• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
May I ask what constitutes as a non-generic anime character to you guys? I swear that phrase gets thrown around way too much.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
May I ask what constitutes as a non-generic anime character to you guys? I swear that phrase gets thrown around way too much.
Well personally I can only speak for myself but I don't even really think he's generic. He stands out above JRPG swordsmen in my opinion.

Zol

Smash Apprentice
most of the characters in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are non-generic

throw in garbage like Inuyasha, Naruto, DBZ etc, and it's 80% anime stereotypes

Last edited:

Alses

Smash Apprentice
8 Player smash is the worst thing to have happened to the series. Worse than tripping. Mostly because they decided to include it in solo modes where CPUs love a good gangbanging against the single human. I could handle 3, but 7 players standing still waiting for me to return on stage? Seriously? And not only that because they're CPUs at least one of them will be able to shield anything I try to do to them and hit back while the others are just flying off stage causing that explosion partially blinding because there're too many of them in a row. Not talking about multiman smash =|

Tonzura Koite

Smash Cadet
I would've much rather had :younglinkmelee: return than :4tlink:. There was so much potential for a decloned, Majora's Mask-inspired moveset for a returning YL. Nintendo is clearly moving away from the TL design as of A Link Between Worlds, and bringing back YL would help to build momentum for the upcoming Majora's Mask remake. Guess I'll have to settle on Fierce Deity Link being a palette swap for :4link: when it could've been the hypest Final Smash in the game.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Palutena's Temple and the Great Crap Offensive
8 Player smash is the worst thing to have happened to the series. Worse than tripping. Mostly because they decided to include it in solo modes where CPUs love a good gangbanging against the single human. I could handle 3, but 7 players standing still waiting for me to return on stage? Seriously? And not only that because they're CPUs at least one of them will be able to shield anything I try to do to them and hit back while the others are just flying off stage causing that explosion partially blinding because there're too many of them in a row. Not talking about multiman smash =|
I disagree that 8 player Smash is the worst thing to have happened to the series (tripping? Smash Tour? Angry Birds thing?) but the 8 player mode is definitely terrible when they cram it into Classic Mode like they do. The sweet spot is 6 players, IMO.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I played Smash Tour on launch day with a friend and told him "lets never play that again, ever."
But I played it a few more times to get that stupid PAC Land stage and it's honestly grown on me. It's a neat little distraction and an easy way to rack up 2000 coins pretty quickly.
Still, **** the random 300% Smashes and the asshole who thought letting opponents spawn with a hammer to be a good idea...

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
- I would give up all of the Mii Fighters for a Mii Mage or magic using equivalent
- Little Mac was fine as an Assist Trophy
- Pac-Man doesn't belong in this game
- I'm glad Snake was cut
- I like that Smashville still came back, as no, it's not the same as Town and City
- I would rather have Wolf over Falco, and Lucas over Ness (Don't look at my sig)
- Crazy Orders are actually fun and rewarding
- Bowser Jr. should have gotten recolors, not full Koopaling alts. (I think I might be the only one who would prefer it)
- I'd rather have less stages available with more unique stages. (No Mario Circuit Brawl, yes Mushroom Kingdom II. No Bridge of Eldin, yes Great Bay/Hyrule Castle/ or heck, even Pirate Ship)
- Even though I want DLC, the roster isn't bad as is

Snugglefox

Smash Rookie
I want Black Shadow and another F-Zero rep or five. F-Zero X and GX had a huge range of characters who are much more diverse and interesting than the Mario cast. Blood Falcon should replace Ganon and Ganon should get his own moveset.
I also want Anthony Higgs's SSB invitation to get remembered.

Also, I don't like Shulk, Olimar and Rosalina. I like Little Mac but not as a playable character and he should've stayed an assist trophy.

D

Deleted member

The 3DS version has every reason to exist. I would trade Ice Climbers and anything else that people blame on 3DS limitations for being cut for portable Smash any day. The fact that the characters are the same (which allows me to practice on the go) is a massive plus.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
One of my wanted newcomers is Kamek who first appeared in a Yoshi game. I do want Daisy and Mouser playable anyway.
I'd be fine with all three of them but Kamek is a Mario and a Yoshi character. The weird thing is that he's the main antagonist of Yoshi's series yet he appears as a stage hazard on a Mario stage in Smash 4 :p? That's why considering them two different series's in smash is kind of pointless in my opinion.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
I'd be fine with all three of them but Kamek is a Mario and a Yoshi character. The weird thing is that he's the main antagonist of Yoshi's series yet he appears as a stage hazard on a Mario stage in Smash 4 :p? That's why considering them two different series's in smash is kind of pointless in my opinion.
I noticed him playing some role in Smash 4 the second time I was loading Mushroom Kingdom U. If Kamek was playable he should probably go under the Yoshi series since his first role was in :4yoshi:'s own game despite being in some Mario games. (Like :4yoshi:.)

