and the rest of Idaho.

C!Z

Smash Lord
So is there seriously nobody that wants to Smash today? If there's atleast 2 people in Orem down to play then I'll even make the trip down there. I wanna play dam you peoples

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Can't. Sunday XD Otherwise I would totally be up for it.

Come Thursday though I have the day off, so I might be able to do so.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Yeah, it is. Nowhere near a shame though that I'm deciding to be with my girl that day instead of smashing though ^^

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I would C!Z, but my family is going to that time share place until the 5th tomorrow.. when we get back though, I will totally be up for it. Next time I'm totally bringing two tv's, and you guys need to get some too, lol. Of course, it was great fun, but more tv's would've been even better :).

Shoutouts: Yaz, your peach was really good. Granted, we never did 1 on 1 so I can't say for sure, but you were doing some pretty cool stuff :)
Neth, you had a nice fox. same problem with the one on ones, so I can't give an exhaustive analysis ;), but still.
DJ: your marth wasn't too shabby. work on spacing a bit more and you'll see why marth is so good. I think the results of matches (more losses than wins) were mostly luck... when I teamed with you I didn't feel you were dragging me down or anything, we just got unlucky >.<. You'll have to come to more 'fests or tournaments so we can get better :).
All you other guys who don't have a forum account: great times! the random birthday party behind us with the 5 or 6 people who came to play one match was pretty cool, but we had enough people anyway.... woot for orem growing!

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I think I should be able to make it. If I can get any of my friends to go, then I'll definitely be there on the 15th.
well, does kevin count, louie..? he said if you go he will so.... if he does, we'll see both of you there!!
Transportation is the only question though. Casture said that he could fit four people, and I suppose I'm taking up one, so you + kevin = 3, one spot left... and tjrook wanted to go, and I don't remember if his friends were coming. If so, that's tjrook + friend 1 + friend 2 at the most, so we're missing two spots. If you were planning on driving up by yourself/with that friend, louie, that might work.. I don't know. I just want to plan this stuff ahead of time, heh.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
We should definately do the smashfest tomorrow (I guess it's today now). I am pretty sure that i will be able to do it if it's not too far away. I just need to know when and where.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
"Not too far away" from Orem and also not too far away from the guys further north in SLC tends to imply my house :laugh: Since it's already monday and nobody has volunteered their house yet, I guess it's me then >_> Time? ummm....starting late afternoon/pre rush hour? idk

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
That sounds good. i just remembered my mom was talking about going to park city tomorrow but i'm not sure if we are. So if we don't go then I wll come to the smashfest. Late afternoon sounds like a good time to start.

McFly

Smash Cadet
I've been lurking for a while, but never posting. I'm a new smasher from Orem, but from the sound of things, you might be a little sick of new people from Orem ;).

Top Bottom