• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

C!Z

Smash Lord
wow thanks c!z, your opinion really means alot to me... since your the best melee smasher in state and all... (david doesn't count, only his t!ts do, mostly the left one.)

and I say we have alot more MELEE smash fests, since experience is the best way utah will improve.
Haha well I don't think I'm the best but I'm definitely down to have some more Smash fests.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Haha well I don't think I'm the best but I'm definitely down to have some more Smash fests.
Based on what I saw and experienced your **** close. the only person better than you if he is at all is David. Junpei...your falco is sexy but im sorry.....David is just getting insane.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
Yea sorry I couldn't stay to long slave needed to leave but it was fun while I was there and plus down at suu we wont have a wii so its melee all the way.

C!Z

Smash Lord
lawl I'll challenge anyone for best in utah or best falco in utah ;)
Well Burr we don't even have an active rankings for Melee or anything like that so I don't think we can really determine who's best in state and all that mumbo jumbo. Plus we all haven't been in a Melee tourney together in ages. Oh and I don't think it's even a questiona bout best Falco in Utah, we all know what I can do with my Chicken lol ;)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Doesn't make you guys any less homosexual. Ferdi was owning him in Melee.

But yeah, we suck at smash now. We're moving on to GG, for the most part. You guys should pick it up, too.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I play a tiny bit of 3s. Dud/Chunz, ftw. I dunno how to make it work with GGPO, though. D:

EDIT:

Well I heard Ferdi ***** him on Yoshi's Story but other than that they were even. I shoulda went and played.
You should have. Playing David was fun, and made me want to get back into Melee, but then I realized that the game is just kinda... dead. Playing more people from OoS mighta been the spark I needed.

Oh well, win some, lose some. GG is hella tight.

C!Z

Smash Lord
You should have. Playing David was fun, and made me want to get back into Melee, but then I realized that the game is just kinda... dead. Playing more people from OoS mighta been the spark I needed.

Oh well, win some, lose some. GG is hella tight.
Well I woulda if people weren't g4y ditchers. Other fighting games aren't interesting anymore, Melee is just too good. I only play FPS's other than Smash. Might try out 3S if I ever see it around.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
If you like speed/pressure, GG is hella tight. 3s is good if you like poking/zoning and teh mindgamez. Both are good, just for completely different reasons.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
GG has both, I just mention it as a pressure based game because that's the original reason I picked it up. Every fighting game aside from Brawl has teh mindgamez.

Nah, Brawl is nothing BUT mindgames.

Gojira

Smash Lord
GG has both, I just mention it as a pressure based game because that's the original reason I picked it up. Every fighting game aside from Brawl has teh mindgamez.

Nah, Brawl is nothing BUT mindgames.
Brawl is not even a fighting game, leave it at that.

GG is cool because it features the first GOOD slow fighter in all of fighting games....Potemkin.....T_T'

Also all DotA players...I thought I found this music vid by Basshunter pretty funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-82VOldeRE

___X___

Smash Lord
alright, so the MEXICAN BRIGADE is bringing MELEE BACK!!

we just bought a NEW dazzle and yeh, we can record now :D

so we are recording Melee vids

like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnhmwoOamT0

its davids falco against my noob captain =D

so yeah you all should come over and we can record some Melee vids!

or brawl... :O

lengeta

Smash Ace
Melee was near perfect, but a little bit broken. Brawl fixed everything that was hurting Melee, but it also destroyed the twitchy gameplay I love so much, and broke the game in different ways. Brawl lost that touch, that twitch, like Megaman X's dash, that kinda feel is what I miss. Nothing compares to pulling a fast combo out of Melee, or dashing into a jump in Megaman X. Brawl blows because there's no way to chase for combos, it's just a fu**ing camp/spacing festival. Brawl has still replaced Melee though, so they're both dieing.

GG? That Guilty Gear? The other thing that makes Melee's infinitely better than any other fighting game is its movement. FD is a dull, boring stage that ******* like because they can pull off their gayest of combos there. Using the level and movement to weave through and behind it are what put Smash Bros. above other fighters for me. I won't be getting into MvC, SF, GG, SC, VF, or whatever other flat, boring fighers there are out there. I haven't seen much Guilty Gear play, but it's hard to pick up what's actually going on in its meta-game when you don't know the game extremely well. Street Fighter has the most boring tournament matches I've ever seen in my entire life. It looks like what's ruined Brawl taken to the extreme then adding big combos; stay just out of range, get that starter tap, the obvious combo, rinse repeat. EVERY MATCH!

