• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
staz, you have a gf now? right... :chuckle:

Dai-A I'll money match you anytime you feel like donating your money to me. :) You better be at the tourney.

Zêth34

Smash Rookie
i might come to singles if im not doing anything , but i'll go for sure if i can get a partner or a ride =)

Zêth34

Smash Rookie
yeah steve really does =P shes cool to =O
ummmm Alex qwns :D
hey who doesn't have a partner yet?

Zêth34

Smash Rookie
lol david is my controller still at FTS's house? if i go should i bring a controller or will i be able to just the one you left there

Zêth34

Smash Rookie
staz told me that Chris might be with gojira then tho and i just found out if i go i won't have a ride back so i don't think i can go

Zêth34

Smash Rookie
if i get a ride there i have to get a ride back if i get a ride with you i can just have my dad come get me

C!Z

Smash Lord
Dai Edit: Kenny ill money match for 2 bucks mario against snake :)

guys i dont even want to go the tournament :O
and if i go i want a ride back home after singles.
I might call my gf and maybe just hang with her. :)
But other than that i might just go hang out with alex and someother friends. so yeah count me out for melee probably.
Pu$$y whipped at 13... What a shame. Well if David isn't playin then I'm definitely not coming.

I think we should have Melee tourneys on a separate day as Brawl. I think we'd be able to have the tourneys over here if it's a problem holdin multiple events during the month at your house Nate.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, pretty much everyone except four people left to got to that McDonalds Brawl tourny, leaving the tournament here unfinished, and not even doing a Melee tourny; I find that pretty messed up. FTS is willing to host tournaments at his place for everyone (and he himself doesn't even play, meaning he's doing it for you guys), so you guys shouldn't leave whenever you feel like it. We've discussed what should be done to the unfinished tournament, as well as the pot, and here's what I think: since everyone that left can be classified as what C!Z would call ***els, I think none of you really deserve to just finish it another day, so the pot should just go towards donating for things like fans, power strips, and other stuff that'll help out the tournament.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot; C!Z, David actually did show up, and actually played, but like I said above, everyone left early for ANOTHER Brawl tournament, so singles didn't finish, and Melee didn't happen. I see the temptation of the possibility of winning $100 with a free entry fee, but come on...chances are, David'll win, anyway...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
FTS was the one that suggested that we could postpone it. If he hadn't, I had already decided I would have stayed to finish that one and screw the MGC tourney. But FTS said we could just postpone it and finish it next time. That's why everyone (mainly talking about the ones still in the tourney) decided to leave.

And PC, why is it you that is deciding what should be done with it? You didn't even enter.

Oh yeah, FTS. Yaz and I forgot to get our prize money for getting second in teams...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm not deciding anything, I'm just saying what I think. It's up to FTS to decide what should be done, as he's the one running it and knows all the details that I (and some others) don't know about.

slave1

Smash Lord
i have to agree with PC on this situation. you showed up taking the time of FTS then you leave to another tourney in the middle of his. and from what it sounds like the the people didnt even come back. frankly i would be kinda pissed. and you left for a Mcey D tourney. the people that left should have been kicked in the nuts as they walked out the front door.

oh yea it doesn't matter if he suggested it, it is still common courtesy to be there till the end. now he has to take another Saturday and a whole lot of wining from people saying they cant make it that date.

___X___

Smash Lord
i have to agree with PC on this situation. you showed up taking the time of FTS then you leave to another tourney in the middle of his. and from what it sounds like the the people didnt even come back. frankly i would be kinda pissed. and you left for a Mcey D tourney. the people that left should have been kicked in the nuts as they walked out the front door.

oh yea it doesn't matter if he suggested it, it is still common courtesy to be there till the end. now he has to take another Saturday and a whole lot of wining from people saying they cant make it that date.
i have NEVER seen this side of THE SLAVE!

wtf is Marcus doing to you!?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
K, if he hadn't suggested it I would have stayed to finish it. I had already decided I was going to stay till the end and then try to make it to that if it was possible. But then it was decided to be postponed and everyone took off.

