• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I feel like the dead mascot remark was uncalled for (the only character in the current DLC who fits that description was Banjo and Kazooie, and their inclusion was fantastic in my eyes), but I agree that Smash (and particularly the third party characters) should be more than just cartoony platforming mascots. Variety is the spice of life, and including franchises that Nintendo fans might not be as familiar with can encourage them to look into those other franchises.
Looking at the list of third-parties we currently have, I don't really see an issue with the cartoony/realistic character ratio.

:ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie: / :ultsnake::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultjoker:

How a character looks means little to nothing to me. I just want someone who is both very iconic and very unique.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I know some people detest the thought of nerfs, but I think it's still OK to throw ideas on the table. It's annoying to see how some people say "this game is balanced no one needs to be nerfed git gud" when clearly, if this game was balanced, players would not be creating tier lists and every single fighter would have the exact same amount of appearances in both casual and higher level play. Obviously everyone would like it better if low tier fighters got buffed instead of top tier fighters getting nerfed, but considering how the devs are more interested in casual than competitive play that's obviously not going to happen. I wish people could have an open mind when someone suggessts "maybe they could decrease the hitbox size of Ivysaur's down B" instead of "lol it's a balanced move just don't get hit" (I'm only using this as an example, none of this post reflects how I feel about any fighter I just find it frustrating when people immediately denounce those who suggest nerfs).
I think that's just because no one wants their character to be nerfed. Particularly since there is no broken top-tier character yet. I do agree that certain moves do need to be nerfed, but it would please more people to buff as opposed to nerfing.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Looking at the list of third-parties we currently have, I don't really see an issue with the cartoony/realistic character ratio.

:ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie: / :ultsnake::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultjoker:

How a character looks means little to nothing to me. I just want someone who is both very iconic and very unique.
I would move Hero over if you ask me.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I think Bayonetta fits into Smash perfectly because how visually camp and over-the-top she is, but I'm seriously tired of defending her years after her addition and when we have Metroid, Castlevania and Metal Gear in Smash.

I hope we get more characters like her instead of turning the DLC into a dead mascot fest, but that's just me.
I mean, it’s literally just :ultbanjokazooie: and if you ask me it’s actually refreshing as hell after what Smash 4 gave us not counting the vets.

If someone said “anime swordsman/realistic shooter fest” you wouldn’t exactly be fond of that remark would you?

Last edited:
I mean, it’s literally just :ultbanjokazooie:, if you ask me it’s actually refreshing as hell after what Smash 4 gave us not counting the vets.

If someone said “anime swordsman/realistic shooter fest” you wouldn’t exactly be fond of that remark would you?
Spot on, seemed like a bit of salty reply there tbh.

The more variety the better anyways. Its part of the beauty of Smash, characters you'd never think would interact and exist in the same game, beating the stuffing out of each other. Cartoony crocodiles, regal princesses, special ops soldiers, animals, thieves, wizards, skilled swordsmen and women,etc, etc.

Last edited:

Klydefiss

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1225 7140 8248
I feel like Smash Ultimate is kinda underwhelming in my opinion.

Sure it has every character and stage in smash history, but it removed some of my favorite features from Smash including:

-Home Run and Target Blast
-Smash Tour (I know no one cares about this one, but at least Smash Run)
-Trophies (One of the best staples of the series)
-Masterpieces
-Free Online (It's not the games fault, but I'm still putting it here)
-Trophy Rush
-Special Orders
-Event Mode

I would've thought that Smash "Ultimate" would have these things, but it makes it up with it's own qualities.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I asked for a purple Falcon Punch, not your edited sideways nonsense.

I swear it's like you people get off on being purposefully obtuse.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
"You want to do what? You want to COMBINE your magic punch with the color purple? Egad! You're a madman, Ganon! Why, you'll tear the fabric of reality asunder!"

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
"You want to do what? You want to COMBINE your magic punch with the color purple? Egad! You're a madman, Ganon! Why, you'll tear the fabric of reality asunder!"
I asked you to show me at what point in OoT did Ganondorf start throwing out purple colored Falcon Punches and Falcon Kicks and so far you haven't done that.

