• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Updated for September - Georgia Power Rankings - Fried Chicken + Kool Aid

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
It's cool nicaboy. No problems. Jesus, why does everyone in Atlantic South jump down everyone's throat that makes a slightly naive comment. Yall need to chill with smack talk. It makes us look bad. I wasn't trying to be mean to you or anything nicaboy, I just really didn't know who you were.

CHILL GA! BE NICE TO PEOPLE!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
It's cool nicaboy. No problems. Jesus, why does everyone in Atlantic South jump down everyone's throat that makes a slightly naive comment. Yall need to chill with smack talk. It makes us look bad. I wasn't trying to be mean to you or anything nicaboy, I just really didn't know who you were.

CHILL GA! BE NICE TO PEOPLE!

whoa Carter!! the Nyc smash community would like to have a word with you lolz

but yeah we dont need a whole page about someone's skill in the game. I'm talking to you, Tong

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
hey you can write pages about my skill if you want what's the problem with that

o you're blaming that last page on me
how are you gonna do that mike g

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
some day i wish to meet georgia

sleepyk at my house was the most awesome thing ever
We're all so friendly, with attacking nicaboy over trash talk and whatnot.

Being at Dazwa's house was the most awesome thing ever.

SleepyK

Double posting to talk about how skilled Tong is.

That Tong is pretty skilled at Smash Bros.

Also, nicaboy, it's just that you made a baseless argument. Your tournament record isn't the greatest, you used silly friendlies as a proving point for your skill, lots of people have opposed the power rankings....

It's all cool, I'm sure you're a cool guy and whatnot, but I mean...

I guess the term "lurk moar" applies well here.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
hey you can write pages about my skill if you want what's the problem with that

o you're blaming that last page on me
how are you gonna do that mike g

lol i'm not serious about the page thing Tong lol. Take it easy on this nicaboy. Its over at the g4s5 results thread too >.>

and LOL @ "how are you gonna do that mike g" *evil laughs* :lick:

Nicaboy: place well in tournies so you don't become another omega or bestinga- oh yeah....thats right!! bestinga...

SleepyK

Or Evil E. >.>

Didn't BestInGA turn out to be like.... not a real person?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
nope, he exists....he's a real boy. I even know where he lives. It's great being a mod :)

SleepyK

LOL

Did he ever show up to anything?

<.<

Hay Mike, where am I right now?

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
lol i dont' even visit tournament results often

wat tournament results isn't even active

nicaboy

Smash Champion
fine i will place more in tournies i will let skilll talk im lol at this whole thing now i plan on doing that any ways

@sleppy well i could have said more but there is no way i can out say full metal HE SO **** SEXY so i would lose lmao

@carter thank you i do appcriate that.
ps i cant spell

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
('^.^)/ \(^.^')

Georgia and I are like *this*

edit: look how many ****ING icons I have under my name.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
so, uhhh, any melee players live in Hinesville, GA? i just moved down here from Jersey where the M2Ks and the EGGMs play....:)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Hinesville.... hmmmm yeah I know where you're at lol, I used to visit that area twice a month. The closest Smashers to you are the Savannah crew. I'm none too sure if they play much anymore. The next closest.... you're probably looking at Macon or Valdosta, and I think even Ft. Stewart has a few hidden players.

Unfortunately, you're also 5 full hours from Columbus and about 6 from the Atlanta area. Though if you'rew willing ti drive to tournies, we'd love to have you. :)

Handorin

Smash Hero
And if you dont mind driving the 5-6 hours to Columbus or Atlanta, you could drive a bit under an hour more to get to the Memphis/Southhaven area where all the best smashers are in the south. >_> <_< >_>

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I just did some quick searches.

Hinesville to Atlanta = 4 hours
Hinesville to Columbus = 5 hours
Hinesville to Valdosta = 3 hours
Hinesville to Savannah = 1 hour
Hinesville to Macon = 2 1/2 hours
Hinesville to Conyers = 4 hours
Hinesville to Marietta = 4 1/2 hours
Hinesville to Kennesaw = 4 1/2 hours

And just for Handorin...

Hinesville to Memphis TN = 10 hours

All I did was list cities of known smashers that I'm familiar with (there are tons more, such as the GPC area, but I couldn't really find consistent results... :/ I suck I know. Don't hurt me FM lol)

So yeah, those are the distances (which arn't that bad at all really).

I personally recommend getting in contact with Dogy. (AIM: DogySamich) He's a Valdosta player and is a hilarious person to know. He also happens to be one of GA's better Melee players ;)

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the info everyone, once i get a car, ill be sure to check more into those spots. i was in macon yesterday for the cherry blossom festival, my uncle entered the mustang car show. that was an extremly long drive, over 130 miles away from my current location. everything was so much closer in new jersey, lol.

