• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Gojira

Smash Lord
I can bring a wii and melee if its needed.
Do it.

Gojira mentioned something about using a RR format for Melee this month; did he discuss this at all with you FtS?
That suggjestion was if we had a smaller turnout. So yeah, a RR is not happening. Maybe swiss...ionno.

Also, if I can get another PS3 controller I will try bringing SC4 sometime soon.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I will be there, but late. I hope to make it in time for singles, but I'm not certain I can. I'll most likely end up there too late. I'll be sticking around as long as I can though.

I will have my Wii and Brawl, but no TV. I'll also bring Melee, but I might not be able to find my memory card.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
seriously, i dont know how DV is but yoda is ridiculous and so is kilik, even though i would probably still do a tourney for it :D

Gojira

Smash Lord
Okay.

SC4 isn't a very impressive fighter to me. I played it for three days and had everything unlocked. The battle system is worse than SC3. My friend even started playing Brawl because SC4 turned out so bad .
I have not played SC3 so I don't know anything of its battle system but I cant see how the hell the battle system is as bad as you say. How many human opponets have you played? Also, for your friend to turn to Brawl over SC4....he needs to be slapped in the face.

seriously, i dont know how DV is but yoda is ridiculous and so is kilik, even though i would probably still do a tourney for it :D
Kilik is not all that bad...the apprentice is ******** good as is cervantes. I main DV and Asteroth. DV is pretty good and Asteroth is turing out to be the best Powerhouse.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
i hear DV is like a worse Astaroth, but seriously kilik is so gay, he can shut me down so bad

but seriously, astaroth is awesome, i played an awesome astaroth online, i never felt so awesome losing!

but i haven't fought many apprentices but i can see the potential

Sada

Smash Cadet
I have not played SC3 so I don't know anything of its battle system but I cant see how the hell the battle system is as bad as you say. How many human opponets have you played? Also, for your friend to turn to Brawl over SC4....he needs to be slapped in the face.
I've played a lot of human opponents. The battle system is bad because if you just grab the whole match, you can't lose.

SC3 is better than SC4, but I might just be biased towards the older game.

___X___

Smash Lord
stop talking about SC in the MA thread!
its also getting kinda annoying.

being strict ftw?

haha but hmmm

so far, hows the turnout looking for the MA?

good i hope :O

EDIT: **** to the tats

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I updated the attendance list again. Keep in mind it is for all tournies combined. If you posted anything about MA7 in the Utah thread instead of here then I probably forgot.

Turnout does look pretty nice so far.

Btw, dont forget to BYOC if you can if you plan on playing 3rd strike.

Registration for everything will be at the beginning again. Let me know if someone is going to be late and what they plan on entering so I can reserve a spot in the bracket.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So it looks like I wont be going to MA7 after all, its the only day this week where mine and my gf's plans work out... but i hope to see you all at the PnT thing.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I've played a lot of human opponents. The battle system is bad because if you just grab the whole match, you can't lose..
Please tell me you are not serious sada. Grabbing in Soul calibur is no way overpowered like you just said because both grabs and attacks can be parried. Play me in SC 4 and try to win by grabbing...you willl get owned.

Sada

Smash Cadet
You'd be surprised how well it works. ;)

I'll play you in SC4, but I'm going to take it serious. It will be a nice break from Smash at MA7.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I haven't been big with SC. I played Soul Blade back in the day, and I've played SC 2 maybe twice now. I used Cervantes on both.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
WARNING! NEW SMASHER APPROACHING

woaaa who are you?

have i met you before?

where do you live?

how old are you??

come on details details!
watch out X gets cocky fast :p

but yeah i could be down to give a ride, where you at?

UyPower

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm some guy that came from Hawaii so you probably did not meet me before. I live in some place called The Falls. Its right next to the Best Buy near 10600 South and State Street.

Sada

Smash Cadet
I wont be surprised with how well it works because it can be parried. =/

Could you bring a ps3 controller and a usb cord with it?
You know, I'm completely joking about the grabbing right?

I can bring a PS3 controller along with a USB cord. I was going to ask you want version you had because I haven't played the X box one.

Don't you live in Roy which is close by Riverdale where I live now? If so, we should play smash sometime.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Then your right in my area!! We should smash some time.

Also I think that we should take PS1 off of the starter stages, between the edges and that ****ing windmill it causes to many problems.

Because if we take out one stage we need to take out to my next pick would either be, Yoshi's island or L cruise. Because alot of people hate LC because of the tilting back and forth, and between the oddly shaped ground, save g on yoshi's island, and tilting platform I hate Yoshi's Island. :)

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Woot, i finally got a weekend off. I'm pretty sure I can make it to MA7, though i may need a ride... Rade? :p

Top Bottom