• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<Updated> Falco Match Up Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Match Ups
All right instead of making multiple threads we should stick with one and one only!!!!!!!

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
For this thread I will post match ups and for the good of it show vids that show the falco match up!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Trying to start a new one? It's probably needed. Start with MK and work down or pick match-ups that there's no really good current information out there on (Diddy for example).

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Trying to start a new one? It's probably needed. Start with MK and work down or pick match-ups that there's no really good current information out there on (Diddy for example).
So you're saying start from top tier to bottom tier?

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
MK Match Up
45:55 MK.
We falco mains know that our lasers do everything to MK, but everyone might be thinking why is it in MK favor and falco mains do tell info (vids would be cool) and also I will include info if needed. The reasons.

+ Better air game.
+ Can gimp falco.
+ Much quicker than falco.
+ New down A lock (on any one).
+ More Priority than falco ( besides the lasers).
+ Can negate chain grab (using up B or uair) not going to be max chain grab.
(Talk for this match up 1 week then moving on)

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
isn't CG to 43 still guaranteed though?

I only think its slightly metaknights favor because of his counterpicks though

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
MK dies at 115% to fresh USmash. Remember the magic number.

You REALLY need to win the neutral stage in a 2/3 set against MK because Falco wants nothing to do with him on a CP stage.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
I chaingrab to 36-37% then dair spike..any after that and mk can shuffle loop if u try to spike.

That dtilt locks looks like there is enough time to stand up after the footstool.

Mix up side b and firebird for recovery.
And watch for them to glide out to you when you try to recover. Nair beats glide attack.

If you shield the front attack of his dsmash, you have enough time to fsmash him.

You can grab tornado b4 it gets to you if its ground level. Hold shield up if shielding it.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Oh dear god.

Can someone that can at least someone type a proper sentence be in charge of this action? If we want to be taken seriously, we need some lingual decency, and it wouldn't hurt having a competent person for a thread holder.

Schtizzel

Smash Cadet
1 Thread for discussion all match-up isn't good. No one will have an overview of the current match-up.
Just use this as a the main page with a chart and links to the different match-up discussion threads. If every match-up gets it own thread many things will be much more easy and we can use each thread later to rediscuss them.

Why we always start with the top tiers which were discussed so many times? Shouldn't we start with the match-up which weren't discussed in a long time like Rob or other Mid tiers?
At a certain point many smasher will lose their impulse to post in a discussion and we could just discuss the same match-up like in the other match-up discussion periods.

Here is a list of all characters sorted in their perticular ranking and if there is a match-up thread/summary form them:

Character|08/09|10
Metaknight|x|x
Snake|x|x
Diddy Kong|x|x
Wario|x|x
Marth|o|x
Ice Climbers|o|x
Olimar|o|o
Pikachu|o|x
King Dedede|x|o
Mr. Game & Watch|x|o
Lucario|o|x
Zero Suit Samus|x|o
Toon Link|x|o
Kirby|o|o
Fox|o|x
R.O.B.|o|o
Pit|x|o
Peach|x|o
Donkey Kong|x|o
Luigi|x|o
Wolf|x|o
Sonic|x|o
Ike|x|o
Sheik|x|o
Ness|o|o
Pokémon Trainer|x|o
Yoshi|x|o
Lucas|x|o
Mario|x|o
Bowser|x|o
Captain Falcon|o|o
Samus|x|o
Jigglypuff|o|o
Link|o|o
Zelda|o|x
Ganondorf|o|o

This list definitely points out that we're discussion the same match-up over and over again but many match-ups weren't discussed anytime, so we should focus on omitted match-ups.

I think we should start with Olimar, Kirby, Rob, Ness, CF, Jiggs, Link, Ganon because they weren't discussed at all. And then continue with Kind DDD, G&W, ZSS, Tink, Pit, Peach, Dk, Luigi, Wolf, Sonic, Ike, Sheik, PkmnTrainer, Yoshi, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus because these are the most outdated.

Edit: If this thread isn't going to work, I will put up a match-up thread by myself with a better structure and some graphics.

Vlade

Social Outcast
If you guys would like to start a new matchup thread I suggest you PM me a draft first. It needs to have structure and be organised for it to work. Individual threads for discussing each matchup is better imo.

Since Denzi doesn't post here anymore (:() if there's anyone out there that wants to take over matchup discussion then yeah like I said before just send a PM my way and I'll give you the thumbs up or down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom