• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate Battle Series- Next Battle: September 15th!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm sure you could find a better Peach, but if you don't, I wouldn't mind teaming, Umbreon. Though I haven't begun thinking about teams, yet...

D

Deleted member

jesse, would you be okay with me bringing john as my teammate?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
cornell like the university in DC? like the one i live 15 minutes from? lol

if it's only upstate NY then i'll just bring myself and i'll only enter teams. it's not fair to have just one OOS person. not that it's so stacked, and i don't expect to beat you or mike but it's still gay for like foy or goggles or w/e if i barely beat them and scrub them out when they deserve to do better.

if anyone is looking to team, i play fox/sheik and i prefer to team with high-end peach/sheik players.
Even though its only been 3 days worth of smashing. Considering that neil doesn't play smash anymore, I am the best shiek in upstate.

Also, ill probably only be entering teams if anything. Maybe ill do some kind of goofy mini boss challenge and fight whoever wins losers finals or something.

Lol @ assuming you'd beat me max. I wish I could deny that but not even my ego is that big. Lol.

Also, Jesiah! I hereby challenge you to a crew battle! However! Let's make this interesting, shall we? Since you have a group that you more or less train, and I have a groupd that I more or less train, I propose the two of us be non-playing coach-captains and see who is the best at training players and pit our teams against each other...
4 or 5 man teams can work.

Something like
Juni
Foy
Nightro
Gravy

Vs
C. Snips
A nub
ShroudedOne
Inty

I didn't say Flaw or Soma because they pretty much play with both camps equally as far as I know

So... Are ya up to the challenge?
:phone:

gravy

Smash Ace
Yo I would need a couple weeks to get off dat scrub a dub level.

gravy

Smash Ace
I clearly did not know the crew battles were going to be the day of the tournament.

huMps

Smash Ace
Also, Jesiah! I hereby challenge you to a crew battle! However! Let's make this interesting, shall we? Since you have a group that you more or less train, and I have a groupd that I more or less train, I propose the two of us be non-playing coach-captains and see who is the best at training players and pit our teams against each other...

Something like
Juni
Foy
Nightro
Gravy

Vs
C. Snips
A nub
ShroudedOne
Inty

I didn't say Flaw or Soma because they pretty much play with both camps equally as far as I know

I've Been at jesse's at least once a weak for the last couple months. And I thought Flaw goes to RIT every Wednesday and Friday?
How about you take flaw and I'll go to Jesse and have 5 vs 5?

D

Deleted member

true fact, at my first rochester tournament they had crews. i took out 3 crews by myself with real characters and the 4th i only got 18 stock because i used kirby.

the last time i played against neil in teams, he double rested me. for those cool kids that don't even know what that is, it means rest hits twice and does just under 50 damage. and yes, it kills you.

the last time i played with neil as my teammate in syracuse, i played embarrassingly terribad. that ****s not happening again.

edit: jesse is a butt humper with a smelly peepee. i see you reading and not posting at the bottom ****er.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Omg so hyped for this. The original apartment tourny was always my favorite, asked jesse to host another one and here it is lol. Me and erk will def be here.
Beta, I was actually thinking about you like every second I spent writing up the post. You asked and I delivered baby ;-)

I heard you got really good too man. Can't wait to see how you do.

Cornell wants to come but we have our usual dilemma of none of us having a car with us on campus...
Mike- First off sorry about last time we played. I was definitely upset I lost but I think I was too negative. I'd love for you to attend this time not only so I can have a rematch, (yet again lol) but just so that we could actually spend time playing with each other this time.

Is there any way you can make it up here at all? How much are bus tickets? I'm willing to pitch in for your bus ticket if you're really short on cash, and I'll even cover you for food and let you stay in my room overnight so you have an actual bed to crash on. You'll be the star player since technically you're the best player in Upstate right now. :) Plus you're a really cool guy and I want the chance to show you around Rochester/make up for my bad attitude last time we chilled. Send me a PM man with the details so we can work something out.

jesse, would you be okay with me bringing john as my teammate?
Are you kidding me? I'd love to see John again. Only if you BRING MY DS *****.

Hopefully I can break this controller in by then or be lazy like Jesse said :3
It's up to you man. Do it.

