• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
posts are fun, i wanna do this all night. but someone will probably snitch on me to kirby king again.

ay boyr, and jman or whatever u wanna do these mm's in southfield. because i dont have time to drive to ann arbor.

Vayseth

Smash Master
U of M has a decent medical school program. I'm not sure how they are with educational in-breeding tho (aka, go from undergrad into grad at the same school).

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
^true, well i think im going to wayne state next yr but transferring the yr after to a better school. hopefully if i go out of state i can try hopkins for graduate. i dunno though.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If boyr/ jman wanna drive out to wherever, I'll MM you for what I'll owe them in gas + $1. But no one's gonna drive there, since there's like, not any smashfests there.

lain

Smash Master
cuz lain beat me i guess everybody in the world think they can beat me, ok mm against every1 in the entire universe a dollar...do yall accept
two words:

money match?

also, i ALREADY beat scotu and ankoku and boyr consistently. :)

but really, i'm gonna john about jeremesque talking me up and making me "nervous" :laugh:. guess i'll just try my hardest to win for no johns. :laugh: :dizzy:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Con-sis-tent-ly?

UMB1
Singles Brackets
Winners' bracket
Defeated Jman
Lost to Fuse

Losers' bracket
Defeated Dsin
Lost to Ankoku

UMB2
Singles Pools
Ankoku 2-1 lain

UMB5
Singles Brackets
Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Happy
Lost to Dope

Losers' bracket
Lost to Ankoku

UMB9
Singles Bracket
Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated thaxceptional1
Lost to Anther

Losers' bracket
Defeated petre
Defeated Ankoku

Ya finally got me at UMB9 in brackets and MM. You're gonna haveta beat me again to prove "consistent."

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
Assuming that one happened every two weeks as planned, UMB5 was at least 10 weeks ago, UMB1 was at least 20. And we all know there was a large gap between many of these "biweeklies". Would you agree that improvement can happen over the course of 10 weeks? ^_^

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So consistency has nothing to do with history? I don't get what you're implying. lain beat me at UMB9, therefore he consistently beats me?

Well, I may as well give up now, since over the past 10 weeks lain's been improving and I haven't at all. :( Not a bit.

Actually, I'm more or less as good as I was back in July as I am now, and the only reason I'm beating people is because everyone else got worse.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
i don't understand this... getting butt hurt over someones opinion. who cares if lain doesn't beat you consistently and jerm thinks he does. it really doesn't matter unless it truly bothers you that anyone could possibly think that someone else is better than you. everyone thinks i lose to ganon and i suck at pokefloats.

You can easily get a loads better from one tournament. anyone who says otherwise is wrong and didn't pay close enough attention to what went wrong in their matches. I'm not saying lain got a lot better.. but it's possible that he did.. and to rule it out just because of your own experiences makes you ignorant.

also a lot of Jermesque's posts are just him being excited that he got to play sethlon. don't take that away from him with your negativity. evil people. god. anther is white.

Piratey_Critter

Smash Apprentice
Unless someone wants to team up with me at this week's tourney (there's one this week, right?) than I think I'm gonna come later just for singles.

Do they usually start around 6:00, like last time, or what?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
No, we usually start before that. I think the earliest we have started was around 3:45p, so I would get there no later than that. But usually we start around 4:30p. If you wanted to play teams, you could probably find someone to team with right before the tourney starts.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, I get bothered when I can't see the logic in something brought to my attention. EXAMPLE: Lucas is already in Brawl, therefore Ness shouldn't be in Brawl either. But that doesn't really matter much anymore, 'cause lain beats me consistently and I don't get better. While I can't prove the former yet, the latter's really easy to see.

Why?
UMB1: 5/13
UMB2: 7/24
UMB3: 7/23
UMB4: 9/22
UMB5: 5/22
UMB7: 7/17
UMB8: 7/15
UMB9: 7/24

Look at all of those 7th places. See, this is why I'm not really annoyed by people telling me I suck, because I already know that I do.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
i don't understand this... getting butt hurt over someones opinion. who cares if lain doesn't beat you consistently and jerm thinks he does. it really doesn't matter unless it truly bothers you that anyone could possibly think that someone else is better than you. everyone thinks i lose to ganon and i suck at pokefloats.

You can easily get a loads better from one tournament. anyone who says otherwise is wrong and didn't pay close enough attention to what went wrong in their matches. I'm not saying lain got a lot better.. but it's possible that he did.. and to rule it out just because of your own experiences makes you ignorant.

also a lot of Jermesque's posts are just him being excited that he got to play sethlon. don't take that away from him with your negativity. evil people. god. anther is white.
wait, i thought he was black?

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
Gotta look past the skin, man, lol.
I don't get it, are you saying cause he doesn't portray the widely stereotyped way of a "black" male that he isn't black. Because black people are supposed to sound like "thugs"? I have many black friends who are well educated and are pursuing careers instead of staying on the streets like this country would like to believe they are apparently. If anything, you are the racist one.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Or maybe you're thinkin' into this way too much. Anther's white 'cos SCOTU's the token black asian guy.

Levitas

the moon
Woah, that's not at all what I meant. Jeez, I really didn't think that there was any insulting way to take a comment like that.

Sorry if anyone took that the wrong way.

Luladin

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure it's Anther that's racist. Of Course Anther is going to call Shaeden a racist, because Anther is the only racist and trying to place the blame.

TEAM AIR!

M I RITE?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Thax, nobody can sd as well as you.

Except maybe bowyer.
****, its true :(.

Record of my Young Link vs various Marths over the past couple of days.
(Marth players include Scotu, Ankoku, Jman, Darkssin)
14-1-0

So now lets rethink the common question of: Young Link bad?
**** yeah, Y. Link sucks a giant fat ***, Marth just obviously sucks worse.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just 'cause you won doesn't mean Marth sucks. It just means I'm terrible, which I already proved like one or two pages back.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Well if I only beat you then it would mean you just suck. But I beat 4 separate people a total of 14 out of 15 times. It proves that Marth sucks more than Y. Link, and Y. Link blows giant chunks. In fact it proves that Y. Link is at least 93.33333333333333333333333333333333333% better than Marth. And facts are not opinions so you can't argue with it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Video thing: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2282795852262082654&hl=en

I don't know about everyone else, but apparently all I actually do with Marth is fsmash. It's not his fault that your Young Link doesn't get hit by them all the time. It is, however, your fault that your Ice Climbers get hit by them a lot.

Oh, and this video was taken last night, meaning we'll be recording stuff at the next UMB. : )

Top Bottom