• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
By the way, as of now, I'm choosing not to lynch; don't see a valid reason as of now, as Kary isn't speaking 100% of her comments in Korean, and Marissa doesn't seem like scum. This doesn't mean that I'm not curious about what her role is in the game, because I very much am.
??? It's d1 were lynching someone and your vote needs to reflect the best lynch, otherwise start digging on someone.

Get off the fence, there's not enough room up there for all of us. If not maven my vote goes here

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
The defense of Marisa’s slot from some of the players here is weird. Not all of you can be scum, so I am not saying with any certainty that any of you are because of it, but the defense seems groundless and is getting in the way. Bottom line: Marisa is 100% a puppet role of sorts based on the context of how they joined the game as well as their empty posting history/lack there of. The last time this kind of role was used, it was part of an independent abomination in Persona 4 mafia. From my point of view, this slot could be a serious menace and isn’t withstanding of criticism. That said, it is eerie to me that players like Shish, Doop, Pokechu are quick to join Marisa’s defense.
I can't speak for anyone else but I don't feel very strongly any way about keeping the slot. It's moreso just annoying that people spend time talking about it rather than "real" stuff. Maven's guilty of this. I'd rather scumhunt as normal and lynch if we have trouble compromising.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just woke up from a 3 hour nap (kind of groggy), but:

The defense of Marisa’s slot from some of the players here is weird. Not all of you can be scum, so I am not saying with any certainty that any of you are because of it, but the defense seems groundless and is getting in the way. Bottom line: Marisa is 100% a puppet role of sorts based on the context of how they joined the game as well as their empty posting history/lack there of. The last time this kind of role was used, it was part of an independent abomination in Persona 4 mafia. From my point of view, this slot could be a serious menace and isn’t withstanding of criticism. That said, it is eerie to me that players like Shish, Doop, Pokechu are quick to join Marisa’s defense.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary , why wouldn’t I vote for you?
By your own logic, why would we lynch a indie role, which is likely a puppet anyway, in a 13p* game? We don't win by lynching indies. Even if it's a generally anti-town indie, the cost of a lynch on the slot in a 13p game is pretty severe.

Not really sure why my stating that lynching purely of the basis of role is dumb constitutes a defense to you. "We should focus on the scummiest players" is not typically a contentious statement. If you want to lynch a slot purely on set-up spec about what it might be, then yeah, I am definitely going to get in the way of that, because it's a terrible idea. If it becomes the scummiest slot, I'm all for lynching it, but I don't think anyone's actually said that it is.

Forgetting about that slot, where is your head at in reference to Maven, Kary, S2, and Vult?

*if it's a puppet then we have 13p, not 14

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Isn't it a given that I'm going to be active in RVS? Seems a waste of an interaction.

Can you just do me a solid and say what you meant by this post:

Kinda gets butchered in translation. Thanks.
To be frank, it isn’t a guarantee. You were not much involved in RVS for BIM 3 or Mario Mafia. Very quick to the punch in both IIRC.

But I’m not saying that you couldn’t have a change of heart here and just be having fun with RVS banter. Which would be fine. Character development is great.

My response in Korean was “why not? I do this for all Korean women,” which was me jokingly implying that I favor Korean women (and the subsequent reasoning for my vote).

What’s confusing me is that you have made a determination that I am scum based on my posts thus far. I don’t understand why you think I would not vote for you in RVS since I’m certain this isn’t our first rodeo. What was it in our culmination of interactions made you think I am likely scum?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Do you have anything to add? Because it feels like you're taking a backseat in this game so far.
??? It's d1 were lynching someone and your vote needs to reflect the best lynch, otherwise start digging on someone.

Get off the fence, there's not enough room up there for all of us. If not maven my vote goes here
Damn, okay. Didn't realize that we were actually PLAYING now. I never said I wasn't gonna lynch, just said that the evidence for Kary and Marissa was pretty s**t if you ask me. Sure, Marissa is weird, but I'm not pegging her as scum off the bat, and speaking in Korean doesn't meet s**t about being scum either. Now that we actually have some SOLID BUILDUP though, I'm ready to make a lynching call. Damn guys, I was only trying to give them benefit of the doubt. Not saying that they couldn't be mafia yet, just that the reasoning was nowhere near lynch worthy.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
By your own logic, why would we lynch a indie role, which is likely a puppet anyway, in a 13p* game? We don't win by lynching indies. Even if it's a generally anti-town indie, the cost of a lynch on the slot in a 13p game is pretty severe.

