• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Update!!!!!! It's Ryo's Birthday Come To Gainesville To Brawl and Get Drunk!!!

2-DJeff

Smash Master
yeah i can bring ssf4 or blaznoob or something if u guys want i dont see why not. and yeah afro this is like the first time ive been on smashboards in like 1.5 yrs or something lol. i kinda missed you guys no hetero

and yes i did just get top 5 for ssf4 at an orlando tourney like a month back. i dont go to many tourneys but when i do i get top 5 but no higher...sounds like my smash career lol. so i guess ill be seein you guys there.

lemme know if you want me to bring the xbox shenanigans, but im pretty sure we're gonna need one more stick (i might be able to borrow one) for this to work unless u guys are all pad warriors lol

Edit: Oh and I'm bringing my Petey Piranha plushie. Thanks Lade :)
im brining my own stick no homo. but yea i hope to get some practice in with you so i can learn more.
Ill bring marvel if your good at it

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
i dont play much marvel but i understand the game for the most part and im able to do basic air combos and such. i have it on my xbox so u wouldn't need to bring it.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
and yes i did just get top 5 for ssf4 at an orlando tourney like a month back. i dont go to many tourneys but when i do i get top 5 but no higher...sounds like my smash career lol. so i guess ill be seein you guys there.
LOL I remember this back when I started going to Brawl tournies.

You always placed high, but I guess not high enough.

Linguini

Smash Master
i hope its tomorrow cuz if not i missed doubles,if it is still tom

me and gmoney are winning teams, and halbred ill prob play melee with you for a large portion of the time lol

2-DJeff

Smash Master
maybe we should do pools because some ppl messaged me making valid points. If no pools lower the entry fee to 5dollars since the door fee is 5 too. Just suggestions. i dont want pools as much as the next guy but i heard there gonna be alot of armature players there so yea its only fair. do it for the community

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
maybe we should do pools because some ppl messaged me making valid points. If no pools lower the entry fee to 5dollars since the door fee is 5 too. Just suggestions. i dont want pools as much as the next guy but i heard there gonna be alot of armature players there so yea its only fair. do it for the community
Actually i kinda have the same sentiments here. Seems logical imo

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
So.
I heard rumors that there is no pools.

Thats ****ty as dyck. Theres multiple cars coming from SWFL and SCFL thinking that there were pools, and 10$+door fee for pools is really bad for these guys. Like, i know alot of people who wont even enter singles, including myself, radiz, viper and the swfl car because the price is too high. It's worth it for pools, but for 10$, alot of them are coming for practice and stuff.

I think it's unfair to do a double elimination bracket for 10$ knowing how much in advance we discussed pools and how many people are coming.

IF you're not doing pools, please think about lowering the entry fee to 5$. Do that little side pot thing. Like, it's not fair to alot of players. Not to sound like a whiner.

Even knowing about the amateur bracket, your forcing the worst players at the tournament to pay 17$ total. That's pretty bad for new players.

I was talking to people, even 5$ for the actual singles, and 5 for amaters would be good. People who wanna put a side bet on the singles do that, but don't take it out of the wallets of the worst players. Find an equal point between payment and practice.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
i hope its tomorrow cuz if not i missed doubles,if it is still tom

me and gmoney are winning teams, and halbred ill prob play melee with you for a large portion of the time lol
good luck making it past first round

-hrnut-

and no to that idea about the amateur bracket..thats gay.

Captian Salty and the Salt Squad Strikes again...mwahahahahah making people drop out of carpools...you know who you are :)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Well, we're not doing pools, I don't know where the confusion came from since we never said we're doing pools.

But you bring up a valid point about the amateur bracket. What about instead of the amateur bracket costing extra money, if 10-15% of the singles pot is just used as the amateur pot?

Opinions?
5$ singles 5$ amature pot
-2djeff

_Dice

Smash Ace
As a prime candidate for the "amateur bracket" i'd rather not do it. i'm coming to try to play vs better players + i play sonic so no shot anyway. How is the bracket going to be made? random? skill seeds? regional seeds? i'd prefer the latter so people from gainesville don't knock out gainesville round 1, same with CFL and everyone else.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
Well, we're not doing pools, I don't know where the confusion came from since we never said we're doing pools.

But you bring up a valid point about the amateur bracket. What about instead of the amateur bracket costing extra money, if 10-15% of the singles pot is just used as the amateur pot?

Opinions?
dumb imo

the fee's seem fine to me, 21 dollars for door, food, drinks, doubles, amateur singles, and singles seems like a ridiculously good deal.

also our car will be brining at least 2 bottles of vodka to contribute. We are getting drunk..... ******** drunk.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I like the idea that you said but 15% towards amature bracket that would be nice. I think its outrageous for me to drive 4 hours to play in a double elim brackt i could just take my car to ZP but i would rather come here for sentimental reasons.

I like the trade of pools for amateur bracket as long as i dont have to enter singles to get in to armature bracket. How much will amateur bracket cost or will it be free entry? i need some details. worse come to worse less people enter the tourney and it gets done faster and for some reason having the tourney end early is valued over quality pools before brackt = quality.

or lowing the entry fee for singles to $5 would be a great compromise also i would be fine with this and no armature bracket or a low buy in armature bracket.

tl:dr
5 door fee 10 singles fee 1-5 amateur fee + 16-20 to play in a tourney with no pools not worth it.
pools good amature bracket or lower fee would be a good comprmise

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol I don't know what everyone is so salty about...never was it advertised or stated by the T.O. ryo there would be pools. People just decided to try to force it instead of actually asking for them and now that they didn't get their way they're salty...***** please :laugh:

Beluina

Smash Apprentice
Mink on Bel's Account:

If 10% of singles goes to Amateur bracket thats a fantastic idea. Because the 10 your paying for is going to pay for both brackets and i am 100% for that.

That would be great, but i know that people such as HR and Red (no offense, and other players) are going to want all the money that they earned.

As much as you're saying that 21$ for a day of partying is awesome. Not everyone is coming to drink, alot of people, such as swfl, also had to pay at least 10$ in gas a person. Plus dinner/bfast.

So for those that don't want to drink and drove out here for the tourney are getting THE SHAFT.
I think overall if you make this a monthly thing, or even want to keep people interested in entering, you come to a compromise. Obviously people are upset that are coming. If you better players wanna bet for alot of money, give the rest of us a reason to want to come back. ie, amateur bracket coming out of OUR 10$ entry. I don't think 10% is that much.... lol.
You'd be losing... what? 20$ from the pot?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I don't use Twitter. I think only famous people should use Twitter. I don't know see the logic of "following" someone's life if they are not relevant in the world's eye. We have FaceBook for that.

I don't have a MvC3 avatar on my YouTube because I still have Tekkaman Blade as my avatar.

<3 Tekkaman Blade

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
TOO LONG TO READ? READ THE YELLOW PART :)

Alright everyone here's the plan:

NO POOLS. As much as I would love to have em, it would take wayyyy too long. Plus, we also need some time to party/celebrate Ryo's birthday.

However, since we do realize that some people wanna get more games in, we're gonna have an area for Money Matches as well as Friendlies.

Not only that but we'll be running an "Amateur Bracket" as well.

The way this Amateur Bracket is gonna work is that if you WIN A SINGLE SET OR LESS you'll be eligible to enter. Its only $1 buy in and the first two spots will be getting money (70%-30%). Also it will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION aka more time playing.

Hope everyone is content with this. All I can say is that tomorrows tournament is gonna super legit so you all better come out :cool:

TOO LONG TO READ? READ THE YELLOW PART :)

Top Bottom