Hello gentlemen. Get ****ed by me c u there
Potential team right here? Maybe? :-P

Even though its only been 3 days worth of smashing. Considering that neil doesn't play smash anymore, I am the best shiek in upstate.

Also, ill probably only be entering teams if anything. Maybe ill do some kind of goofy mini boss challenge and fight whoever wins losers finals or something.

Lol @ assuming you'd beat me max. I wish I could deny that but not even my ego is that big. Lol.

Something like
Juni
Foy
Nightro
Gravy

Vs
C. Snips
A nub
ShroudedOne
Inty

I'm def down but we gotta look at the schedule and make sure we can fit it in.

I've Been at jesse's at least once a weak for the last couple months. And I thought Flaw goes to RIT every Wednesday and Friday?
How about you take flaw and I'll go to Jesse and have 5 vs 5?
I'd agree with taking Bobby and letting Flaw go to the other team for 5 on 5.

Lookin good so far guys, really excited. :)

D

Deleted member

seriously though i sold your DS to a chinese hooker. i'm not making this **** up.

Foy

Smash Champion
cornell like the university in DC? like the one i live 15 minutes from? lol

if it's only upstate NY then i'll just bring myself and i'll only enter teams. it's not fair to have just one OOS person. not that it's so stacked, and i don't expect to beat you or mike but it's still gay for like foy or goggles or w/e if i barely beat them and scrub them out when they deserve to do better.

if anyone is looking to team, i play fox/sheik and i prefer to team with high-end peach/sheik players.
You wont barely beat me *****. You will fall too your knees and beg for mercy brah

D

Deleted member

You wont barely beat me *****. You will fall too your knees and beg for mercy brah
money match $20? if you're judging me based on last time i went to jesse's your going to get your *** kicked horribly. unless you've gotten a LOT better i'm going to trash you.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Going to add my two cents and say that Foy's going to get scraped. :p

<3 Foy

Foy

Smash Champion
money match $20? if you're judging me based on last time i went to jesse's your going to get your *** kicked horribly. unless you've gotten a LOT better i'm going to trash you.
deal on the MM and unless you have gotten better since the last time you came up you are going to get not only trashed but thrown in the dumpster out back too be taken out later by some other random scrub.

D

Deleted member

deal on the MM and unless you have gotten better since the last time you came up you are going to get not only trashed but thrown in the dumpster out back too be taken out later by some other random scrub.
i was having some pretty serious problems at the time as well as not having played for like 6 months. even when jesse was at my house for that week and wanted to play me i just didn't want to play. it was pretty much the low point of my life, both in and out of smash. I deserved the beatings I got when I went to syracuse for being a ***** in game and in life.

back to this though, i'll MM my fox sheik marth falco zelda vs your whatever. i'll MM you all 5 times if you're stupid enough to do it, I really don't care. i beat ****ing captain jack with zelda and i've been playing the best i've ever played in my life in the last 2 weeks so bring it.

edit: you play falco right? i beat stric and kou with NESS. switch mains to someone i suck against before you do something stupid w/ your wallet.

huMps

Smash Ace
I like the discussion here.
Foy you better start training hard again, because I will definitely be rooting for you!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You should switch me out for Pyro. Crew battles are not my forte.
You're bad. You don't have a forte.

At foy v max. My moneys on max.

@jesse. Tell steffon I'm still salty about that tournament where I almost beat him with doc. I'm considering money matching him.

@crew battle. I will meticulously craft my team (aka kick alex's scrubby SDing behind to the curb) as soon as I have confirmation of the crew battle taking place.

@dustin. Why would I bring something up in this thread if its not happening at this tournament.

@max, he mains falcon as of my latest knowledge.

@everyone trying to blind themselves. Likeability does not translate to in game skill. If it did, I wouldn't still be beating everyone minus jesse steffon and mana.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
All the more reason to not have me on the crew battle. =P

Furthermore, even the worst of players have something that they are good at. So...uh...yeah. Thanks for the compliment.

EDIT: Why do you think that your skill level gives you the leeway to act the way you do? And I see no one in the thread trying to "blind" themselves about anything. You should speak more directly if you want to get your point across.

EDIT2: No, I'm awful. In the grand scheme, I am very awful.