Also, there doesn't have to be another separate date for it. We can just finish it at the next MA, during the lunch break or when either tourney is far enough along to have TVs for friendlies. I don't see any problem with that since it wouldn't interfere with either of the other tourneys.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted

Nathen you wern't there to see and hear what was all said, so you have very little say on this, everyone who was in the tourny left, and we were told not to come back, that we would finish this next time. Its not like we up and left, we all talked about what we were going to do, and he doesn't have to take a another satureday all we have to do is finish the tourny at the start of the next one, problem solved. I don't even know why this is being discussed we all were told that it will be finished next time, and it was PC not FTS who started this.

-Final-

Aria♪
Sorry I couldn't come to this.
By reading recent posts it seems like I wouldn't have wanted to though.

Two days would be more efficient, but I don't think most people would want to go on two seperate days.

harpuia190

Smash Ace

Two days would be more efficient, but I don't think most people would want to go on two seperate days.
are you kidding metal awesome 6 was amazing!

___X___

Smash Lord

What the FUH!?

the metal awesome was intense!
it was by far one of the best ones!

im glad i got to see new faces and show everyone my AMAZING SONIC :p

yeah, the tournament was like sugar ****

Gojira

Smash Lord
Nathen you wern't there to see and hear what was all said, so you have very little say on this, everyone who was in the tourny left, and we were told not to come back, that we would finish this next time. Its not like we up and left, we all talked about what we were going to do, and he doesn't have to take a another satureday all we have to do is finish the tourny at the start of the next one, problem solved. I don't even know why this is being discussed we all were told that it will be finished next time, and it was PC not FTS who started this.
K, if he hadn't suggested it I would have stayed to finish it. I had already decided I was going to stay till the end and then try to make it to that if it was possible. But then it was decided to be postponed and everyone took off.

Also, there doesn't have to be another separate date for it. We can just finish it at the next MA, during the lunch break or when either tourney is far enough along to have TVs for friendlies. I don't see any problem with that since it wouldn't interfere with either of the other tourneys.
FTS NEVER suggested anything from what I know. Even if he did, you dont do that **** period. That is just taking advatage of how nice the host is. I was down for going if we finished in time to make the MGC tourney, but we didnt. So like PC and I conversed after everyone ditched, the pot should go out to nobody and is used for tourney supplies here. Again I dont give a Davids *** what FTS permitted or said, this should have not taken place or even crossed anyone's minds as a good idea. So now we have two and a half Brawl tourneys to finish next time alongside a Melee tourney and 3rd strike.

Also, people need to pick up their ****ing messes as well. What makes this really really sad is that not only did I tell everyone at the start of the tourney do so , there was a garbage can right next to half of the trash.

Everyone needs to stop taking advatage of this place like it's any ole lot.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
FTS NEVER suggested anything from what I know. Even if he did, you dont do that **** period. That is just taking advatage of how nice the host is. I was down for going if we finished in time to make the MGC tourney, but we didnt. So like PC and I conversed after everyone ditched, the pot should go out to nobody and is used for tourney supplies here. Again I dont give a Davids *** what FTS permitted or said, this should have not taken place or even crossed anyone's minds as a good idea. So now we have two and a half Brawl tourneys to finish next time alongside a Melee tourney and 3rd strike.

Also, people need to pick up their ****ing messes as well. What makes this really really sad is that not only did I tell everyone at the start of the tourney do so , there was a garbage can right next to half of the trash.

Your not FTS so noone cares what you say about this. and if some one says you can leave or even offers it then its ok to do it, yes i agree that if we just up and left with out talking to FTS about it then that would be stupid, but thats not what happened. Before I even thought about going Rade, and Kenny had told me that FTS was cool with it.

I know I got my mess, all i brought was my comp, happy to share it with people to so everyone can talk to bruce, my wii again happy to help, and there right here with me.

Also I think I switched controlers with someone at the MNG does anyone have a silver contorller with tape on the plug?

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace

Jira, no one said FTS suggested anything so where are you getting that from? and the pot should still go to the tourney winners since we had to pay to enter or then we should get our 5 dollar for the people who are still in the tourney.. Also its not that hard to finish the rest of the tourney, you guys are acting like its such a huge deal but get over it, its already been done. I bet you would have left as well if you had a car and could drive.

I do agree though with the mess thing. Its pretty messed up to leave your mess at FTS's house... which I bet it was X who left his subway stuff and everything there.

Top Bottom