• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Eaode

Smash Champion
uh if anyone can drive me id def try to stay the night friday saturday that would be ****ing awesome.

seriously, i really want to step up my game and finally start improving again <.<

Slashy

Smash Lord
I was not able to reserve Sol Activity Room, we'll have to be stuck with the NRH Lecture room unless you want to mvoe the event to be earlier

hubble

Smash Ace
niceee....

looks like this region started to CARE again, atleast in melee

its funny how our region gets better for a while, then goes into periods where we stay the same for a while cuz people lose dedication.

lets alll get **** status at melee, you know the combos are fun ^_^

Slashy

Smash Lord
niceee....

its funny how our region gets better for a while, then goes into periods where we stay the same for a while cuz people lose dedication.

lets alll get **** status at melee, you know the combos are fun ^_^
Or play Brawl Minus

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm going to be at Smash club training everyone, with my own setup. I'm hoping to get there early, anyone gonna be there early? oh yeah its egs i forgot lol

Foy

Smash Champion
niceee....

i still hand everyone their ***** on a silver plater. :D

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
O YEAH SNOWMAN

you should come to egs tonight cuz i gotta talk to you about some **** son.

plus you need to get at my pikachu
I'm sick tonight, but I'll be at the apartment on Friday. You stay at RIT, no? I could give you a ride there.

I miss your Pika.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
After a brief conversation with Pyro I decided to NOT host the tournament, unless it is held next weekend.
Umm... iirc that was not the conversation at all, but w/e. The reason for not doing the tourney on 2/5 is that I won't be there. And when i'm not there, that means you're missing half a tourney.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts on advice are that I value it immensely. I soak it up like a sponge.

I still remember **** Steffon said like, two years ago. It sticks with me for goddamn ever.

I try to give advice when I can, but I feel bad giving advice if I'm clearly the inferior player. I'll only give advice if I'm obviously a better player, but I pretty much only play people better than me.

TLDR: I'm bad

Foy

Smash Champion
My advice to everyone is to just believe and have heart in everything you do.

Also go big or go home. You create your limits so push to the top.

the rock is your limiter, you get that **** up the mountain or get crushed.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Considering that he was cursed by the gods to attempt to roll that boulder up the hill for eternity, I wouldn't really count it as inspirational.

How to get better: When you lose, figure out WHY you lost, and then fix it. Repeat until you win every time. How you fix your problems is entirely dependent on who you are and how you think, so going to other people for help may or may not actually be useful. Personally, I think the more you work through specific problems yourself, the better you'll be at solving future problems, so it would help you in the long run to solve your own problems.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Considering that he was cursed by the gods to attempt to roll that boulder up the hill for eternity, I wouldn't really count it as inspirational.

How to get better: When you lose, figure out WHY you lost, and then fix it. Repeat until you win every time. How you fix your problems is entirely dependent on who you are and how you think, so going to other people for help may or may not actually be useful. Personally, I think the more you work through specific problems yourself, the better you'll be at solving future problems, so it would help you in the long run to solve your own problems.
10 QFTs...

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Greene Archer- Yeah that pic was taken of me a long time ago, but I managed to defy the gods' inane concept known as "eternity," and eventually roll it up the hill. Needless to say, they were flabbergasted. At any rate, I am sad that you don't find my efforts inspirational :(

Foy

Smash Champion
Greene Archer- Yeah that pic was taken of me a long time ago, but I managed to defy the gods' inane concept known as "eternity," and eventually roll it up the hill. Needless to say, they were flabbergasted. At any rate, I am sad that you don't find my efforts inspirational :(
Dats what im talking about nukka

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Updated the original post.

Melee PR
-Spamus/Eaode/and pinpoint have been removed from the PR
-Tuna added in 2nd below JesiahTEG
-Kwan added in 5th below PikaPika
-Erk added in 9th above Juni
-Viciouz moved above PikaPika
-Beta moved above Cura
-Spamus added to honorable mention

Current list
1. Jesiahteg
2. Tuna
3. Viciouz
4. Pikapika
5. Kwan
6. Minh
7. Beta
8. Cura
9. Erk
10. Juni

Brawl PR

-Leet-0 and TommyGreenshirt have been removed
-Vibe added in 8th below Moss
-SMM1 added in 9th below Vibe
-Goggles has moved above James G
-Sharky has moved to 10th
-Leet-0 and Tommy Greenshirt have been moved to honorable mentions

Current list
1. San
2. Pikapika
3. cura
4. drg
5. goggles
6. james G
7. moss
8. vibe
9. smm1
10. sharky

Other updates
-AXS date added
-2nd BEST date added
-3rd BEST Date added
- DNA APEX and SS3 removed from tournament results
- BEST Added to tournament results

I still need to add a picture for kwans DK and the PR image will be add once vibe is finished with it.

Eaode

Smash Champion
LOLOLOLOL updated prs

i know i wasnt really that good and being on the pr was a little overflattering

but now my goal is just to get back on them

cuz i honestly think spamus deserves 10 over juni if not me lol. does he even still play?

Top Bottom