Could it maybe be because that never happened and Ganondorf in Smash Bros uses "dark magic" by having Captain Falcon's fire re-colored and calling it a day? Seems like it. Let me know when you can show me Ganondorf doing those things in OoT. I look forward to your findings.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That is the most RIDICULOUS reach I have ever seen. Ganondorf in Smash does an intricate showy movement before hitting someone with the back of his fist.

That's clearly a ground-pound from a levitation.

Contrary to what some people believe, magic involves a lot more than adding fire or lightning to your physical hits, unless we'd like to consider Captain Falcon a fire wizard.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I think Smash meter "on" should be considered an alternative style of play competitively.
Maybe if:

Final Smashes were all balanced
Less powerful in general
The rate at which you fill you meter was slower
You lose all the energy in your meter when you're KOd
Fighters can shield Final Smashes or dodge them more easily

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Although to be fair I always thought that ground slam move would have made a great down special. Just replace his absolutely useless Falcon Punch (no longer needed with his new forward smash) with Dead Man's Volley and his up special with levitation or a teleport and you have a Ganondorf moveset that no longer feels like last minute phoned in trash.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Can't we just appreciate how Ganondorf has a sword now? Seriously, we're never getting this Ganondorf y'all want without creating a completely different character and ditching the one we've had since Melee.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Although to be fair I always thought that ground slam move would have made a great down special. Just replace his absolutely useless Falcon Punch (no longer needed with his new forward smash) with Dead Man's Volley and his up special with levitation or a teleport and you have a Ganondorf moveset that no longer feels like last minute phoned in trash.
I'm with you on this post : they did change Link Down-B and all new Ganon smashes are taken from other sword fighter, so it wouldn't be difficult to give Mewtwo's Up-B to Ganon and give him a projectile. If you want to make to make a real N64 Ganondorf, I think this is the way to go.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Diving with a foot (even has a quake) isn't all that different from doing the same with a fist. I'd even argue he technically uses levitation on the ground version, whereas Falcon does his with sheer speed and momentum.

Honestly, if Falcon didn't exist this version of Ganondorf wouldn't be nearly this controversial, given the extremely limited material to pull from his human incarnation at the time of Melee.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah people forget that for all of Ganondorf's hype throughout the series his fight amounts to little more than a puzzle.

His abilities can be boiled down to a handful of moves:
Lightning ball
Big lightning ball
Levitation
Cape-flick
Ground pound

To say that Ganondorf is accurately represented when he literally lacks everything from his original fight is the dumbest thing this fanbase has willed into existence.

And all because of a dumb non-canon sword that Ganondorf only uses in his smashes that references absolutely nothing.

I guess that'll be my unpopular opinion of the day then.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Don't know why people want Dead Man's Volley so bad, when we see how that works so well with Dedede.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
-A 100% canon moveset for :ultganondorf:wouldn't be that much more interesting than what we have now. It's not like the dude ever did anything as immediately dinstinct as :ultkrool:'s crown toss or :ultridley:'s pogo tail, and in his 3 apparitions his fighting style has been all over the place (no sword at all in OoT, two swords in WW and one sword in TP... and it always pretty much amounted to dead man volley + Ganon transformation+ sword swings) so it's kinda hard to settle on a theme for him. The only things I'd change are the down B (make it Dead Man's Volley, that's the one iconic move he's missing) and up B (make it some kind of float). The rest of his moveset works really well on him and has enough foundation in canon.

