• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
DAMAGE RATIO JOHNS LOL!!!!

suck it up, thax. it wasnt just YOUR damage ratio that was upped, it was his too. if you were really better than lain, you should have killed him FASTER than normal.
Look ankoku just likes to stir up some words i say and make it seem like im complaining. He's the one who brought up the 1.1 ratio and all i was saying is i wasn't informed about it and said thats not how a tournament should be ran. Ankoku was just running his mouth about how i should of been waveshined and if the ratio was 1.0 i would be easily four stocked n blah blah cause he was mad he lost to lain. thats it, good night.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol thax. The reason you lost is because you suck. If peach falls to the shine it makes it worse for the fox. Hmm, lets see. If peach falls to the shine it means no more shine to up smash to up air ****. But I guess now that I think about it, thats such a disadvantage to the peach. If the peach gets shined then they expect to get up smashed so they, DI accordingly, but wait, if the peach doesn't get up smashed then the DI was for nothing, and everyone knows a wasted DI is as good as death, oh snap, the fox just mindgamesed you.

Hey thax, remember that time that I 0-44%ed your fox, and my falco, with up tilts and then you fell off the stage, and then you fire foxed towards the stage, and so I edge guarded you with an up tilt, and then did 3 more up tilts on you as I walked across the entire stage of pokemon stadium? Those were fun times.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey, I was told by lain that he 4-stocked you. You then claimed that you weren't, and I said I supposed that was why lain actually decided to tell me there was something up. The fact that you didn't even realize anything was wrong really should be telling me something, but I'm not sure what.

Yeah, I'm mad that I lost to lain. See, I have this utter hatred of losing to anybody with four letters in their name, which is why I call you thax. I'll see you at UMB11, Mr. 46.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
The fact that you didn't even realize anything was wrong really should be telling me something, but I'm not sure what.
I'll be the one to point out the painfully obvious. Its that hes bad. lol, that was fun.

but really, the point of the post is to ask the following: why did you call him mr. 46?

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
Hey, I was told by lain that he 4-stocked you. You then claimed that you weren't, and I said I supposed that was why lain actually decided to tell me there was something up. The fact that you didn't even realize anything was wrong really should be telling me something, but I'm not sure what.

Yeah, I'm mad that I lost to lain. See, I have this utter hatred of losing to anybody with four letters in their name, which is why I call you thax. I'll see you at UMB11, Mr. 46.
i swear on my life i was never four stocked...on my life. **** it u guys dont believe me so ill jzu have to whoop some *** the next umb.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
this is exactly how it went (yah i suck but juz trna prove i wasnt 4 stocked)

PCh against FOx, he 2 stocked me, Pch against Marth 2 stock, Pch against Flacon 1 stock, DK against PCh 2 stock

in the tournament:
Pch against fox 2 stock, Pch against fox 3 stock

Levitas

the moon
Dude whatever. It's not that big a deal either way.

And if you're gonna get better, that's cool. Just get better. And stop talking ****. It's annoying as hell.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Look ankoku just likes to stir up some words i say and make it seem like im complaining. He's the one who brought up the 1.1 ratio and all i was saying is i wasn't informed about it and said thats not how a tournament should be ran. Ankoku was just running his mouth about how i should of been waveshined and if the ratio was 1.0 i would be easily four stocked n blah blah cause he was mad he lost to lain. thats it, good night.
Damager atio does not affect knockback actually it only affects how much % each attack does so waveshining's physics work the same.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, that's not how it works at all. At Damage Ratio 2.0, Roy's Reverse Blazer kills practically everyone, but still only deals 7%.

So in other words, it's opposite of what you just said.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Actually, that's not how it works at all. At Damage Ratio 2.0, Roy's Reverse Blazer kills practically everyone, but still only deals 7%.

So in other words, it's opposite of what you just said.
Darn, I knew it effected one thing but not the other >.<

Lol I was just passing on knowledge from Antdgar, he said that once I guess I just remembered incorrectly.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Change occured. I'll be getting smash by the weekend or by mid-week next week at the latest. I'll bring it to get your game on and post when I get it. Sorry for saying I wasn't getting it before, but money has seemed to fall into my hands =)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yes, and you would know this if Randizzle actually bothered to update the front page like he claims he can. >_>

lain

Smash Master
what is get your game on?

you should bring it to the UMB. all i'm sayin'.

