• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Updated for May - Georgia Power Rankings - Patty Melts / Chicken Fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*sigh*

Don't just act in on Wes, Tong. Myself and 112 were also in on this.

Guys what you have to understand is we busted our ***** off thinking for an hour straight on how to place people in this list. The easiest part was making a Legends list. Why? Because this opened up more slots for one, and for another it still acknoledged the true *** kickers in this state. The hardest part? Everything else. Good things were said about everyone, but the brackets and results show the majority of what we need.

Now, you also must acknowledge what this list is based off of. It is not a list of skill, if that were true, this list would be entirely different. But it's not. It's mainly based on how well you place at the tournaments in consideration. Another factor is just who you beat in brackets.

Let's use Prac as an example, seeing as how he is now 8th, going from Tier 3 to Top 10.

In the tournaments for consideration, Prac has placed on average, a 7th to 9th place finish in every one of them. Prac has also beaten, in tourny sets, 3 people on the previous Top 10 list. Who's to say he doesn't deserve a top 10 spot now? He has done statistically better than any other person that we drew up for consideration of top 10 placing (with the exceptions being those who placed 1-7)

I'll use myself as the next example, because I'm sure many of you are probably upset at it and are thinking "Well I beat Gerbil". >.> Not according to these you didn't. I myself also average a 7th-13th placing for all the tournaments considered, and have beaten most of the others in consideration for Top 10 (exceptions being those placed 1-9) in tournament sets.

Now what does this point bring me to? If you have the skill, and there are obviously several of you, then your only problem is not showing up often enough. That, or you just don't place well enough.

I hate to put it like that, because I know some of you are badasses, we all know this, but let this be a lesson that says: Show up more if you want the spot or you want the spot back. 'Nuff said. We tried to compensate you guys with Tier 2, as it is noted in the first post that Tier 2 are people not to **** with and are reasonably close to Top 10.

It is just a list. If it means that much to anyone, then step it up. I really hate repeating myself, because I know I made a post just like this way earlier in this thread.

Again it is just a list.

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
*sigh*

Guys what you have to understand is we busted our ***** off thinking for an hour straight on how to place people in this list. The easiest part was making a Legends list. Why? Because this opened up more slots for one, and for another it still acknoledged the true *** kickers in this state. The hardest part? Everything else. Good things were said about everyone, but the brackets and results show the majority of what we need.

Now, you also must acknowledge what this list is based off of. It is not a list of skill, if that were true, this list would be entirely different. But it's not. It's mainly based on how well you place at the tournaments in consideration. Another factor is just who you beat in brackets.

Let's use Prac as an example, seeing as how he is now 8th, going from Tier 3 to Top 10.

In the tournaments for consideration, Prac has placed on average, a 7th to 9th place finish in every one of them. Prac has also beaten, in tourny sets, 3 people on the previous Top 10 list. Who's to say he doesn't deserve a top 10 spot now? He has done statistically better than any other person that we drew up for consideration of top 10 placing (with the exceptions being those who placed 1-7)

I'll use myself as the next example, because I'm sure many of you are probably upset at it and are thinking "Well I beat Gerbil". >.> Not according to these you didn't. I myself also average a 7th-13th placing for all the tournaments considered, and have beaten most of the others in consideration for Top 10 (exceptions being those placed 1-9) in tournament sets.

Now what does this point bring me to? If you have the skill, and there are obviously several of you, then your only problem is not showing up often enough. That, or you just don't place well enough.

I hate to put it like that, because I know some of you are badasses, we all know this, but let this be a lesson that says: Show up more if you want the spot or you want the spot back. 'Nuff said. We tried to compensate you guys with Tier 2, as it is noted in the first post that Tier 2 are people not to **** with and are reasonably close to Top 10.

It is just a list. If it means that much to anyone, then step it up. I really hate repeating myself, because I know I made a post just like this way earlier in this thread.

Again it is just a list.

All I'm saying is that, the list used to seem like a impossible task for me to rise up on, but now seeing how you can make it to top 10, gives me hope that i can make it to top ten. like you said, its all about going to tournaments. top ten just seems way more obtainable now.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
It's always been attainable, and you've always had to go to tournies. I just improved enough to make my mark. And you did use to be ahead of me and the rest of CDE (Exceptions being Reflex and X2X). The list hasn't become any easier to make, it is still a major pain in the *** to come up with.

My point with this post. Show up more often dude, I havn't seen you in forever as it is.

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
i know, when i go to Florida i plan on playing alot of kids. may go to 2 tourneys down there. im just saying that seeing you make the list is making me try harder.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I'm here to trash on the Power Rankings for a second.

Anyone who even half-heartedly cares about the Power Rankings needs to stop and think for a second. No one cares where you stand on that list. I sure as hell don't. I may be second place, but if you've kindly watch the last clip of my combo video (before the Marvel 2 part), you'll notice that it is in fact me 4-stocking Wes.

