• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Man up to your responsibilities guys, stop having tournaments until **** gets settled, and if you do continue having tournaments, develop a rule that everyone has to have their bags checked before and after leaving the tournament.
I was actually gonna post this idea.

I mean, granted this s*** shouldn't happen in the first place, but it's a good idea to have someone check bags of all the tournament goers before they enter and before they leave.

When all of the stuff gets returned, let's enforce this rule.

Staz

Smash Lord
okay so its settled this is our new rule for the tournaments now can we get back to talking about smash related things? :) well of course we still need to find the missing things and get them back and i want to help so once again what colors are the gc controllers that are missing? the the head phones? and ipods? details details :bluejump:

DZLE

Smash Master
Regarding the point that it's the person who brought their stuffs fault:
That's going a bit far. I have heard X, and many of the brigade say on multiple accounts "The Smash Scene is like a family, we are all family and love eachother"
or something along those lines.
Do normal, functioning families steal from each other? Lie to each other severely?
No. With talk like that, saying we are all family, that we are all friends, maybe the people that are actually courteous enough to bring their stuff and setups for people to use feel they can trust their "family", this scene, to not be disrespectful to their stuff. So saying its all their fault is out of the question.

And Staz, cmon man you're not making it much better. We are trying to have a serious conversation regarding stuff thats been stolen, stuff the owners actually miss. And saying that you'll buy all you can to replace the stuff thats been stolen is a nice, gesture, but it doesnt help. We are miffed that someone is actually stealing stuff from us. Buying it back would only make the person who stole it think its ok, because that stolen stuff got returned in the end. When in fact, it is NOT ok.
So thank you for the gesture, but leave that out til some answers are found.
And in my opinion Staz it can't be fixed just like that. I'm 100% positive R.J. still will not host at this point. Please take this seriously.

Staz

Smash Lord
Regarding the point that it's the person who brought their stuffs fault:
That's going a bit far. I have heard X, and many of the brigade say on multiple accounts "The Smash Scene is like a family, we are all family and love eachother"
or something along those lines.
Do normal, functioning families steal from each other? Lie to each other severely?
No. With talk like that, saying we are all family, that we are all friends, maybe the people that are actually courteous enough to bring their stuff and setups for people to use feel they can trust their "family", this scene, to not be disrespectful to their stuff. So saying its all their fault is out of the question.

And Staz, cmon man you're not making it much better. We are trying to have a serious conversation regarding stuff thats been stolen, stuff the owners actually miss. And saying that you'll buy all you can to replace the stuff thats been stolen is a nice, gesture, but it doesnt help. We are miffed that someone is actually stealing stuff from us. Buying it back would only make the person who stole it think its ok, because that stolen stuff got returned in the end. When in fact, it is NOT ok.
So thank you for the gesture, but leave that out til some answers are found.
And in my opinion Staz it can't be fixed just like that. I'm 100% positive R.J. still will not host at this point. Please take this seriously.
family actually does do all of that stuff haha if they don't then they must be a pretty boooring family :p but anyways that's not the point i was just trying to end all this crazinesss by helping buy all the stuff because if something of mine got stolen i wouldn't probably get mad i would probably be way concerned but i mean its not my whole life that i lost you guys have the right to be mad and i respect that but it doesn't mean you have to be it just makes the person who stole it a whole lot more scared to return it, i would just ask nicely for somone to return but if they don't thats up to them life will just get back at them, what comes around goes around its CARMA i mean geeez seriously guys who would steal? that's just plain evil we should listen to mcgruff

I need to poke battle you :D and i also need to play you in TVC :chuckle:

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
look red dog is offering this/those person(s) a shot at amnesty which i will respect if they do come forth to him as should everyone on the scene.

but dzle is 100 percent correct. i will not host nor attend tourneys until things get returned, buying them back just reinforces the thought that stealing is ok :/

if they return the items through red dog no one will know who did it and as long as they never did it again they could remain a part of the scene. however if they dont i do have the capability/time/money to find out who it is and will press charges in criminal court and request they be trialed as an adult, which is HIGHLY likely to happen as this can be done after the age of 14. whomever it is should just make things far easier on themselves and come out before the end of the week and this is a VERY generous amount of time considering the theft issue has been such an ongoing problem. rather than risk 5-10 years of the life over a few hundred dollars worth of property.

DZLE

Smash Master
Gkirbs getting down to business.

I still don't see how people can't understand that this place isn't some random place you host tournaments at. This is your house. Your home. Where your family lives.

**** like this shouldnt be happening at your home.

EDIT:
Also, my laptop charger just busted and I have about 15 minutes left on this charge. I won't have another chord for a few days, I just ordered it. If any of you need to talk to me, you have my number. don't be afraid to text or call me. If you don't have my number, you have a way of getting it.

Purple

Hi guys!
On a serious note, if that stuff is stolen, and things have been stolen consistently, chances are that stuff is on the verge of getting sold to someone outside of the smash community, or has already been traded off/sold to an electronics store of some sort.

You're not getting that stuff back.

