• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Wait... were these the only ones that were brought up with the panel? Or have you guys discussed new/removing neutral stages?

Btw, David! You crazy! And I got my call ;)
yep if you want us too look at those stages, you might want to bring up a stage and give a reason as to why it should be included or excluded

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I'm learning to play Jungle Japes and Brinstar (on WiFi of course b/c I can't come to anything irl :/ ).
I think I do well on those stages.
...But maybe I just suck... :p

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I think it would make since to get rid of Lylat. If every single time its eliminated, which seems to happen every set for me, then why not just remove it completely? There might be someone out there that likes it but not anyone that I have went against.

DZLE

Smash Master
I think it would make since to get rid of Lylat. If every single time its eliminated, which seems to happen every set for me, then why not just remove it completely? There might be someone out there that likes it but not anyone that I have went against.
I find myself loving lylat now. Its great if you learn to utilize it. Especially as a Snake player. Its a great stage.
You don't remove stages because you don't "like" them. You remove them if they are not balanced enough to be a starter stage.
I agree with this. Balanced Stage, enough so to be a Neutral Stage, Whats the point of getting rid of it EVEN if people dont like it?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I think it would make sense to get rid of Lylat. If it's eliminated every single time, which seems to happen every set for me, then why not just remove it completely? There might be someone out there that likes it but not anyone that I have went against.
[Quote fixed for grammar/typos.]

Anyway, if we get rid of Lylat Cruise from the neutral list, we would also have to get rid of another stage from the neutral list so that there will be an odd amount of neutrals for strike-out purposes. But regardless, with strike-out, if you don't like it, then just strike it out. And if people strike it out every time, would it matter if it's there or not? It's just a stage with no real hazards nor the potential of abuse of a technique that greatly alters the normal flow of the game, so it easily qualifies as a neutral.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You don't remove stages because you don't "like" them. You remove them if they are not balanced enough to be a starter stage.
Agreed.

Plus, I have never had Lylat chosen for the first pick unless my opponent and I decided to choose random.
And the stage isn't really that bad, unless you're Ness. But then you'd either stage strike Lylat or know the counterpick stage beforehand of choosing your character.

And how was Vegas guys?

EDIT: LOL, Wangston.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The stage itself is a hazard. It tilts more than Snake.
Like I said, it has no REAL hazards. The tilting is just slight movements, and not like a damaging hazard, that shouldn't affect you drastically if you know what you're doing.

As for Vegas, DieSuperFly got first, Tyrant got second, and SK92 got third. Ken Neth got 5th, Dark Ryu got 7th, and Yaz got 9th. As for Fate and wangston, Kenny wasn't sure about them (so I'm guessing they got significantly lower). The seeding was supposedly pretty horrible. And Kenny said the deal with X was a "long story".

wangston

Smash Lord
The story involving X, lada, and staz is one that can only be told in words. But it involves shoving 3 DSes up some ones butt at a bestbuy.

I lost my first two matches and so did Fate. But because I had a bye first round I got 13th and fate got 17th.

As for lylat it's lame but I don't care that's why I stage strike it. Janky edges and janky tilting are way too janky.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It is a "long story." I'm too tired to type it all now. You're going to have to wait till tomorrow.

Anyways, I took DSF to the last stock at like 80% on the third match, so I would say I did pretty good. And I lost to tyrant in losers, so I don't feel too bad losing to two of the top players from Socal who got 1st and 2nd :laugh:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I know Yaz played SK92 in the winners bracket. I'm assuming that SK92 won that set (correct me if I'm wrong), but who did Yaz lose to in the loser's bracket?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Everyone from Utah was having an off-day, pretty much. In teams I was fighting the worst I've ever fought, luckily I started doing better during singles. I blame it on 4 hours of sleep and all the stress involved from the whole mexi ordeal :laugh:

wangston

Smash Lord
No more late night smashfest at our place. Because some ***** called our housing place and ratted us out for housing the mexi's. Turns out you can't have more than one guest spend the night and then you have to register them. So now we have to pay a $200. FMYLF First that ***** ruins vegas now she is making me pay $200. Next thing you know my wang will get chopped off.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I, for some reason, am REALLY interested to hear what happened with the mexis. Why they didn't enter the tourney, what they did, why problems like these are happening...

Sorry, but you guys are NOT making me not want to hear this.

And sorry about that bill. Maybe next smashfest will be at my place, so no one has to pay any bills.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It wasn't the smashfest, it was the staying over night stuff that got us fined. It was a lot higher, but I got it down to $200.

