• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

Anther

Smash Champion
Shibby I fear you =x...

lol Jermesque. I'd feel much better against my Pika than Dope's anything... well maybe not his ganon... marth, captain falcon... .... >.>..

The only vid I want to see right now is Bryan vs Lain - Link vs Falco >=|!... or my set vs Dope at UMB6.. or maybe 5... can't remember no more XD.

And yes, Shaeden.. it's time for us to settle our differences with that Money Match.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
I've played Dope's Fox and Falco like 6 times now. I've played Shaeden's Marth 1 times now. Plus Shaeden is the only person at tourneys that's more metal than me, and it's intimidating.

I feel more confident letting my opponent control the pace of the match and adjusting to their character's speed than letting a womanly swordfighter combo me for 4 stocks anyway.

Anther, I might be able to not get [JV]4 stocked by you now, but I'm not counting on it... I suck at edgeguarding against Pika, and I refuse to let you play ICs or Falco, or any other character that isn't Pika agaisnt me until it's a close match. So I'll play Ganon, and Bowser against you, that way when I hit you I won't have to edgeguard.

Anther

Smash Champion
Yay Tony :B!
nice music, why's it sound so familiar XD?

yall should upload the whole chunks from 5,6,7.. I'll split them up. They probably won't be named right, but yeah =x.

Levitas

the moon
yo liquid, we don't actually know.

It's been really disruptive to all of our school stuff to pull off so many biweeklies, and we're gonna talk it over and see if it's a good idea to keep them going in '08.

We'll keep you guys posted.

And have some good times with the holidays and all!

Anther

Smash Champion
Wow, I didn't know I moved pika around that much after watching that match against Luls. All that technique, time for a new character ;;.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
yo liquid, we don't actually know.

It's been really disruptive to all of our school stuff to pull off so many biweeklies, and we're gonna talk it over and see if it's a good idea to keep them going in '08.

We'll keep you guys posted.

And have some good times with the holidays and all!

Might I request that there would at least be one the week after Brawl comes out for a Brawl tournament? SamuraiPanda and I are currently planning on doing a "documentary" of sorts and it would get good publicity for the UMB.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
He's been to.... two. UMB2 and UMB4. And I'm pretty sure you went to UMB2, lain. You shoulda seen him then, especially since he had the custom SMYN jersey and everything.

Levitas

the moon
lol, youko how could I ever say no to you?

Who knows, I'm thinking we'll just take everything in stride and cut back a bunch for the sake of school, but I have no intention of ending my smashing entirely. Like I said, we'll let everyone know when we do.

wOOt, two days till christmas!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
When I get back to school, i'll upload whatever vids i haven't already, and ppl who said they'd split them can do so.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
We haven't set a date for it yet. We'll talk about it after we get back from break (Jan 3rd) and get back to everyone when we make the decision.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I live in the Ann Arbor area and I also have a Japanese Wii and am getting Brawl shipped overnight the day it comes out in Japan. I ordered it well over a month ago, so I should be safe. I told the owner of Get Your Game On (Packard and State) I'd try to bring it in so everyone could enjoy it and if we get good reception, he might hold tournaments there. I believe he's already thinking of doing a Smash 64 tournament the night the US version is released.

I don't know if anyone had a Japanese Wii or anything but I do, and I'm within walking distance of Get Your Game On so if that's of interest to anyone, great! I'll make sure to post up and bring it to the store the moment I get it.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It's all about region-blocking. American games can't be played on a PAL (which is the region Japan is in) Wii, and PAL games can't be played on an American Wii. It's Nintendo's attempt to halt importing, I guess you could say.

^^^Vayseth, that sounds like an AWESOME idea!!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
^^ he speaks the truth.

Also, if we do continue UMBs, we're not doing one the first weekend back. At least, i'm not helping w/ it.

Vayseth

Smash Master
whats the difference between a japanese wii and the wii here
Actually, there are 3 regions. NTSC J (Japan), PAL, NTSC (USA/Canada). The reason they don't do region free is because if there wasn't one (aka, mod chip to get rid of it) it'll play anything, including burned games.

PS3 can get away with it because you can't really burn Bluray games that easily.

The point I'd like to confirm is... Japan gets it Jan 24th, 2 weeks before America. The key part about this being 23rd-25th is my window for getting the Japanese version of Brawl, meaning everyone who wants to can play it 2 weeks early.

Euch

Smash Rookie
*sigh* All this talk of Brawl. I should be a semi-pro at it by now... not waiting another month and a half to play it.

miller483

Smash Ace
Actually, there are 3 regions. NTSC J (Japan), PAL, NTSC (USA/Canada). The reason they don't do region free is because if there wasn't one (aka, mod chip to get rid of it) it'll play anything, including burned games.

PS3 can get away with it because you can't really burn Bluray games that easily.

The point I'd like to confirm is... Japan gets it Jan 24th, 2 weeks before America. The key part about this being 23rd-25th is my window for getting the Japanese version of Brawl, meaning everyone who wants to can play it 2 weeks early.
When you get the Japanese version, you HAVE to host a Brawlfest!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Where did all these brawl "noobs" come from, why haven't any of them come to our bi-weeklies, and what's with discussing brawl related stuff here?

miller483

Smash Ace
Where did all these brawl "noobs" come from, why haven't any of them come to our bi-weeklies, and what's with discussing brawl related stuff here?
Here are my travel Johnz:

1. I'm 16 (and lacking a driver's license)
2. Even if I did have a license, I'm lacking a car
3. I live about an hour and a half away from UofM.
4. I can't get a ride there due to reason 3.

Though I DID attend Smashtacular (one of them, can't remember which)

There. I'm done.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I've been playing a lot of other games and dropped outta smash. I kinda got sick of Melee (that and I'm a scrub, so yeah...). I wanted to get brawl since I have a J-Wii and haven't gotten a new game for it in a while.

Also, I'll be holding a smash fest the moment I get it. Prolly be at Get Your Game On.

Levitas

the moon
Vayseth, I've been meaning to set up a thread for the potential get you game on tourney, as John talked to me about it the last time I was in. PM me sometime.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You also live less than half an hour away from UofM, but you've only made it to just over half of our UMBs.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Here are my travel Johnz:

1. I'm 16 (and lacking a driver's license)
2. Even if I did have a license, I'm lacking a car
3. I live about an hour and a half away from UofM.
4. I can't get a ride there due to reason 3.

Though I DID attend Smashtacular (one of them, can't remember which)

There. I'm done.

same johnz! kinda

1. Don't have a car
2. Live half an hour away
3; Parents too lazy to drive me

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Holy cartwheels batman! Hey Vargaseth, I didn't know you came back here at all. (Wilson)

Also, the (only) time I talked to the Get your Game on guy he was talking about a release night party, not a j-release one. He sounded perfectly willing though.

Top Bottom