• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Hey Anonano where do you live in orem? like by where? I wanna come down and play you. :)
My mom has issues with me giving out my address and phone number to people. So we need to wait 'til the next tournament I can come to to face each other.
I don't think I'll come close to beating you from the way everyone here talks about you but I'll give you my best (and get 3 stocked for the effort, lol).

Harp, it was really funny listening to people when you played a match and went back to Megaman. One guy told me "He doesn't even care about the match, all he was doing was trying to get back to Megaman as fast as possible." It was funny as well as insightful, I think.

Minato, did you play against Jonas and his Ike (the little kid)? I don't think I saw you play, or if I did I can't remember, so don't worry about that. I'd say don't judge me by the way I played him either, he abused that fsmash waaay too much.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Harp, it was really funny listening to people when you played a match and went back to Megaman. One guy told me "He doesn't even care about the match, all he was doing was trying to get back to Megaman as fast as possible." It was funny as well as insightful, I think.
Pfft well i still got 2nd place! so ha!

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
My mom has issues with me giving out my address and phone number to people. So we need to wait 'til the next tournament I can come to to face each other.
I don't think I'll come close to beating you from the way everyone here talks about you but I'll give you my best (and get 3 stocked for the effort, lol).

Minato, did you play against Jonas and his Ike (the little kid)? I don't think I saw you play, or if I did I can't remember, so don't worry about that. I'd say don't judge me by the way I played him either, he abused that fsmash waaay too much.
What momma doesnt know, Wont hurt her ;)
Just playing... well if you got a cell text me. 801 471 8231
Will edit my phone number off by 10 tonight :D
tournament was awesome, lots of practicing to do though... haha
who are you :D?

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Who got 1st?
I remember it was someone using Wario.. I think...
I was too busy getting pwned at Melee to really pay attention.
Thanks for all the friendlies and good tips. It's funny but back in the day I learned how to wavedash before I even heard about lcancelling. Anyway I am practicing a lot so hopefully your tips will not fall on n00b ears. XD

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
What momma doesnt know, Wont hurt her ;)
Just playing...
What momma doesn't know will get ME hurt. The torture she could inflict upon me could not be stopped by divine intervention...

You know, I guess I can tell her I'm hanging out with DRyu, whom I know goes to Timp (because I've been stalking HIM: You have PE 3rd period on B-Days... BWAHAHAHA!!! I have choir, so its just down the hall and I see you leave, lol) and maybe she'll let me hang out with you guys.
But I'll have to ask.

___X___

Smash Lord
PC PC!!

ima come to anime bonzai just to watch you dance!!(and for tournaments.. heh heh)

but yeah! hahahah i cant wait, your gonna be added to the UTAH montage XD

-Final-

Aria♪
I was too busy getting pwned at Melee to really pay attention.
Thanks for all the friendlies and good tips. It's funny but back in the day I learned how to wavedash before I even heard about lcancelling. Anyway I am practicing a lot so hopefully your tips will not fall on n00b ears. XD
Either C!Z and Perfect Chaos were in every match. Then it was you, Minato and I getting owned. At least I did better than I did when I faced them like 6 months ago...

That kid just used his forward smash, roll-dodged backwards, used his standard A attack, then repeated. That kid's not going to win a tourney anytime soon.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Minato i finished the first PW and its awesome, id like to borrow the next one if thats ok!

slave1

Smash Lord
so i am like three days behind and was like "screw reading all those pages and catching up." so i guess something happened and C!Z and PC powned all in melee. that is cool.

My double jump canceling is becoming more consistent now. so hopefully when i come up sometime in the future i will show cooler mewtwo skills.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hm...looking at slave's post, I noticed that they added the little images for Melee characters that got removed in Brawl. But the recent update did more harm to me than anything. First, my avatar didn't show up anymore (this didn't happen to others that uploaded theirs, like Minato; I guess the image of God, herself, is too much for the site to handle... :p), so I tried to upload it again, and it didn't work. Then I tried selecting not to use an avatar and THEN re-upload it, and it still didn't work. Xsyven says that this issue was being worked on, and will be fixed soon (whenever that is). So now, I stuck waiting... And then there's the random issues that kept on arising, like one I encountered when I tried to begin typing this post: when I clicked the "Go Advanced" button under the "Quick Reply" section, an error came up. And I didn't really notice the site going any faster than before, as it was going pretty fast for me before (so I didn't benefit from anything, while being on the receiving end of the glitches). Every time this site updates, a bunch of glitches pop-up, which is pretty annoying.

