• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uptight players?

RxIzIt

Smash Cadet
After recently playing brawl through the months since the release, im afraid to say that brawl is filled with alot of whiny little *****es.:ohwell: People get worked up over the smallest things or get way too cocky. The other week me and my friend decide to do a 2v2 with the swf friend finder (which i find laggy and hard to use), we found 2 people that were pretty good and fun to play with, they were even nice through aim, but the games started to get monatnous and boring, so we decided to spice it up a bit and put in smash balls. The amount of games we won was a little more then theyre's so we just decided to lighten up the moment. As soon as the smash ball appears, Its was complete bull**** garble on aim.

"your a ****ing noob take off the stupid *** smash balls."
"Youll never beat me 1v1 ****ing loser"

:urg:
Were like..... k. Sorry to add variety to the game.

Another example is when me and my partner were beating 2 other ppl, very badly, game after game they lost, so they picked what i think are the most irritating charcters in the game, Wolf and Pikachu, all wolf kept doing was his forward smash, and pikachu his Down+B move. After that they said, "we ****in owned you guys, you guys suck hard." "Dont paly us again."

I have stopped playing online brawl since everyone except for a very few dont like like this, and wanted to know if anyone gets the privilege of playing with these obsessed 13 year olds.

Thanks.

Swordsrule

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry to hear that you got that kind of response from gamers online...unfortunately, in EVERY game that is an online game there are bound to be numerous players who curse continually and get irked by the slightest change against thier favor....

Don't be disheartened by a few noobs who like to trashtalk online...keep playing with your friends and add whatever variety to the game that makes it fun for you. It is a game after all.... :chuckle:

One of my favorite things about the Smash series is how versatile the gameplay is. If you want to just screw around or have fun with it you can add items or pick whatever mode you want to. At the same time if you want to get serious and do tourney play, you can change the game to suit that as well...

and finally.... :D.....who said you needed to talk on aim after or during playing people online? If you dont want to listen to trashtalk, just jump off of aim and keep on keepin' on.

Smash is too good to give up on. :chuckle:

RxIzIt

Smash Cadet
Yes thats true, but it's very hard to find players who can act mature and realise it's just a game. Recently all I've been doing is playing with friends (not wifi, thus it's to easy for me :laugh:) or paly 1v1 against level 9 Mario (he's fricking tough:mad:). But like I said, is adding a smash ball or a couple gooey bombs (omg so frickin fun <<<) a big deal? Maybe people should try it, I have yet to find someone who will play with a few choice weapons :urg:

But thnx for the advice!

M.K

Level 55
Welcome to Smashboards.

:chuckle:

...I'm gonna go now....

(BTW, you suck, and everything you believe in sucks, and frankly I don't care, I'm right)

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Yes thats true, but it's very hard to find players who can act mature and realise it's just a game. Recently all I've been doing is playing with friends (not wifi, thus it's to easy for me :laugh:) or paly 1v1 against level 9 Mario (he's fricking tough:mad:). But like I said, is adding a smash ball or a couple gooey bombs (omg so frickin fun <<<) a big deal? Maybe people should try it, I have yet to find someone who will play with a few choice weapons :urg:

But thnx for the advice!
I'll play ya with anything!:chuckle:
(but not tonight because I should be asleep)
It's a game,and many people don't understand that for some reason.

TheMoonman

Smash Cadet
Welcome to Smashboards.

:chuckle:

...I'm gonna go now....

(BTW, you suck, and everything you believe in sucks, and frankly I don't care, I'm right)
I love how you just totally fit the TC's description of an uptight player.

Have fun being serious about a videogame.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
this is what you call the "entitlement generation" ;D

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You're a moron.

Did you ask them if it was OK first? No. Do you honestly expect everybody here to want to play with items? What if they were practicing for a doubles tourney?

As for them picking better characters... Well, they won. You lost. Period. Their bragging may not have been earned properly, but eh.

Don't whine here, though. Both of your complaints identify you as a nearly hopeless scrub.

PKPower

Smash Cadet
Items are unfair and make the game non skill reliant. The only time I leave is when items are on. I don't think it's immature to want to play a fair game.

Swordsrule

Smash Rookie
You're a moron.

Did you ask them if it was OK first? No. Do you honestly expect everybody here to want to play with items? What if they were practicing for a doubles tourney?

As for them picking better characters... Well, they won. You lost. Period. Their bragging may not have been earned properly, but eh.

Don't whine here, though. Both of your complaints identify you as a nearly hopeless scrub.
Harsh Thio, harsh.... :chuckle:

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Items are unfair and make the game non skill reliant. The only time I leave is when items are on. I don't think it's immature to want to play a fair game.
Personally,after the real fights are over I like having some items around just for fun.

