• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

C!Z

Smash Lord
Well which stages are random? Cuz it has a few that are up to the discretion of the host on the Starter/Counterpick stages. The randoms they have listed are BF, FD, Smashville, and YI.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Well which stages are random? Cuz it has a few that are up to the discretion of the host on the Starter/Counterpick stages. The randoms they have listed are BF, FD, Smashville, and YI.
Our randoms i think are FD, BF, Smashville, Delfino Plaza, Pokemon Stadium 1, and Lylat Cruise. Yeah I think thats it.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
He beat me but both to make myself feel better about losing im going to say both games were close and I was so off my game that day.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Our randoms i think are FD, BF, Smashville, Delfino Plaza, Pokemon Stadium 1, and Lylat Cruise. Yeah I think thats it.
There's an odd amount of starters, since the random strike-out procedures require it, and you listed 6, an even amount... (So you forgot Yoshi's Island.)

Agreed, I say take out delfino and lylat.
I say if we ditch 2 make it PS1 and either LC or DP. they are the most hated by most people i think.
I agree with Pokémon Stadium 1 being an absolute MUST if we were to narrow down the list by two more. In fact, I don't think it should be a starter in the first place, due to the really stupid ledges (worst than Final Destination's ledges, since it's sort of obstructed), but especially because of the water transformation (stupid windmill). As for the second, it's a pretty tough decision, since they're all pretty good, but Delfino Plaza should probably be the second one out. Some landing spots are awkward and/or have walk-off ledges (nothing too major, but it still gives a reason to rid it from the starting list over the other five starters).

harpuia190

Smash Ace
i agree with pokemon stadium 1 being out, if any. My next choice would be lylat cruise, the ledges i feel, are just as monstrous as PS1, but then again thats just personal preference i guess

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Pick what ever date gets the most people simple as that..... Alot of people can't make it on the 13th so if we can get more to come on the other date (i forget what one) then do it then.

lengeta

Smash Ace
FYI, I browse the forums with different threads in different tabs, so I usually don't know what thread I'm in. I just reply to stuff I read.

As for date change, now that summers over, me asking Saturdays off isn't nearly as big as a deal as it was before. If you push it back a week my chances of being able to go drop some, and I have a free Saturday. It would only be bad if this were something that happened constantly.

If it remains on the 13th, I'll be there with my Wii/Brawl. If you move it, I'll still try to make it, but I'd be an 'unsure.' Regardless, the sooner it's either changed or officially not-changing-anymore, the better.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Umm are you still letting more people come to this tournament? I can let you know whether or not I can go in the next few days, and is this for sure going to be on the 13th?

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Umm are you still letting more people come to this tournament? I can let you know whether or not I can go in the next few days, and is this for sure going to be on the 13th?
Yeah its going to be the 13th for sure, and yeah of course you can come! Haha what makes you think you can't?
You should also try to bring some friends if you have any that play smash.
Hope to see you there!:)

Edit: I just found out I can't go, thats one less. :(

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hey, if I end up going, and you guys chip in for gas, why the hell not? How's Cedar? SUCKS, DOESN'T IT?!

You should have gone to Dixie.

lengeta

Smash Ace
So I played a little the other day... my Falco sucks. Still have to stick with Pit, and it's a little more sad now there's an official tier list. Guess I'll just have to move him on up that list.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
dude sage! slave! Xsyven! i will pay you guys some money when you come up here for gas!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Really, Salt Lake City is the most ugly, desolate, poor excuse for a city ever. EVER. When my mom told me I was moving to Utah, I freaked out. Then she said "St. George", and I was like "Oh, okay."

lengeta

Smash Ace
Guys, I hate being the unreliable douche I am... but I'm probably not going to make the tourny. :( Let me john: My move to Cali will be taking place around Oct. 20th, so my friends and me need to start really getting on it so we've given whomever we're renting from a good month's notice when we want to move in. Because this date's sneaking up on us pretty quickly, we need to get over there to physically look at houses, and talk to renters. It's really out of the blue, but this weekend is basically the only time everyone's schedule matches up so we can make the trip (I happen to have the weekend up because of the tourny :/ ). We'll likely be leaving Friday, and coming back Wednesday. I'm super sorry, I really wanted to make this one as it would be my last ever with you guys, and I seriously love playing smash. With these other tournies popping up I'll try and do my best to show up to one of 'em and see as many as possible for the last time. Maybe I can still make one as an OOSer... but that will be rare if at all...

Again, sorry. I feel worthless basically being the one who said the 13th would be the best date, then turning around last minute and saying I can't make it. I'm just hoping I can still say goodbye to all of you with one last getting-3-stocked-by-Pit, that's really all I want out of life.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Too bad the competitve scene lives mostly in Orem and Springville :laugh:... And I guess C!Z's house...

P.S. C!Z is living proof that skill does transfer.
Sandy/Draper was big for some time too but then they all ditched us for stuff and Nathan. **** Nathan and Marcus's love for him!

Guys, I hate being the unreliable douche I am... but I'm probably not going to make the tourny. :( Let me john: My move to Cali will be taking place around Oct. 20th, so my friends and me need to start really getting on it so we've given whomever we're renting from a good month's notice when we want to move in. Because this date's sneaking up on us pretty quickly, we need to get over there to physically look at houses, and talk to renters. It's really out of the blue, but this weekend is basically the only time everyone's schedule matches up so we can make the trip (I happen to have the weekend up because of the tourny :/ ). We'll likely be leaving Friday, and coming back Wednesday. I'm super sorry, I really wanted to make this one as it would be my last ever with you guys, and I seriously love playing smash. With these other tournies popping up I'll try and do my best to show up to one of 'em and see as many as possible for the last time. Maybe I can still make one as an OOSer... but that will be rare if at all...

Again, sorry. I feel worthless basically being the one who said the 13th would be the best date, then turning around last minute and saying I can't make it. I'm just hoping I can still say goodbye to all of you with one last getting-3-stocked-by-Pit, that's really all I want out of life.
LOL I might not be able to either with the lack of funds and all....

Top Bottom