• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
These are the posts that annoy me btw:
After Nabe's own play back in Phantom Mafia, I'm not willing to risk it with supposed posting restrictions. Either Kary is faking it or she's an annoying liability.
I'm not saying she's basing herself off of that though. In fact, I doubt anyone present in that game would be dumb enough to risk a gamble like that after it was used to such an effective result. A surprise attack works only once after all.
That is even assuming she's faking it but as I said I'm not gonna risk the whole game on whether I believe a posting restriction.
How can someone contribute if we can't even understand what they're saying lol
These were posted in a timeframe where Kary was also posting about stuff. Translate isn't that hard. It just looks like an excuse to have a vote out there.

I think I would be less annoyed if he followed through after Kary started posting in English. He kind of implies that Kary faking it is anti-town but when Kary posts in English he drops the wagon immediately:

Vote: Opossum

Kary has decided to post normally and I think Marisa is something for us to deal with later. Opo only popped up and dropped a vote on me and I guess that's somewhat OMGUS but he does suck if he thinks the Brawl theme is good :^)
It doesn't FEEL genuine.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I can see why Vult has his read on Shish but I'm townreading Shish. He usually does try to place votes out D1 and his "no tolerance" with Kary's Korean reminds me of his attitude (not attitude as being rude just how he went about things) in other games and his usual policies.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I can see why Vult has his read on Shish but I'm townreading Shish. He usually does try to place votes out D1 and his "no tolerance" with Kary's Korean reminds me of his attitude (not attitude as being rude just how he went about things) in other games and his usual policies.
You think he would switch his vote immediately though?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm not going for a Shish wagon right now. I felt more or less the same about Kary's Korean stuff; after Star Wars mafia I'm never again going to trust someone claiming any kind of posting restriction, or acting like they're under one. So I can understand why Shish felt the way he did about Kary early on, and why he would reconsider once they dropped the Korean.

I still think going for an inactive is the best move right now, I'm not seeing anything else at the moment. So I'll go with the people going for a compromise and
Vote: Maven

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I do share the sentiment that we shouldn't compromise on Maven though. The dude is just busy LOL don't wanna see him lynched until we have reason to because as of now nothing is setting him apart from anyone else like Poyzin (unless he popped up and posted)

You think he would switch his vote immediately though?
Yeah, I believe it. At the time Opo had only one post to his and IIRC and it was Day 1. I think Shish put that vote out just to pressure Opo (and since Opo was inactive, others would have followed suit, which I think he did get a few more votes on him? Only read a bit of the last page). I see his Opo vote the same as Shish's vote on me right at the start, nothing to take seriously.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, as someone who's played lots of games with Shish in the past, nothing stood out as overly weird.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
also I may not be around for most of today, and won't be here for deadline, since it's at 2am and 2am is kinda a bad time for me. So don't cause too much trouble while I'm out. :p

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Now Moy is voting??? I don't like this Maven wagon.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
also I may not be around for most of today, and won't be here for deadline, since it's at 2am and 2am is kinda a bad time for me. So don't cause too much trouble while I'm out. :p
on second thoughts, being that I probably won't be around much, the better option is probably to
Unvote
just in case anything new comes up while I'm out.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I can see us doing great things together. Vote: Shishoe

Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Pokechu Pokechu join plz??? While everyone else is "compromising" on Maven we can get the votes to lynch someone who's actually suspicious.
I'm not going for a Shish wagon right now. I felt more or less the same about Kary's Korean stuff; after Star Wars mafia I'm never again going to trust someone claiming any kind of posting restriction, or acting like they're under one. So I can understand why Shish felt the way he did about Kary early on, and why he would reconsider once they dropped the Korean.

I still think going for an inactive is the best move right now, I'm not seeing anything else at the moment. So I'll go with the people going for a compromise and
Vote: Maven
I share Pokechu's and Moy's sentiment on Shish as during that period we believed Kary was under a posting restriction, and after the Star Wars mafia we held it wasn't to surprising to be suspicious. Though I will say that I am not suspicious of Kary after she explained she was playing around and wasn't under a restriction.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I do share the sentiment that we shouldn't compromise on Maven though. The dude is just busy LOL don't wanna see him lynched until we have reason to because as of now nothing is setting him apart from anyone else like Poyzin (unless he popped up and posted)
I'm willing to give maven the benefit of the doubt that he's just busy, but I also don't want to run into a Bowie situation again LOL. But also I'm getting a really strong town vibes from S2 and he's voting for him which is why I'm more okay with that Lynch.

Vult Redux Vult Redux Thank you for providing the quotes about shish, it's hard for me to decide if that's scummy behavior or is something that could be chalked up to as Meta. Do you think Utopia is town?

This game is very confusing to me at the moment and I wish we had a little more time.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
unofficial votecount

kary [2] bardull, poyzin
maven [3] stu, doops, kary
oppo [2] shish, fire
mirasa [1] maven
shish [2] marisa, vult
not voting [4] poke, glg, oppo, moydow

total 14p

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary I have to say I really like your questions. They feel.... productive and insightful. I feel like we're kind of seeing eye to eye on things.

But.... like why Maven? Have other players really contributed more?

D

Deleted member

These were posted in a timeframe where Kary was also posting about stuff. Translate isn't that hard. It just looks like an excuse to have a vote out there.
Speak for yourself but having to open a tab constantly or keeping an extra one open just to translate posts that could already be in English is not easy.
Not to mention that I usually open all pages in the thread before leaving somewhere where I don't have an internet connection.

But regardless, Kary has stopped and I like how she has contributed ever since.
Right now, I think we should make inactives talk.
I don't like how Opo only started to speak after I pushed his wagon harder but that's whatever, I find what he did share about his role curious and it doesn't seem anti-town based on what I know.
Maven is the only one not really speaking but he claims it's work, right? I'll leave my vote on him until he speaks again then.

Vote Maven

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
But.... like why Maven? Have other players really contributed more?
Maven is clearly phoning it in. Maybe that's because he's legitimately busy, I don't know. I don't really care, either. We ought to lynch someone, and for reasons that aren't apparent to me you think Opossum is a bad choice. Those are the two players who have posted the least, who have done the least to post something I can work with, they are who I am defaulting towards.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
even more curious what you get from it. Am I missing something about the meta here and bardull should normally be kissing up to Kary?
Naw. I don't get anything from it. Kary hasn't played in a while so I can see why Bard would RVS vote her. But then he went on to post this
Kary is thumbs down.
And never expanded on it. It was before she started speaking English but we have no commentary from him on what he thought while she was posting Korean. Not sure what he said this in reference to (I'm assuming he was agreeing with Vult in putting votes on her) and he still has his vote on Kary (would make sense if he was agreeing with Vult but Vult has moved on), even though deadline is about four hours, and he's left it at an RVS vote joking about how he likes Korean women, despite real votes being made.

That said, it is eerie to me that players like Shish, Doop, Pokechu are quick to join Marisa’s defense.
What have I said in Marisa's defense?

Ehh, actually, I don't think I've seen Pokechu overextend aggressively though. Usually it's just a defense of another player. Hmm. Let me give it a look.

Pokechu Pokechu what is the inherent problem with my vote on Kary?
There's not a real problem. Most other RVS was a stated reason (shish vs opo over the brawl theme). I don't think I was being aggressive about it, just agreeing that I was curious to hear why you put it on Kary

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Maven is clearly phoning it in. Maybe that's because he's legitimately busy, I don't know. I don't really care, either. We ought to lynch someone, and for reasons that aren't apparent to me you think Opossum is a bad choice. Those are the two players who have posted the least, who have done the least to post something I can work with, they are who I am defaulting towards.
Vult thinks Opo is a bad choice because of this post
I can see why the timing seems suspicious, but it was just a coincidence. :p

Anyway, to provide something useful to the town, I'm still not sure what to think of the Touhou role issue. I'm getting some alarm bells. I won't disclose my full role as of yet, but I'll say just one relevant bit. One bit of my role claims that if what I do is successful, I can't die at night from "traditional means." Specifying this, to me, seems to all but confirm there's some sort of non-traditional means of night killing, and given all the weirdness surrounding the Touhou role, it's something to keep in mind.
I recall Vult stated it seemed inherently town and I think Opo was the first to provide details about his role? Don't quote me pokechu, 2018