On a different topic...
- I want more cartoony characters. That's how Smash started and that's how Smash should end. Plus, they're generally more fun than the human-stylized characters. They are more expressive and they have more unique and bizarre movements compared to "realistic" characters.
- That said, I think almost anyone and anything can be made to fit into Smash. As a crossover, Smash thrives on making different wildly different art styles and characterizations collide.
- Also, I think most of the complaints against "human" characters stem from Smash 4's overabundance of FE and KI characters. They are actually all very samey and kinda boring. Guys like :ultryu::ultsimon::ultbayonetta::ultjoker::ultsnake::ultlittlemac::ultwiifittrainer: are conceptually wildly different between themselves, and they manage to have strong enough visual identities that they can fit just right next to something more cartoony like :ultbanjokazooie::ultsonic::ultpiranha::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultyoshi::ulticeclimbers:. I see Smash as a bit like wrestling, I feel like the quality that the characters really need to have is a strong and immediate conceptual identity. Like, "bear with a bird on his backpack that fight as one", "supersonic blue hedgehog", "vampire hunter with whip, cross and holy water" and "masked thief with knife, gun and demon-evoking" all sound immediately crazy and interesting. Especially when you compare them to "dude/dudette who swings a sword around, BUT...!!!".
But that's just me.
-That said, I love Cloud's inclusion. He really manages to stand out.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Even if it may technically make him more true to his original incarnation (not that OoT Dorf exactly had a lot of canon material to work with anyway), I cannot stress enough that giving Ganondorf a projectile and a teleport Up-B would be a HORRIBLE IDEA.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Even if it may technically make him more true to his original incarnation (not that OoT Dorf exactly had a lot of canon material to work with anyway), I cannot stress enough that giving Ganondorf a projectile and a teleport Up-B would be a HORRIBLE IDEA.
His air-speed would still be low, alongside the distance his Side-B travels, so still vulnerable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Literally, some of Ganondorf's magical abilities are colored purple. Smash using that color is logical.

Also, contrary to popular belief, Magic has been used for physical abilities too. It's not just all fireballs/projectiles. Using magic to augment his powerful strikes isn't actually unfitting for someone who literally wields the Triforce of Power.

...Though I agree the images are somewhat of a stretch. There's no question he can clearly make a powerful attack with his fist. He still does that even when not Warlock Punching. The usage of kicks is actually far less accurate as we really don't see him using those in any game(bar HW at some point, I think. But that game used some Smash animations anyway). His Forward Air is literally a move from the actual official artwork.

My problem with Dead Man's Volley, is that while canon, the whole point is constant reflection. That'd be hard to make balanced well in Melee right away. So I can see why they kept it to a faster clone(so to speak on fast) that was still quite effective in his own right. Brawl's version felt vastly more like the brute Ganondorf truly is personality-wise, but included more variations of his abilities, like the Flame Choke and new animations. He also actually punches in Wind Waker onscreen, moreso than the ground punch, as he knocks Link out. Back to DMV for a bit, but by the time Brawl is coming around, games starting tacking it onto multiple characters, even a Blue Stalfos of all things. It started to be less related to Ganon/dorf(and minions/forms like Agnahim and Phantom Ganon) and more just a very fun boss move to include as a mechanic that was rather infamous since ALTTP. It basically stopped being a signature ability of the Ganon/dorf characters. So not including it doesn't feel that odd to me. I mean, I doubt this why they foregone it, as it was probably something related to balance issues in how they wanted Ganondorf to fight.

The sword in Ultimate does feel a lot more accurate to him, despite being a non-canon sword. It overall still feels like Ganondorf, brutishly powerful.

Grie

Smash Apprentice
FE’s roster is misrepresented and should be fixed next time. Here is how.

Let’s take an exemple to what is imo the best represented franchise in terms of characters, Metroid.

We have Samus (main character)
Zero suit samus (major playable variant of the main character)
Ridley (main recurring villain)
Dark Samus (main villain of one of the most important parts of the franchise)
We have all the big hitters. It dosen’t get better than that. It’s not bloated in any way.