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I noticed him playing some role in Smash 4 the second time I was loading Mushroom Kingdom U. If Kamek was playable he should probably go under the Yoshi series since his first role was in :4yoshi:'s own game despite being in some Mario games. (Like :4yoshi:.)
I would agree that Kamek should have the Yoshi logo if he was playable. Though, I don't really consider Yoshi's series to be different than Mario's anyway tbh

Snugglefox

Smash Rookie
The 3DS version has every reason to exist. I would trade Ice Climbers and anything else that people blame on 3DS limitations for being cut for portable Smash any day. The fact that the characters are the same (which allows me to practice on the go) is a massive plus.
We could've had those things if the game was New 3DS exclusive :/

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Unpopular Opinions:

- I well and truly despise Princess Peach, or at least her portrayal in any Smash Game. Her characterisation as this nigh-stereotypical ditz makes her somewhat unbearable to play against.

- I dislike the difficulty mechanic of the classic mode. Initially, it's a good idea, but forcing your difficulty level to go down upon a loss is hideously patronising.

- I'm all for Toon Link/Young Link but I feel that the character had plenty of other item choices that might have made him a more unique character.

- I dislike Palutena, though not for the same reason I dislike Peach. Honestly, not sure why I dislike Palutena, something about her doesn't sit well with me.

- I feel like Dark Pit was a wasted character slot.

D

Deleted member

We could've had those things if the game was New 3DS exclusive :/
Meh. I'd rather have a smash usable by all 3DS users than a smash usable only by people able to shell out money for a new console. Not to mention that it would mean the game wouldn't be out right now. Maybe I'm biased because I could care less about the Ice Climbers and think Duck Hunt is a better NES representative (ooh more unpopular opinions maybe)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Even though Sakurai says that we wants to avoid it all costs, I'd be perfectly okay with a Smash Bros that did little more than add new characters, stages, and new play mechanics. The original was barebones and a classic so I don't see why he always takes the games on as these grandiose projects where people play most of the modes once and then never touch them again (IE: pretty much all the stadium games). If they made a Smash game that was just Classic, VS, and Event Mode with 10-15 new characters with at least new stage for every major franchise, I'd be perfectly content.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Thematically, I like Mushroomy Kingdom. It isn't the best stage to play on by far, but it is pretty much the only stage in the entire series that puts a unique spin on an aspect of a game, with the concept of "World 1-1 after the apocalypse or a long time skip". Stages that are based directly on the games are absolutely fine, but I honestly wish there were more stages that played with the conventions of what it is based off.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ness scrubs in For Glory that spam the same 5 moves (in order, PK Fire, Pk Thunder/2, F-air, F-Smash and Dash attack) are worse than salty runback Macs.

Marth is pretty fun in this game to me. Especially once you completely blot out all existence of him in previous games.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
]The Wii U's soundtrack is really underwhelming. The only new song I like that wasn't on 3DS was the D3 theme remix, and the obligatory Ballad of the Goddess. All the cool music is either distilled onto the 3DS or copy/pasted from Brawl. 5+ terrible Namco remixes and every new Pokemon song being AWFUL (except for N's Castle) is not ok in my book.

I really like Fox's new voice.

Last edited:

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Tails the fox should have been a third party charachter even if it meant shulk didnt make the cut....

Wow i do feel better.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Even though Sakurai says that we wants to avoid it all costs, I'd be perfectly okay with a Smash Bros that did little more than add new characters, stages, and new play mechanics. The original was barebones and a classic so I don't see why he always takes the games on as these grandiose projects where people play most of the modes once and then never touch them again (IE: pretty much all the stadium games). If they made a Smash game that was just Classic, VS, and Event Mode with 10-15 new characters with at least new stage for every major franchise, I'd be perfectly content.
This is probably not an unpopular opinion. XD
I remember when Sakurai said in an interview he didn't see a point in making a new Smash if all he was going to do was add new characters. And I was thinking, "but isn't that...exactly why you would do that?"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ness scrubs in For Glory that spam the same 5 moves (in order, PK Fire, Pk Thunder/2, F-air, F-Smash and Dash attack) are worse than salty runback Macs.
I feel the same about bad Shulk players. If it takes you 30 seconds to scroll through the Monado arts to figure out which one to use, you probably shouldn't be playing Shulk. At For Glory isn't flooded with crap Robin players anymore like it was at launch.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I really think that the New Nintendo 3DS should've been announced at E3 2013, and that SSB3DS would only work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom