• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
-I understand this game had a Japanese audience in mind, but I hope next installment there will be far less waifus or husbandos.
-ZSS ruined Samus's character for me and I wouldn't miss her if she were to go.
-I wanted Bayonetta over ZSS.
-I never wanted to see Falco come back.
-I understand the censorship behind it, but Peach's abyss of an upskirt looks really out of place.
-Same with Rosalina.
-I wish the roster of the Wii U version wasn't limited by the 3DS version and I don't care if it would be unfair to 3DS players.
-I wanted to see the a SSE type mode again.
-The lack of a story mode makes this game feel lifeless.
-I don't like Duck Hunt Dog.
-I don't care about Mario representation in the game, he's everywhere. Like when you repeat a word over and over until it sounds like nothing but incoherent noise.
-I wish there were more 3rd party characters.
-That being said I don't want to see more rep. from Sonic unless it's a Metal Sonic alt.
-The roster in Brawl was a lot more exciting than this one.
-I wanted Raiden over Snake purely for the surrealism of it.
-I felt the marketing of this game should have been handled a lot better than it has.
-I really don't think Wario is as great as many hyped him up to be.
-I hope in the near future that SSB4 would come onto the PC.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
- People should stop b****ing about the WiiU version being held back because of the 3DS. Remember, it was only going to be 3DS version.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
- People should stop b****ing about the WiiU version being held back because of the 3DS. Remember, it was only going to be 3DS version.
:glare: then they should have kept it 3DS exclusive. But they didn't. So ***** away.

PotatoMashedDee

Smash Cadet
- I HATE if Snake returning, he is doesn't deserved 3rd party again. Also i hate too hearing people still want Snake return. I am really glad that Snake completely removed in smash4, despite i actually enjoyed him in Brawl
- I actually love Dr. Mario and Lucina is in, i like Lucina as a character even completely a clone of Marth, and Dr. Mario was my favorite clone in Melee
- I think that Waluigi is enough to deserved being AT. I love Waluigi since Mario Party 4 but then sadly he doesn't have his own franchise... Wario is in because he have his own franchise right? Warioware.inc
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- As a female i'm okay with ZSS
- Zelda now is meh, sadly. Well atleast we have Sheik
- I think that Megaman isn't really good...? But of course still want to use him :D
- I feel sorry and you all should feel sorry about Sakurai. He have really serious medical problem, and you know that developing ssb4 is really hard. Please don't insult Sakurai, he should deserved a rest after ssb4 is finished, he should hangout with his friends and family, and play with his cat. Sakurai isn't a jerk. I hope Sakurai is happy with his own work and happy in his life too
- Calling Bandana Waddle Dee as "glorified Goomba" is an insult

let's see the Darude-Sandstorm i will take for my opinion :D

Zol

Smash Apprentice
Pit is a stupid character
Dark Pit is a stupid ****ing recolor of a stupid character
Paletuna should die in a fire
Sonic needs to get his legs broken

oh **** me im in the wrong thread

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Pit is a stupid character
Dark Pit is a stupid ****ing recolor of a stupid character
Paletuna should die in a fire
Sonic needs to get his legs broken

oh **** me im in the wrong thread
:L I see what you did thar. You get a like just for that.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't like how there is now a "the big 4" term and Isaac is suddenly budged into it, Isaac doesn't even has as much merits and reasons to get as Ridley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool (to a slightly low extent).

People should stop saying that certain series (Golden Sun, Metroid, Star Fox, DKC) are being hated by Sakurai, that's the worst assumption for a newcomer's exclusion from the roster I head ever.

The hate for Dark Pit is staggering and he's being blamed for the exclusions of popular newcomers, it needs to stop.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I don't like how there is now a "the big 4" term and Isaac is suddenly budged into it, Isaac doesn't even has as much merits and reasons to get as Ridley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool (to a slightly low extent).

People should stop saying that certain series (Golden Sun, Metroid, Star Fox, DKC) are being hated by Sakurai, that's the worst assumption for a newcomer's exclusion from the roster ever.

The hate for Dark Pit is staggering and he's being blamed for the exclusions of popular newcomers, it needs to stop.
Can we say thay Sakurai hates the Ice Climber series? Because he obviously does. He even admitted to it.

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
-I wanted Mike Tyson to join the roster as a Mac clone but with grab moves that revolved around biting people's ears.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There is none. That's not even what he said. It's the latest article in Famitsu about their cut.

