• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

C!Z

Smash Lord
I woulda posted this in the Utah thread but I didn't wanna double post lol... Anyways I know all you peoples got the day off! Who wants to Smash(I'm hyper) !? :laugh:

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
So since nobody is complaining about Sep 13th, that's when we will be having MA7.

To the people still in MA6:
MA7 is your time limit. I'm not giving any leeway for anything. Be there on time and don't screw up. Taking too long to get to matches = DQ. The 3 who haven't paid: pay before entering or playing any matches (incl. friendlies), or it's DQ for all tournaments that day (including both of the brawl singles and the free 3S tourney). I would prefer matches completed and reported to me before then. I will post the next few matches soon. I would need the x-y result and characters used from both players posted in this thread. I don't care how the match is played (online or off, location, etc), as long as its agreed to be the tournament match beforehand. Btw, don't assume you will get much time at all on the day of MA7 to do the matches.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Come over foo
You come over. We came last time.

Oh so is there gonna be Melee at MA7? I think we should start considering makin the Melee tourneys on a different date so we can run sings and dubs. Also if we keep em on the same day I don't think attendance we be as great cuz I know people won't want to stay and play the whole day. By the time Melee starts people are already tired of playin games or have other stuff planned for the end of the night. So let me know what you think Nate.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So since nobody is complaining about Sep 13th, that's when we will be having MA7.

To the people still in MA6:
MA7 is your time limit. I'm not giving any leeway for anything. Be there on time and don't screw up. Taking too long to get to matches = DQ. The 3 who haven't paid: pay before entering or playing any matches (incl. friendlies), or it's DQ for all tournaments that day (including both of the brawl singles and the free 3S tourney). I would prefer matches completed and reported to me before then. I will post the next few matches soon. I would need the x-y result and characters used from both players posted in this thread. I don't care how the match is played (online or off, location, etc), as long as its agreed to be the tournament match beforehand. Btw, don't assume you will get much time at all on the day of MA7 to do the matches.
Can't we just get them done at MA7 we always have about an hour or 2 before the tourny starts, of people just sitting around doing friendly's. If people who are still in just try to show up earlier, and get our matches done then it should be fine. Also things would go faster if people didn't get on tourny tv's to do friendlies during the tourny.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
if we want to do it before, ill make sure to get CF on time, but i can't guarantee anything about the mexis. but then again aren't they the ones who haven't paid?

C!Z

Smash Lord
i remember when my opinion mattered in this thread. :( now in southern utah i am stuck like xsyven and my posts mean nothing
I never knew they did... haha jk. So we should play some Lo dubs. The guy I currently only play it with is holdin me back. Ive been takin more of a interest in it since its the only game I have that I have someone to play with or not bored of :ohwell:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
i remember when my opinion mattered in this thread. :( now in southern utah i am stuck like xsyven and my posts mean nothing
Dude, you missed the phase where Devin and I were like, the coolest Utahns in the scene.

slave1

Smash Lord
Dude, you missed the phase where Devin and I were like, the coolest Utahns in the scene.
well this sucks we cant be cool till Devin comes back. and i wont even see him till like what three years or so.

oh yeah C!Z does Lo mean halo. then sure i am up for that crap just tell me the times you can get on. i think i have your number so i could text you and ask

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
Wow Well I am just posting for the sake of posting................................................................................................
Well I am going to suck at brawl when I finally get to a tourney but melee ftw........

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
That date sounds fine for me, I'll make sure I get work off.
I'm not sure if Kocoh/Pooky are coming. Most likely Kocoh will, but Pookey is iffy, methinks. He wasn't very good at all, was he?
I don't think I saw any of you or your friends matches but Pookey should want to come even more now to improve! You get a lot better when you come to the tournies, because of the experience and practice against others. So try to convince him to come again!:)

Gojira

Smash Lord
Can't we just get them done at MA7 we always have about an hour or 2 before the tourny starts, of people just sitting around doing friendly's. If people who are still in just try to show up earlier, and get our matches done then it should be fine. Also things would go faster if people didn't get on tourny tv's to do friendlies during the tourny.
Problem with that is people who want to warm up cant if you do it that way.