Online in itself with how much it sucks is just as bad or worse than items.

I don't think it's immature to wish for a fair game either. But when the "Competition" is over. I see nothing wrong with some party fights.XD

What is immature is over-reacting to victories and losses.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
We need less people obsessed with 1v1 no item tourney legal matches.

For pretty much the best party game of all time, a lot of people are taking it a little to seriously. Even I'll admit that I try to make Brawl too competitive at times.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
I agree. I can't stand it when people get too worked over such stupid things. I'm glad the people I brawl with are far more laid-back. Heck, it's the more I win, the more motivated they are to get better. And that's the way it should be.

As far as items go, it does frustrate me a bit, since I lose FAR more often with them on. If the person I'm fighting with says the word though... variety never hurts anyone =p. But that's if they say so. If someone just pops on items without saying so, it gets a little irritating. Might have been better to ask first.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hahaha. I have to agree with some of the above posters. You kinda sound hypocritical at times. : P

Anyway, I totally get what you mean. Some people just freak out when they lose. A friend of mine ALWAYS starts *****ing about how **** the game is because I get the smashballs. I only get them, however, because he LITERALLY stands still and just waits for them to come to him, while I go after them.

If they turn out to be *******s, no one is forcing you to stay. And likewise, in response to Thiocyanide, no one is forcing them to stay either. Gaming is meant to be fun for both sides. If they're lame, you leave. If they don't like your settings, they can leave.

I often have tendancies to get pretty irritated when players, like you said, choose a really spammable character, and just start pissing me off. Pikachu's down-B, for example. They win the first match, usually. Then I adapt to their "strategy", beat them once, more if I feel like it, and quit. Nothing makes a loser more angry than when they're out of control.

True, true, I should be the better person and just quit right away once I realise that they're just pathetic *****. If in the future this happens again, I would just say okay, let them choose the settings, then kick their ***** at their own game, and leave. Done.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to have to agree with Thiocyanide here. It would have been much more polite to ask them if they wanted to play with Smash Balls on before just turning them on. And since you had them on AIM, so it's not like it would have been hard to do.

As for the second case, yes, they were being ***** for acting like that, but let's face it, you DID lose to a thunder spamming pikachu and fsmash spamming wolf...

All in all, I think someone needs to take his own advice about not being so uptight online.

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
You're a moron.

Lol harsh but fair points. Still they shouldn't be abusive about it, instead they should have asked for them the items to be turned off again or simply found different opponents.

For pretty much the best party game of all time, a lot of people are taking it a little to seriously. Even I'll admit that I try to make Brawl to competitive at times.
Since when were the Smash games classed as party games? xD Last time i checked i was playing a fighting game.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Sakurai was very specific when he said he didn't want Brawl to be competitive. However, I happen to be among those who disagree with Sakurai's point of view. Its just that unending tourney legal Brawl gets boring after a while. Throw in some Norfair and Spear Pillar once in a while.

Also: since when did fighting games of all time include pink flying puffballs and stages that try to kill you? Brawl is the origonal party fighting game.

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman

For pretty much the best party game of all time, a lot of people are taking it a little to seriously. Even I'll admit that I try to make Brawl too competitive at times.
See... this is supposed to be a competitive site. So most people will likely want to play with the traditional rules.

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai was very specific when he said he didn't want Brawl to be competitive. However, I happen to be among those who disagree with Sakurai's point of view. Its just that unending tourney legal Brawl gets boring after a while. Throw in some Norfair and Spear Pillar once in a while.

Also: since when did fighting games of all time include pink flying puffballs and stages that try to kill you? Brawl is the origonal party fighting game.
Nono don't get me wrong, it's a very colourful and frantic game and i appreciate that aspect of it. But I personally play to get better, play better people and generally really prefer competitive play to the randomness of items. But each to their own i guess.

I also don't mind Spear pillar once in a while, it's got good gimmicks ;)

PCHU

Smash Lord
I don't have friends like that.
They know how to deal with my skills.
They know that if they think it's hopeless, they can quit playing me.
They know that if they spam, I go crazy and completely annihilate their character.
It's simple; get better friends.
My friends now respect me, since I beat them after their trash talk.

All you have to do is NOT LOSE when they spam.
It's easy; my friend was actually a decent spammer, but I kicked his butt every time.
He later found all of Pikachu's other moves, and he's second best of our group of four now.

BUT, with YOUR opponents, you shouldn't have lost, especially to spammers.
Ike deals with them easily.
Learn your character, fight them again, then laugh in their face when they start getting angry.
It's hilarious; laughter makes everything funnier.

RxIzIt

Smash Cadet
You're a moron.