Regardless of how seriously that particular match was taken, it's not the first time we've four stocked one another.

If your time is spent actively worrying about that list, then you'll find it a lot harder to impact it. I, on the other hand, have never and will never care about Power Rankings.

Your skill level isn't based on some list, be it tiers or Power Rankings, your true level is determined by the money waiting for you at the end of every tournament.

I mean, ****, look at DogySamich. HOW DO YOU GET SO MUCH BETTER SO FAST? Ask him, because I'm sure he knows that who he can and cannot beat has nothing to do with a list.

So basically what I'm trying to say is:

Wipe all those tears off your face and just f*cking win all the time, Georgia.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Meh no stressing out involved dude, just trying to be the one to keep the thread more uh... hell I guess more straightforward and understanding. Trying to be the peace keeper among everyone.

^.^

EDIT: Edit because the post looked really weird, so I changed the words around lol.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
None taken. I'm a pretty laid back guy.
LAWLZ
I'm a dumb***
everyone ignore me lolz
i been doing that already LOL
*sigh*

Again it is just a list.
STFU NOOB!
I'm here to trash on the Power Rankings for a second.

Anyone who even half-heartedly cares about the Power Rankings needs to stop and think for a second. No one cares where you stand on that list. I sure as hell don't. I may be second place, but if you've kindly watch the last clip of my combo video (before the Marvel 2 part), you'll notice that it is in fact me 4-stocking Wes.

Regardless of how seriously that particular match was taken, it's not the first time we've four stocked one another.

If your time is spent actively worrying about that list, then you'll find it a lot harder to impact it. I, on the other hand, have never and will never care about Power Rankings.

Your skill level isn't based on some list, be it tiers or Power Rankings, your true level is determined by the money waiting for you at the end of every tournament.

I mean, ****, look at DogySamich. HOW DO YOU GET SO MUCH BETTER SO FAST? Ask him, because I'm sure he knows that who he can and cannot beat has nothing to do with a list.

So basically what I'm trying to say is:

Wipe all those tears off your face and just f*cking win all the time, Georgia.
this is why chadddd pwns.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
GOING TO POUND2 Tommorw

Myself, Reflex, Dogy, Tsunami, and Dogy will be going to pound2 this weekend so you mutha****ers better wish us some luck cause we all know Prac is going to need it LOL.
One more thing how come no one else is going to this from GA???

Laijin

Smash Hero
Myself, Reflex, Dogy, Tsunami, and Dogy will be going to pound2 this weekend so you mutha****ers better wish us some luck cause we all know Prac is going to need it LOL.
No one else in GA wants to ****ing drive up there. I've asked almost ever other GA smasher excluding the 5 of you.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Ares and I arn't going because we're broke. Also, you do have FL members going to this and they will be passing the ATL area (I think that's the best route, take 185 North to I-80 to ATL Bypass to North again, not so sure though) so you could've hitched a ride with them. But it's too late now anyways, it got capped today I think.

Good luck to you guys!

EDIT: **** never mind I forgot, FL is flying. Ah well....

Laijin

Smash Hero
Ares and I arn't going because we're broke. Also, you do have FL members going to this and they will be passing the ATL area (I think that's the best route, take 185 North to I-80 to ATL Bypass to North again, not so sure though) so you could've hitched a ride with them. But it's too late now anyways, it got capped today I think.

Good luck to you guys!

EDIT: **** never mind I forgot, FL is flying. Ah well....
Yea. I did try that. And all of them are flying. :\

Prac352

Smash Lord
Apparently I won't be needing luck seeing as how dogy has his spot as well as mine . . .

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Meh you guys will be fine during round 1 pools, (Except Jared, who landed Tink and SpeedN haha, there are still 2 other spots Jared ;))

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
good job to dogy on sixth and gerbil on tenth>>><<<i hope to be able to play a good bit of the people on the new list at SAVANNAH and to see how good every! who i havent played is!!!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
So we had the Pichu tournament yesterday at MGC.

Entrants:

Gerbil
Chaddd
Desu
Ares
Professor X
Mike G
Coke Zero
Hot MGC Chick

I won. Enough said. I 5 stocked them all in 4 stock matches. Chaddd totally agreed with me on being best Pichu in GA, so I now have that title, even though he 2 stocked me in a ditto, he claimed it was a total fluke and that I am truely the master. I 3 stocked Desu in a ditto, but the deciding factor was I was the last one standing in a 10 stock FFA with items on Temple. Thus I was dubbed: The Best Pichu in Georgia.

Someone make me a sig quick. ^.^

Prac352

Smash Lord
Those of us who made it out of round one of pools each got fifth seed in round two . . .
Only top four advanced T.T

It was awesome. I'm sorry the rest of Ga couldn't be there.

Speaking about pound 2 btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom