• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I only look at the title.

And i have no idea how ima get there, but that voltage tournament is free money thats kinda needed right now so i make a way up there.

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if thats the case ill give you a back rub the next time you come to Rochester, as payment for the carrying youre going to have to do =P

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
not sure when i'd host anything. might try to by the end of the semester.

i also want to hit up rochester. mana pm me your number please.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Sent you my info frannie. At least us beta and erk would be fine but that should attract others plus theres sharky and brawl folks.

And hey everyone I want to go to rochester (just to play or the next tourny if there is one) do any syracuse wanna come too so I can save a lil on gas :3

also i have halo 4 and i am very good and only care about winning no casual (unless flood or customs) gamertag is :

KING MANMON

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
anyone have preferences for the fest? i'm thinking some time early december. i'm out by mid dec and i don't return till school's about to start.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
edit: Dec 1 of Dec 8

is anyone going to the tournament tomorrow? I don't have 13370s number :c

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
From my facebook.

Aight so let me add just a little bit more smash drama.

My region is booty butt cheeks at smash.
Im top 5 in it.
https://www.facebook.com/dustin.white.5437?ref=ts&fref=ts
this lame dude starts trash talking me, thinking he can beat me just because he made it to bracket at RoM5
I tell him I should have gone because if he can make bracket I probably could have gotten top 16
This guy and David Campbell (Nightro) Drive to my house at 1:30 am. Just to try and prove something.
I havent played Melee for more than 3 matches in at least 3-6 months.
Hes a CF main, CF and Fox are the worst matchups for me because they are too fast.
He 1 stocks me game one. falcon vs my game and watch.
he 2 stocks me game 2 falcon vs my falco.
games 3 through 5 I body him with Ganon.
I then proceed to say 'Im the best! Get the hell outta my house'

all these new jacks and their tech skill.

Back in my day you had to be smart to win at melee.

how does a Captain falcon main get 3-0d by my dusty raggedy old ganon right after he makes bracket at RoM

Worst tournament ever.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
There was a number of high lights.

I was considering recording it on my phone, but i used the phone to play the sonic music that led me to victory

BRAWL4LYF

first stock of my first game with ganon I one hit killed him. he jumped up to attack me, I down aired him and he DId it offstage. It was kind of epic.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
goggles uve always had what it takes to be good at melee especially at ganon. when are we all gonna grow up and start putting in the hard work??

ive been practicing by myself lately alot and i am ready for another tournament and more thereafter.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Maybe, but I dont like the game enough to put that kind of work in.

Hell, if I could still get neil (or anyone else in this entire city) to seriously practice brawl with me I would do that.

either way. go to apex.

AND SPEAKING OF APEX.

this is a note to everyone attempting to attend Apex.

As it stands right now, Im going to a business conference that weekend, so if I show up at all at Apex, it will only be on sunday.
THAT BEING SAID. I forced Neil to be one of the first 30 people to register for Apex, so he could get that OCRemix CD. But since im not going with him. he currently is driving down with space for 3-4 more in his car.

But Neil is incredibly flippant and highly unreliable. Its a pain to get him to do anything. So if you want to ride down with him, youre going to have to look up the hotel, plot the course, make a travel plan and basically plan the entire trip yourself and then force him to put the money up and do whatever he needs to do to get there. He will not do anything on his own unless you force him and constantly pester him about it. Hes one of the laziest people I know so if you leave anything up to him besides driving and putting up money, it wont get done.

The tournament is in 2 months. I suggest some of you guys get on the ball.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hypocritical mofo.

lol. what have you been doing with yourself anyway, havent seen or heard from you in what is to me, way too long.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
hypocritical mofo.

lol. what have you been doing with yourself anyway, havent seen or heard from you in what is to me, way too long.
That includes me of course XD This is what I've been doing in my spare time:

But seriously? I started a career in VoIP phone systems. I work many hours (at least 11a-8p) which has its pros and cons. There's room for growth there and it's a pretty nice environment. Work is work. Boring. When I started everyone was going insane from the Sandy damages, but now it's close to "normal" if that makes sense.

A majority of my spare time has vanished since there's always chores and seasonal activities. Often I choose to listen to performances (Eastman) or make music myself. I miss being unemployed and having an extra +60 hours a week.

So that's all that I'm going to post on smooch birds...

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Just to keep everyone updated, there will not be a tournament till February. I'm going to Germany in December, Apex in January. But February they will start up again!

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
When I'm back in 'Merica I'll host another smash fest... It's good to see everyone now and again...

Downside being... I won't be in the states for a while. D:

Happy T-Day for those in the US!
Ps. Mana, whats new dude? PM on FB sometime!

Sharky

Smash Master
Going would involve gas, entry fee, food, and taking the day off of work. Sadly that's kind of expensive even with free entry. =(

Top Bottom