Not really sure why my stating that lynching purely of the basis of role is dumb constitutes a defense to you. "We should focus on the scummiest players" is not typically a contentious statement. If you want to lynch a slot purely on set-up spec about what it might be, then yeah, I am definitely going to get in the way of that, because it's a terrible idea. If it becomes the scummiest slot, I'm all for lynching it, but I don't think anyone's actually said that it is.

Forgetting about that slot, where is your head at in reference to Maven, Kary, S2, and Vult?

First part of this post is thumbs down. We should be lynching any scum, doesn’t matter if it’s Indy or not.

Second part is fine. We should be looking for more than just set up speculation. My concern is that people could be giving the puppet a walk...I want to see more opinions from it and see what direction it wants to go in.

DtJ S2n DtJ S2n why the sudden interjection? :thinking emoji:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

I would've said more about Marissa, but Dooplissity Dooplissity already said everything I wanted to say on that matter. Marissa is definitely a puppet, this much we know. However, because she is just a puppet role, I have high confidence that Nabe wouldn't make a puppet be the scum; Marissa more than likely has an important role that Nabe was unable to give a player, so putting it in a puppet to compensate wouldn't be out of the park. BECAUSE OF THIS, there is a good chance that Marissa is not actually scum, no matter how suspicious she may be, nor how our curiousity grows abiut her role.

And once again Korean means nothing (probably).

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
indies are explicitly not scum though :d Whatever, I suppose it's not that important. I mostly want your thoughts on those 4 slots.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
My response in Korean was “why not? I do this for all Korean women,” which was me jokingly implying that I favor Korean women (and the subsequent reasoning for my vote).
Okay, so it's just a joke and you didn't actually explain the RVS vote. Which is fair enough.

You had me confused because I didn't start posting in Korean until after your vote, so it can't be the reason for it.

likely scum?
*possibly

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would've said more about Marissa, but Dooplissity Dooplissity already said everything I wanted to say on that matter. Marissa is definitely a puppet, this much we know. However, because she is just a puppet role, I have high confidence that Nabe wouldn't make a puppet be the scum; Marissa more than likely has an important role that Nabe was unable to give a player, so putting it in a puppet to compensate wouldn't be out of the park. BECAUSE OF THIS, there is a good chance that Marissa is not actually scum, no matter how suspicious she may be, nor how our curiousity grows abiut her role.

what makes you think having an alt-account as a puppet is totally outlandish as a Scum role? We don't know if Marisa counts for endgame checks, or even has valid voting powers. It seems fairly plausible as any alignment to me, which is why I'd rather sort it later based on its content.

I'd like your thoughts on [Vult, Maven, Kary, S2] as well.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
indies are explicitly not scum though :d Whatever, I suppose it's not that important. I mostly want your thoughts on those 4 slots.
Serial Killers are scum for example. In general I am not a fan of indies but wouldn't be opposed to hearing one out. Your opinion on this is interesting because most Town would not be quick to trust an Independent. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Vult is fine, no solid opinion on S2n or Maven, I have stated my opinion on Kary.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Okay, so it's just a joke and you didn't actually explain the RVS vote. Which is fair enough.

You had me confused because I didn't start posting in Korean until after your vote, so it can't be the reason for it.

*possibly
Yes, my justification was banter.

I don't see the fundamental flaw in voting for you out the gate though.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Serial Killers are scum for example. In general I am not a fan of indies but wouldn't be opposed to hearing one out. Your opinion on this is interesting because most Town would not be quick to trust an Independent. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Vult is fine, no solid opinion on S2n or Maven, I have stated my opinion on Kary.
i see now that we define scum differently

To be perfectly clear, I don't inherently trust indies. They do **** Town over sometimes. I just don't think it's wise to prioritize them over Mafia, who **** town over always.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Basically anything that doesn't share a win condition with Town is scum. Whether or not we trust Indies largely hinges on other variables.

Not to spread myself too thin here, but you've got me curious.

