• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Singles brackets vids are completely split, and are being uploaded right now.

lain

Smash Master
dayum.

what sucks is tjhe only videos i had on that tv are ones i lost : (

should have had my moneymatches on there or somethinggg....

oh well. next time.... haha

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
Jermesque stop talking yourself up. srsly you're hurting lains feelings. also i got 3 and 4 stocked like 8 times this tourney. no regrets.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I regret not counterpicking Battlefield against everyone I played against. Random Battlefield -> counterpick Battlefield -> counterpick Battlefield ftw.

lain

Smash Master
lol.

yeah.... drk.pch is pretty good. very impressive. i went even with him (although sometimes when he beat me it was really bad :( ) hahh.

i need to stop getting 5th and 4th at UMB's and stop sucking. haha.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
because you can beat my marth + some other random marths around, doesn't mean that your YL pwns marths. just lain's marth.

lain

Smash Master
he's something of legendary

yeah my marth blows. hahah. i'll do it for... $3. that's as much as i'm willing to part with. haha.

btw, falco ditto mm? or just a normal mm?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Quick Question:

What's everyone's impression of Brawl so far? From what I hear it's rather varied. I've even heard pro-melee people say they'd rather see "two melee n00bs hump a doorknob than play brawl." I'm kinda curious what everyone here thinks about it.

I think it's a shame they took out a lot of the AT, especially since if this game isn't all that deep, MLG prolly won't pick it up. However, a lot of AT is still in it, making it fun for both newbs and pros. Seeing as I like watching pro-melee more than actually slaving away and learning the timings and inputs for melee I never learned how to do a lot of the stuff but I am rather studied on form and set ups in the game and know good Melee when I see it. I'm just hoping brawl can one day be as entertaining, since I wanna give this game the chance I never gave melee.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Quick Question:

What's everyone's impression of Brawl so far? From what I hear it's rather varied. I've even heard pro-melee people say they'd rather see "two melee n00bs hump a doorknob than play brawl." I'm kinda curious what everyone here thinks about it.

I think it's a shame they took out a lot of the AT, especially since if this game isn't all that deep, MLG prolly won't pick it up. However, a lot of AT is still in it, making it fun for both newbs and pros. Seeing as I like watching pro-melee more than actually slaving away and learning the timings and inputs for melee I never learned how to do a lot of the stuff but I am rather studied on form and set ups in the game and know good Melee when I see it. I'm just hoping brawl can one day be as entertaining, since I wanna give this game the chance I never gave melee.
I haven't played it yet. Weren't you going to get it early and change that?

Vayseth

Smash Master
d00d, shipped last Monday. Any day now. I'm just basically killin time watchin videos online like the rest of you. It'll be here no later than Friday (5-10 day shipping since last monday so...)

Levitas

the moon
Nobody I've talked to doesn't like it. However, Scotu and bowyer have been phrasing it like "Less of a dissappointment".

Personally, I really like what I've seen.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
brawls pretty boring to watch without the adv tech, hope its not like that about playing, comboing seems harder unless theres some new combos thatr yet to be found, and wtf they all live up to like 160% o_0

also, snake has mine-games har har

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That avatar... I'd recognize my own work anywhere. About time the new avatars are up.

lain

Smash Master
meep.

brawl is fun as ****. i've decided ever since playing it at pound3.

competitive? i really don't think as much as melee. but definitely the most fun ever.

Top Bottom