• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uptight players?

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Oh, and 'uptight' does not mean the same thing as 'has a different philosophy as to how the game should be played.'
Right... Except they're way of playing is accepting something, then whining and moaning about what they accepted.

Nobody is worked up but you. The term scrub is not interchangeable with moron. A scrub is somebody who, for whatever reason, has made a conscious decision not to attempt to excel at the game. This post, in which you identify several commonplace things as problems (which they aren't), in turn identifies you as a scrub.
Uh. You called him a moron and a nearly hopeless scrub. Not nice, even if you didn't understand him. (It implies you're uptight.)

As I've already told you, you're complaining about items on a competitive forums that has pretty much agreed that we don't use them.
No, he's complaining about people who are complete losers because of items, and wonders if this is prevalent.

Oh, how I do love people who disagree vehemently with those who hold a different viewpoint and readily embrace those who seem to agree.
Yeah, because he should accept those who disagree with him (and insult him while they're at it) and argue with those who agree with him.

I personally think that tension builds between players over wifi because you know you're playing against someone in real life, but everything gets bottled up and competitive because THERE IS NO VOICE CHAT. Silence makes it cold and impersonal, creating seriousness and rising tension upon unsuspecting and originally friendly players. I find that happening to myself. ****ing nintendo.
AIM, perhaps?

PiSToLZ

Smash Lord
Mains- Lucario, Falco, and Meta Knight Seconda
wackos
its a game
if you complain over items and get pissed off then you are as mature as my 7 year old brotehr that if he loses he
1- makes up a ****ty excuse
2- throws the controller at me
3- turns off the wii
if you already had 10 fair competitive matches a smash ball will make it a little more intersting after all brawl isnt as fun as melee.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Right... Except they're way of playing is accepting something, then whining and moaning about what they accepted.
That info wasn't in the OP, and I highly doubt its truthfulness.

Uh. You called him a moron and a nearly hopeless scrub. Not nice, even if you didn't understand him. (It implies you're uptight.)
I think your definition of uptight is differing with the dictionary's:

1. tense, nervous, or jittery.
2. annoyed or angry.

I'm not tense, nervous, or jittery, I'm not particularly annoyed, and definitely not angry. Another, less-used definition is 'Stiffly conventional.' When we're playing competitively, yes, I am. When people are playing online, unless otherwise noted, you stick to convention. I highly doubt he actually asked about the Smash Balls:

As soon as the smash ball appears, Its was complete bull**** garble on aim.
So, with that, he not only proves that he's a moron for not reading his own OP, but a liar for attempting to change his story midway through the thread.

Yeah, because he should accept those who disagree with him (and insult him while they're at it) and argue with those who agree with him.
Generally, you should agree with those who are right and disagree with those who are wrong, regardless of your own opinion, though I doubt many people here will really follow that.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
I think your definition of uptight is differing with the dictionary's:

1. tense, nervous, or jittery.
2. annoyed or angry.
As I said, implies. Calling names implies anger and/or being annoyed.

The rest of the post
So you're calling him a liar? Well, I can't really argue with that - I have no proof whether or not he's telling the truth, so this argument has pretty much reached a stalemate (nobody has conclusive evidence either way).

RxIzIt

Smash Cadet
Really? Funny how this information was lacking in the OP. Oh, and 'uptight' does not mean the same thing as 'has a different philosophy as to how the game should be played.'
Well like I stated before, I try my best to get along with anybody online. I didn't state it in the OP but I didn't say that I argued or snapped back either.

Nobody is worked up but you. The term scrub is [i said:
not[/i] interchangeable with moron. A scrub is somebody who, for whatever reason, has made a conscious decision not to attempt to excel at the game. This post, in which you identify several commonplace things as problems (which they aren't), in turn identifies you as a scrub.

Nope, you were pretty much the first one that got fired up in this thread for ununderstandable reasons. Your opening comment was "Your a moron" For what good reason?

As I've already told you said:
We were pretty much ahead of these guys, they seemed like good sports so I put in a smash ball to lighten up the mood. Though I was wrong to judge them, thus them snapping on me, I tried to tell them to settle down for a few games with items but apparently it didn't help. After a long hard day of work, wouldn't you want to lean back and take it easy? Same in this case.

Oh said:
Umm, duh. Besides, I'm pretty sure theres alot more people here who find those uptight players quite bothersome than those that agree with you.

