• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

What's the argument for killing opo and why do you need us to vote on it?
There isn't one anymore which is why I'm letting people vote for whether they want him dead or not.
Is that part of your role? What did you do last night?
I perceived "Opossum's life", now I can cut his Death Lines whenever I want. If I pull the trigger, he ded.
Btw, this doesn't have to be decided now, the Death Lines won't disappear so I can quite literally kill the 'possum whenever I want from now on.
Honestly surprised I didn't get blocked last Night after what happened, either that or my ability cannot be blocked which I guess would make sense with the flavor.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
many, potentially. you're assuming this game is way simpler than it is.
also perplexingly, you're assuming that somehow, him claiming clears him 100% in a game where the mafia have expressly been provided fakeclaims
no, first of all I did not say that oppo claiming would be guaranteed to clear him. I said that he MIGHT be completely(100%) clear based on his claim.
his role is clearly powerful. if we could show later on for example that all 3 of oppo's picks were town (unlikely scenario but still) then it makes no sense for his role to be mafia.

I do not know oppo's role so I cannot say whether it would help town for him to claim. But he is not clearly town in my opinion and so I think it is reasonable to ask questions of him when he is the one directing the lynch today, and when there is the possibility of him being killed by Shish.

I am not role fishing at all. I am telling the fish to jump out of the water so that we can get a better look at them. It's on Oppo to decide.

Saying there is "many potential drawbacks" is baseless speculation from my point of view. Just say you don't like the idea and let's leave it at that.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yeah
Bardull is leaning in the middle. Some of the town cred is for reasons relating to my role that I don't feel like fully explaining yet. Mostly due to his invulnerability to certain stuff.

Shish seems to have powerful abilities that would fit in either alignments hands, though I believe he even mentioned being 3rd party, right?
I honestly need to look back at more of their posts to form a better opinion
I will look forward to hearing your better opinion, then.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Why did you decide to put up a wagon on glg in the last 20 minutes of the day and not at any other point with more people around?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Not going to be in today and likely won’t be here tomorrow, so here’s my two cents:

Between Shish and FE, I don’t find either to come off as particularly scummy based on tone. FE doesn’t have a whole lot to his name, Shish probably provides the most with his flip. Just as an example, Shish flipping Town would perhaps make Maven look better since we could confirm that Maven had no need to try and save Shish as a scum player that can double votes on someone.

I’m completely content with being killed off. I’ve more or less thrown my hands up in the air (proverbially) at this point. Kary’s vote on me continues to not make much sense, JTB chews me out for performing straightforward nightkill analysis (yes, I’m aware it’s WIFOM to some degree, I just don’t think the other side of the coin is an actual reasonable outcome given my positioning and interactions on the game board), and Doop is providing sideline commentary about how we’re trying to be budget Rykers. I am not impressed. Seriously. I don’t care if I die for these comments, only proves I am right to be annoyed with the state of the game.

So, like I’ve said in previous phases, do what ya guys want.

Leaving my vote on Shish. Good luck. Vote: Shish

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If you said that was the only time you were around, then I must have just missed it previously

What do you think of the people that joined you on glg?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If you do show up BarDulL BarDulL , I wouldn't mind hearing about why you think Stu was killed since you already went into a bit of NK analysis already.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Also, I'll admit I've been a bit more aggressive than I should be personality wise and I apologize if anyone has been affected by it outside of playing the game. I'll tone it down a bit so there's no bad feelings

D

Deleted member

How do you know killing Oppo is going to work?
Because if my role is accurate to flavor, which it is based on what I was able to do in N1 and D2, cutting his Death Lines should be an instant death.

D

Deleted member

But you said before that there was only a chance you would succeed.
If I fail, it's because I cannot affect it, which is likely reserved for game-breaking shenanigans like "the lives of all Mafia-aligned players". I was successful with perceiving Opo's life already, my Role PM told me that much, cutting the lines has no chance of failing.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If you believe this, which of the following is scum?

Moydow (Doop, Chu, GLG, Stu, Kary, Vult)
GLG has me more convinced with his latest post, he was convinced way too suddenly and because of that, I believe Doop is by association.
Ok 1 more thing Shish. You were clearly wrong about GLG. Do you still think Maven and Doops are scummy?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Votecount

Shish (JTB, :salt:, Doop, Bard, Maven)
Bard (Shish, Kary)
Is this accurate, or should Kary have a :salt: vote as well?

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe If someone reaches majority votes, does the day end immediately?

While we wait on that answer, unvote. I want Pokechu to be able to comment before we end the phase, vote will come back after that happens.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh no wait he's posted I'm mistaken. I think everyone has then.

I think we can just end phase whenever?

D

Deleted member

Ok 1 more thing Shish. You were clearly wrong about GLG. Do you still think Maven and Doops are scummy?
Not really.
I’ll just out that I can RB, and I RBd Shishoe last night. I don’t believe he’s immune to it, or any of his role anymore
I was going through with this because I thought it was a Mafia Roleblocker who hit me.
I knew Opo wouldn't get voted to die so I thought it would be a good scare tactic regardless if Opo was scum or not.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
you thought it was a SECOND mafia roleblocker after the first one flipped??
i have a hard time buying that for some reason

D

Deleted member

you thought it was a SECOND mafia roleblocker after the first one flipped??
i have a hard time buying that for some reason
You mean the Mafia traitor who couldn't even control their own actions? I doubt that'd be the Mafia's only method of roleblocking someone

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
You mean the Mafia traitor who couldn't even control their own actions? I doubt that'd be the Mafia's only method of roleblocking someone
"Mafia traitor who couldn't even control their own actions" is a pretty misleading way to say that the main mafia had direct control of a roleblocker. I doubt they'd have two...

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
been dratini hunting ALL day in let's go, but I finally got a good natured female one. welcome to the team, Noodle :'^)

will make posts soon here. My vote will be between Shish and Bard for sure despite saying Fire needed some heat last day. All 3 could be looked into but Fire is the least offensive imo

curious about this though
Maven claiming a roleblock is cool and all, but it is not the claim we were looking for.
s2n's n2 action being unaccounted for is a little troubling- i think pokechu looks worse for it overall.
I'm slow :laugh: could you explain how there being no N2 action for Sold makes me look worse? Is it not possible that he didn't act last night so he didn't have to undergo another posting restriction, or no?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh okay then vote shish

I am also troubled by s2ns missing action. I think it suggests it targeted Scum, since that power is too good to not use. That also suggests that he thought that person was town/likely an NK. Probably warrants some general reevaluation on me/jtb. On mobile since flying, can anyone dig up who he town read?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wanted to give some time for people to choose before giving my vote.

Vote: Shishœ

Top Bottom