Though it seems you might be one of those uptight players I'm talking about. First of all, We had already ( each team) won many games, So i just decied to add a smash ball, they did complain and i did tell them that if we could at least do it with a couple games. Therefore i did tell them, they accpeted it, but even though they did, they still complained at the end.
I try to get along with everybody in a resoponsible manner, even if it just is online, Of course I'll want to play on a boring weekday during the summer, so I need people to play. So no I don't complain about losing, nor do i brag. I get my *** kicked by Pandafoo all the time and I think it's the funnest **** ever. So don't jump the gun there ok Thiocyanide?

2nd We don't care if we lose or not, Whenever did I say I gave 2 ****s if I win or lose? I play this game like once a week.

3rd Don't call me a scrub or a moron ok. Because you are clueless of who I am, The thread was to just ask if people have these same problems, or is it that there are just so many. Harsh words indeed, but coming from a clueless person. You are proving yourself to be moron here because your all ready getting worked from this basic thread I started. Dont get worked up because of a video game thread. And he calls me the scrub :ohwell: go figure.

1 more thing to petrie, How did you figure im the one whos being an uptight person, I have never disrespected somene online in brawl because of spamming losing or *****ing, I'll get a little aggravated from it but I don't get pissed from it. The reason why I posted this is because I'm seeing quite ALOT of these people. It seems we have some people who have a twisted minds on point of view in this forum. <<<<

And thnx to everyone who agreed on my point.:bee:

Spire

III
BRoomer
This is why I only play with my friends; casually or competitively. Sorry to hear about those *****.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You're a moron.

Quoted for truth.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Obviously no one with Brawl has gotten to puberty yet that they can't take insults from 9 year olds.

Grow some balls and move on. No one wants to here your sad story about how a couple of guys got on your neves when they "owned" you. Get over it, flame them back, or play them again. And don't tell us about it.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Obviously no one with Brawl has gotten to puberty yet that they can't take insults from 9 year olds.

Grow some balls and move on. No one wants to here your sad story about how a couple of guys got on your neves when they "owned" you. Get over it, flame them back, or play them again. And don't tell us about it.
Looking at the end of the OP, I think he was wondering if a lot of people acted like this or not.

RxIzIt

Smash Cadet
Looking at the end of the OP, I think he was wondering if a lot of people acted like this or not.
;) Exactly, I'm not hear to cry my stories, I wanted to know if this is the majority of how people act on brawl. Don't know how all the hatred got in.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yes. Every community will have the jerks. What is not neccessary is that any time someone finds them for the first time, we must tell everyone about it, and some people feel the best way is through making a thread on a forum.

If you have a problem with a person, tell them. If you have a problem with the game, tell us. But if you are a little hurt because a couple guys were *****, then tell your parent(s).

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Hopeless Scrub said:
Though it seems you might be one of those uptight players I'm talking about. First of all, We had already ( each team) won many games, So i just decied to add a smash ball, they did complain and i did tell them that if we could at least do it with a couple games. Therefore i did tell them, they accpeted it, but even though they did, they still complained at the end.
I try to get along with everybody in a resoponsible manner, even if it just is online, Of course I'll want to play on a boring weekday during the summer, so I need people to play. So no I don't complain about losing, nor do i brag. I get my *** kicked by Pandafoo all the time and I think it's the funnest **** ever. So don't jump the gun there ok Thiocyanide?
Really? Funny how this information was lacking in the OP. Oh, and 'uptight' does not mean the same thing as 'has a different philosophy as to how the game should be played.'

2nd We don't care if we lose or not, Whenever did I say I gave 2 ****s if I win or lose? I play this game like once a week.
Relevance check?

3rd Don't call me a scrub or a moron ok. Because you are clueless of who I am, The thread was to just ask if people have these same problems, or is it that there are just so many. Harsh words indeed, but coming from a clueless person. You are proving yourself to be moron here because your all ready getting worked from this basic thread I started. Dont get worked up because of a video game thread. And he calls me the scrub go figure.
Nobody is worked up but you. The term scrub is not interchangeable with moron. A scrub is somebody who, for whatever reason, has made a conscious decision not to attempt to excel at the game. This post, in which you identify several commonplace things as problems (which they aren't), in turn identifies you as a scrub.

SNIP. It seems we have some people who have a twisted minds on point of view in this forum.
As I've already told you, you're complaining about items on a competitive forums that has pretty much agreed that we don't use them.

And thnx to everyone who agreed on my point.
Oh, how I do love people who disagree vehemently with those who hold a different viewpoint and readily embrace those who seem to agree.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
I personally think that tension builds between players over wifi because you know you're playing against someone in real life, but everything gets bottled up and competitive because THERE IS NO VOICE CHAT. Silence makes it cold and impersonal, creating seriousness and rising tension upon unsuspecting and originally friendly players. I find that happening to myself. ****ing nintendo.

Top Bottom