And of course you don't have to believe me, go ahead and think that. But I do keep my cool and those guys didn't get me worked up. But just to say, NO, I'm not lieing.

For example this video is pretty closely related to the case.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0OccEKFdDq8

The games about fun, what harm is a smash ball anyway? It doesn't mean my team is always gonna get it. I'm pretty sure if they got it every time, they would be enjoying the moment.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Nope, you were pretty much the first one that got fired up in this thread for ununderstandable reasons. Your opening comment was "Your a moron" For what good reason?
Statement of fact is in fact not getting aggrivated, annoyed, or fired up.

The games about fun, what harm is a smash ball anyway? It doesn't mean my team is always gonna get it. I'm pretty sure if they got it every time, they would be enjoying the moment.
Statements like this are why I called you a moron.

Not everybody enjoys playing with the smash ball. I know I generally don't. The game means different things to different people. As opposed to shoving yours down other players' throats, ask them (Since it's evident you actually didn't). If they say no, and you really wanna use the Smash balls, play some other people.

As well, who are you to say they'd enjoy the game if they got every single Smash Ball? I know I prefer to win by skill, not some item that instagimps everybody but me. It's like getting a KO because somebody trips into your forward smash - It didn't take any skill.

So you are a scrub, which isn't a bad thing if you don't mind not being competitive, and a moron for thinking that your way is the best way (As well as thinking that the majority of Smashboards would agree that people playing competitively are annoying).

I'm not going to make any replies past this, because it's obvious you're not really listening to logic here.

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
It's wrong to change settings without asking. - You
It's wrong to become abusive about it. -Them

This was your basic lesson on gaming morals for today!

Patinator

Smash Champion
I personally think that tension builds between players over wifi because you know you're playing against someone in real life, but everything gets bottled up and competitive because THERE IS NO VOICE CHAT. Silence makes it cold and impersonal, creating seriousness and rising tension upon unsuspecting and originally friendly players. I find that happening to myself. ****ing nintendo.
Oh, okay, let's allow harsh words, threats, and complete nonsense to enter people's brains and ears because Brawl is apparently gaining a collection of people on Wi-Fi comparable to Halo 3, as far as I can tell from the opening post.

Would you enjoy having people spout horrible words fit for an AO-rated game playing something meant for all ages? I know I wouldn't. I'm GLAD Nintendo doesn't have voice chat for that reason.

I can't compare with what you said happened in your opening post, RxIzIt, but if I can offer advice, just don't set up a chat with anyone you play online, unless you know them. It's just like Halo 3 (Not that I have experience there. :p); turn off the voice chat and you can't hear what people say about you. Only, replace voice chat with AIM and hear with see. :laugh:

RxIzIt

Smash Cadet
But they accepted smash balls after I told them about it... But even after a few games with smash balls, they still decided to badmouth us on aim. I said whatever and left it at that. Oh and Thiocyanide, if all you want to go on about is skill and all that other rabbling bull****, and complain about smash balls too, stick to melee then.

And trust me, who the **** does not like to use smash balls? You must be one lame obsessed person to not enjoy causing destruction to other people in a full 4 -player game. If all you care about is skill and competetive play, your a lonely bum who probabaly plays this **** every **** time you get the chance. So if your on this games **** that way, don't come at me like that when you have some serious gaming fever. I'm done with this topic.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
But they accepted smash balls after I told them about it... But even after a few games with smash balls, they still decided to badmouth us on aim. I said whatever and left it at that. Oh and Thiocyanide, if all you want to go on about is skill and all that other rabbling bull****, and complain about smash balls too, stick to melee then.

And trust me, who the **** does not like to use smash balls? You must be one lame obsessed person to not enjoy causing destruction to other people in a full 4 -player game. If all you care about is skill and competetive play, your a lonely bum who probabaly plays this **** every **** time you get the chance. So if your on this games **** that way, don't come at me like that when you have some serious gaming fever. I'm done with this topic.
The moral of this story is: Play with your friends,ignore strangers and Don't use AIM during a game.

Because a Game is exactly what it is.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord

Irony lol?

MojoMan

Smash Ace
not all 13 year old are obsessed...like me :)
im really friendly
lol
i no how that is like.
some of my friends get all crazy if like someone walks passed or someone pauses..
He starts yelling "STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
some ppl today...
Guilty! (sorry Pistolz, just caught up in the heat of the moment). But I never shout "you n00b!" I never boast, surprisingly.

Top Bottom