I guess since people are dying to know, I will type up the entire story up tomorrow once I'm done with school. Who knows, I may even do it during school depending on how bored I get :laugh:

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Kinda late notice, but tomorrow (Tuesday) evening there will be a SF4 tourney at the UofU run by Utah Noobs, utah's pro halo guys. It's sponsored, so entry is free and there will be prizes, utah's top street fighters, and me + minato there. :) RR pools, so you get plenty of matches, for free. There is also a bonus event where you challenge one of the Utah Noobs at an FPS.
Details here: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6324836&postcount=430

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Nowhere in that post does it say the time that it'll take place nor the building that it'll be in... (And that guy really needs to use more commas and periods... :ohwell:)
I have an evening class tomorrow at the U, so if the time happens to be convenient, I may stop by to see how Minato and FTS are doing. But I still need to know where and what time, though.

Edit: Nevermind, I found out...but he should have listed that in the same post...
So I can probably make it to watch, since my class ends at 6:15 (unually ending a little earlier).

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
No more late night smashfest at our place. Because some ***** called our housing place and ratted us out for housing the mexi's. Turns out you can't have more than one guest spend the night and then you have to register them. So now we have to pay a $200. FMYLF First that ***** ruins vegas now she is making me pay $200. Next thing you know my wang will get chopped off.
lol what happened? i want to know so bad. haha who is she?

lol travel johns
haha that was to funny.

Ok ok so if freaking kenny had a close match with DSF when he was having a bad day. that means utah pwns all. im serious haha.
Oh and you guys should go to devastation up in AZ cause like i might be going.
If you want to know more here is the link.
M2k is coming to this :D

oh and i will go if i get my passport in time lol.

Dai-A EDIT
Its still pretty disappointing Utah got a bad score in vegas :( that gives us a bad rep. just like utah has a bad rep in melee. Not to be mean but its true.
Oh and why do you guys choke in tournaments?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I would love to go to Devasation.

Unfortunately, my brother might be coming home on June 20th.
I'll have to wait and see.

I want to go mainly for Marvel and Guilty Gear.

EDIT: Seems like they have Melee there, too.:)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
What happened with Vegas/after. tl;dr version at the bottom

Here's what happened in Vegas: We pick everyone up and we're driving down there and everything is going fine. Then the mexi brigade apparently forgot to tell there mom anything about going to vegas, so they call her up from a private number and tell her that they are going camping and that they'd call her back later.

So everything seems to be going fine, and we are like an half an hour outside of Vegas. Then taylor gets a call from some random number and chooses not to answer it. The person who left it just happened to be a cop, who said that he was looking for Kenneth Crump who has been accused of harboring three runaways and would be charged with kidnapping if they are not returned to their home immediately. (First off, I have no freakin' clue why she automatically accuses me if she had absolutely no clue where they were. Secondly, trying to get me charged with kidnapping for something I didn't even know about is messed up. What a wh0re)

So since Taylor didn't answer, they looked up "Kenneth Crump" which also happens to be my father's name. They call my house and pretty much start yelling at my dad and accusing him of all this crap, and he says that he hasn't seen any of them. But my mom knew everyone who was coming though, so they gave them my cell number.

So the cops call me up and starts being a total f4g demanding that I bring them back immediately, even though it was like already midnight and it was a six hour drive back and we were already practically falling asleep from being so tired. He even said there was no possible way we could even wait till morning to bring them back. But then he then said if we could convince their mother to lift the charges that we could wait to bring them back.

By this time we had reached the edge of Vegas and had pulled off at the nearest exit and stopped in a McDonald's parking lot to figure everything out. Chris then calls his mom and starts freaking out at her for being a Bi and giving her a ton of reasons why we couldn't drive back tonight; including we were super tired, and the chances of us falling asleep at the wheel were high, and asked if she'd rather have them risk dying or if she could wait till the morning, among a lot of other reasons. Then Yaz starts trying to talk some sense into her in a nice non-aggressive way, but she still won't budge and finally just hangs up.

My mother then called me to find out what was going on, and she told me there was absolutely no way that she would allow me to drive her car back this late at night and that I should see if there is anything else we can do.

So I call the cop back, and our other options were to either have the cops take them into custody until it can be arranged for them to be picked up, or to not do anything and be charged with kidnapping. We all discussed this, and the mexis wanted to do the holding cell, even though I was hesitant because that's messed up and would almost rather take them back. But that's what we ended up doing, because they didn't want to ruin the trip for us.