Now compare it to FE’s
Marth
Roy
Ike
Lucina
Robin
Corrin
Chrom

Now what is the problem here? Not that there’s to many, not even that there are swords, it dosen’t represent fe as a franchise in terms of the games represented. We have one from nes (shadow dragon, gaiden) no snes (genealogy, thracia), one gba (binding blade, blazing sword) one gamecube/wii (path of radiance, radiant dawn) and FOUR 3ds (awakening, fates). There is some ridiculous imbalance here and it’s time to fix it!. Here is what I would do. Five characters, one per « era »

Marth (he’s fine)
Sigurd (represents the snes era the best imo)
Lyn (replacing Roy cause the game didn’t even came out over here. And when blazing sword came in instead, it’s bound to represent the era better and being the first lord most people encountered she is bound to be recognized)
Ike (fine too)
Lucina/Chrom/Robin (as long as it’s awakening they represent fine. Now wich one? Lucina is arguably the most recognizable character from that era, chrom is the main character from awakening and Robin gets moveset brownie points)

Now you swordophobics out there might not like that and want something like this

Marth (sword)
Hector (axe)
Ephraim (lance)
Robin (magic)
Corrin/Takumi (dragon/bows)

Now moveset and visually wise, it looks pretty appealing. But we run in the same pitfall, one nes, no snes, two gba, no gamecube/wii and two 3ds. You might hammer me with the argument why does it matter? Well ask the people who want pokemon to have 1 character from each generation, ask the people who want characters from different Zelda timelines you get where I’m going here, it’s hypocrisy, it’s a problem generated from people who know NOTHING about a franchise and handle in a way that feels more like tossing away unwanted junk instead of treating a franchise who earned it’s place as a strong IP with as much attention as others. I simply wish for equality for every franchise instead of putting certain of them on pedestals because of idiotic and pointless sales numbers (looking at you DK).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
FE’s roster is misrepresented and should be fixed next time. Here is how.

Let’s take an exemple to what is imo the best represented franchise in terms of characters, Metroid.

We have Samus (main character)
Zero suit samus (major playable variant of the main character)
Ridley (main recurring villain)
Dark Samus (main villain of one of the most important parts of the franchise)
We have all the big hitters. It dosen’t get better than that. It’s not bloated in any way.

Now compare it to FE’s
Marth
Roy
Ike
Lucina
Robin
Corrin
Chrom

Now what is the problem here? Not that there’s to many, not even that there are swords, it dosen’t represent fe as a franchise in terms of the games represented. We have one from nes (shadow dragon, gaiden) no snes (genealogy, thracia), one gba (binding blade, blazing sword) one gamecube/wii (path of radiance, radiant dawn) and FOUR 3ds (awakening, fates). There is some ridiculous imbalance here and it’s time to fix it!. Here is what I would do. Five characters, one per « era »

Marth (he’s fine)
Sigurd (represents the snes era the best imo)
Lyn (replacing Roy cause the game didn’t even came out over here. And when blazing sword came in instead, it’s bound to represent the era better and being the first lord most people encountered she is bound to be recognized)
Ike (fine too)
Lucina/Chrom/Robin (as long as it’s awakening they represent fine. Now wich one? Lucina is arguably the most recognizable character from that era, chrom is the main character from awakening and Robin gets moveset brownie points)

Now you swordophobics out there might not like that and want something like this

Marth (sword)
Hector (axe)
Ephraim (lance)
Robin (magic)
Corrin/Takumi (dragon/bows)

Now moveset and visually wise, it looks pretty appealing. But we run in the same pitfall, one nes, no snes, two gba, no gamecube/wii and two 3ds. You might hammer me with the argument why does it matter? Well ask the people who want pokemon to have 1 character from each generation, ask the people who want characters from different Zelda timelines you get where I’m going here, it’s hypocrisy, it’s a problem generated from people who know NOTHING about a franchise and handle in a way that feels more like tossing away unwanted junk instead of treating a franchise who earned it’s place as a strong IP with as much attention as others. I simply wish for equality for every franchise instead of putting certain of them on pedestals because of idiotic and pointless sales numbers (looking at you DK).
Even though I agree that there's a huge imbalance, I don't think there's much hope for any FE character who debuted before Awakening at this point. No way we're getting one as a newcomer, and the easiest characters to make Echoes out of are already taken by Lucina and Chrom. Corrin's abilities are way too unique to him, so that means our only hope is Ike and Robin, assuming you can even find many reasonable characters who would work as Echoes for them.

