• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upick Pokémafia... Game over! 2% Milk wins!

Best milk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, hey look. All of a sudden Sang feels like participating. Suddenly she cares about the scum picks of other people and why people aren't voting, even though she left my question to her dangling without a response for days and only just a few hours ago laid her own vote down (which Red Ryu correctly observes as a totally transparent OMGUS). I guess my 1222 struck a nerve.

To keep things easy to read, I'm just gonna knock out the main points of your 1228 rather than getting into a quote war with you.

"This seems more like a case on Panta than a case on me."

It is a case on you that is based on Panta. I believe I made that pretty clear from the get go, and I also think it makes perfect sense to analyze a flipped mafioso's previous posts for information. That my 1222 revolves primarily around a Panta post rather than a specific post that you or J made is irrelevant, and trying to dismiss what I'm saying by arguing that it doesn't actually apply to you isn't going to fly. We already know Panta was scum; I don't have to convince anyone of that. I'm merely showing everyone the connection I see between the two of you. Panta being overly defensive of you is a valid point to bring up. He had mostly null/wishy-washy reads on the rest of the roster, but he went out of his way to try to dilute the negative perception that your slot was garnering. If you were town, he could have easily hopped onto your wagon without much repercussion because plenty of others were already beginning to voice suspicion of you. The smart thing for him to do would have been to just let the town destroy you, or egg them on if he could do so without being too slimy about it. But you're scum, and he was afraid that your slot would snowball into the Day's lynch if he didn't try to pump the brakes on the wagon that was forming (please forgive these mixed metaphors).

"Do you really think that we would have let Panta do that if we were scummates?"

Of course I do. It was one of Panta's first real posts of the game, and it's not like scum are a hive mind. There's no reason to believe that you would have warned him ahead of time not to do something like that. Scum make mistakes—especially newbscum like Panta. If they didn't, then this wouldn't even be a game. Alleging that scum wouldn't allow that to happen is on par with saying that scum wouldn't let town win. They try not to, but they **** up! That is what makes finding them possible!

You're also making a mistake when you say Panta was buddying you. I wasn't saying that, and that's not what he was doing. He wasn't talking to you. He wasn't trying to get you on his side or sucking up to you. He was just trying to get everyone else to stop paying attention to your scumminess.

"Is your whole scum read based on this connection to Panta?"

It's the most damning thing in my mind, but no, it isn't the only thing. In general, you're just pretty scummy. You ride the fence like it's your job (don't give me that "I'm a cautious player" crap; I don't care. It's D3, and we have flipped scum to examine. You should have some opinions.) and even though Dark Horse was pretty much begging for a rolefish with his 1146, your 1148 still sucks like a vacuum. I asked you for scumreads days ago, and you kept shrugging it off, but then you're suddenly on my *** with a vote once I start explaining why I don't like you. And you offer no other scumreads. You were clearly just waiting around for me to say what I wanted to say so that you could defend yourself. You have no sincere scum reads, because you are not hunting scum. Your OMGUS vote on me only cements that.

"Connections are stupid!"

The only reason you don't like them is because they're currently working against you. I don't blame you for being upset. You probably feel cheated because you're getting heat based more on your scumbuddy's play rather than you're own. But you're still scum. So I don't feel bad.

"You're only using posts that benefit your argument and ignore everything else!"

Yes, this is true. But it isn't scummy, like you're trying to argue. I'm not ignoring things that contradict my point; I'm ignoring things that are irrelevant to it. What do you expect me to do, quote every post in the game and explain how each one uniquely incriminates you?

Your accusation is dead in the water anyway since I vehemently urged people to actually go back and reread Day 1 to get the full context of the things I quoted. If some people are too lazy to do that, that's not my problem.