DA Dave brought brawl to pound3. it was sex.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
By the way guys, I'm getting top 10 at every UMB I attend from now on, however, I WON'T be attending this one. Therefore I can't bring TVs. Therefore tell people to bring their own. Therefore goodnight, 11 hours of driving plays Peach.

Vayseth

Smash Master
It has shipped so it's just a matter of when it shows up. I'll be probably unlocking it at my apartment first with a couple friends and then after it is unlocked I'll bring it to Get Your Game On.

Get Your Game On is a Game Store over on State and Packard. It's pretty coo.

Levitas

the moon
Jermesque, that's a fairly bold statement considering everything. In any event, we'll see you when you show up next, and thanks for the warning about the TVs.

Vayseth, enjoy, and be sure to let us know when this stuff's going down.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
Now that I took a shower, I came back to check again, and not only will I make top 10, but lain will get 3rd [Assuming Bigy, Dope etc. aren't there]. From now on, UMBs will look like this until someone gets much better: 1/2: Anther/Shaeden, 3: Lain 4-10: 5th Column/Jermesque/Cryptic etc.

I'd like to be the first to say that unless you guys got much better while we were at pound, Lain is going to beat Bowyer, Scotu, Ankoku, etc. consistently.

</forcing Lain not to scrub it up at UMBs>

EDIT: I want it to be painfully obvious that I'm not talking ****, I like all of 5th column, they're good people. I'm just pretty confident that these predictions are accurate, if not exact.

DOUBLE EDIT: I think Brawl looks not fun, and I've seen a lot of it this weekend. It truly fulfills the stereotype that so many gamefaqs top 10 lists have given the other SSB games. "A fun party game with a shallow learning curve." ...Of course I'm saying this 5 days after the game came out, so there's a much better chance that I'm wrong about this part than the rest of this post.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Now that I took a shower, I came back to check again, and not only will I make top 10, but lain will get 3rd [Assuming Bigy, Dope etc. aren't there]. From now on, UMBs will look like this until someone gets much better: 1/2: Anther/Shaeden, 3: Lain 4-10: 5th Column/Jermesque/Cryptic etc.

I'd like to be the first to say that unless you guys got much better while we were at pound, Lain is going to beat Bowyer, Scotu, Ankoku, etc. consistently.

</forcing Lain not to scrub it up at UMBs>
lol, you're a funny man Jermesque... funny funny man.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Change occured. I'll be getting smash by the weekend or by mid-week next week at the latest. I'll bring it to get your game on and post when I get it. Sorry for saying I wasn't getting it before, but money has seemed to fall into my hands =)
Sweet, I guess I'll get a chance to test Brawl before I cancel my reservation at EB Games.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Didn't lain say something similar to this when he came back from *pound* 2?

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
Was Pound 2 yesterday? >.>

EDIT: and I'm not saying you guys can't/don't improve, that's just silly. But I sincerely believe that Lain will beat you guys a majority of the time now.

Levitas

the moon
Lol, seems we're all feeling a wave of insomnia tonight. And ankoku has a very valid point.

Although, if I were lain, I'd want revenge on behalf of my falco. Maybe he should *pound* me into the ground once or twice. Of course, I've never beat him in a set, so whatever.

Don't worry Jermesque, I'll do my best to elliminate you before you meet your goal, lol. Ness > Roy.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
anther got in brackets at pound and then threw his sets away... he played like an idiot.. no offense anther but you disappoint me. oh.. and the racist rapper is the best team ever... even though it wasn't meant to be.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, jermesque. Lain didn't even make it out of 1st pools and you're expecting him to beat us consistently. Funny funny man indeed.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
Pools don't show the fact that we housed with DJ Nintendo+Alukard, Jman+Hax (Team that beat Chu+Chillin 2-1 first round of doubles) Eggm, QDVS, Col Bol, Khepri, and like 30 other people who friendlied for 3 days straight. You're gonna see Shaeden do some things you've never seen him do, and he didn't make it out of second pools.

Michigan smash is like Canadian Healthcare. Everyone has it, but you have to wait so long to get better you were better off going somewhere else in the first place.

