• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

Anther

Smash Champion
lol and btw petre, that was amazing. I'm pretty sure that we were about to play against eachother before we found out that we heard wrong XD.

xstompx

Smash Cadet
This is Stephen ("Steven"). Just wanted to say I had a great time getting my *** kicked by everyone this week :-D.

Btw, it was John Maise who brought the smash 64 stuff. Gotta love it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Is everyone voting for Saturday? I'm guessing that'll be the day it's set, then.

Anther

Smash Champion
Besides scotu being ****, and beating me in a bracket match since the first time we tourney'd... Lain was also almost ****... but wasn't clutch enough to be true ****.

ppppoooooooooooooooooooo

lain

Smash Master
lol. i <3 sandbagging.

i mean, watch out, oki's G&W is **** :laugh:

but really okiyama, you're causing some commotion. you're really ****ing fast with fox and you do some insane ****. keep it up, and work on your mindgames and spacing and you could even beat racists.

:colorful:

lain

Smash Master
pools are up.

i have a horrible one. : /

two PRO samus players (HugS and Wes), captain falcon player (matchup i'm not good at), shiek player (gay), and a decent marth (enjoyable finally).

i think i'll start practicing falco hardcore now to counter these guys -_- (at least for the sheik and falcon. i have no ****ing clue how to fight a good samus player)

lain

Smash Master
pools are up.

i have a horrible one. : /

two PRO samus players (HugS and Wes), captain falcon player (matchup i'm not good at), shiek player (gay), and a decent marth (enjoyable finally).

i think i'll start practicing falco hardcore now to counter these guys -_- (at least for the sheik and falcon. i have no ****ing clue how to fight a good samus player)

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
Sheik > Samus

1 needle stops any missile or charge shot. They can't CC lots of your better/smarter moves.

Or you can just go Fox and be comfortable with YOUR character, and hope they dislike the matchup, however, I hear from Hylian that Samus v Fox is an enjoyable match (for the Samus).

lain

Smash Master
****. jermesque. good ****. haha.

i GUESS i could try sheik (blech). i wish there was one last day to smash

hint at anyone please. wink wink. haha.

Anther

Smash Champion
Be very patient vs Samus, run around till you get a good opening, forcing it will kill you >.>.. But... they are Wes and Hugs, so GL wit dat =P.

lain

Smash Master
heh, yeh that's what i was noticing in vids. and yeah, they ARE HugS and Wes XD so i'm gonna have a ***** of a time : /

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
I know JUST enough about high level smash to talk about it without being able to perform it >.>

No, I can do everything high level, except waveshine consistently, and read my opponent =/.

EDIT: Lain, we'll be able to practice at HAT's place at very least.

Piratey_Critter

Smash Apprentice
Good tourney on Saturday guys. I'll be at the next one, but to be honest I can't wait 'till Brawl just because I won't have to fight Falco any more :p

I'm a little late, but whenever I try to get on the boards it doesn't work >.<

Where are you playing Wes and Hugs?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Falco is in brawl. He's got two lasers this time. They didn't take out every other clone. Ganon & CF are in (and clones). There are still 2 links (idk if they're clones or not).

Levitas

the moon
In a very literal sense, Lucas is a clone. Seeing as he has a twin brother, lol.

Lain, kick some *** at pound 3. And stuff.

lain

Smash Master
thanks a lot guys, i hope i improve a bunch again so i can get... A WHOPPING 3RD place... once in my life. :laugh:

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, lain, you will never get 3rd place. Me or Scotu will always be there to take you out. GL at pound everyone.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey guys, I have an announcement to make.

One of the SSBM stations at UMB9 was set to Damage Ratio 1.1, for some reason. This affected lain's set against thax, and Shaeden's set against Khovastis, as far as I know. I don't think Khovastis made a big deal out of it, but thax tells me it made him lose (wait, his Peach falling to Shine made him lose? lol) and says the following:

(1:58:44 AM) thaxceptional1: maybe thats why i lost then
(1:58:47 AM) thaxceptional1: SO U GUYS MESSED Up
(1:58:50 AM) thaxceptional1: U CHEATED ME OUT
(1:58:51 AM) thaxceptional1: the bracket
(1:58:59 AM) thaxceptional1: oh so i see whats goin on
(1:58:59 AM) thaxceptional1: now
(1:59:21 AM) thaxceptional1: tryna set up plots to make me lose
(2:00:06 AM) thaxceptional1: so i demand either my money back or my placing to be altered
(2:00:12 AM) thaxceptional1: or ill have to put u on blast
(2:00:47 AM) thaxceptional1: yah make a thread about the rigged tournaments in u of m

I'm currently too amused by his demands and subsequent threats to give him a proper response, so I figure it's best for you guys to tell me how to handle this.

Top Bottom