I'm not exactly sure what wagon I like as of now, still deciding, I usually have trouble voting anyways so I rarely do it but I'm looking to fix that since people cap on me for it :laugh:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Shish (Marisa, Vult)
Marisa (Maven)
Maven (S2n, Doop, Kary, Shish)
Kary (Bard, Poyzin)
Opo (Shish, Fire)
Deadline in three hours and Maven has the lead by 2, but I don't think he was doing anything scummy. I don't have another wagon to suggest right now so it's not like I'm providing anything LOL but still makes me pout. I liked his 211 and found it in character for him.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Vult thinks Opo is a bad choice because of this post
I recall Vult stated it seemed inherently town and I think Opo was the first to provide details about his role? Don't quote me pokechu, 2018

I'm not exactly sure what wagon I like as of now, still deciding, I usually have trouble voting anyways so I rarely do it but I'm looking to fix that since people cap on me for it :laugh:
I said this like Vult's post wasn't just like five above mine oops

If I HAD to vote for someone it'd be for Moydow, because I'm more confident in voting Opo or Maven because a scum!Moy is harder to detect, and she hasn't contributed anything and has just been "there", but I'd feel bad voting her out as she already said she wouldn't be here for deadline. Because of this (and how she's still more present than Opo and Maven) I'd be more inclined to vote Opo or Maven (despite reading his post in-character) because everyone else seems good in my book too, and these two are the least active.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I said this like Vult's post wasn't just like five above mine oops

If I HAD to vote for someone it'd be for Moydow, because I'm more confident in voting Opo or Maven because a scum!Moy is harder to detect, and she hasn't contributed anything and has just been "there", but I'd feel bad voting her out as she already said she wouldn't be here for deadline. Because of this (and how she's still more present than Opo and Maven) I'd be more inclined to vote Opo or Maven (despite reading his post in-character) because everyone else seems good in my book too, and these two are the least active.
ebwop

more confident in not voting Opo or Maven*

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
uuuuh so I'm here for the evening but is the deadline actually soon? I swear Nabe said we have 48 hours....

Pokechu Pokechu I'm willing to give Moydow a closer read and flip the vote. Maven just feels like such a cop out.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
on topic of potential no lynch, with even player count it may not exactly be bad if it puts us into an odd numbers but potential indies and uncertainty of what the pool of night actions is turns me off from this. no lynch in an even numbered game is more impactful later game and I do feel a d1 lynch is necessary for any "hard" evidence or incriminating behavior to exist.

maven lynch provides more than enough info on the wagoners and defenders and removes what seems to be an inactive slot. Meta aside there does exist a world where I can see his 211 as town but he needs to be here to expand on his push or finger someone else, or else all he's contributed is set-up speculation and a push on the gimmick slot which is not a progressive discussion. To put one single pinky toe into the WIFOM pie Nabe prepared for us, as someone who loved building uTrick'd games and secret player gimmicks I think the Marisa slot is lynch bait and they'll be solved through pr usage or through their own play.

That all being said I am not fond of Marisa who is who Maven voted.
I share the sour reaction Poke had in #330 on Moydoy. Sketchy

I'm here and will try and be around until deadline if someone wants to discuss something idk.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Random thoughts on a reread.

Fire Emblemier didn't follow though on his promise to be more active today. Yeah it's only been like 6 hours since he mentioned it but still I was expecting a little something by now.

Bardull has been "active" in the literal sense but extremely passive in his gameplay. Hasn't pushed anyone, not even the person he's voting for. I remember him playing much more aggressively in past games.

Doopliss posting more fluff than I'm used to. Got wrapped up in a side conversation with Bardull that didn't really seem to go anywhere. Like this:
this is totally irrelevant, but @others, is this standard terminology for dgames? because I am used to scum = mafia, and I can see scum = roles town needs to kill to win, but this definition is
My reaction to this is..... who cares? I don't really get where he's going with a question like this. It's ironically something I could see Fire Emblemier posting, which Doopliss criticized earlier in the game.

GLG has been passive-ish... but that is typical for him and he seems to be asking some relevant questions.

Moydow choosing not to have a vote out at deadline. Mess.

Shishoe had a fair response to my vote and I was kind of fishing for a reaction anyway..... so yeah. Unvote.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
DtJ S2n DtJ S2n your most recent post is great so let's figure out votes.