U mad. And that's understandable. But get lynched anyway.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Oh, hey look. All of a sudden Sang feels like participating. Suddenly she cares about the scum picks of other people and why people aren't voting, even though she left my question to her dangling without a response for days and only just a few hours ago laid her own vote down (which Red Ryu correctly observes as a totally transparent OMGUS). I guess my 1222 struck a nerve.
Not at all. All of my games are in the night phase and I finally have something to work off of today. I always care, but this game was so dead I haven't felt like doing anything. I'm laying my vote down because I didn't have it on anyone else. It's not OMGUS at all. You're case on me just spurred how messed up in the head you really are.

circus said:
It is a case on you that is based on Panta. I believe I made that pretty clear from the get go, and I also think it makes perfect sense to analyze a flipped mafioso's previous posts for information. That my 1222 revolves primarily around a Panta post rather than a specific post that you or J made is irrelevant, and trying to dismiss what I'm saying by arguing that it doesn't actually apply to you isn't going to fly.
Sure, you made it clear that you thought it was a post against me, but all I saw were reasons why Panta was scum. Sure, analyzing is perfectly fine, but have something else to go along with it. Yeah, it's relevant because you were supposed to be making a post about why I'm scum, not why Panta has made me to be scum. I'm not dismissing what you are saying by arguing that it doesn't apply to me. I'm arguing against it because your reasons seem like crap to me.

circus said:
We already know Panta was scum; I don't have to convince anyone of that.
Yeah, but it seemed like that's what you were doing. In fact, it still does.

circus said:
I'm merely showing everyone the connection I see between the two of you. Panta being overly defensive of you is a valid point to bring up. He had mostly null/wishy-washy reads on the rest of the roster, but he went out of his way to try to dilute the negative perception that your slot was garnering. If you were town, he could have easily hopped onto your wagon without much repercussion because plenty of others were already beginning to voice suspicion of you. The smart thing for him to do would have been to just let the town destroy you, or egg them on if he could do so without being too slimy about it. But you're scum, and he was afraid that your slot would snowball into the Day's lynch if he didn't try to pump the brakes on the wagon that was forming (please forgive these mixed metaphors).
Again, did you not see the point I had made? Panta could easily have been told by his scummates (or decided himself) to keep up the charade of thinking we were town because it would have been an easy out for scum later. For all I know, this was all planned between you and Panta after Panta started buddying up to us, albeit not explicitly and in a round-about way.

circus said:
Of course I do. It was one of Panta's first real posts of the game, and it's not like scum are a hive mind. There's no reason to believe that you would have warned him ahead of time not to do something like that. Scum make mistakes—especially newbscum like Panta. If they didn't, then this wouldn't even be a game. Alleging that scum wouldn't allow that to happen is on par with saying that scum wouldn't let town win. They try not to, but they **** up! That is what makes finding them possible!
You missed my point completely. Would we have let him continue on with it? I'm not saying scum doesn't **** up. I'm just saying you're taking things at face value and getting the wrong opinion of things completely.

circus said:
You're also making a mistake when you say Panta was buddying you. I wasn't saying that, and that's not what he was doing. He wasn't talking to you. He wasn't trying to get you on his side or sucking up to you. He was just trying to get everyone else to stop paying attention to your scumminess.
Again, you're misconstruing my point. When I said that he was buddying, it's because he felt comfortable with being able to try to get on our good side by choosing the same scum we chose and backing us up.

circus said:
It's the most damning thing in my mind, but no, it isn't the only thing. In general, you're just pretty scummy. You ride the fence like it's your job (don't give me that "I'm a cautious player" crap; I don't care. It's D3, and we have flipped scum to examine. You should have some opinions.) and even though Dark Horse was pretty much begging for a rolefish with his 1146, your 1148 still sucks like a vacuum. I asked you for scumreads days ago, and you kept shrugging it off, but then you're suddenly on my *** with a vote once I start explaining why I don't like you. And you offer no other scumreads. You were clearly just waiting around for me to say what I wanted to say so that you could defend yourself. You have no sincere scum reads, because you are not hunting scum. Your OMGUS vote on me only cements that.
It wasn't an OMGUS vote for **** sake. Get off your high horse and think for a bit. I haven't even read through. You want my scum picks? You and Vocal, possibly Inferno if I go back and look but I doubt it. Yes I know we have a scum dead but I'm not sure about either vocal or inferno, but I'm dead set on you. I don't care if Gord seemed like town after a while, but you're digging for stuff. I'm not shrugging it off. I haven't had time to read through 30 some pages of posts, especially when I'm trying to get people to realize that you are full of ****. You make it sound like everything is so obvious. I'm a cautious player because I hate lynching town members, and not being right about something pisses me off.

circus said:
"Connections are stupid!"

