• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
lain's going to be doing work-related work while I sit back and click on names to set up pools and brackets. But since I'm there, I get to declare it UMB8.

But that shouldn't matter to thaxceptional1, since according to him there's no point in going to these things anymore now that Brawl's coming. : )

The rest of you should still come, 'cause Melee's still **** fun.
actually im coming ankoku, so u can have fun whoopin my a$$

whats the exact location n what time does singles start?

Levitas

the moon
Can I whoop your *** too?

It's at bursley again, get here at 12:00. If you forgot where bursley is, it's just south of plymoth road in ann arbor at the intersection of Murfin and Duffield. Should be on the front page of this thread. I'll look forward to seeing everyone there.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Singles takes considerably longer, so there could be no break for food till like 8. I won't be able to do singles either on account of rehearsal, so I feel your pain, but doubles will come first. (Unless Lain gives the go-ahead. *Places blame on Lain for dickitude*)

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
Can I whoop your *** too?

It's at bursley again, get here at 12:00. If you forgot where bursley is, it's just south of plymoth road in ann arbor at the intersection of Murfin and Duffield. Should be on the front page of this thread. I'll look forward to seeing everyone there.
Yea u can all whoop my ***, bring ur little sister too so you guys can laugh while she whoops my ***.

Also previously when i came it was tough to find a parking lot. Where is the nearest place to park?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I think I'm gonna come, so an SWF mod will actually be there. ZOMGWHAAAA?

Not to say this mod is good at Melee. Cuz in actuality, he sucks. And the prior UMB hosts can vouch for that, lol.

Levitas

the moon
Ok, so there's a parking lot at the intersection of Murfin and Hubbard (which is RIGHT by bursley), and it's on the NorthEast corner. Park there. From there you get to walk across to the southwest corner and bursley's that huge complex. Go to the central part of bursley, by that I mean there's a U shaped street on the south side of Hubbard (the east/west street) that leads to a bus stop and stuff, that's the central area of bursley. Just head there.

See everyone there.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, were you looking for a specific excuse not to come? lain's got the initial say on what happens first or last or not at all.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
no but if singles happens first id definitely come, and i need to know whether it will come first or not by the end of the night, or at least right when i wake up tomorrow

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
what rileys teaming with you??

i just texted him and he said he'd team with me........i swear im not lying

but this is all if doubles comes first, cause if singles comes first then i wont be doing doubles and vice versa

okiyama

Smash Ace
what rileys teaming with you??

i just texted him and he said he'd team with me........i swear im not lying

but this is all if doubles comes first, cause if singles comes first then i wont be doing doubles and vice versa
Oh, ok, I'm just staying for singles then. Unless someone wants to team with me, I'm all right I don't claim to be amazing you can judge me at the event.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
u can still team with riley if doubles comes second

so pllleeeeeassssee lain or whoever, make singles go first

also where is it in this map, the turquoise or red circle?

lain

Smash Master
i'm not rescheduling it.

doubles is first. then singles. like every tournament in the universe.

that is all.

lain

Smash Master
also,

everyone, BRING SETUPS.

if you want to ensure this tournament goes by semi-quickly, and you get optimal friendly chances.

tv's are obviously the most needed.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm personally happy with how this UMB went after the hiatus it had taken. Thanks again to those who organized it, I had a great time and really enjoyed my matches with everyone!

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the fun time guys. I almost died on the way home, long story. Anyway, I played a lot of Roy dittos. Various props:

Hot Arms
Shaeden
Scotu
Youko
Anther
Okiyama
Lain
Ankoku
Khovastis
Boyr
Jman

=] I feel like I'm forgetting someone important >.>

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Singles Pools:
1: Anther
1: Shaeden
1: lain
1: Ankoku
5: Happy
5: SCOTU
5: Boyr
5: Okiyama
9: David Lee
9: limabean
9: Jman
9: Khovastis
13: Tommy
13: Jermesque
13: Youko

Singles Brackets:

1: Shaeden ($33.75) (split with Anther, won in the final set)
2: Anther ($33.75)
3: Boyr ($7.50)
4: SCOTU
5: lain
5: limabean
7: Ankoku
7: Jman
9: Khovastis
9: Tommy
9: Happy
9: David Lee
13: Jermesque
13: Okiyama
13: Youko

