• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

Levitas

the moon
^Not scotu's.
Or bowyer's.
Or ankoku's.
Or anther's.
Or Shaeden's.
Or Mikey's.
Or mine.
Or many of the other's that I've lost to with marth. I'm gonna go pure Ness the next tourney I enter. It's gonna be so sweet.

(PS, Anther's TV is so sweet that I've had the pleasure of sleeping in the same room as it before. I woke up totally rested and refreshed)

lain

Smash Master
or mine.

i ****ing **** marth with fox. haha.

it's all about uthrows to uairs. cause it's gay and ****.

hot_arms... mm? : )

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
i'll mm your fox with my marth, my marth sucks though so it's free money for you. who wants to pick me up if this happens? :o

lain

Smash Master
:o haha. i sense sarcasm, but i know the marth matchup really well, so yeah i'll take it! $5?

your falco and fox are just scary though x_x

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lain, since you're helping set up for hosting this, you arrive ON TIME. 11 AM, so we can have the time to set everything up and such.

lain

Smash Master
grand rapids gg.

also ankoku, that's alright then! i'll try and bring a setup myself with a guy or two who can bring a setup or two as well.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
me do 5 dollars... but my marth really does suck, i got 4 stocked by anther, true story.
and i live in waterford and i really couldn't care less when i leave.. as long as it is before the tournament starts. :p

Anther

Smash Champion
I don't think Lain can show up on time. Is it this weekend? If so then w00t.
Anyways, yall post up the vid chunks so I can download and split. Enough Bowyerism.

I'll help with anything anyone asks of for me. I'll feel too guilty not to help if someone asks.
Otherwise I'll just be sitting around playing not feeling guilty =].

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea where that is Shae, how far from Ann Arbor? And I meant more when would you want to leave that evening?

alcoady

Smash Ace
yall should try to make the GR thing... and it'll be at a place called the Grand Lan Gaming center thax,

also, as far as MM's go, i'll moneymatch anyone my falcon vs your anything 5$

okiyama

Smash Ace
I don't think Lain can show up on time. Is it this weekend? If so then w00t.
Anyways, yall post up the vid chunks so I can download and split. Enough Bowyerism.

I'll help with anything anyone asks of for me. I'll feel too guilty not to help if someone asks.
Otherwise I'll just be sitting around playing not feeling guilty =].
It's Sunday if you hadn't already deduced that.

@Hot_Arms lol, I saw your youtube videos and if you're swordsensei's brother you're a completely different person than I thought you were. Sorry, I've played you before and I think you beat me, but not by a whole ton.

Should I come on time or early? When does the actually playing begin usually?

Levitas

the moon
I want to know right now exactly who will be around for the entire tournament to direct it. I had been assuming Lain because the way he was talking, but I want to be sure.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
I won't! But I'll be there 11-5:15ish, and then I'll be back.

I can be a guiding force for doubles though.

Also, did anyone want to team?

lain

Smash Master
Yes, I will be there like forever. FOREVER.

But yeah, I'll do what I can.

Also looking for a teams partner. Dunno if cisco is gonna come to this :laugh:.

Anther

Smash Champion
Is there a secret reason why the 2 hour vid chunks aren't posted D=... I'll accept that. I mean.. if it's cause you gotta use your comps, you could set the file to be uploaded right before class.. then the hour or so while you're gone... it'll do its thang... <3...?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey, I know you're excited and all about posting your tournament so people come, but this is not the thread for it. You already posted the same thing in the two other threads, this one is specifically for tourneys and stuff at UofM.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
We've always done pools for seeding. that works well. As far as how seeding works, you want to have the bottom seeds doing first rounds for non even numbers (like not 32 etc), and you want the top seeds spaced as far as possible. It's double elimination, so if that happens, everyone plays the round robin pools, as well as at least two tournament sets, so nobody gets excessively shafted, and in losers bracket, the person who faces dope second round doesn't face mikey as well, you know.

XD @ I am the guy who gets shafted. Not that I'm any good, but come on, I've played Dope first round two consecutive tournaments, followed by Scotu in one tourney, and Gimpson in the other. Gimpson is possibly within the realm of beating, I haven't played him since I started learning more about how to play though. Then I've played Anther first round, Kerp second round in another one, and at UMBs, I've played Shaeden, Ankoku, and Lula -.-

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
In terms of pools and double elimination, the worst will always face the best in the winners' bracket, and there will always be someone really good in pools.

I only remember you coming to UMB3, where our pool was as follows:
1. Shaeden
2. Euch
3. Ankoku
4. Bear
5. Jermesque

I'm actually not very good; see Euch up there above me? That's what happens when a good Link player beats a bad Sheik player.

Anyway, your brackets, by the looks of it, were kind of brutal.
Winners' bracket
Lost to Fuse

Losers' bracket
Bye
Lost to Ankoku

I suppose that was the luck of the draw. You probably should've faced someone not from your pool and worse than me, but this was still when we weren't too sure about the seeding and the skill level of the players went from pretty much new to the game to Shaeden/Biggy.

Since then, we've gotten better at seeding, and I hope you've gotten better at avoiding the worst seeding spot in pools.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
Hehe, thanks for posting the whole thing, I couldn't remember the rest of the pool, just getting combod for 3 stocks by Shaeden's Marth =/

I'm fairly confident that I've improved a good amount since my last tourney showing, so hopefully I'm right, and I'll beat everyone at *pound* in a couple weeks. =]

z0mg, change my home location to Waterford, I have an evil plan >=].

King Malice

Smash Ace
Try to make your location close to Shae so you don't have to fight him? Clever, but I tried it once and got into a death pool the next tourney I went to.

miller483

Smash Ace
Would anyone be willing to carpool? I live in Chesterfield, which is unfortunately pretty far away from AA. I have gas money..... PM me and we can try to work something out.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
so who's able to pick me up from waterford? i live a good 30 or 40 minutes away from UofM.
team Air ftw.

okiyama

Smash Ace
So wait is this a UMB or just some random get together happening at Ann Arbor.
It's a UMB...

well sorta, it is a UMB but it's not hosted by the notmal guy so it'll be a little different, same place and same time though.

We seed the same way etc... basically the same just different hosts.

lain

Smash Master
Yes.

It's not a big deal everyone, just ****ing come. Haha.

Shaeden, if you come, teams? i believe we need to get acquainted. haha.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lain's going to be doing work-related work while I sit back and click on names to set up pools and brackets. But since I'm there, I get to declare it UMB8.

But that shouldn't matter to thaxceptional1, since according to him there's no point in going to these things anymore now that Brawl's coming. : )

The rest of you should still come, 'cause Melee's still **** fun.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
@ lain/other people hosting this Sunday: if something gets ****ed up don't plan on us bailing you guys out.

Top Bottom