• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Remember the tourney in Orem I was going to host?
I blame Orem, its cursed.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Remember the tourney in Orem I was going to host?
I blame Orem, its cursed.
But didnt we have to cancel that because it was the same weekend everyone was going to Vegas? We cant give up on Orem! :D

Also on Wednesday I am going to bring my Wii to school and challenge people to Brawl matches and maybe even do a few money matches. But Im gonna see if I can get anyone at my school will start coming to tourneys. More noobs hopefully.

___X___

Smash Lord
But didnt we have to cancel that because it was the same weekend everyone was going to Vegas? We cant give up on Orem! :D

Also on Wednesday I am going to bring my Wii to school and challenge people to Brawl matches and maybe even do a few money matches. But Im gonna see if I can get anyone at my school will start coming to tourneys. More noobs hopefully.

this man speaks the truth, we HAVE to keep trying to have tournaments in orem, that would be BOMB, oh and C!Z wanted me to tell utah that he's gay now, and watch out.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Nope, you aren't alone PC. Gojira would've announced another farewell tourney if he were really moving.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Whoa, one whole day without any new posts? What happened to Utah in a month?
It used to be that I would go through a couple of pages to read the days events.
Rade said it perfectly. We don't care anymore.

Yaz's facial expression alone was enough to make me laugh... :laugh:
Yep...can't get the image out of my head...

I'm gonna go play Majora's Mask. Maybe that will force it out of my mind.

Oh, I'm forced to not believe everything right when I hear it, so I don't believe Goji is moving. But still, since it is a Brawl-oriented state, wouldn't it be good news? I'm betting Goji is dancing with joy...or something like that...

Eh, I don't care anymore...

~You will taste Man-Flesh! Stupid, fat Hobbit...

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
Hello Utah! I am here representing Oklahoma and would like to inform you guys that we are planning on hosting OH SNAP our major tournament between the dates of Aug 12th and Aug 16th. Please do not schedule any tournaments during this time. You guys are welcome to come and it would also help if you provided me with the names of your major tournament organizers. Thanks!

Gojira

Smash Lord
Oh, I'm forced to not believe everything right when I hear it, so I don't believe Goji is moving. But still, since it is a Brawl-oriented state, wouldn't it be good news? I'm betting Goji is dancing with joy...or something

Utah is not a brawl oriented state. we have 30+ consistent SF4 players and there is also a big halo scene here with actualy MLG pros.

For the record I am not pulling a goji something or what have you. I may be seriosuly moving to either Canada, OK, or Cali for a job. Right now I would say chances are about 75%. The only thing that will prevent it from happening is if I decide not to go. That will only cross my mind if its MT.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I has arrived. So Thinh do you wanna be the cool guy who picks me n Burr up for the tourney? Prease =D We're right off the 33rd 215 exit.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Utah is not a brawl oriented state. we have 30+ consistent SF4 players and there is also a big halo scene here with actualy MLG pros.
I meant Smash Bros.-wise. I mean, the majority of us are not even going because Brawl won't be playable. They won't even go to see C!Z cause it's not there.

~You will taste Man-Flesh! Stupid, fat Hobbit...

vazor

Smash Apprentice
I meant Smash Bros.-wise. I mean, the majority of us are not even going because Brawl won't be playable. They won't even go to see C!Z cause it's not there.
Eh I don't know.. saying majority is kind of cutting it close.

BTW C!Z do you want a ride down to PnT today? Call me before I leave at 4pm.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Meh... I give. Apparently life doesn't like me trying to go to Smash tournies.
I was gonna go to UST today but then stuff came up at noon, so I wouldn't make it. (Aside from that main reason, I honestly don't like competitive Melee that much anyway. Huzzah for only liking the character who has no combos)

I really wanted to show you guys that I've at least improved a little bit in Melee/Brawl, but I guess I'm out of luck. Oh well.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
LOL how was ciz everyone? Was he a beast now?
Anyways i went to a mexi tourney too :) and i was beasting it up. PM me/ IM me :p if you want to know more.
And now im in a Mexico crew lol! :p
Oh and If anyone is interested in coming to mexico (which i doubt) we are having a Big Mexican Tourney where people come from all over there Mexican Country. Its during summer and there are also some nice beaches over here if you guys wanna visit that too. it would be really cool if i got to see some of you guys again :(

DZLE

Smash Master
LOL how was ciz everyone? Was he a beast now?
Anyways i went to a mexi tourney too :) and i was beasting it up. PM me/ IM me :p if you want to know more.
And now im in a Mexico crew lol! :p
Oh and If anyone is interested in coming to mexico (which i doubt) we are having a Big Mexican Tourney where people come from all over there Mexican Country. Its during summer and there are also some nice beaches over here if you guys wanna visit that too. it would be really cool if i got to see some of you guys again :(
PM or MSN me info. Mexico sounds great this summer, and I have a condo service there.

wangston

Smash Lord
I've been working on my own custom textures. Right now I'm working on my falco. He is going to be wearing my shoes, one of my shirts and a jacket with my name on it. Right now I'm still working on the shoes and finishing them up but this is what it looks like so far.

wangston

Smash Lord
It's wangston!!

Put the play with me shirt on him! (You left that btw. I'll bring it when we come)
I might, I'm not sure if his shirt is like everything else. Everything is symmetrical so you only edit half of it. Though there are sections of the jacket and the scarf than you can edit all the way. I just haven't gotten to that yet.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
C!Z was too good; it would be a close match between you and him, you are both too much better than me for me to tell who's better.

BTW here's the unofficial ping pong/table tennis power rankings based on observations at Yaz's:

1. Laozy
2. CREA
3. Vazor
4. C!Z
5. Yaz
6. Lada
7. X
8. PC

Also I am the (self-declared) undefeated (unopposed) Utah Smash Foosball Champion. :laugh:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I wish I wasn't too lazy to install texture hacks. But I only play Wifi, so there's no point, other than to tickle my own fancy.

wangston

Smash Lord

BTW here's the unofficial ping pong/table tennis power rankings based on observations at Yaz's:

Also I am the (self-declared) undefeated (unopposed) Utah Smash Foosball Champion. :laugh:
Lol I bet you are talking about Kenny's house and not yaz's lol. Yaz is staying there all by himself. He should throw a party.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Smash Fest at my place

So yeah...work is for some reason REALLY slow, and this gives me time to finish homework so...

I have lots of free time. And I'm kinda bored.

So I figured I'll have a sort of small Smash fest at my place. Anybody can come, and I'm having two, in case you can't make it to one. Uh, all three games can be played, but I'll go off the majority, so I more people want Melee, then it'll be Melee, 64 if 64, etc.

I'll have one tomorrow starting at 10:30 AM, and go until I leave for work at about 5:00 PM.

The other will be Thursday from around 1:30 PM (depends on when I get home from school) til we leave for the weekly PnT tourney.

So yeah...if anybody wants to smash it up anytime over the next two days, then PM me and I'll give you an address. This can at least give me time to see everybody before I go out of town this weekend, and there's always the Smash games. So come to my place and party it up. Give me company, I'm so bored!!

Top Bottom