Your best bet is to see if the venue has camera, find the culprit, and press charges in small claims.

Purple

Hi guys!
Go for it, i'd rather get money that someone doesn't have (if they had money, they wouldn't steal), leaving them in debt and despair.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
i know lol what are the police gonna do???? check for sperm samples?? bwahahahaha police cant do shiz about this.

Purple

Hi guys!
interrogate everyone at the event? @_@

but in all seriousness, i'm glad you can push down an idea and not raise up another option.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
We should hide cameras in the venue without anyone, even me, knowing o.o

r3d d09

Smash Master
We said that if this doesn't get solved. That the national tourney will be cancelled. This is serious. No one has even sent me a message except for one person. No one thinks this is serious.

Send me messages. Talk to me. Right now. I am the savior to the person who is stealing. Contact me and I will save you from a ban of the Utah scene. Charges and jail time. This is serious.

I will meet the person where ever is needed so they're comfortable in talking about this.

Take this one time chance.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
We said that if this doesn't get solved. That the national tourney will be cancelled. This is serious. No one has even sent me a message except for one person. No one thinks this is serious.

Send me messages. Talk to me. Right now. I am the savior to the person who is stealing. Contact me and I will save you from a ban of the Utah scene. Charges and jail time. This is serious.

I will meet the person where ever is needed so they're comfortable in talking about this.

Take this one time chance.
But do all of the Smashers at that tourney even check or post on SWF?

Staz

Smash Lord
Itouch owned me. And no. A few new people went that aren't on here.
then what if its one of those new people that came? im sure if they went somewhere that they weren't going to come back to and saw something they liked im pretty sure they would of snatched it, what if they aren't even on swf and we get no more tournies for what they did?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
then what if its one of those new people that came? im sure if they went somewhere that they weren't going to come back to and saw something they liked im pretty sure they would of snatched it, what if they aren't even on swf and we get no more tournies for what they did?
Which sucks since that's probably what happened. I really doubt anyone on here would go about stealing things from other people.
It's still r3d d0g's and GKirbz's decision in the end though if tourneys continue or not.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
The one new person was that other toon link main who went by the name of such.
He brang a friend who didn't enter the tourney. I would look for him on FB scene page idk how else he found out about the tourney

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
NO MORE TOURNAMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!​

stuff was stolen yesterday, and it wasn't just one thing.

RJ has said that he isn't going to host anymore unless EVERYTHING gets returned. you know who you are, and what you've taken. this is insane. So much for respect for the community and the host. You lost your tournaments.

If you come forward to me via pm or something and talk with me, I will not tell anyone who it was and save you from the people you've stole stuff from.

If I find out or others if you don't come forward ... I'm taking drastic measures. Reporting you to the SWF boards making it so you're banned to any tourney that is posted on here, and I will call all the local places and give them a detailed description of what you look like, main, etc. Don't ruin your tourney life over something like this contact me.

You may think this is overboard, but it's not. I've done it before with halo, and it worked perfectly.

There was a chance that it was on accident, but when i opened my GC and saw the melee disk missing, I knew that we had a thief among us.

If you have any information on stuff being stolen, saw someone etc. Contact my personally and I will go from there.

We are serious about this. There is a list already of suspicious people that we've been watching. for the people that's on that list. prepare for some private chats with me or something else.

Things need to be returned to owners or the massive tourney will be called off too.

Dont ruin your chance to meet some of the best and top players in the nation. PM ME NOW!

I will be copy and pasting this around every 5 posts, not as spam. but to make you guys know how serious this is. some of you screwed up way hardcore. FIX IT

if RJ = gkirby, it sounds like karma man.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
ya, RJ does=Gkirby, but the stuff that was stolen wasn't all his (I think, not sure who's it all is). As for it being one of the new people who showed up for one event, correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't this been happening over several weeks/months? And if they only showed up for this past one it can't have been them. I could be wrong though, I dont have the best attendance myself to know who shows up and who doesn't.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The one new person was that other toon link main who went by the name of such.
He brang a friend who didn't enter the tourney. I would look for him on FB scene page idk how else he found out about the tourney
i also brought panda but I was his ride and I didnt see him with anything myself. Plus he wearing pants without pockets and is one of the most trustworthy people I know.

Also the only person who I haven't seen before (but then again I'm not exactly a Utah veteran) aside from such was erk.

As for everyone who was there that I remember, there was
-me
-gkirbs
-panda
-red dog
-ds4
-x
-kevin
-yaz
-ciz
-dryu
-lanky
-zeth
-sephiroth
-erk
-such
-such's friend
-pc

I think that was everyone, correct me if im wrong or forgot someone

C!Z

Smash Lord
I brang Sucha, I'm pretty positive they had nothin to do with it.

Also I highly doubt you'd get jail time for small claims items being stolen and if you did it wouldn't be prison where you get butt ***** lol just so all you noobs know.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Everyone should just message me with who you think did it. And who ever comes up a lot. I will talk to. But I will also talk to random people so no one knows who was voted and what not.

Top Bottom