• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

___X___

Smash Lord
maybe you should go to school so i dont have to say **** like that when you act like theft isnt a big deal

its become clear to me you only care about money/reputation. other wise you wouldnt be being so gay right now and STILL acting like the problem is solved by having a different host or some **** like that. even if you do find another host its unlikely the stealing will stop, i cant even begin to fathom what would make you think this fixes anything at all except for a way for you to make money.

dude, seriously, screw that gay plan, i call a utah wide boycott on any tourneys in order to prevent further theft until all the stolen **** is returned.
Lol. I'm not saying anything offensive and yet you still are.
People should start taking better care of their stuff. So sad to say its their fault for not keeping it safe and trusting people around it.
Not having a tournament won't bring Justice and it won't bring back the stuff.
I mean, you can try. and heck, it just might actually work.
but while you're doing that, I'll be finding a new host/venue and making sure stuff like this won't happen in Future tournaments.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
*empties a clip in your box with his glock*

*goes into a hysteria of bwahahahahin'g*

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Lol. I'm not saying anything offensive and yet you still are.
People should start taking better care of their stuff. So sad to say its their fault for not keeping it safe and trusting people around it.
Not having a tournament won't bring Justice and it won't bring back the stuff.
I mean, you can try. and heck, it just might actually work.
but while you're doing that, I'll be finding a new host/venue and making sure stuff like this won't happen in Future tournaments.
there was plenty in your previous post that offended me as well as this one.

having a new tourney wont stop the theft.

/discussion

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
See what happens?

Things get stolen from me, and I take a stand. People are like LOL YOU JUST MAD YOU JUST BUTTHURT COME BACK TO TOURNIES

And look what fucking happens. You guys brought this upon yourself.

And X, what kind of comment is that? I told you guys his "apology" didnt mean shit. He doesnt care at all. Good luck in life. You guys are the most disrespectful pieces of gutter trash i've come in contact with. And I'm glad I left when I did. No regrets. I made my true friends in this scene and will continue to chill with them. That's all that matters.

C!Z, see you at SF4 stuff, i'm going this route.
I like this guy.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
yup smart. unlike some people who bring their laptop, iphone, ipod, BOSE noise reducing headphones, wallet with 200 bucks, 4 controllers, melee, brawl, cube, pokemon platinum, ps3, tv, and a rolex.
Best post in regional boards.

But seriously the TOs have a point, there can't be a scene if there's mistrust and uneasiness everywhere.

Thieves corrode the important atmosphere of trust. If there are dirty thieves around, there shouldn't be tournaments.

Trent

Smash Champion

But seriously the TOs have a point, there can't be a scene if there's mistrust and uneasiness everywhere.

Thieves corrode the important atmosphere of trust. If there are dirty thieves around, there shouldn't be tournaments.
Seconded. I was thinking about coming to Utah too. I'll wait for the stuff to get settled. :)

I hope whoever's stuff got stolen gets it back regardless.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
What's more surprising about this whole theft issue, is not that stuff keeps getting stolen, but how some of us are reacting to the situation.

C'mon guys, this is serious stuff. If you can't take it serious, then maybe it's a good thing this scene is falling apart. It could put things in perspective.

Trav, if you need help in any way, I am here to help.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
You guys are ridiculous. I don't care about no more tournaments, I think they are ****ty anyways. As for the stuff being stolen though, that's all your guys is fault. Take better care of your stuff and none of this would've happened. Just like this last tournament, when I walked out of RJ's there was a wallet on the floor and guess whose it belonged to? R3D D09. Someone could have just easily stole your wallet, taking all your money and belongings yet you were lucky enough that it was me who found it.
So in reality you all are to blame. The stealer and the person who got robbed.