Nite

Smash Champion
130 miles is only a few hours. Prepare to drive a lot longer than that to go to huge tournaments. I wish I lived in Jersey too.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
thanks for the info everyone, once i get a car, ill be sure to check more into those spots. i was in macon yesterday for the cherry blossom festival, my uncle entered the mustang car show. that was an extremly long drive, over 130 miles away from my current location. everything was so much closer in new jersey, lol.
my place is 30 min b4 macon we should totaly play brawl or melee

nicaboy

Smash Champion
These are in dire need of an update.

112, Gerbil- lets jump on this **** sometime this coming week.
this was said last time and what happen umm.... nothing :laugh:
any way if you guys are consdiering marsfool deservers at least teir 3 he has gotten pretty good since over time

and tsunami for teir 2

ps what do i know im just a dj dont hurt me

Ares726

Smash Ace
These are in dire need of an update.

112, Gerbil- lets jump on this **** sometime this coming week.
I vote for deleting tiers and just doing top 10. Legends can stay. The only reason I think tiers are dumb is becuase that's basically all tournament-attending smashers in GA. You can leave Tier 2 so people know who's close to the top 10, and new players have a goal to aspire to. I dunno about Tier 3 though.

However, I'm not on the PR Selection Committee so y'all probably know better than me. Just stating my opinion is all.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
This has nothing to do with the power rankings:
You know i was looking at some of the recent topics and post in FL and i was like *man those guys really have each others back* and then i look at my state and I'm like were is the love? Seriously i had a couple of times were i was in matches this past weekend and someone was like you you got this *insert OOS players name* and I'm like geez thanks *insert GA players name*. I know this does not apply to everyone but It kinda makes me sad when you hear this kinda stuff.
I'm done i guess lol

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
this was said last time and what happen umm.... nothing :laugh:
any way if you guys are consdiering marsfool deservers at least teir 3 he has gotten pretty good since over time

and tsunami for teir 2

ps what do i know im just a dj dont hurt me
I think tier 3 will be removed- and I know little to nothing about Tsunami

I vote for deleting tiers and just doing top 10. Legends can stay. The only reason I think tiers are dumb is becuase that's basically all tournament-attending smashers in GA. You can leave Tier 2 so people know who's close to the top 10, and new players have a goal to aspire to. I dunno about Tier 3 though.

However, I'm not on the PR Selection Committee so y'all probably know better than me. Just stating my opinion is all.
Triple Mike Panel FTW??? <3

I wholeheartedly agree with slimming down the people mentioned in the GA PR

This has nothing to do with the power rankings:
You know i was looking at some of the recent topics and post in FL and i was like *man those guys really have each others back* and then i look at my state and I'm like were is the love? Seriously i had a couple of times were i was in matches this past weekend and someone was like you you got this *insert OOS players name* and I'm like geez thanks *insert GA players name*. I know this does not apply to everyone but It kinda makes me sad when you hear this kinda stuff.
I'm done i guess lol
QFT

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
You can take over for me. I'm tired of dealing with outside crap said behind mah back about it all.

Seriously.

@Alpha - Quoted For Serious Truth. Even though I didn't quote. O_O MINDGAMES.

Well I don't know what kinda crap was being said behind ur back but you better be sure i'll fnd out. Also overall I think you're doing a good job as a panalist.

Yes Alpha, it sucks when people from our own state won't support us.....but don't let it stop you from being a beast :)

nicaboy

Smash Champion
teir 3 removed just me but i like the 3 teirs lol it places all of us so i guess what you say goes lol and dp should move up a teir just my opnion.

any way cant wait to see an updated thing and top 10 only and legends sound cool

if tier 3 goes as well as 2 it would just seem better

Laijin

Smash Hero
i think i should be in the legends category? who else could get top 5 at a tourney with roy in GA? =P
I should be in the legends category too. How many other YL's were there ever?
:]
I was in active for a long time too >___>
don't any of your guys miss me?
T__T
(Well. Alot of you did'nt like me. But thats besides the point.
And I did'nt place high consistently. :\
Alright..maybe this was a bad idea. >__>)

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
There should be a top 10 or so. A few honarable mentions and thats it. **** all this tier 5 and 11 ****. If you dont consistently place top 10 at tournaments who cares how you do? And thats real talk. These are power rankings, not well..I think he could be good rankings. I Vote XIF, chadd, cornel, alpha, fullmetal, carter, prac, 112 to be top 10 (Not in that order of course). I dont know if Eugene or Marty are still interested in smash but other than that we need to chill on letting everyone and their mom on the PR. It makes our state look like a joke when we have 700 people on there and 4 do well at OOS tournaments.

@Alpha: I had GA's back :D

Laijin

Smash Hero
Oh. And who is talking behind gerbil's back?
Gerbil is a pretty nice guy and I can't imagine him doing anything mean to anyone. So quit being *******s. If your gonna say something about him like that, at least have the balls to say it to his face or to tell him directly.

Top Bottom