Doubles:
(was done in pools)
1: Anther's Racist (Shaeden, Anther) ($30.00)
2: Love-Coloured Master Spark (Ankoku, lain) ($10.00)
3: Crazy Aces (Hot_armS, Enzyme)
4: okibeans (limabean, okiyama)

HAVE AN APPLE!

lulz

lain

Smash Master
today was great fun. thanks to everyone for coming (and a little extra sump'n sump'n for the people who brought setups).

look forward to seeing everyone again at the next UMB (26th or 27th. please tell me if you can't make a specific day.)

okiyama

Smash Ace
lol only 8 people did teams.

This was awesome, I don't get much chance to hang out with a lot of high calibur smash players(every of my friend but Lima suck) unless I want to drive like an hour during rush hour to get to Huron on Fridays to play for an hour with Lain a few that are only slightly better than my friends. Also, Wendy's wins, that was fun to just talk about smash with smashers.

Can't wait for the next one... in two weeks right?

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone end up finding my controller by chance?

Also, thanks for just leaving my TV sitting in the lounge, *****. See if I bring a setup again.

At least the games were fun.
Anther, I'm looking to expand upon this Jiggs problem you might have.
Jman, I still feel bad for going Sheik...but we need definitely more Luigi-Ness battles.
Hot Arms, thanks for teaming. Jungle Japes ftw.
Lain's a punk, what no mm? You still owe me 3 dollars anyways from way back at Midnight Gaming, lol
Everyone else, it was fun/blah/whatev

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
In later news, it appears I have Anther's white memory card. I've lost my black one though (O.o Anther's racist conspiracy?) If anyone has a black memory card with names like Don, Walk, 200%, Supu, __:)_ (<-thats a japanese katakana that looks like a smily face) etc. let me know <3

Anther

Smash Champion
lol, I noticed the missing white memory card conspiracy XD...
Wish there were more teams... Teams is fun =|

I wanna type more but I'm being someone's girl right now... XD... er...

lain

Smash Master
Jermesque i have your memory card.

and i think i have enzyme's controller.

i'm a god ****ed thief. : (

sorry about the tv though enzyme! you know i love you...

...baby

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
Jermesque i have your memory card.

and i think i have enzyme's controller.

i'm a god ****ed thief. : (

sorry about the tv though enzyme! you know i love you...

...baby
I was hoping it was either you, Anther, or Shaeden, as I know when I'll see you next at the latest.

Just hang on to it, until whenever I see you, and Anther, I'll take good care of yours.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
It was a pretty good tourney today. I gotta say I was a little worried about the organization/amount of setups today but you guys pulled it out, especially Tony with the organization and Jermesque with the tv's. Good **** everyone who came, and it was good to see a few new faces. Hopefully you guys keep coming back and improving.

Anther

Smash Champion
Good shizzy with all the TV's Jermesque btw XD. That was really pwnsome of you =].
I need to sleep x.x.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey, lain did go to the trouble of calling everyone to make sure we'd get enough setups.

Shoutouts!

Youko - Good having an SWF mod around, and stuff. Next time I'll Roy ditto you.
Okiyama - Hope you enjoyed the tournament.
lain - Hey, thanks for giving me the first money match for more than a dollar! I'm glad I... helped make you abandon Marth? XD
Anther - is too good.
Shaeden - is equally too good, but not racist.
Boyr - Way to enter the tournament at the last minute so you can take me out of winners in my first round in brackets. -_-
Jman - Ness is clearly only low-tier to hide his AWESOMENESS from everyone else. Good luck with future tourneys, and props for sticking with Ness the whole time in the tourney.
SCOTU - Destined battle D:. Sorry I didn't make this one nearly as close or interesting.
Jermesque - If Jman didn't emphasize it enough, you win for bringing three TVs and a Gamecube.
Hotarms - You deserve an award.

I didn't really see or talk much with the rest of you.

EDIT: Results up on tia.
http://tia.nealpro.com/ttournament.aspx?id=357

Top Bottom