Banned via Warnings
you only say they were ****ty because you mad over unrelated shi :/

but a dropped wallet isnt the same situation as stuff you cant have constant watch over though, at some point during hyped matches people can get into stuff like wiis or backpacks EVEN PEOPLES ROOMS with relative ease if they really wanted to becuase all eyes are elsewhere.. which was the case with the majority of stolen goods

though i will admit he is lucky it was someone who would give it back that found the wallet and THAT TYPE of situation truely is your own fault to an extent but i disagree for the rest, it is impossible to keep an eye on your stuff at all times, especially if you are in a match.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Unrelated? How's the tourney host being a troll unrelated?
As for all the stuff that was stolen from YOU, you could hide it away, it's your house. Though I do understand how you can't keep an eye on your stuff all the time since it is your house. Everyone else though, it's their own fault. Keep it in your car, or in a backpack with you at all times.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Um... how much are you guys selling the 3 cookies and the muffins for??? Sorry I thought there was a bake sale in here ;)

Just wanted to say whats up and I hope Sinz and X are ****** =D

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I wanna know who everybody thinks is stealing stuff lol i never get in on juicy utah smash scene secrets and shiz:(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
LOL This is the Smash scene. Sadly, this is one of the scenes where I think stuff would get stolen. Mainly because a lot of the scene are mostly high schoolers. :laugh:
yup smart. unlike some people who bring their laptop, iphone, ipod, BOSE noise reducing headphones, wallet with 200 bucks, 4 controllers, melee, brawl, cube, pokemon platinum, ps3, tv, and a rolex.
LOL Too good.
That's true that people should be more cautious or aware. But in r3d d0g's case, having a Melee disc stolen from a Cube really sucks. I doubt he considered the though of needing to keep an eye out for his disc that should be sitting inside the Cube.
You guys are ridiculous. I don't care about no more tournaments, I think they are ****ty anyways.
Aww... Don't say that. GKirbz put a lot of time and effort into being a tourney host for so long. I think that's kind of rude to him.
So in reality you all are to blame. The stealer and the person who got robbed.
If only the everyone in the world who had stuff stolen could think that! /sarcasm

Seriously though, to all those how had stuff stolen, that really sucks. It's gone too far and it's sad to see the scene crumble like this.

@X Finding a new host or a place to host a tourney is fine. It'll help keep the Smash scene going longer. GKirbz and the others probably just wish that you'd be considerate enough and help them out in this problem first.

@DRyu Yup, I've been telling people to keep their stuff on hand in case someone touches or messes with it. But it really is sad to think someone in the scene would go steal stuff from other Smashers. r3d d0g would always assume that things were misplaced or people had accidentally taken these things home with them. He didn't think all these things were stolen, but that trust is pretty much long gone now.

@Staz You're awesome for trying to help compensate by buying whatever has been lost. But I think the people who had stuff stolen from them want an answer so something like this won't ever happen again.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I think most people would agree that if you leave your stuff out in a way that it can be taken expect it to be, it sucks that it is that way but the truth is that given the chance many people will take anything that is free. How ever that is not the discussion right now, stuff got stolen and needs to be returned. It is irlevent at this time why it was taken or who is to blame for leaving **** out, just know that in the future that stuff can be taken either by mistake or get stolen (if there are future tournies).

Just to recap, stuff was taken and needs to be given back, it doesn't matter who's at falt for leaving stuff out or not. Stop the ****ing *****ing about who is to blame for what and get the stuff back and don't do it again. If this keeps escalating I will lock down the thread to give people some cool down time.

GarraLeeLink7

Smash Apprentice
This thread is for general discussion of the Utah smash scene. This is a good place for Out of State smashers to talk to the UT smashers about stuff like upcoming OoS tournaments or if you'll be visiting Utah and want to smash for a while. This first post will be updated as needed.

Also, welcome any new Utah smashers! Please let us know where in Utah you are so we can find some nearby smashers for you to practice with.
HEY!!!!!!! This Is The Thread I've Been Looking For! =D

I'm In Small Town Cedar City, (Real Close To St. George) And I Want To Compete...

So, As You Said, I'm Letting You Know Where I'm At!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I was wondering...
Like two + of my controllers. Sd card, melée disk, headphones, two iPods, and I think my capture card. Not sure about the capture card. I'm still looking for it. But last place I remember having it was at rj's a few months back.
Was all this stuff listed stolen on that one day? Or is this just a list of things that have gone missing for several tourneys now?
If not, what exactly was stolen on just that Saturday?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted

I'm In Small Town Cedar City, (Real Close To St. George) And I Want To Compete...

