• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
We'll he didn't post anything other then that he posted...... If you are going to do that PC at least make it look like you are trying to say somthing else.

___X___

Smash Lord
You also get the nerdiest post of every page you post in :laugh:
hahahhahaa AGREED.

Anyways, David finally didn't win a tournament,

thanks to me and YAMMER,

i like how yammer is just chill with both BRAWL and melee,

instead of just liking ONE,

we also ***** in Melee teams with Double captain :p

anyways, it was wayy fun!

and it was even funner at the MGC! haha and my bros and yammer got hot girls numbers XD

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
The reason I prefer Smash over SF is essentially in the moves. Smash is the only game I know of where depending on when you do a move, it will react differently. Whereas in SF all the moves react exactly the same all the time, no matter what the conditions are. A low kick will act like a low kick, etc. So basically, the same reason that Panda plays Smash, is my reason. Funny, eh?

Edit: Also, there's got to be something wrong with a game where you can spend years mastering every aspect of it, and still be beaten by somebody randomly smashing buttons..
Yeah, because there's no difference between a close fp with chun, a far fp, a crouch fp, a 4fp, a jump fp, jump fp*2, a jump 2fp...

It's totally the same move, no matter what the conditions are, amirite?

Edit: Also, there's got to be something wrong with a game where you can spend years mastering every aspect of it, and still be beaten by somebody randomly smashing buttons..
Wait, are we talking about SF or Brawl? I'd really love to see a button masher beat even our low ranked SF players. You just have to zone button mashers, and wait for them to do a punishable move. Then, ****. Alternatively, grab them. It's really not that hard to beat them. The only reason people claim that is because they don't understand the depth behind 2d fighters.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, because there's no difference between a close fp with chun, a far fp, a crouch fp, a 4fp, a jump fp, jump fp*2, a jump 2fp...

It's totally the same move, no matter what the conditions are, amirite?

Wait, are we talking about SF or Brawl? I'd really love to see a button masher beat even our low ranked SF players. You just have to zone button mashers, and wait for them to do a punishable move. Then, ****. Alternatively, grab them. It's really not that hard to beat them. The only reason people claim that is because they don't understand the depth behind 2d fighters.
So very, very true.

I had a lot of fun playing SF III on Saturday. Although, maybe I should just use Sean against anyone who's never played Third Strike next time.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm finally here in provo. It's time for me to rep the midwest in brawl. Right now my melee skills are lacking quite I bit because I haven't played that in 5 months. But give me some time and my melee skills might be alright.

-Final-

Aria♪
Well, I am going to go to the Playntrade tourney tommorrow, but I may be around 5 minutes late. Rade, if you go, can you make sure not to start the tourney without me? You almost did one week. >.>

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, I am going to go to the Playntrade tourney tommorrow, but I may be around 5 minutes late. Rade, if you go, can you make sure not to start the tourney without me? You almost did one week. >.>

Were you there at the PnT tourney last week? If so, who did you play as?

___X___

Smash Lord
I'm finally here in provo. It's time for me to rep the midwest in brawl. Right now my melee skills are lacking quite I bit because I haven't played that in 5 months. But give me some time and my melee skills might be alright.
time to own this noob,

and if you main falco then...Time for david to own this noob with his falco....

WEWT

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Well, it looks like I'm now going to be living in the dorms at BYU, and I won't get my laptop for another couple of weeks so I won't be able to get on here that much till then.

Also, college orientation is tomorrow so I won't be able to make it to PNT to pick up my weekly income. :chuckle: jk

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hypothetically, if I were in Salt Lake this Sunday, who would want to host a tournament for me? ;)

Top Bottom