Grie

Smash Apprentice
Even though I agree that there's a huge imbalance, I don't think there's much hope for any FE character who debuted before Awakening at this point. No way we're getting one as a newcomer, and the easiest characters to make Echoes out of are already taken by Lucina and Chrom. Corrin's abilities are way too unique to him, so that means our only hope is Ike and Robin, assuming you can even find many reasonable characters who would work as Echoes for them.
Here’s the thing, I didn’t talk about unique newcomers, it wasn’t the point. I also didn’t talk about adding new echoes either. And then you bring up relevancy argument, didn’t K rool and Banjo thought us anything? I believe you misread my post in every way imaginable except for bringing my points sort of.

ze9

Smash Ace
True. The projectile would at least need to be really, really weak to make him balanced. Like, Link's boomerang tier. I'm not sure if it would sit well with a lot of people.
That's why I think Ganondorf is fine as is. It's not like the other bosses have ALL their moves anyways. For example, Ridley doesn't get the pogo tail nor can he grab you in the air, K. Rool loses his bouncy cannonballs and cannot turn invisible, Bowser's moveset is pulled out of thin air almost as much as Ganondorf's, etc. but they're all portrayed well nonetheless, and as fighting game characters they all work just fine.

I simply wish for equality for every franchise instead of putting certain of them on pedestals because of idiotic and pointless sales numbers (looking at you DK).
DK is not being put on any pedestal though, given it took us 5 games to get the main villain and we're still missing one of the main characters.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I'd just like to step back in to say that Captain Falcon is clearly a fire wizard. :ultfalcon:

Last edited:

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Don't know why people want Dead Man's Volley so bad, when we see how that works so well with Dedede.
To be fair, inhale's problem is that it's way too slow. That said, I don't think you can fix a character's vulnerability to zoning just by slapping a reflector on them and calling it good.

I've also heard claims that zoning isn't really Ganon's biggest issue, since he does have decent burst movement options; his real issue is heavy rushdown. I wouldn't really know though.

ze9

Smash Ace
Ganon makes me struggle a lot more when I play as Lucas than when I play as Ridley. And I think I'm way better with Lucas.
Not sure what that means.

Klydefiss

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1225 7140 8248
Ganon makes me struggle a lot more when I play as Lucas than when I play as Ridley. And I think I'm way better with Lucas.
Not sure what that means.
I typically beat Ganon easily with Lucas, his moveset is way faster than Ganon's

Maybe you're just not trying hard enough?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Here’s the thing, I didn’t talk about unique newcomers, it wasn’t the point. I also didn’t talk about adding new echoes either. And then you bring up relevancy argument, didn’t K rool and Banjo thought us anything? I believe you misread my post in every way imaginable except for bringing my points sort of.
K. Rool and Banjo taught us you need overwhelmingly large fan demand to put those types of characters in Smash.

ze9

Smash Ace
I typically beat Ganon easily with Lucas, his moveset is way faster than Ganon's

Maybe you're just not trying hard enough?
Yeah, it's probably my fault. I like to play Lucas pretty aggressively (or at least, as aggressive as he can get) and I don't adapt too well to match-ups where I need to be way more careful and campy.
That said... Good players who can block/evade the PK Fires and PK Freezes and manage to close the distance really shut me down. There's a certain distance where the PK Fire is too slow and Lucas's tilts don't have enough range to reach Ganon where I'm always going to get hit by his ftilt or even the side B. While if I have Ridley in the same situation, I'll just go "oh ok lol, it's dtilt time" and then go from there.