Kinda out of luck, I know most of the Utah players are up by Salt lake or provo. Marz is really the only player down in by you I believe. Anyway, great to see a new smasher and maybe Marz would enjoy playing someone off line.

Staz

Smash Lord
i would say whom i suspect it is, but thats injust and would give them no chance at reddogs offer of amnesty if it really were them, so i will wait til friday before pointing any fingers

@dryu:

yeah you mad.
I wanna know who everybody thinks is stealing stuff lol i never get in on juicy utah smash scene secrets and shiz:(
haha i say we should point fingers! it would be awesome and it would be like an investigation :pimp:

LOL This is the Smash scene. Sadly, this is one of the scenes where I think stuff would get stolen. Mainly because a lot of the scene are mostly high schoolers. :laugh:
LOL Too good.

That's true that people should be more cautious or aware. But in r3d d0g's case, having a Melee disc stolen from a Cube really sucks. I doubt he considered the though of needing to keep an eye out for his disc that should be sitting inside the Cube.

Aww... Don't say that. GKirbz put a lot of time and effort into being a tourney host for so long. I think that's kind of rude to him.

If only the everyone in the world who had stuff stolen could think that! /sarcasm

Seriously though, to all those how had stuff stolen, that really sucks. It's gone too far and it's sad to see the scene crumble like this.

@X Finding a new host or a place to host a tourney is fine. It'll help keep the Smash scene going longer. GKirbz and the others probably just wish that you'd be considerate enough and help them out in this problem first.

@DRyu Yup, I've been telling people to keep their stuff on hand in case someone touches or messes with it. But it really is sad to think someone in the scene would go steal stuff from other Smashers. r3d d0g would always assume that things were misplaced or people had accidentally taken these things home with them. He didn't think all these things were stolen, but that trust is pretty much long gone now.

@Staz You're awesome for trying to help compensate by buying whatever has been lost. But I think the people who had stuff stolen from them want an answer so something like this won't ever happen again.
I agree minato, your a studd, basically over all, people who stole the stuff, please return the stuff back asap we won't get mad if you did it as long as you return them back just message R3d Dawg or whoever they need to.

oh btw i uploaded this video on youtube, i think i saw somone steal something in this vid from a past tournament:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8

STAZ EDIT: oh and what colors were the gc controllers?

@GarraLeeLink7: hello there! :D me and my brothers live in payson which is pretty much the closest place to you besides mars! :D message me or get in touch with me somehow and we could arrange something if we are too far its okay...but...just get back to me :)

___X___

Smash Lord
YESSSSSS this man speaks the truth!!!
Minato has been saying some smart and true stuff.

Look, I'd love to help but theres not much I can do.
the only thing that is taking action is CANCELING TOURNEY'S.
thats it.
but When I get a new tourney going I'll make sure things get labeled and are watched upon.
It's a work in progress but I'll do what I can to make NEW, BETTER, MORE ORGANIZED TOURNAMENTS.
:007:

then post the right one?
Lol.
he was joking.

-Mars-

Smash Hero

Hey waddup man!!!!

I'm Marz lol I live in St. George if I had a car I would drive up there and we could smash. Your free to come down here and smash if you want:). I don't have a wii though:(.

But yea there's really 3 of us in St. George but I never get to meet/play them because this Xsyven guy is lame and won't ever hang out.

So yea if you wanna play just lemme know and i'll give u my number or somethin.

Banned via Warnings
chris at least do this then:

inform the host that the reason the last host stopped hosting was because one or more members had began to steal stuff and that itd become too much of a problem and to watch closely for possible theft.

or something along those lines so that at some point this person WILL get caught or at the very least be too afraid to steal again.

thats fair to ask right?

Purple

Hi guys!
It's odd how people are more willing to blame the person who owns the equipment than the stealer.

This is a tournament venue, if you play a match anywhere away from your setup, can you really expect to bring your entire set-up where you go? That would defeat the idea of having a set-up in the first place.

Man up to your responsibilities guys, stop having tournaments until **** gets settled, and if you do continue having tournaments, develop a rule that everyone has to have their bags checked before and after leaving the tournament.

Top Bottom