He said that giving top priority to them when they're a series with new games isn't a reasonable idea. I mean, making the rest of the game suffer to concentrate on one character isn't fair.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
There is none. That's not even what he said. It's the latest article in Famitsu about their cut.

He said that giving top priority to them when they're a series with new games isn't a reasonable idea. I mean, making the rest of the game suffer to concentrate on one character isn't fair.
So since one version would suffer with them, they made it that the other version should suffer without them. That's ****ing fair...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So since one version would suffer with them, they made it that the other version should suffer without them. That's ****ing fair...
I'm just going to end it by saying this topic is not supposed to be for debate. Which is why I refuse to give an answer or rebuttal. A.K.A. It's dropped.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • Nobody will ever convince me that they don't support Mewtwo for any reason other than anti-Melee/pro-Brawl sentiment. Admit it, that's the motivation behind most if not all of his detractors.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm just going to end it by saying this topic is not supposed to be for debate. Which is why I refuse to give an answer or rebuttal. A.K.A. It's dropped.
Alright drop the argument. This isn't the thread for this.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Consider it dropped. Hence why I didn't reply any further. The purest form of dropping an arguement.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I only asked for a source when he said Sakurai "hated" them. I know why they were cut, but I didn't think it constituted as "hate" at all, that's silly.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I only asked for a source when he said Sakurai "hated" them. I know why they were cut, but I didn't think it constituted as "hate" at all, that's silly.
Yeah, well it's my opinion and opinions are silly sometimes. GOSH!

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Yeah, well it's my opinion and opinions are silly sometimes. GOSH!
Well, I didn't want to feel like I was attacking your opinion, because the way you put it made it sound like in an interview Sakurai officially said he hated them. I was only preoccupied with how it looked like you were stating that as fact.

For the record, I hate that the Ice Climbers are gone, too. He should have released the Wii U version first (it needs the money more anyway) and released the 3DS version on the New 3DS since that version can definitely handle the Ice Climbers.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
- Wolf > Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Lucina.
- Ice Climbers > Rosalina, Palutena, Greninja, Robin.
- Where is Ridley, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong and a Wars Series Character?
- Why is ZSS again in this Smash because my female reps (right Sakurai)...
- I still think Isaac needs to be added to the roster.
- Classic Ganon is a genius idea and should be the next playable character from Zelda Series instead of Impa, Tingle, Vaati, etc.
- Captain Toad and Inkling would be great as DLC characters in the future.
- Duck Hunt is a nice idea with great concept.
- Mach Rider would a be another great classic / retro character to be added to the game.
- Where are the villains in this new Smash?

.n_n.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Well, I didn't want to feel like I was attacking your opinion, because the way you put it made it sound like in an interview Sakurai officially said he hated them. I was only preoccupied with how it looked like you were stating that as fact.

For the record, I hate that the Ice Climbers are gone, too. He should have released the Wii U version first (it needs the money more anyway) and released the 3DS version on the New 3DS since that version can definitely handle the Ice Climbers.
Fair enough. This is the opinions board after all. I doubt half of what's posted here is fact anyways.

D

Deleted member

• I like :4darkpit:
  • :4greninja: was the best possible choice for a Pokemon newcomer, and was a better choice than :mewtwopm:
  • :4roy:>:roypm: (I don't hate :roypm: though)
  • :4wario: should've had 16 alternates, not :4littlemac:
  • :4ganondorf:needs to be replaced by Phantom Ganon in the next Smash Bros, using dual swords and energy tennis moves, mainly Wind Waker inspired, just because he is so poorly represented as Falcondorf.
  • Riki the legendary Heropon should've been playable instead of :4shulk:
  • Just because a person likes :rosalina:/:4robinf:/:4lucina:/:4zelda:/:4marth:/:4palutena:/:4zss:doesn't mean that they consider those characters waifus.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
  • Nobody will ever convince me that they don't support Mewtwo for any reason other than anti-Melee/pro-Brawl sentiment. Admit it, that's the motivation behind most if not all of his detractors.
Not being a fan of Kanto specifically when it's already got more than half the reps in the Pokémon series is avalid reason. Admittedly, though, I'd say he's more deserving than Jigglypuff and Charizard.