Okay, my rant is over now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato i finished the first PW and its awesome, id like to borrow the next one if thats ok!
Yeah, I'll bring the 2nd one this Thursday. The 2nd PW might be harder because of the crappy translation (not as bad as Battle Network 4 though). The cases in the second game are okay, but the last case in it might be considered the best in the series, while the third game has the best story that link the trilogy together.

And have you seen Air Man Will Not Die yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

First, my avatar didn't show up anymore (this didn't happen to others that uploaded theirs, like Minato; I guess the image of God, herself, is too much for the site to handle... :p), so I tried to upload it again, and it didn't work.
Haruhi must've gotten bored with the avatar and it's probably off in closed space by now.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Vazor, don't forget the Fast Fall when practicing. That's what use to mess my SHFL's up lol.

So we've been talkin about a Melee tourney but nobody has really said anything. If we held one who and when could people show up? Maybe just a Melee fest if people still don't have enough confidence in themselves... Either works for me I would just like to "sit" and play some Melee with some peeps.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm up for a Melee fest, but if you want a tourney, then go ahead. I just want to keep getting better.

I finally got SHFFLing down much better than I used to on Sunday.

slave1

Smash Lord
that sucks PC but nothing went wrong for me. i guess you have bad luck.

C!Z the revolutionist. you are amazing. bringing melee from the grave and now with a vengeance it attacks and rises and overcomes brawl.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Wow, I don't think I should play Melee anymore. I was alright two weeks ago, but I just barely tried playing today. I could not do anything right. I cannot short-hop, L-cancel, wave-land, etc. On top of all that, I'm just not even accurate. When I finally execute a SHFFL right, I miss by a mile.

I think I'm strictly Brawl now. :(

C!Z

Smash Lord
I'm up for a Melee fest, but if you want a tourney, then go ahead. I just want to keep getting better.

I finally got SHFFLing down much better than I used to on Sunday.
Yeah I noticed while I was watching one of your matches at the tourney that you looked a lot smoother already.

Well whenever a group of people say they can and will meet on a certain day to play I'll host a Smash fest whenever. I'll probably be at PNT too I just hate standing and playing. I always feel like I don't play well standing :ohwell:

How come you don't participate in the tourneys Nate?

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
I have one thing to say:

"Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight."
Phyllis Diller

It sucks Melee is so fun but I suck so bad at it.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Vazor, don't forget the Fast Fall when practicing. That's what use to mess my SHFL's up lol.

So we've been talkin about a Melee tourney but nobody has really said anything. If we held one who and when could people show up? Maybe just a Melee fest if people still don't have enough confidence in themselves... Either works for me I would just like to "sit" and play some Melee with some peeps.
You already know my answer C!Z;)

Anyways does anyone want a new signature? haha I'm in the mood to make them for anyone who wants one since I need more practice.

dRyu Edit: I will also make emoticons for your main in smash(like the stuff you use on msn) these take a little bit longer since they take more work. Oh and I will also make them your color, for example, X likes black sonic so I made him a black sonic.

vazor

Smash Apprentice

Will do. I keep hitting it too early but I'll get the timing down eventually. Practice!
I would show up for a fest, but obviously this weekend and Anime Banzai (Oct 25th) weekend are already taken. Oct 11th my brother is getting married so no can do then either. So that leaves the 4th, the 18th, and Halloween, and one of those might be the Metal Awesome tourney.
Also: trying to SH ten times in a row with Fox in Melee = :mad:

Either C!Z and Perfect Chaos were in every match. Then it was you, Minato and I getting owned. At least I did better than I did when I faced them like 6 months ago...

That kid just used his forward smash, roll-dodged backwards, used his standard A attack, then repeated. That kid's not going to win a tourney anytime soon.
Yeah at least you guys got a legit kill or two against them haha. The more I practice the more I'm starting to realize how amazing all of your guys' game is.

I feel bad now about playing against Jonas so ruthlessly. But I'd feel bad if I never got to play a match without getting sandbagged, too, so hopefully it wasn't too bad.

slave1

Smash Lord
could you possibly change the electrabuzz thing to something else. but that is way panda lap dance sexy. i might just have to give you a hug when i see you again if you do.

i like the bottom one

do they have Zapdose. and or some other super sexy bird thing

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
could you possibly change the electrabuzz thing to something else. but that is way panda lap dance sexy. i might just have to give you a hug when i see you again if you do.

i like the bottom one

do they have Zapdose. and or some other super sexy bird thing
Hey D ryu would you make me a Sig with a White peach. That would be cool.
How about a moltress or a HoHo? those I have at the moment, but I could possibly find a zapdos :)

and yeah I can S@GE:)

Top Bottom