EDIT3: .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I MUST have missed the point. Oh well.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
All the more reason to not have me on the crew battle. =P

Furthermore, even the worst of players have something that they are good at. So...uh...yeah. Thanks for the compliment.
For the record, I wanted to say that your awful, but then I realised you're still better and improving faster than everyone else we play with.

So consider it an honor that I can no longer in good faith say that you are awful at this game.

Edit 1. Because small doses of trolling are good for you're heart.
2. Because the major levels of salt mountains I create may trick some poor sap into challenging me.
3. People wanting 1 person to lose builds more hype than wanting someone to win.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
1. I'm coming to this in case it wasn't obvious.
2. Goggles sometimes I want to stab you, and I know you intend for that. Also Inty only ever comes to RIT with flaw.

gravy

Smash Ace
I feel like i am the only one completely unaffected by goggles trolling. Maybe it's because I like him IRL. Anyways, the reason I thought it wasn't tournament day is because Jesse had already laid out the schedule for tournament day, so back the **** up it was a understandable miscommunication. Also, Foy does what he wants, he's like a Scizor. And everyone knows Scizor has its way with Umbreon.

huMps

Smash Ace
I'm still trying to figure out if kyle is a **** or an *** hole!

Kyle - You kind of **** on everyone, but at the same time your ****ing alot of *** holes. hmm. . . can't be both

Shrouded ( I say your tag because I know I cant spell your name ) - your obviously playing the part of the *****. lol Stop getting ****ed and **** on!

Team America puts everything into perspective

wow, don't know why I posted this lol. You guys are both more than dirty anatomy to me I swear

gravy

Smash Ace
You just have to get good enough to take a poop on Kyle and then hell stop. You have to show your dominance to get his respect. #CesarMillanwisdom

D

Deleted member

I feel like i am the only one completely unaffected by goggles trolling. Maybe it's because I like him IRL. Anyways, the reason I thought it wasn't tournament day is because Jesse had already laid out the schedule for tournament day, so back the **** up it was a understandable miscommunication. Also, Foy does what he wants, he's like a Scizor. And everyone knows Scizor has its way with Umbreon.

Idk about the new games but in gen 4 you can do-

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Careful, Synchronize
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Payback
Protect
Curse
Wish

And you can reasonably set up on any Scizor other than the SD set. Second worst is the CB Scizor w/ SR up and you do Protect > see that opponent's U-turn misses + gain 6% > assume it's the CB set > Curse on the U-turn > Wish and set up from there. It also works in sand but you have to be more careful. If you send in Umbreon on non-Scizor and Curse as Scizor comes in, you can Curse again and he's totally helpless. I don't think you can set up Umbreon on the revenge turn with both SR and sand in play but I could be wrong there. Usually the meta based Scizor teams lack a quality phazer so you can put Umbreon into Scizor and set up 6 Curse and they'll lose because of it. I'm not sure about gen 5 but it looks like Scizor is mostly the same so it should still work. Learn2PlayAChildren'sGame.

edit: I'll bring my Tales of Symphonia file so you can see how much time I wasted on that game. I'll give you a hint, it's a ****ing lot lol.

gravy

Smash Ace
A Scizor with SD and technician and STAB boosted bug bite is going to **** umbreon 100 times out of ten. SD Scizors used to be everywhere, he outclasses the **** out of umbreon.

D

Deleted member

SD scizor would beat non-skarmory/rotom stall in general. the point is that umbreon can beat a hard counter.

...you're not very good at this, are you?

gravy

Smash Ace
Oh so my original claim still stands, yah that's weird I must be bad at this.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
My main interest in this tournament is to see just how this side of NY stacks up against each other. I want everyone here so we can really see who the best outside of NYC is. I've got no excuses this time and no one else should have any either.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You just have to get good enough to NEVER EVER LOSE, and then hell stop. You have to show your dominance to get his respect. #CesarMillanwisdom

Alternatively you can get salty enough to ban him from your house, I hear that's the only reason he stopped trash talking Jesse

Lol. Fixed for truthiness.

Also, people get mad because I intentionally hit sore spots. Everyone at rit knows that they aren't great players. I figure if I make it painfully obvious enough times, then maybe they'll be motivated to do something about it.

Also why in the hell would you start a pokemon debate with a dude who intentionally named himself Umbreon?

Ps. Still need to MM nintendude

Top Bottom