The only reason you don't like them is because they're currently working against you. I don't blame you for being upset. You probably feel cheated because you're getting heat based more on your scumbuddy's play rather than you're own. But you're still scum. So I don't feel bad.
Yeah, I'm feeling cheated because I'm getting heat from a person I have no affiliation with! You should be going off of my own play because, if you are town (which I highly doubt at this point), you will be sorely dissapointed when you lynch me. I don't like them because they are working against me for complete bs reasons, and because, in general, they aren't reliable as scum tells. Look at my other post as to why, because I don't feel like explaining it again.

circus said:
Yes, this is true. But it isn't scummy, like you're trying to argue. I'm not ignoring things that contradict my point; I'm ignoring things that are irrelevant to it. What do you expect me to do, quote every post in the game and explain how each one uniquely incriminates you?
Sure, go ahead and quote everything of mine that incriminates me. This is supposed to be a case on why I am scum, not why you think I am scum because of Panta and maybe a few other things.

circus said:
Your accusation is dead in the water anyway since I vehemently urged people to actually go back and reread Day 1 to get the full context of the things I quoted. If some people are too lazy to do that, that's not my problem.
So why do you feel the need to argue against me for it? Town can be lazy and stupid. I'm not saying they are, just that they can be. Right now, some of them'll likely believe anything you spout off.

circus said:
U mad. And that's understandable. But get lynched anyway.
I dislike arrogance, and I can't wait to see this bite you in the ***.

If I get lynched today (and it may or may not be likely), I urge people to really look at Circus. What has he done toDay that has really helped town? What else, besides the Panta-scumbuddy case on me, has he done to help town? (Circus, don't reply because I know all you'll say is getting rid of scum). It's not a quote war. It's me making sure I'm not misconstruing any of your points.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Not to me. It's not simply because Circus voted her, but that she needs to throw doubt on Circus in order to alleviate the pressure on her.
And how is trying to alleviate the pressure on me scummy if I think Circus is scum? Would town just willingly let themselves be lynched knowing it was wrong? If so, then I've been doing it wrong.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And how is trying to alleviate the pressure on me scummy if I think Circus is scum? Would town just willingly let themselves be lynched knowing it was wrong? If so, then I've been doing it wrong.
Did I say you thought Circus was scum? I don't see anywhere I said that. I don't see anywhere I said you're town either.

Sang, in a hypothetical situation where I was modkilled right now because God told the mod to do so and I flipped scum, who would you look at to be my mate?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Did I say you thought Circus was scum? I don't see anywhere I said that. I don't see anywhere I said you're town either.

Sang, in a hypothetical situation where I was modkilled right now because God told the mod to do so and I flipped scum, who would you look at to be my mate?
No, but I did, and you are obviously missing that point. And I know you aren't saying I'm town. Your condescending tone is not lost on me. I'm just saying that there are two sides to that argument.

I don't care for meta or looking at connections. I wouldn't specifically look at anyone, and that is a hard question for me to answer in the first place because I don't think you are scum. You seem aloof and not really connected to anybody in particular.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying that connections don't matter, and I'm not trying to make the point stick. I'm backing up my point, letting everyone know that I'm not just making some random point in order to help myself. I'm saying I don't see the benefit of them, I don't like them, and I suck at making them and don't trust myself to make the correct assumption.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh noes!

Suddenly, a meteor fell from the sky.

"Watch out!" somebody screamed, and everybody scrambled out of the way of the oncoming meteor.

Everybody... except one person.

Dark Horse. He seemed to be, as you might say, "afk."

BAM! The meteor hit him.... ... her... dead on. Nothing remained but her hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApPJACXCdoM&feature=player_detailpage#t=8s

Dark Horse, Jynx, Vanilla Townie, has been modkilled!

Day 3 continues. Votecount has been RESET due to a decrease in the number of votes required to lynch.

Votecount:

Circus
Red Ryu
SangfroidWarrior
Inferno3044
Vocal
Raziek
Ryker

Not voting: Circus, SangfroidWarrior, Inferno3044, Vocal, Raziek

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline has been set to Monday, September 5th, 11:59 PM EST.

Will send out prods tonight if necessary.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh my god. You have no idea how excited I am that the Day didn't end. I thought this was going to be Royal Sleepover all over again.