Klydefiss

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1225 7140 8248
Yeah, it's probably my fault. I like to play Lucas pretty aggressively (or at least, as aggressive as he can get) and I don't adapt too well to match-ups where I need to be way more careful and campy.
That said... Good players who can block/evade the PK Fires and PK Freezes and manage to close the distance really shut me down. There's a certain distance where the PK Fire is too slow and Lucas's tilts don't have enough range to reach Ganon where I'm always going to get hit by his ftilt or even the side B. While if I have Ridley in the same situation, I'll just go "oh ok lol, it's dtilt time" and then go from there.
Yeah I can understand, it really just depends on how your opponent plays and whether or not they can evade your attacks and close the gap on you. I remember this one Ganon who read me rolling back on stage and nearly 3 stocked me.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Can't we just appreciate how Ganondorf has a sword now? Seriously, we're never getting this Ganondorf y'all want without creating a completely different character and ditching the one we've had since Melee.
That wouldn't be a problem for me.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
That wouldn't be a problem for me.
Well, there's plenty of people who would prefer Ganondorf staying the way he is than completely reworking him, and I have a feeling that includes Sakurai too. Even after giving him a sword, Ganondorf is still mostly the same.

I know Ganondorf isn't exactly represented in a way everyone wanted, but I think it's time to move on.

D

Deleted member

Where do you base these all of these claims on?
Wario is not the same character from the US than he is in Japan. US gave him a lot more gruffness over his more gross-out style. WarioWare actually brought him back to his original personality. Smash is made in Japan and is using his original personality moreso.
Whats so different about the jp and west Wario Land games that him being a macho treasure hunter is an ooc retcon of the west? The only difference between the jp version and the west is that they replaced booze for a ball.

Since when did manual and a q&a outweigh ingame material?

For that matter where in that Wario Land 2 manual and Wario Land 4 q&a did his gross trait outweigh his other traits?

How does picking your nose, lazing around, and cracking a few gross jokes equal farting 24/7?

How doesnt Warioware exaggerate Wario Land's gross trait, that was only present in one piece of artwork, some manuals, and 6 out of 30 questions revolving gross humor? The differences between Wario Land and Warioware is like night and day. In the first Warioware Crygor's whole section is a toilet joke and has 2 minigames with turds in them, there are 6 poop jokes in twisted, one fart, one poop, and one big toilet minigame in smooth moves, wario man's whole theme is a toilet joke and has one minigame with turds in them, Game and Wario has a kickstarter campaign called crowdfarter with a juvenile video and Wario man has call codes that only involve fart jokes, and gold's whole story is build up to a toilet joke and in Wario interupts he farts in the players face in order to distract him. And smash obviously butchered him by giving him a fart move. Where do you see this level of toilet humor in the Wario Land games? For that matter where do you see that level of manliness that Wario Land presents in the Warioware games?
Turning into a Zombie is still a pretty gross design for Wario anyway. He's also a more gross-like exaggeration of Mario, intentionally so.
How does a corpse or being ugly equal toilet humor? These things are gross for different reasons.
Are we playing the No True Scotsman fallacy here? Cause that's silly. Wario Land and WarioWare are both his real games. WarioWare is its own franchise independent of the Mario one, with small crossover bits.
An app tier spin off that barely features the character they shoehorned in has no business overshadowing 8 main games, and 14 Mario games.
"Mario's self-styled rival. He loves money and gross humor. He often sets out in search of hidden treasure. His bold moves come from his superhuman strength and are completely different from Mario's moves. Aside from adventuring, he's also the chairman of game maker WarioWare, Inc. Its franchise game is WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$." His Brawl trophy covers a lot of it rather accurately. Again, Japanese personality. He still has superhuman strength in Smash. Compared to the actual Smash cast, it's just nothing to write home about in a series where Mario can easily lift characters like a Metal Bowser with ease. It's also not his only physical trait, so there's more to him than brute strength. He isn't Ganondorf, after all.

A living embodiment of gross, this villain hates Mario and loves money. He claims to have known Mario since childhood, but who can tell if that's true? In Smash Bros., he's a seriously agile heavyweight fighter. He can store up his trademark Wario Waft for explosive results. Did I mention he's gross?
If someone who hated Mario tried to draw an ugly version of him, it'd probably end up looking just like Wario. The greedy villain claims they used to be childhood friends, though... In this game, he's a heavy fighter with heavy-hitting attacks. The longer you go without using his Wario Waft move, the more explosive it'll be when you..."let it out".