DQ for melee will only occur if you get DQed in any of his events....thats better. So people better do their thing.

I am now accepting MM again as I recently got a job (please don't ask me where. I know someone like Yaz is going to be like "Where gojira?"don't lol)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
These should be done before the tournament, preferably.

Dai vs X
( (DRyu vs Fate) vs (loser of dai vs x ) ) VS (Lada vs Kenneth)

We will have 2 PS2 copies of 3rd Strike this time, + my PC, if Minato and Bobo bring theirs. If you want to play 3S at MA7, please try to BYOC. This will be the last tournament where my 2 controllers will be available. Bobo and Minato can do what they want with their controllers, so no guarantees

There will be Melee at MA7 too, unless nobody brings a disc.

Make sure matches are reported as soon as they finish. Feel free to tell people they can't play friendlies during tournament. If you aren't sure, you can ask me first. When people are playing I can't tell that there is no match.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
We'll try to get them done earlier if we can but I think everyone in the tourny will agree not to do it on wifi. If the mexi's and Kenneth can make it this thursday, that would be a great time to get it all done.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Well I guess Nate doesn't have an opinion on separate Melee tourneys so I will just hafta take this into my own hands. If enough people want one I'll do one. So if people want separate Melee tourneys this is your time to speak up. People that I'm sure would show would be:

The Mexis.
Me and Junpei.
Yaz and hopefully Ken.
Phil said he'd attend a tourney.
I have no idea on everyone elses opinion but if you have one say so and when people would be able to show for one. I'm sure it would be a low cost entry fee to help bring in new players that might be interested.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Well I guess Nate doesn't have an opinion on separate Melee tourneys so I will just hafta take this into my own hands. If enough people want one I'll do one. So if people want separate Melee tourneys this is your time to speak up. People that I'm sure would show would be:

The Mexis.
Me and Junpei.
Yaz and hopefully Ken.
I have no idea on everyone elses opinion but if you have one say so and when people would be able to show for one. I'm sure it would be a low cost entry fee to help bring in new players that might be interested.
There is going to be a Melee tourney. There was going to be one last time but everyone left for Brawl.

C!Z

Smash Lord
There is going to be a Melee tourney. There was going to be one last time but everyone left for Brawl.
Well I guess you didn't read my other post bout people not wanting to stay all day and having things to do at night makin the attendance not as good. So I'm willing to do them on a separate day. I talked to a few other Smashers and that's what they said they'd prefer. Plus I wanna be able to play Dubs as well which I'm sure PC would like as well.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
It's fine to host additional Melee tournies. I will still be picking my choice of date and having Melee on the side. Brawl makes a nice gateway game to Melee and 3S, which wouldn't otherwise have new players coming in :) Btw, stuff like this should be in the Utah thread.

C!Z

Smash Lord
It's fine to host additional Melee tournies. I will still be picking my choice of date and having Melee on the side. Brawl makes a nice gateway game to Melee and 3S, which wouldn't otherwise have new players coming in :) Btw, stuff like this should be in the Utah thread.
Ok. Yeah that sounds good to me just means more Melee. It is better for having new people come in but sometimes they all don't have time to be there all day. Yeah I'll move the discussion that a way.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace

The Mexis.
Me and Junpei.
Yaz and hopefully Ken.
When you say mexi's that includes me as well. Just reminding you:p
and if yaz is there kenny's most likely going to be there since kenny gives yaz rides.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Well, since there's no MGC on the side for this month I'll bring Melee/Cube as long as the beaners aren't planning on leaving early.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Well I guess you didn't read my other post bout people not wanting to stay all day and having things to do at night makin the attendance not as good. So I'm willing to do them on a separate day. I talked to a few other Smashers and that's what they said they'd prefer. Plus I wanna be able to play Dubs as well which I'm sure PC would like as well.
I see what you are saying 100%. We still get ok turnouts eve for late night Melee tourney's. People can just come with you and Junpei so they don't have to stay all day for Melee. I will try to work something out with FTS to see if we can somehow start Melee after Brawl doubles.

Top Bottom