• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
Yaz needs to FC nair more, and fair less. Also, bthrow EVERY TIME when near the edge, unless setting up for a CG. Seriously, it does 11%, and Peach can edgeguard hella good. Still, pretty decent speed, could just be a touch more aggro, esp against Bowser.
Lol true that.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Yaz needs to FC nair more, and fair less. Also, bthrow EVERY TIME when near the edge, unless setting up for a CG. Seriously, it does 11%, and Peach can edgeguard hella good. Still, pretty decent speed, could just be a touch more aggro, esp against Bowser.

I think I can sum up Ryu in one word. "Hup". Sidestep less, prs. ALSO, USE THE **** NEEDLES! THEY'RE SOOOOO GOOD, ESPECIALLY ON YS AND BF. SUPER CEREAL, HERE!

I wanna go to UT now. Ferdi's the only one that still plays Melee in CO, and we never meet up. D:
i dont know what hup means :( and yeah i know I suck at melee but thanks for the tip

lengeta

Smash Ace
combos aren't automatically there in SF either... you make them up yourself as well.
Not anywhere I've seen. You throw projectiles to pressure campers into attacking, then predict when an aerial is coming so you can counter-attack it. If they're too close to safely throw projectiles you play the back-n-forth dance game. Truthfully, I don't know SF's meta-game very well though.

Gojira said:
P.S. Chun Li is not known for huge combo strings but her amazingly fast speed.
P.P.S. Chun Li is known for having the greatest reach with her low-kick making her the best character for the back-n-forth dance game, and therefor the best character in the game.

Smash has a lot of different play-styles to, something SF lacks for the most part. Other fighters mix up the play-styles very well, like GG I hear is really good with it, but I've still never played GG.

___X___

Smash Lord
Hahahaha! but yeah I was serious about you being in my chemistry class, lol theres a guy who looks just like you and his name is Jun and he plays smash. :D
Hahahaha!!

yeahh same in my computer repair class!

but he looks like phill!!

china men are invading our schools :p

Gojira

Smash Lord
Chun is the second best character in the game. Its not for one kick either its almost her entire moves set thats really really fast. Also layne....you going to be at the next tourney?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
haha Why are you guys still arguing over SF3? We've already decided that it's all based on opinion and what the person likes in a fighting game. Some people like SF more, some people like melee more.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've played SF as long as I can remember, but I've just really started getting into 3rd Strike this year. Ibuki's my main with Yun and Ken as secondaries.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Um...

*ON TOPIC*

:] I might be moving back to Utah, ya know? St. George!

So maybe I can play w/ you guys sometime. :]

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Not really for sure. Once my parents divorce(different marriage), so.
But I do know I'm definetly coming back in two years. When I'm eighteen. :D

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
*hops in*

Is the Play 'n Trade wherever still hosting tournies on Thursdays? And is it the one near a Starbucks and some sort of Indoor Lumber Yard?

Top Bottom