• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

okiyama

Smash Ace
Also, there's no way of knowing how fast this'll go.

Last time we started at around 5 but if less TVs show up we'd go slower.
I might need a team partner for next time but I'm not sure... I'll say if I need one.

My 2 comments on the tournament:
That was the most fun I've had in a while, I'm glad I went I got a LOT better from learning while I was there.
Scotu I was beating you but we had to quit so that we could do singles... >.> oh wells, next time :)

lain

Smash Master
johns.

PETRE. i was actually asking tony about you at the last UMB. get yo montross-lookin' *** down her on the 26th man. haha.

Levitas

the moon
Anther, I'll learn Sheik, so that the marth and sheik count increases. Is that ok?

Pure Ness is for people who are ok with losing. lol.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
I recently took up sheik. I could probably stand for some Sheik v Pika matches. I'm not going to promise I won't try to chain grab you though...

...I mean I'll fail at it, but I might still try.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
I'm going all Ganon, but my Ganon is garbs, so it's like going all [insert terrible character here] anyway.

Maybe I'll just use whoever I want like the last tourney *shrug* I'll learn more about different characters that way.

In conclusion, this post has been absolutely unimportant and provides no truth, besides the fact that my Ganon skill is roughly equal to the gender of Samus: No one knows for sure, and it doesn't matter anyway.

Levitas

the moon
... Samus is a girl. It mattered when people first beat Metroid...

PS, going as one character tends to not be the best strategy. Instead, try playing Magic the gathering. People who try to play tend to be dumb, and you can just wreck them and win prizes. And that is how I spent 10 hours of a Saturday. Man, I'm lame.

Also, gannon Utilt is win.

lain

Smash Master
well jermesque, i'd recommend trying to find characters you really like and feel comfortable with first off by playing with friends and whatnot.

then try them out here at the UMB. that's what i did at least. :colorful:

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
well jermesque, i'd recommend trying to find characters you really like and feel comfortable with first off by playing with friends and whatnot.

My Roy and Ganon have actually been pretty stable lately, I want to put some pressure on you guys1 before I lose at the next UMB.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

I just play them against SCOTU and Bowyer, because the most accurate measure of how good my character would be in a tournament setting is how well they do against space animals, rofl.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
I just want it to be set in stone that I am bringing 3 TVs and 1 Gamecube, at MINIMUM. Possibly 4 tvs, and more than likely, 2-3 Gamecubes.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
^ if you have that many tv's why dont u ever have more setups during those times we smashed...i hate waiting for 3-4 people to get out just to play again.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
^ if you have that many tv's why dont u ever have more setups during those times we smashed...i hate waiting for 3-4 people to get out just to play again.
I have all those TVs in Dearborn Heights.

If you want to drive yourself out here for these smashfests, I can have 3 TVs going at once. I was under the influence you wanted to have them out in Redford, seeing as it's closer to where you live *shrug* I would rather have them here anyway.

lain

Smash Master
hell, that's what i do ;)

jermesque is basically my philosopher king now.

i can for sure bring my cube. maybe a tv if a friend comes along. if my dad drives then no sir!

someone should definitely confirm another tv. eh..? EH..???

Piratey_Critter

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone.

I heard about this at the tourney up in Howell a few days ago. I was going by AaronS there, if anybody remembers me. I played ICs.

I'll be at the thing on Saturday. Should I bring a TV?

Levitas

the moon
YES!!!!!

But in all seriousness yes. I take it you heard from Anther and Ankoku?

EDIT: Jermesque, you rock once again. I cannot stop saying that.

Piratey_Critter

Smash Apprentice
I actually wasn't aware there was a real tourney in town >.<

I stopped playing because I would rather quit than play at AADL, and there really wasn't anywhere else to play.

I still play Samus by the way, I just do ICs as well.

Is this still held at the address in the original post? Just making sure :)

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
man shut yo black *** up, u lucky u in Georgia or i would beat the **** out of u and your family and piss on your grave.

Top Bottom