I did a skim and it looks like Moydow has only commented on a) Kary's post restriction, b) Marissa, and c) "inactives". And he defended Shish I guess. It's not really that much more than Maven has given us.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
meh. You're not wrong but I don't think the post is THAT bad.
Not that bad in general, or not that bad in the context of D1? I think it's actually pretty bad in the context of it being the majority of his content, and in comparison to the generally weak cases we have in other directions. We'll get to Maven in a bit, though...

Doopliss posting more fluff than I'm used to. Got wrapped up in a side conversation with Bardull that didn't really seem to go anywhere. Like this:

My reaction to this is..... who cares? I don't really get where he's going with a question like this. It's ironically something I could see Fire Emblemier posting, which Doopliss criticized earlier in the game.
I think it's pretty disingenuous to say you're used to anything when (iirc) the only game we've played together in the last half-decade was me subbing into a hella suspicious slot on D3 and attempting to salvage it, and you saw me play for a single Day.

I literally wrote right there that I knew it was irrelevant but I cared because I thought it was fascinating? Also, there's a huge difference between one's content being purely rah-rah-town fluff (early FE) vs mostly substantial with an occasional aside (me). There's just not equivalency there.

I do totally agree with you on Opo being Town, and for the same reasons, so at least we're on the same page there.

-

Anyway, it really bothers me that people are "compromising" on Maven because of the lack of posts, and not his content, but most of the people doing so are townreads so I don't know what to make of it. Wagons on Kary and Opo are hard "No", Vult's case on Shish is alright and Shish's justification for voting the other leading wagon doesn't feel genuine, so I'm debating a pivot there.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
it takes 8 to lynch?

probably not happening but let's see who all's here

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Random thoughts on a reread.

Fire Emblemier didn't follow though on his promise to be more active today. Yeah it's only been like 6 hours since he mentioned it but still I was expecting a little something by now.

Bardull has been "active" in the literal sense but extremely passive in his gameplay. Hasn't pushed anyone, not even the person he's voting for. I remember him playing much more aggressively in past games.

GLG has been passive-ish... but that is typical for him and he seems to be asking some relevant questions.

Moydow choosing not to have a vote out at deadline. Mess.

Shishoe had a fair response to my vote and I was kind of fishing for a reaction anyway..... so yeah. Unvote.
blame smash bros for my lack of follow up :p

Anyways, Moydow is usually a very passive player both as town and scum, so I'm going to say I don't think they are worth lynching today.
I honestly think the Opo lynch would be better, though I doubt I'm going to change the Maven wagon's mind. There's always a way to make a unknown role seem townie in a closed setup, so I don't think that one post is subtantial enough to dismias him as the lynch.

Marisa Kirisame

Smash Cadet
Mmmm..

on topic of potential no lynch, with even player count it may not exactly be bad if it puts us into an odd numbers but potential indies and uncertainty of what the pool of night actions is turns me off from this. no lynch in an even numbered game is more impactful later game and I do feel a d1 lynch is necessary for any "hard" evidence or incriminating behavior to exist.

maven lynch provides more than enough info on the wagoners and defenders and removes what seems to be an inactive slot. Meta aside there does exist a world where I can see his 211 as town but he needs to be here to expand on his push or finger someone else, or else all he's contributed is set-up speculation and a push on the gimmick slot which is not a progressive discussion. To put one single pinky toe into the WIFOM pie Nabe prepared for us, as someone who loved building uTrick'd games and secret player gimmicks I think the Marisa slot is lynch bait and they'll be solved through pr usage or through their own play.
Maybe it's because I'm an outsider but the distribution of attention is a bit polarizing. You accept the possibility of town (as much as I could accept the possibility of being wrong), but how you came to that conclusion trips me up! You coment about no luynching and indies and all that but it begs the question how this is necessary or important into how I am supposed to read how you feel about Maven, because I don't feel any closer to that and rather it seems like you're creating this picture where if Maven were to be lynched there would be a fallback on it, and really I am getting this feeling from lots of people so don't think I am just trying to single you out, I mean..you're the one that called me interested so here's your chance to know me more!

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
DtJ S2n DtJ S2n your most recent post is great so let's figure out votes.

I did a skim and it looks like Moydow has only commented on a) Kary's post restriction, b) Marissa, and c) "inactives". And he defended Shish I guess. It's not really that much more than Maven has given us.
moy is the other vote on Maven that bothers me, also with the unvote just making it way harder for us to hit majority

I don't feel great about wagoning an absent player, though, do you?

Top Bottom