Vote: SangfroidWarrior

Sure, go ahead and quote everything of mine that incriminates me. This is supposed to be a case on why I am scum, not why you think I am scum because of Panta and maybe a few other things.
You misunderstood what I said. It was a rhetorical question. My point was that you were acting like I needed to find scummy things about you in every post of the game in order to have a valid argument. That I can't exclude any posts, because otherwise I'm "ignoring" things that might contradict what I'm saying. But I'm not.

I dislike arrogance, and I can't wait to see this bite you in the ***.
I'll take this as a confession. Town would never say this. If I were truly wrong about you, then you wouldn't be excited about dying so that I would be proved wrong. Because that would be very bad for your town win condition. You're just baring your fangs at me and hoping I start doubting myself.

I'm not arrogant. I'm aware of my limitations as a Mafia player. I just feel very, very confident in the read I have on you.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Circus. If I get lynched and flip town, who are you going to look at?
A few hours later....

I don't care for meta or looking at connections. I wouldn't specifically look at anyone, and that is a hard question for me to answer in the first place because I don't think you are scum. You seem aloof and not really connected to anybody in particular.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also, lol @ even the thought that Ryker could be scum at this point.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@1253. I'm not expecting you to find something scummy in every post, I just dislike that your entire basis as to why I'm scum is Panta and you don't look at anything else really, instead chosing to say that I've just been scummy this entire game. I'm saying I can't wait for that arrogance to come and bite you in general. It would make my day to see that. Now, you're looking too far into things. I'm not excited about dying. I'm excited about teaching you a lesson, provided you are town and legitimately think I'm scum instead of scum finding an easly lynch. You emit your arrogance through "U mad?"

@1254. I'm asking you who else you think is scum and who you are going to look at as scum. I see no connection between the two posts. Except for the fact that I misread mate to be meta... -_- HAHAHAHAHAHA WOW FAIL.

Okay, Ryker, let me answer that again. Now I understand where you were coming from where you said I was ignoring things. I'm sorry. I would still look at Circus to be your mate because I still feel Circus is scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not to me. It's not simply because Circus voted her, but that she needs to throw doubt on Circus in order to alleviate the pressure on her.
He voted Circus because he made a case on him to make his push back looks stronger.

That looks like OMGUS to me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@sang- it clears panta because of his stubbornness to not move his vote off of him D1. As I said, I highly doubt panta would bus his scummate. Because of that I think he is town. Honestly you have been fairly null to me this whole game. Im still thinking of who I think is scum.

@RR- I asked you if vocal's VT claim is the sole reason that you wanna lynch him. Please answer that for me.

:phone:
No his interaction to ignore Zen and his push on him point that to scum for me at this time.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@RR. Again, I stated my reasons. If he thought I was scum for legitimate reasons then I wouldn't care so much. As it is, read the last paragraph of my post and it will explain why I'm voting him. He is the first person toDay that has really struck me as scum. I will do an ISO of him later (along with making my other scum picks) and make a case on him if need be. What do you think of his post? What do you think of calling somebody scum based solely off connections? I see no benefit of doing so.

What are your scumpicks?
...umm this doesnt make sense to me.

So if he made it for illegitimate reasons you would care more?

Scum picks are you and Vocal atm. No one else seems to stick out more than you two to me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Sang, so why shouldn't I lynch you? Ignoring the WIFOM of it's you pleading your own case, I don't see your merits.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Votecount 3.0000001

Circus :pokeball: SangfroidWarrior
Red Ryu
SangfroidWarrior :pokeball: :pokeball: Circus, Inferno3044
Inferno3044
Vocal
Raziek
Ryker

Not voting: Red Ryu, Vocal, Raziek, Ryker

Raziek was prodded last night.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@Ryker. Because I'm not scum. Because you would be making a mistake. Becuase, contrary to popular belief, I am trying to help town. Because, even though you had me on your scum list before this fiasco, the only reason you're seriously considering lynching my over Vocal is because you believe Circus's post and don't see any of the points in my valid arguments. Because Circus is being scummy and nobody else is seeing it. I could go on. Honestly, I know nothing I say in defense for myself will change your vote. So, I ask that you go back and re-read, keeping an open mind and leaving out any prejudices. I am not the scum you are looking for.