Pound was a national tournament There were a TON of amazing players there. I didn't make it out of my pool (obviously), and I had one of the easier pools there (Dark.Pch, Kaiser[Neo's partner], Ky, Sensei, Nava, Euphoria, myself) but I took 3 stock off of Sethlon in a Roy ditto (after he beat Darkrain 3 matches straight no less), and held the longest combo against M2K of every MI player there. I improved a lot, and so did the other 3 that drove with me. I'm still not good, but I got better. Anther and Shaeden will remain the dominating force(s) in the UMBs and Lain will show some promise.

By the way: Anther 3 stocked Chinesahh at Battlefield, his counterpick stage. Then beat DoH at the random(can't remember, sorry), and Mute City. Uber ****ing props M I RITE?

Ok, goodnight for real this time.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yer talkin' way too big, ze. I can't comprehend how much you may have improved at all because you guys all went to *pound* 3 which was a national tournament and was AMAZING and I didn't go, 'cos I've never been to a national level tournament before.

Kail

Smash Lord
I took 3 stock off of Sethlon in a Roy ditto (after he beat Darkrain 3 matches straight no less), and held the longest combo against M2K of every MI player there.

By the way: Anther 3 stocked Chinesahh at Battlefield, his counterpick stage. Then beat DoH at the random(can't remember, sorry), and Mute City. Uber ****ing props M I RITE?
I don't really see how this matters. Play style is a huge part of this game. Best example I can give is when we went to FC:D. Sure I didn't win, but I took M2K to last stock 80% of the time and beat Doll in a peach ditto even when I don't play her.

What I'm getting at is, it's not really a matter of how good someone's tech skill or mind games are but a matter of experience and play style. If you watch Dope play vs someone like Bigy you'll understand. Dope plays really slow waits for you to mess up, then will combo you until you smart up and get away. Not saying Bigy isn't smart, but his play style is unbelievably aggressive and anyone of Ballrest or the UMBs can pretty much vouch for that.

Now neither one of these are wrong, but in every tournament I've been too, I have generally done better against people who are more aggressive because that is how West MI rolls.

What I'm getting at is mainly this, Just because you have a few accomplishments under your belt honestly doesn't mean you got better, there could of been a major source of luck on your side or any number of reasons. Unless you completely changed your play style you'll be as easy to beat because people in MI know how you play versus the people who just met you.

Also: Anther cheats on Battlefield, it's a scientific FACT.
Also also: Congratulations on what you did accomplish though.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
One should also note that, no matter what it may feel like, major improvements don't happen instantaneously. If it's your point to be like: "lol pound3 was too good, and you guys didn't go", you should've just said that instead of making claims on no basis of comparison. Even if you changed how you play, you probably haven't changed the way you think. You probably haven't improved you tech skill a whole hell of a lot, and as kail said, you sure as hell haven't changed your playstyle.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
I don't really see how this matters. Play style is a huge part of this game. Best example I can give is when we went to FC:D. Sure I didn't win, but I took M2K to last stock 80% of the time and beat Doll in a peach ditto even when I don't play her.

What I'm getting at is, it's not really a matter of how good someone's tech skill or mind games are but a matter of experience and play style. If you watch Dope play vs someone like Bigy you'll understand. Dope plays really slow waits for you to mess up, then will combo you until you smart up and get away. Not saying Bigy isn't smart, but his play style is unbelievably aggressive and anyone of Ballrest or the UMBs can pretty much vouch for that.

Now neither one of these are wrong, but in every tournament I've been too, I have generally done better against people who are more aggressive because that is how West MI rolls.

What I'm getting at is mainly this, Just because you have a few accomplishments under your belt honestly doesn't mean you got better, there could of been a major source of luck on your side or any number of reasons. Unless you completely changed your play style you'll be as easy to beat because people in MI know how you play versus the people who just met you.

Also: Anther cheats on Battlefield, it's a scientific FACT.
Also also: Congratulations on what you did accomplish though.
one of the best posts i read in here, this is 100% absolutely true.

Kail

Smash Lord
12 hour class days, running a restaurant, and creating 2 menus that have no ingredients other then spices repeated. I don't have much time to go out.

Top Bottom