• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Usmash OoS

Vlade

Social Outcast
I actually think we should create a list of moves of every character we can punish with Usmash OoS, but obviously not stupid moves that opponents are going to throw out at high %. I've only recently started killing with this manouveur against Metaknight's fair but want to expand and see what else I can punish over the whole Top Tier cast. Lately I discovered that you can Usmash snake's mediocre spaced ftilt OoS (dunno about properly spaced). Discussing this tool we have can help deal with one of falco's greatest weaknesses - difficult killing ability. In this game the person who keeps their stocks will win and if our opponent doesn't lose their stock then we will obviously lose.

So, please post anything of interest that can be usmashed OoS

(note that you consider the spacing of the following attacks listed)

:metaknight:

-Fair
-Glide attack
-Nair

:snake:

-Ftilt
-Dash attack

:marth:

-Dancing Blade 3
-Dash attack

:diddy:

-Fair
-Dash attack?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Snake's bad spaced Ftilt1, some parts of dash attack owait i just listed all of snakes moves
Marth's DB1 if not continued and not perfect spaced, DB2 if not continued, DB3 (continued or not).
Obviously pretty much every dash attack

I don't really use usmash oos a lot.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
It's situational cause it depends on your opps. spacing. And i like to do it on platforms when my opponent is pressuring me and gets greedy and forgets to space.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Falco's should learn to move in to peoples attacks and shield so the opponents spacing is ruined. RUINED I SAY. HAHAHAHAHAA.

I use Up smash OoS all the time, probably way too much.

swordsaint

Smash Master
power shielding removes shield drop lag to act instantly. in other words, ANY move can come out from the powershield, without shield drop frames, also no shield push, pokes, breaks or stun.

upsmash/specials/aerials OoS are abusing the fact you can jump out of shield. you can cancel jumps to up smash. hence why it's possible from shield.

so, you gunna start making a list in the OP or what?
MK glide attack of course
I don't know about that. If the glide attack has momentum behind it, then it is punishable with that. Although, if the glide is aimed down before using the glide attack so that forward momentum is miminal, and it is spaced properly, I do not think it will work.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I started making a list, only got 4 characters but keep adding more info please

Can someone confirm whether we can usmash OoS diddy's dash attack?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
power shielding removes shield drop lag to act instantly. in other words, ANY move can come out from the powershield, without shield drop frames, also no shield push, pokes, breaks or stun.

upsmash/specials/aerials OoS are abusing the fact you can jump out of shield. you can cancel jumps to up smash. hence why it's possible from shield.
I could've sworn powershielding only removed shieldlag, shield pushback, and severely reduced shieldstun.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yup. It reduces shield drop frames to 1. That's 1 for putting it up, and 1 for dropping it. Add 1 for input recognision at the start, so that's 2 for putting it up and 1 for dropping.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I started making a list, only got 4 characters but keep adding more info please

Can someone confirm whether we can usmash OoS diddy's dash attack?
i'll try it on tibs tonight ;)

you cant touch fair if its spaced, just btw. bair would probably be the same. generally i just grab an obvious dash attack, btw.

Browny

Smash Hater
well this is... interesting, to say the least

Care to put up video examples of usmash actually coming out fast enough to beat those attacks?
I have some strong doubts over MK's glide attack (cancel it into a dtilt or anything fast), marths db3 (last i checked there was only like 10 frames to do anything to it, hence why only 1 frame upb oos attacks can hit it) and diddys dash attack.

wont MK's aerials only be punishable by a running usmash? given that it should only ever be done while retreating after a shield hit.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah Attila I thought that if Diddy and Falco were standing right next to each other shielding and Diddy does Fair OoS I thought we could usmash it.

I want to know if we CAN usmash diddy's dash attack though because it means a kill opportunity, but yes grabbing it is great

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Tbh the only attack I use OoS is Bair. It's far safer although obviously it won't kill as well. :x

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
bair has less forward range than usmash

for aerials you have to consider both the jump start-up and aerial start-up lag
Well if you slide your hand over the attack button as soon as you leave the ground the aerial comes out pretty fast, akin to IAP.

You're right about the forward range though. Lol Bair punching.

Haha, how do you even do usmash out of shield? I've probably been doing it but don't know it lol.
With tap jump on you just press up then Usmash as soon as possible after doing so. With tap jump off it's just a case of doing it with a jump button (whatever you use).

J4pu

Smash Champion
OoS is specifically used to refer to JCing shield into something (although in english it technically means anything done after previously using shield)
you can't JC tilts
shield drops > tilts are decent

OoS is specifically used to refer to JCing shield into something (although in english it technically means anything done after previously using shield)
you can't JC tilts
shield drops > tilts are decent
Technically, Dash Attack would be a better punisher out of shield. 11 frames vs 13 frames. But, I guess Ftilt is safer if you mistime it oos.

I wonder if there are other ways to jump cancel.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Utilt is frame 4, shield drop is 6 frames actually (I've been wrong with this all the time :( )
So yeah, 10 frames

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
JCusmash takes an extra frame? I don't recall saying that. It's hard to cancel the jump on the first frame though X.x

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Depends. Buffer a jump and usmash in hitstun ^_^

At least, I think you can cancel the first frame before it comes out if you buffer it

swordsaint

Smash Master
Xonar, to cancel the jump, the jump has to come out. If there wasn't that extra frame it'd just be an up smash. At least that's what I'm understanding.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
After lucas is still lagging after his upsmash, while ness is doing pk flash.
After ness is lagging after pk fire. ness after pk thunder (or during)

These have all happened to me D:

Top Bottom