His two trophies in 4, first being US, second being UK. Both still explain who he is. The only thing that is somewhat arguable is if he should be agile at all. But he's still heavyweight, and those tend to have a lot more strength... which he still does.
Why is being ugly so essantial to Wario's character? Ridley looks revolting but they dont talk about how ugly he is. The same goes for the Parasite queen, Mother Brain, Joullion King Bulbin and his minions, the list goes on. Waluigi has the same concept as Wario, being an exaggerated clone but they dont talk about how ugly and gross he is, they still talk about his background and feats. For that matter Waluigi told an entire stadium to suck his d*** in the striker games but we dont see his character revolve around sex jokes. Brawl's and Smash 4's trophy description aren't comparable to Melee's in the slighest. Melee's description actually talls about his background, traits, and feats. The other 2 talk about how hes the only one thats so gross and disgusting and shove his treasure hunting aside for minigames.
The guy is still musclebound. The most his WarioWare design does is slightly let up on his exaggerated features so he looks a bit more handsome and less ugly overall.
No, musclebound is piledriving enemies bigger than you, smashing through blocks with one shoulder bash, and being slow but powerful. In other words being a heavyweight. Warioware is just some weird and gross midweight.

My point still stands, Wario Land and Warioware's portrayal of his character are not the same. The original Wario was an Herculean treasure hunter with many traits, Warioware stetched 3 unimportant traits to ridiculous proportions to the ppint where these are his main and only traits.

Wario Land is a series thats made with love for the character, Warioware is a series where Wario is shoehorned in because they wanted to use a popular character to promote their new series.

Wario Land and World to this day has a total of 12,72. Warioware with all of its shoehorning and commercials hasnt even made it to 10,00 mil with its 8,99 total. The last Wario Land sold 1,15 million, it takes the last 3 Wariowares combined (Diy's 0,59 mil, Game and Wario's 0,25 mil, and Gold's 0,28) to barely come close to Shake it's sales with its pitiful 1,12 mil.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I would move Hero over if you ask me.
Short figured, big beady eyes, and goofy haircuts wouldn't exactly make the "realistic" cut, don't you think? Besides, the art style of Dragon Quest is much different compared to that of Persona or Metal Gear. At best it's a middle ground between cartoon and realistic/anime.
I feel like Smash Ultimate is kinda underwhelming in my opinion.

Sure it has every character and stage in smash history, but it removed some of my favorite features from Smash including:

-Home Run and Target Blast
-Smash Tour (I know no one cares about this one, but at least Smash Run)
-Trophies (One of the best staples of the series)
-Masterpieces
-Free Online (It's not the games fault, but I'm still putting it here)
-Trophy Rush
-Special Orders
-Event Mode

I would've thought that Smash "Ultimate" would have these things, but it makes it up with it's own qualities.
Damn straight. At launch Ultimate was a 7/10 at best imo and even now I'm disappointed that it's lacking so many gamemodes. Spirits was supposed to be this glorious replacement for them but it instead ended up being tedious event matches which is an even bigger disappointment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I asked you to show me at what point in OoT did Ganondorf start throwing out purple colored Falcon Punches and Falcon Kicks and so far you haven't done that.

Could it maybe be because that never happened and Ganondorf in Smash Bros uses "dark magic" by having Captain Falcon's fire re-colored and calling it a day? Seems like it. Let me know when you can show me Ganondorf doing those things in OoT. I look forward to your findings.
Yeah because splitting hairs about fire and dark magic is solid evidence that Ganondorf is butchered into a flashy and heroic bounty hunter, right?

Like you cannot fathom a character thats so powerful that he shakes the earth with one punch and uses dark magic would use the warlock punch. No you literally have to see it with your own two eyes that Ganondorf does something similair to the warlock punch in a Zelda game for him to look fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom