• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upcoming CFL Melee Tournaments (Update)

Zoro

Smash Champion
I have some ideas for upcoming melee tournaments its definitely not official yet. Im trying to see how many people would be interested before i set anything up.

First id like to have Weeklies or Bi weeklies (Tourneys not fests) over here in orlando
Hungryboxs house would be my first choice though i haven't talked to him about this at all.So he might not be up for it. If anybody else would like to host tourneys at their place let us know.

Edit: ok hungrys cool with it so all we need is people to say they wanna go.

Someone has contacted me about having a tourney up near gainesville. The town is called williston and its about an hour and a half away from orlando. Probably only a half an hour from gainesville (just estimating).Hes willing to give his place up and was pretty flexible with dates so itd be up to us.

Melee is too good of a game to just play friendlies at brawl tourneys. I want to see just as many melee tourneys as brawl tourneys. We played this game too long to abandon it.

How many of you guys would be interested in coming to these?

Update:

Ok i talked to hungrybox and he said as long as his parents are cool with it hes going to be doing bi weeklies (possibly triweeklies if his parents dont like the idea)
He'll post the topic for it whenever he decides to start running them. Which will probably be in august after fast and melee gigs.

I got confirmation from the guy up in williston and we decided to have it on the 2nd of august ill put up another topic soon.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Helllz yeah i know i would, and im 99% positive like the 6 other gville smashers would be interested too. Do you know why NY is such a power state in smash? They have weeklies where they get to play against bum, wes, D1 and PC.... WEEKLIES WITH 15+ HIGH CALIBER PLAYERS. Thanks to subways they're always just a 30 minute ride from one another or the tournament venue.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Alright ill try and set up a date with the guy in williston

Yeah man i went to a tourney in ny and it was such a cool experience.
Me and hiroshi rode the subway there and it only took like 15 minutes.
I wish we could do that over here but its FL man.
Im tryin to get orlando to start smashing on a weekly basis but we will see how things go.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
hell yea man I'd go. WE do need some CFL bi weeklies. Florida is too **** at smash to let that go down the drain.

Keep cfl community alive.

Try talking to people at melee gigs and let them know whatsup.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I've been planning a big Melee tournament which will take place in Miami. That is if people are willing to travel.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I've been planning a big Melee tournament which will take place in Miami. That is if people are willing to travel.
Tournament winnings get ***** by gas. Poor, poor fragmented florida...we should be sacrificing education funds to get a bullet train. I mean, it'd only help our tourism and tournament pot sizes.

lamugi

Smash Lord
Helllz yeah i know i would, and im 99% positive like the 6 other gville smashers would be interested too. Do you know why NY is such a power state in smash? They have weeklies where they get to play against bum, wes, D1 and PC.... WEEKLIES WITH 15+ HIGH CALIBER PLAYERS. Thanks to subways they're always just a 30 minute ride from one another or the tournament venue.
thats so true, id be down to come as well

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Tournament winnings get ***** by gas. Poor, poor fragmented florida...we should be sacrificing education funds to get a bullet train. I mean, it'd only help our tourism and tournament pot sizes.
Think about it as an investment. Plus this becomes less of an issue depending on the number of people showing up. There also are some traveling option which can reduce or split the cost of gas.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I dont want to do fests hungry i want to do tourneys

I dont know his name i still gotta get his address too

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'll tty to come to your melee tourneys, I have to talk to the rest o fthe Panhandle Manhandle bout this.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Very random, but very true. If I still lived in NY I would be beast because of this. Sucks I only went to one gauntlet when I didn't even play lol.

On a 2nd note, the tourney in williston is under an hour for me, so count me in :)

Linguini

Smash Master
My next melee tournament will be on August 23rd.

Mark your calendars because it's going to be the ****, im giving you all the heads up so no johns.

That is the defenite date.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
I will go. You live in orlando, so you are probably 45 minutes at most away from me. Sounds like fun!

Zoro

Smash Champion
he disappeared

he hasn't contacted me for a while

im waiting to hear from him
so for now its cancelled

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Private tournaments are the way to go. Based on my observations of this region there is an existing road called Williston (Road) approximately 5 minutes from campus. Furthermore, primary sources have stated that "[Williston is] pretty **** close".This supports my alternative hypothesis that it may, or improbably mayn't, perhaps, to an extent, lead to Williston. <-- annoying or what

AfroQT

Smash Master
Brawl and melee biweeklies, but if its only melee biweeklies...i think i still might show up.
HOPE YOU LIKE MY FORWARD AIR SON CUZ IST ALL I USE!

Frames

DI
ya hungry you should alternate, but do it so that there's a tournament every week (1st & 3rd week melee, 2nd & 4th week brawl, 4 weeks = 1 month)

Top Bottom