You say you have high confidence that Nabe would not make the puppet scum. However, Nabe actually did make a puppet scum in Persona 4 mafia, which was the first and last of its kind up until now.

Regardless, as far as I know, you're new to Mafia in DGames and have no history with us. You speak as though you are very familiar with Nabe though as well as what he would do. That said, could you elaborate on what is giving you this high confidence?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yes, my justification was banter.

I don't see the fundamental flaw in voting for you out the gate though.
There's nothing wrong with the vote. It just felt like the sort of thing you might have put some thought into. Like, 'Let's RVS vote Kary, that guy's an idiot'.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
There's nothing wrong with the vote. It just felt like the sort of thing you might have put some thought into. Like, 'Let's RVS vote Kary, that guy's an idiot'.

I'm not sure what to make of this. For the record though, I do not think you are an idiot.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I think a little clarity would be welcome from me. No player slot in this game is secretly me posting in the game. To go one step further, every player in this game is playing exactly one role. This is a 14-player game with 14 roles played by 14 people.

Furthermore, this post was not requested by anyone, and is not commentary on the gameplay in any way. It simply occurs to me that for most game mods who aren't me, that kind of information could be assumed to be true without clarification. Since I am me, I think that this is fair information to provide.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Last post of the night. Open letter to Dooplissity Dooplissity . Vult has actually done a great job at remaining neutral with his thoughts, agreeing with most everyone on their lynching plans, but that's about all I have on him. Maven has disapeared as of late, however they were quick to label Marissa as the outsider to put up for lynching. No opinion on S2 despite his accusation on me. Kary, though, Korean aside, has been rather quick to push the scum-envelope onto others, and can easily be seen trying to push the fame along, not that it's a bad thing.
We already know that there is something strange about Marissa.

Do you have anything to add? Because it feels like you're taking a backseat in this game so far.
You simply can't have 13 different options, and you aren't required to give new reasoning if valid reasoning already exists and the leftovers aren't great and will end you up as a lynching possibility. I also feel like speaking in Korean could possibly be a form of reverse-reverse psychology; putting youself out there by speaking an entirely different language to make yourself seem outlandish, when mafia tend to try to blend in. However, that wasn't my main point, merely the leftover argument.

You say you have high confidence that Nabe would not make the puppet scum. However, Nabe actually did make a puppet scum in Persona 4 mafia, which was the first and last of its kind up until now.

Regardless, as far as I know, you're new to Mafia in DGames and have no history with us. You speak as though you are very familiar with Nabe though as well as what he would do. That said, could you elaborate on what is giving you this high confidence?
Point well taken; I suppose I don't know if a shell character could be scum. That was just a conclusion that would have

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
push the fame along
Game*

As in attempting to artificially increase the tension; notice how many more accusations happened tonight. It was bound to happen; the game is finally picking up pace and I can actually start playing. Kary just seemed to be singlehandedly trying to get her way with steering the accusations, quick to reflect anything that came her way.

Vote: Kary

Subject to change

Why should I not vote here?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Basically anything that doesn't share a win condition with Town is scum.
this is totally irrelevant, but @others, is this standard terminology for dgames? because I am used to scum = mafia, and I can see scum = roles town needs to kill to win, but this definition is

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
(****ing laptop touchpad)

...this definition is new to me and i find that really fascinating

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I think a little clarity would be welcome from me. No player slot in this game is secretly me posting in the game. To go one step further, every player in this game is playing exactly one role. This is a 14-player game with 14 roles played by 14 people.

Furthermore, this post was not requested by anyone, and is not commentary on the gameplay in any way. It simply occurs to me that for most game mods who aren't me, that kind of information could be assumed to be true without clarification. Since I am me, I think that this is fair information to provide.
I'm still confused why this player was added more or less in secret then. Or at least that is how it felt. Randomly added, no mention of them joining in the thread; flavor implies there are 13 players in the game, yet there are now 14? Why is Marisa in the #5 slot and not the #14th slot?

You'll have to forgive everyone here for not trusting you when it comes to throwing curve balls in set ups.

Marisa Kirisame

Smash Cadet
1. I do not wanna talk about my role any further than I need to, any further prodding and I assume you're rolefishing for no good reason

Umm I mean ~da Ze

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Actually not sure if the mod can answer that last post so I'm just gonna leave it, but they can elaborate if they want.