@RR. So, I take it you don't plan on answering any of my questions? Becuase, even though you say some of that was fluff, those are questions that I really wish you would answer.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@Inferno. Who do you think is scum? And, by that I mean, I want your own scum picks, because lately you have been very washy on your scum picks and, of the ones put up for vote toDay, you place washy stances like "I don't know" or "I like this side better" and you don't offer your own opinions or your own scum picks. Give me something to go off of. Give me at least 2 scum picks and a reason why that is your own and not "I like this person's argument against him."

Inferno3044

Smash Master
@Inferno. Who do you think is scum? And, by that I mean, I want your own scum picks, because lately you have been very washy on your scum picks and, of the ones put up for vote toDay, you place washy stances like "I don't know" or "I like this side better" and you don't offer your own opinions or your own scum picks. Give me something to go off of. Give me at least 2 scum picks and a reason why that is your own and not "I like this person's argument against him."
If you want me to be honest, I was gonna wait for the next day to put out some of my own scum picks but I guess I'll tell who I think are the two remaining scum.

My first pick is Red Ryu. Let's start with D1. Big thing that hit me there was his fake post condition. He said he faked it because he was "trying to get reads" but misleading the town in generally anti-town. His consistent vote on Zen mainly for his fake posting condition is another reason. There is no reason to be butthurt over a that, especially if it was fake. Next, he openly said D2 for Joey to protect WL from status ailments. Easy way for scum to get a guaranteed status ailment in. To me, I'm guessing that action was confusing Vocal. Today, it's him picking on Vocal. Yes he shouldn't have claimed VT but atm I believe him. Also his reason for voting him is because of his attack on Zen to state his scum picks, but he himself was voting for Zen for a much dumber reason. Vocal is an easy target to take advantage of and I think he's town. Also Zen and Gheb, two people that flipped town, thought RR was scum. I feel like it should be put into consideration.

My second pick is you, Sang. You might call this a weak claim but my reason on you is basically process of elimination. I think Red Ryu is scum and basically everyone else is town. You are left with the 2nd scum slot.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
So, you've gone through the entire list of people and think that everyone is town? Even Raziek? But alright. Thank you for your input. Come on, if you think everyone else is town, there must be some reason you think I'm scum. Process of elimination isn't bad, but there must be something to keep you from thinking I'm town.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
So, you've gone through the entire list of people and think that everyone is town? Even Raziek? But alright. Thank you for your input. Come on, if you think everyone else is town, there must be some reason you think I'm scum. Process of elimination isn't bad, but there must be something to keep you from thinking I'm town.
Honestly, you have just been null to me this whole game. I have no idea why you are surprised I think Raziek is town. Regardless, I'm going to vote one of my scum choices.

Vote: Sang

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, you have just been null to me this whole game. I have no idea why you are surprised I think Raziek is town. Regardless, I'm going to vote one of my scum choices.
I'm just surprised because I remember nothing from him that sticks out to me as town or scum, or even WL for that matter. Speaking of which, him and Ryker are neighbors. Forgot about that. Not necessarily cleared for each other but Raziek being here would really help.

@RR. I went back and looked through a few posts and there seems to be one point when Inferno votes for somebody because of that said person making a case on him that he didn't like and backed it up. You didn't call him out on it, and yet you choose to call me out? Why?

@Ryker. Since WL has claimed that you two are neighbors, do you feel that Raziek is town? You probably have the best insight as to his allignment and I would like your opinion on the matter.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Or I was at Work Sang. I read at work but rarely post from there.

Yes connections can matter a lot when scum hunting, if people were attacking each other in a manor and one flipped scum more likely the other person was town. Yes scum can bus and buddy people, this is what you read into figuring out when you play mafia.

Also Sang is at L-1 no one else vote.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
And you didn't feel the need to bring it up when you got home?

Maybe it's just that I'm still learning but, although I see how it could help a case against somebody, I don't see why it should be the only reason to think somebody is scum. It leaves a lot of room for error.

I'm at L-2. Inferno voted like twice for me after it was reset.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Votecount 3.0002

Circus :pokeball: SangfroidWarrior
Red Ryu
SangfroidWarrior :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: Circus, Inferno3044, Red Ryu
Inferno3044
Vocal
Raziek
Ryker

Not voting: Vocal, Raziek, Ryker

Top Bottom