• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Update Crews moved to Sunday* "Brawl in the Street", May 23,24, 09, Perryville, MD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
well whatever everyone decides, they know my reasoning and my logic behind it, and my suggested solution. It's their tournament, they can decide whatever they think is reasonable.

Just let me know when it's final, and i'll make my decision. I'd still be more than happy to hold up my end of our arranged deal as well guys, I just won't enter the tournament if it stays as is.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Okay this is my last say in this argument. If we raise the venue and dont take money out of the pot then we get one 50 cent fee a head. If we do the raising of the pot instead then we get the 50 cent a head per tournament and the pot is larger. So we actually get paid for every tournament we run. Of course we arent going to take money like that out of brawl +. So in the end tant's supposed solution still screws us. And makes the average smasher pay more, which he is one of. Its great you take pride in the community and help out so much for free tant. But remember we arent just looking out for ourselves we even decided to pay you without you even asking. Ksizzle use a different word if you dont like the price, dont call me or my brother a theif or say we are robbing anyone. The only ones who are getting robbed are the ones who run tournies and get nothing for it. Read everything before you jump to conclusions we dont get venue Money!!! As of now we are going to keep as is because the local turnout is getting mad hype from ads radio etc... So if this tournament gets humongous none of this will matter in the end, we can all walk away happy instead of fighting over a few scraps. Also remember bring three tourny noobs and you dont pay the venue fee. Do people really have that hard of a time! Get HYPE!! HYPE!!

Thx Hova and Lobos for thinking of the average smashers!!

Quality over Quantity hype!!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Eh it's not a good precedent, but I don't really care personally since I'm not entering Brawl anyway. I'm coming regardless as long as there will be Brawl+.

ChuDat

Smash Master
D@mn, if these guys are profiting over $700 for this tournament, then wtf am I doing? I should start doing this at every tournament I hold. I've been missing out

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
D@mn, if these guys are profiting over $700 for this tournament, then wtf am I doing? I should start doing this at every tournament I hold. I've been missing out
lol, I wish. If we make that much as a whole me and matt will only get like $100 each from it.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Not at all, that's way under exaggerating the amount you guys will be making from this tournament.

IF this tournament stays as is with 34% of the pot from EACH tournament (SF4, Brawl Singles, Brawl teams) and 10% from crews, that does NOT equal 100$ profit for you guys.

Lets say 100 people enter because of hype, promotion, ect. 34% = 340 out of pot. That's just for ONE tournament and that's our money.

By adding in the rest of the tournaments, that's well over $500 at LEAST. I'm not counting the amount you guys are putting in to this tournament. If you guys are spending well over $400 for this tournament, why even hold the tournament? lolz

Well, this is what Aposl is saying SHOULD happen, I strongly disagree with it.

I suggested doing a $5 "door fee" separate from anything else. I don't mind paying that.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
me and matt only get 30 percent of profit rest goes to bb&g who is paying for venue, equipment, radio ads, newspaper dont forget that, and you deserve to make money if you run a large tournament too. And beleive it or not me and my brother's finances are seperate too so we split our profit down the middle.

ChuDat

Smash Master
me and matt only get 30 percent of profit rest goes to bb&g who is paying for venue, equipment, radio ads, newspaper dont forget that, and you deserve to make money if you run a large tournament too. And beleive it or not me and my brother's finances are seperate too so we split our profit down the middle.
Huh? what are you talking about? I thought the 30% profit is from the POT of the tournament, not from the venue fee.

IF it's from the venue fee, everyone will feel relieved. This is what I do. Your bro made it seem like you guys are taking money from the actual tournament, not the venue.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Huh? what are you talking about? I thought the 30% profit is from the POT of the tournament, not from the venue fee.

IF it's from the venue fee, everyone will feel relieved. This is what I do. Your bro made it seem like you guys are taking money from the actual tournament, not the venue.
ugh, We get nothing from the venue, that's to pay for the venue. We're taking 34% out of each pot. Of that 34% Me and matt only get 30%. So if 34% of the pot is $300 Matt and I only get $90. We then split that to $45 each.

I hope we can stop talking about this and get HYPE for the actual tourney.

