• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
If you two are going, can I ride with you guys? Schenectady shouldn't be much out of the way between Utica and New Jersey.
Probably not, I'll get the reasons out of the way now. One is that my dad is barely taking L-Don, who he's known for years and we've been childhood friends. Not sure why he'd find it in himself to take someone he met once or twice...

Also even if he did/does say yes, you probably won't want to go with us do to the fact that we're leaving Utica Friday afternoon and leaving APEX Sunday morning/afternoon. We won't be there that much, we're missing doubles and most of the pro bracket. Plus since we'll be running on such a tight schedule we might not have time to pick you up anyway.

I suggest you try to find another means of getting there.

huMps

Smash Ace
Let me just start off by saying second best dun mean a lot to me, and it shouldn't to anyone else either. Everyone should be striving to be the best.

That said A tourny with just me wouldn't prove anything. Ya'll up in roch forget about the peeps in Troy, or my homies Dudu and hbadger. That is why Battle Cry Max and Dustbowl are so important. We gotta try to get everybody in the same room so we can have an awesome tourny.
The only problem with Troy tourneys is that they're over four hours away, and for another hour and a half we could go to NYC, or even better for about 2 hrs less we could go to toronto and play what may be the second best region in the world.

I love what troy's doing but it just doesn't work for me and I think some people here share my reasoning.
Syracuse is the best location for a big western/upstate NY tournament for sure

I make $33/hr
I make 34 suck it

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
The only problem with Troy tourneys is that they're over four hours away,
Ya I dont disagree at all, infact this is kinda the point of my post. Since its so hard for troy to go to roch and Vice versa the Syracuse tournys (which are more managable for both areas) needa become high priority.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Yeah, outside of brawl, the melee in that region doesn't travel (well besides me). Zanda and Trilock always have something on their plate. Kwan straight up only travels to tourneys if they're near NYC because his family lives there and really only goes to troy stuff occasionally ( he is also gonna be on vacation in Europe for awhile so I would not expect any surprise appearances ). I'm back home for the time so making Syracuse fests and tourneys isn't hard ( only about 45 away ). God I wish I had known about competitive melee 4 years ago, was at RIT at the time.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Poyo, just told me that he and his bro (Serynder) want to attend United and Collision. Anyone willing to help VA by picking them up at the bus stop and helping with a housing?

:phone:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, outside of brawl, the melee in that region doesn't travel (well besides me). Zanda and Trilock always have something on their plate. Kwan straight up only travels to tourneys if they're near NYC because his family lives there and really only goes to troy stuff occasionally ( he is also gonna be on vacation in Europe for awhile so I would not expect any surprise appearances ). I'm back home for the time so making Syracuse fests and tourneys isn't hard ( only about 45 away ). God I wish I had known about competitive melee 4 years ago, was at RIT at the time.
i'll get at you sometime soon probly. or if beta or erk have a fest id go to that.

edit; i am excited for the cuse tourny i hope everyone goes

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
The next Troy tournament will be May 4, and I can post it soon. Same big free venue. This is also the last tournament I host before I graduate. After that, I don't know where I'll be yet.

I know I can't go to those Syracuse tournaments because I already have other plans. Troy lacks drivers in general, so no guarantees unfortunately.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
where do i post about finding people to play melee in the city? i'm here until apex basically but i didn't see a thread. went to the ny social thread which directed me to this thread, but that looks like brawl

a nub

Smash Ace
where do i post about finding people to play melee in the city? i'm here until apex basically but i didn't see a thread. went to the ny social thread which directed me to this thread, but that looks like brawl
On melee discussion go to the facebook thread sticky and join east coast or nyc ssbm cuz most of nyc doesn't check boards often. I'd link you but I'm on my phone

Also I'd be down to play but just left the city for school today lol

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I've been meaning to mention that I will not be able to make Apex now. My grandfather died recently and I'll be at a memorial service that Saturday. So to whomever was going, I'll see you at the next tournament.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I've been meaning to mention that I will not be able to make Apex now. My grandfather died recently and I'll be at a memorial service that Saturday. So to whomever was going, I'll see you at the next tournament.
I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you. Hope everything turns out alright in the end.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
well this is a huge multi game event mabye thats what the purple signifies.

woops thought I was in battle cry max tourny thread I dunno wtf going on with teh title but ill try to fix

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yo guys, I'm going to make it a point to post in this thread more. Life's crazy and busy, sorry.

So to confirm, WEDNESDAY NIGHT at 5PM EST at the apartment there is a Smashfest, it will be going late into the night, probably early into the morning. I have off on Thursday, so I'm going to play all night, wake up, and play through the day for last minute prep.

I've been thinking, and top 5 in the region IMO are as follows:

PikaPika!
Lefty
Beta (Solidly #2 at this point, mad respect man)
RTF
Me

just IMO. also, i agree with trying to get everyone in NYS besides NYC to cuse. It would be cool to see every single person. Also, I played TWebb and he's really good. That would be cool if he could make it as well

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
So to confirm, WEDNESDAY NIGHT at 5PM EST at the apartment there is a Smashfest, it will be going late into the night, probably early into the morning. I have off on Thursday, so I'm going to play all night, wake up, and play through the day for last minute prep.
yeah I was told me and erk are gonna be at this so errbody come out and play us!!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
yo beta can you bring your controller tools? triwing and whatever the hell the other one is called lol...beta imn relying on you for amazing fox practice for apex

Viciousai

Smash Rookie
Who are these ants getting honorable mention without paying their dues?

I shall crush them under my boot and set the world back in order.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I remember telling steve like 3 years ago that once there was ten people better than me at melee out here, i would quit melee for good. Do i have to keep playing, jesse?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Hey where are you guys going to be staying? Apparently I'm 7 mins away from Rutgers by car, but I'm an hour away by walking.

My dad wanted me to ask you guys... either I'll be driving or my dad'll be picking us up. Not sure. We don't have a phone on us so we can't call him to pick us up at short notice, we'd have to set a time.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
ill still f u noobs up.

i am so good.

i am a god in all things

try to attain this level

such good k/d's

good grades

bangs chicks

ultimate confidence.

none will come close

there are no survivors