I am going to functionally assume Marisa is just another player and roll with it.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
DtJ S2n DtJ S2n why the sudden interjection? :thinking emoji:
because I think both Kary and poke made a reach to pull something out of nothing with your rvs vote and why would you have said literally anything else. The interjection is to punctuate this when your expected response comes and leads to literally nothing.

Puppets? Alice might know a thing or two about this...
This isn't relevant and still self centered content. Post about somebody else and vote.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm not sure what to make of this. For the record though, I do not think you are an idiot.
well, I kind of am, but anyways.

Personally I think you're more likely to vote me as scum than you are as town, but I'll be the first to admit that could be wrong. But it was RVS so who cares.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer

Last post of the night. Open letter to Dooplissity Dooplissity . Vult has actually done a great job at remaining neutral with his thoughts, agreeing with most everyone on their lynching plans, but that's about all I have on him. Maven has disapeared as of late, however they were quick to label Marissa as the outsider to put up for lynching. No opinion on S2 despite his accusation on me. Kary, though, Korean aside, has been rather quick to push the scum-envelope onto others, and can easily be seen trying to push the fame along, not that it's a bad thing.

You simply can't have 13 different options, and you aren't required to give new reasoning if valid reasoning already exists and the leftovers aren't great and will end you up as a lynching possibility. I also feel like speaking in Korean could possibly be a form of reverse-reverse psychology; putting youself out there by speaking an entirely different language to make yourself seem outlandish, when mafia tend to try to blend in. However, that wasn't my main point, merely the leftover argument.

Point well taken; I suppose I don't know if a shell character could be scum. That was just a conclusion that would have
But I don't know who you are voting still and you posted all this and I still don't know where you stand.
It looks like a bunch of neutral reads unless your vult read is stronger than implied.

Marisa Kirisame

Smash Cadet
konnichiwa marisa-san. You may be the most interesting person here but please talk less about yourself, your ego is showing.
Guilty as charged! It's a lot of fun but I'm glad some things are squared away now. I don't have much experience when it comes to this website, so a lot of these faces are unfamiliar to me, but I do have a question directed towards you about this umm..Veteran status? If we're speaking in context your comment about this got me curious, because I don't know how much weigh this status has negatively or positively. You said that Maven should know better, but what about Bardull (who I assume fits into this as he's a Moderator) making accusations towards me but did not vote unlike Maven? To me, The act of voting in that position looks better than pointing the finger ~Ka

Marisa Kirisame

Smash Cadet
cool, let's talk useful things

thoughts on [Vult, Maven, Kary, S2]?
Left me incomplete based on our talk, Cautious!
Had a lot of grit shown in his vote towards me, like the fiery attitude!?
Misunderstood at best and not a threat ahaha~
Has good taste in cute witches but need to inquire more...

BarDulL

Town Vampire
because I think both Kary and poke made a reach to pull something out of nothing with your rvs vote and why would you have said literally anything else. The interjection is to punctuate this when your expected response comes and leads to literally nothing
You heard my response to Kary.

Re: Pokechu, Pokechu a has tendency to do this. Whenever someone gets suspicious of Pokechu, I call it "chuspicious" because Pokechu tends to seemingly overextend (be it a defense of a slot or otherwise) based on tone and there's always another player that, in my opinion, gets reasonably suspicious of them. It's not a pass from me by any means, but feel free to poke away.

Personally I think you're more likely to vote me as scum than you are as town, but I'll be the first to admit that could be wrong. But it was RVS so who cares.
In short, I don't know why you think I would be more prone to voting for you as scum than as Town (I don't recall voting for you in RVS as the Indy abomination in Mario Mafia for example), so I'm not sure if I trust you at your word here.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Left me incomplete based on our talk, Cautious!
Had a lot of grit shown in his vote towards me, like the fiery attitude!?
Misunderstood at best and not a threat ahaha~
Has good taste in cute witches but need to inquire more...
so is

Null
Lean Town
Lean Town
Null

a fair interpretation of that?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ehh, actually, I don't think I've seen Pokechu overextend aggressively though. Usually it's just a defense of another player. Hmm. Let me give it a look.

Pokechu Pokechu what is the inherent problem with my vote on Kary?

Top Bottom