I guess there's just nothing left for me in this wide world... Darksiders (single-player game) looks like it's going to be a cool game, they're referencing the Zelda series as their inspiration, and that's never a bad thing. I don't know where I'll go for a competitive scene though, I don't really like the atmosphere behind FPSs either. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I take it that you don't like any traditional fighters? I love 2D fighters but not many people do now. It's the norm now to hate fighting games and love FPSs (I also find most FPSs rather boring). You don't seem to like either.

My biggest complaint in Brawl would have to be how counterpicking is so important, both in stages and characters.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Remember Layne, Melee will only die if you accept that its dying.
So true. Well if you'd look at the metagame now Layne FD isn't broken at all. Platform use is where Melee is right now. If you're getting combo' that hard and it's not coming from good tech chasing, then you're not DIing correctly. Or Making good use of techs. Come play, Utah's skill level is getting better. More people will only give people a reason to play the game and get that much better. The best part is you can always get better at this game too.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Brawl is not even a fighting game, leave it at that.

GG is cool because it features the first GOOD slow fighter in all of fighting games....Potemkin.....T_T'

Also all DotA players...I thought I found this music vid by Basshunter pretty funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-82VOldeRE
lol i love that vid, dota+girls, actually hott girls in fact. I wish hott girls watched me play dota:p

hmm dota's too good, i love it so much. <3

Gojira

Smash Lord
. Using the level and movement to weave through and behind it are what put Smash Bros. above other fighters for me. I won't be getting into MvC, SF, GG, SC, VF, or whatever other flat, boring fighers there are out there. I haven't seen much Guilty Gear play, but it's hard to pick up what's actually going on in its meta-game when you don't know the game extremely well. Street Fighter has the most boring tournament matches I've ever seen in my entire life. It looks like what's ruined Brawl taken to the extreme then adding big combos; stay just out of range, get that starter tap, the obvious combo, rinse repeat. EVERY MATCH!
Layne I am sorry.....Melee is not infinitely better than these fighting games. Melee can't even survive a ****ty sequel like Brawl whilst Street Sighter II:Turbo has survived....gee.....over a decade of amazing sequels? Street fighter is more then "get combos and reset" like you say it is. Do not get me wrong. I love Melee to hell, but SF is superior in every way. You see....in Melee you get a kill and just try to out camp them. The whole stock system just creates hundreds of camping problems. In street Fighter there is no where to run and no where to hide= no camping. In fact the camping you see in street fighter is called turtling. Because you can't turn around and run for it. You have to face the music and out zone and predict your opponent. For that reason....I think street fighter presents much more intense tourney matches because even at 1% you can still control the match 100% and at the same time you cant run away. You obviously have no idea what you are capable of doing in 3S or how the game is played. So saying its boring when you lack experience with the game is just flat out madness I tell you and that also applies to all fighters.

ILY 3S
ILY Melee

lengeta

Smash Ace
Remember Layne, Melee will only die if you accept that its dying.
I disagree. It takes a lot more to keep a competitive scene rolling. I mean, Melee will never be at anything like EVO or MLG now. Yeah, you can say if everyone got back into it we could spur other states to as well, get the ball rolling, get a huge following, etc. and then it would be there. Anything's possible, right? True, but it's still not going to happen.

And I enjoy 2d fighters. I enjoy all sorts of games. I've never followed anything as close as I followed Melee though, and there's not a game I like enough to push myself into a serious, competitive scene at the moment. I played Melee every day after school for years, literally. I played WoW for a year straight, and my time playing that wasn't even close to my Melee time. To bad I ended up jumping into Melee's competitive scene as late as I did, I just didn't know anything like it existed. I love Halo, and I love jumping into local tournaments, but I don't like it enough to dedicate the time it would take to become competitively decent. I'd probably stick super heave to Brawl, but my crew around here doesn't ever play it, and these are the guys I played Melee with every day for so many years.

So yeah, for me, Melee's dead, and Brawl's close behind it. I'll still try and play with you guys when I can, and try to improve my game, but... I just won't be dedicating as much time to it.

Top Bottom