ChuDat

Smash Master
ugh, We get nothing from the venue, that's to pay for the venue. We're taking 34% out of each pot. Of that 34% Me and matt only get 30%. So if 34% of the pot is $300 Matt and I only get $90. We then split that to $45 each.

I hope we can stop talking about this and get HYPE for the actual tourney.
Your logic doesn't add up. Good luck with your tourney

D

Deleted member

God-is-my-Rock in a PM said:
Hey man, people are flaming a tourney thread I recently made. They're making us look bad because they're relentlessly complaining about the house cut. Is there anyway for us to make a new thread and delete the old one? Or at least tell people to stop flaming?

Here's the thread so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230804
No, I can't do any of that, and I'll tell you why.

1. this is probably the most civil debate ever in smashboards history. not only are they not flaming in any way, they are providing legitimate responses for their reasoning.

2. this entire thread has been about money and not the tournament. a new thread will just do the same thing.

3. you have reliable tournament hosts telling you that it is, and I quote "unacceptable". why are you continually restating your points as a means of justification instead of refuting them?

your potential attendees have every right to discuss the tournament as they so wish so long as it remains within smashboards standards, and thus far I see nothing wrong and no rules broken.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
soooo...what do you consider bringing 3 friends. spec quit brawl for a month so does bringin him and everyone else in my ride count.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Calvin just tack on 3 bucks to the venue fee, collect the "new" total venue.
Then take out the 3 bucks for each person before giving it to the owner.
Or just seperate it as you get it, problem solved right? And everyone one can be happy.

And there's your 34% that doesn't have to come out of the pot.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I can't afford $15 dollar venue fee to begin with then adding in a house cut and tournament entry fee. Thats my whole life savings so GIMR can I just come on Saturday and pay $5?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I can't afford $15 dollar venue fee to begin with then adding in a house fee and tournament entry fee. Thats my whole life savings so GIMR can I just come on Saturday and pay $5?
It's only $10 venue if you pre-reg. We don't have it up yet. And as of right now you can't come one day and pay $5

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Just to let you guys know, I talked to BB&G and we're gonna discuss all of your complaints.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Alright guys I talked too BB&G. They're willing to change the house cut to 20%. Is everyone cool with that?

boss8

Smash Hero
lol he thinks teaming with chu is auto first place when u gotta get through m2k ninjalink atomsk inui etc......

im not that good qwith marths on my team....

ask neo and CK......

or if m2k is open i will just team with him....

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
i was thinking, maybe i should team wit some1 else. i never teamed wit a d3, snake, mk, or any of those overly used folk. anyone lookin 4 a fox teammate?

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
i say we give em a chance and stop the whining. they did a good job with BTYF so i'll give them a shot with this; although I'll be expecting a more professionally run tourney if you guys plan to profit and all

if you guys make good on your promise to have larger and more professionally done tournies than I don't mind the extra fees. everyone knows GIMR and his bro are on the level so lets give them this one shot with no hassle. If the tourney doesn't seem worth the price than we can decide not to support them in the future

But who knows, they may be planning to be on some MLG type **** in a few years. it would be tight if we could have large professionally tournies and start getting some local/regional sponsors to help with payouts
Nice...

~JLB

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hmmm i will play teams if someone fun wants to team with me...

Snake/D3/Marth/DK want to team?

Anyways Kadaj, do you really want to be part of Mew2King's team? I mean honestly, I could team with M2K, and we would win the tournament still. It doesn't matter.

Maybe you should team with your friends from sova at some point instead of always trying to team with pros.

Edit: no one asked my opinion on this- so just ignore it if you think it's stupid, i don't think about what i post i just blurt out stuff

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Tant you of all people shouldn't be lecturing someone on trying to team above themselves :p

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Tant you of all people shouldn't be lecturing someone on trying to team above themselves :p
I can, I may have teamed with Plank, Chu, TUSM, and G-reg at some point, but I've also teamed with many non-top placers like

Waffle, POYO, Shinku, SSR, Rez, K9, Lil'B, Sito, etc. (I <3 all you guys!)

So yeah, I don't team with pros that often anyways...

Top Bottom