They then call their mom back and tell them what's going to happen, and that if she wouldn't lift the charges she was going to have to drive all the way out to Vegas herself to get them. And even though she wouldn't be able to come for two days- and chances were that we would be getting back before she was able to come and get them- she would not lift the charges. She would rather have her children sit in a jail cell for two days and drive twelve hours round trip herself to get them than just have them stay with us and drive back with us. She is a total wh0re.

I call the cop back and tell him what we've decided, so he offers to get in touch with the las vegas police for us and let them know what happened. So we're just chilling in this parking lot for like an hour, and see a whole bunch of weird things like lesbians making out in a car, a crazy hitch hiker lady, etc. Then finally they call us back and they get our address and say they'll send people right out.

We wait like another 45 minutes to an hour before they finally show up, and they show up with four cop cars. They have the three brothers put their hands on the front of the police car and check them for weapons. They then begin to question us, take down all of our info, discuss what's going to happen, etc. These cops were all pretty cool though - one of them was even a video game addict- and they talked to us for awhile about random things. After that, they get their luggage and check through everything and then they put them in handcuffs. LOL, Chris was going to say "I am the batman" when he got his handcuffs put on- I'm not sure if he did or not though.

(Oh, and marco was sitting in the gas station across the street the entire 2 hours this was going on. He is also a minor, and they would have had to call his parents. So we did not feel like dealing with that at all, so he went into the Flying J. He has some crazy stories from that as well, LOL, but I will let him tell that.)

Then when we are finally allowed to go, our car had died. We were going to have to call Xero to come jump us. But then luckily one of the cops happened to have some jumper cables and he was able to jump us. They tell us that this was the worst possible exit to pull off and that this is the worst part of town, and asked me if I was asking to get jumped haha.

So anyways, it's now super late and we finally are allowed to go to Xero's (Xero housed us). Then we go to the tourney and suck it up. I blame it on all the stress from this and only being able to get like 5 hours of sleep lol.

Then here's what happened last night: Chris' mom came to pick him up from our dorm, and at the same time our RA came and told me I needed to come to the office and talk to the lady who runs the whole building. I assumed she was just going to lecture me about my hair length (which she still did lol), but she had something much bigger to talk about. Apparently, Chris' mom had come in and talked to her, and she demanded that they don't let her sons spend the night here, and that she would call the cops or something. She then told them about all the times that all of them had spent the night here. Even though the times they spent the night here was when she refused to come pick them up.

Since it is against the rules to have people stay the night without registering, it was a $40 per guest per night fee. Which ended up being the 3 of them X's all the nights that she had told them about. So the total fee was going to be around $400, but I was able to talk it down to $200.

tl;dr version: The mexi's mom is a total wh0re and should go lick one. 1) She accuses me of kidnapping her kids and taking them across state borders with out even knowing that they were even with me. 2) She would rather have her children spend the weekend in jail and drive 12 hours to get them herself than have them just drive back with us 3) She tries to get us screwed over in any way she possibly can and gets us fined for $200 for reasons that were her fault. What a wh0re.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wow... what a wh0re. O_o

I feels sorry for you Kenny.
Sounds like a crazy experience.

Sounded fake when I got to the second paragraph, but I trust you.
I guess travel johns were really "kidnapping" johns. It's a legitimate john, though. LOL

You weren't kidding that it was a long story.

As for the U of U SF IV tourney, I'm not going.
I really need a break from that game, since I'm getting bored of it (and playing Marvel instead).

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap! That must have sucked! Im surprised you guys even did that good at the tournament for all the crap you had to deal with. Hopefully the next trip goes a lot better.

edit: What a wh0re. Seriously.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I feels sorry for you Kenny.

I also feel sorry for the brothers for having a mother that's like that.

As for the U of U SF IV tourney, I'm not going.
I really need a break from that game, since I'm getting bored of it (and playing Marvel instead).
WHAT?! I was going to come to see how well you do, but then you just bail... :ohwell:

DZLE

Smash Master
Wow.
Seriously, wow.

Sorry bro's, that didnt sound like a fun time.
Especially to the Mexi's. But to Kenny and Marco and Taylor as well.

Man that sounds like it sucked.

But, I am the batman made everything better

C!Z

Smash Lord
I ain't complainin either. I love Mexican ***.

What are the requirements for your sig to be posted in with your posts? Just curious.

Top Bottom