• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

okiyama

Smash Ace
Ok I found it, what're you doing from Friday of next week til Wednesday of the following week?

I hope my cousin doesn't get too mad he was gonna drive for an hour to get here on Saturday, lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It'd be one hell of a feat to move a University of Michigan biweekly to move away from the University of Michigan.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
You have no way of getting into Bursley without us being here. And there won't be many people walking in and out at noon on a saturday when everyone is at home. So it'd prolly be a really bad idea to hold one during spring break.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Alex at GYGO has said we could hold things there if we bring the setups. Obviously we'd need to ask him soon (like, tomorrow) but he has the room, and I've talked to him about it before.

lain

Smash Master
really enzyme? that'd be nice if you told them.

then if we are to hold it, i want to know everyone who could come. and everyone who can bring a setup to there

Levitas

the moon
lol, parking there is actually far worse unless it's on sunday. Also, it feels crowded with that many people, but it's a cool place.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
By "actual parking" do you mean parallel parking in the middle of downtown?

Because I haven't seen much else besides that.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
I can't make it over there today, I'm visiting my mother in the hospital O_o! So if anyone's going to play Brawl, ask him about it. I don't know if he'd want a venue fee or not. Also, there's significantly more room in the back, we were just all crowded around the window.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
And even on Sunday, parking isn't more than an hour or two.

I actually need to get a new **** ****ing motherboard. Even ****ing better.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
There's guest parking across the street from the back side of Bursley.

A motherboard is basically the thing that holds your whole computer together. It's where your everything inside your computer is connected to all the other things.

okiyama

Smash Ace
So is there a UMB going on next Saturday? I'm not concerned with the location I just need to know so I can tell my cousin to drive down to Ann Arbor or not.

lain

Smash Master
okay i want everyone who can come say they can (or for another person)

also, anyone who can bring setups please note or not

we will be holding it at GYGO

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I have nothing to do with this one, since I'm not even going to be showing up to it.

lain

Smash Master
i think that not enough people will show up (i.e. at least 10) to a new place at the start of a winter break.

things are looking down. i guess we should just run the UMB at... UofM.... the actual place.... next week. haha.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
So it looks like the next UMB is going to be either the 29th or the 1st. I'll be back by then so I can help run it if Ankoku is still away, but I don't have a computer to run tio on... **** motherboard :mad:

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Okay, so I got the days wrong. The next UMB is actually going to be either the 1st (Sat) or the 2nd (Sun).

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Dude, that'd be wicked sweet. I think we'd even give you free entry to the melee tourney for bringing it, if you wanted to play.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Since you're the only one bringing Brawl, we were going to make it a free side event anyway, I'd think. Boyr was saying that you'd get free entry to the Melee tournament.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
^^^OMG, sheik has boobs! Tony, what does that collection of words mean?

@Alex: Yeah, brawl will definitely be free. But we are charging $5 for the melee tourney which you have the option of entering for free because you are bringing brawl.

Top Bottom