Aside:
- I'm all for as many returning stages as possible on the Wii U version, so long as there's at least any many stages as in Brawl in total.
- I'd totally be okay with Magicant being the only MOTHER stage across both versions (if only for the prospect of more awesome MOTHER 1 music).

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I'm really happy that Wolf got cut over Falco, though I didn't really think either should be cut, if it came down to it it should have been Wolf and it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

ProfTrumanchez

Smash Cadet
NNID
ProfTrumanchez
3DS FC
0731-4753-9860
I welcome the new "rage mechanic" in Smash 4. Just another layer of differentiation in this installment to define its uniqueness. Plus it makes playing as a damage sponge like Bowser Or Expand Dong more rewarding.

Grey Wind

Smash Rookie
- I'm not really bothered by the clones (and by that I mean Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit). I don't see the massive hatred geared towards them at all.
- Zelda reps could be better. Sheik being her own character is p cool and all, but Toon Link is kind of :/ and I would have preferred Skull Kid, Ghirahim or some other character instead.
- I can see why people would be put off by another Mario rep in Bowser Jr, but I think he actually looks like a really fun character to play as and I'm happy he's included.
- I don't really care about Mewtwo or Ridley not being included and y'all need to stop being so salty about it lol.
- Duck Hunt is an amazing choice.
- RIP Ice Climbers :( (although I'm actually not overly disappointed by their cut).

I think one contributing factor to the mass disappointment in the roster is the fact that Sakurai only leaves a few "heavy-hitters" as surprise/secret characters. He did it with Brawl too, but basically all of the huge/cool characters but two were officially revealed already, and they're starters. He hasn't really been saving too many unique characters as unlockables, so there aren't many good surprises.
I agree with this and I did have a slightly deflated reaction to the leaked roster, but I'm still happy with it overall.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
- I love clones. All of them.
- Roy was the first character i unlocked on Melee (Wasn't my GC, so didn't know about secret characters)
- I don't like the idea of Ridley or King. K Rool in Smash in all honesty.
- I already miss you Lucas.
- Magicant is the best stage in the entire franchise.
- Smash Bros made me play Earthbound. I'm SO thankfull for that.
- I STILL want to see more remixes of Kirby's bosses. Especially CROWNED or Moonstruck Blossom.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Even after playing the demo, my feelings about Smash 4 are still primarily neutral.

That's got to be unpopular.

Last edited:

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
Greninja is only newcomer I don't like at all. I would have rather had Delphox, Sylveon, or any other gen 6 pokemon as the gen 6 rep. Greninja also doesn't seem to bring any new playstyle like the other newcomers (minus clones) do and seems almost identical to Sheik and Fox. I know Game Freak/Nintendo purposely made Greninja the most popular starter by giving it the best hidden ability, so it was the obvious choice for Smash, but I just hate its design so much, the tongue scarf is disgusting and it looks nothing like Frogadier or Froakie

I'm not a huge fan of Sylveon but I don't hate it and it's been very popular ever since it was introduced, plus it would represent the new fairy type since Jiggly's moveset wasn't changed to represent it, I think Sylveon would have been a much better choice than Greninja

Water Shuriken is a pretty cool looking move though, I'll give Greninja that

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
They should stop adding Pokémon newcomers.
The roster looks like a fan-made costume pack for Brawl.
Even though I'm sad to see them go, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake were the most sensible cuts to make.
I enjoy doubles (both watching and playing) more than 1v1.
Duck Hunt is a boring character to watch.
I think Smash 3DS looks better than Brawl, aesthetically/graphically.
I have absolutely no interest in Amiibos.
I still don't like the idea of custom moves. They do offer a lot to the competitive scene, though, and I'm fine with that.
I don't think third-party characters should be in more than one Smash Bros. game. That being said, I'm not complaining that Sonic returned.
Aside from the prospect of having Ice Climbers return, I don't care about or want DLC characters. I just want to enjoy the game for what it is.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Broadly speaking, I'm overall disappointed in the Smash 4 roster. There were some characters I outright disliked such as Rosalina, Greninja, and Villager, they were far outnumbered by the plethora of newcomers I looked at and thought, "Huh, that's kinda cool I guess. I'd never consider maining him/her, though." The only newcomer I have any interest in at all is Lucina.

Anyways, this presents a problem I've never had with the Smash games until now. See, I notice a lot of you guys have 10+ mains you wanna use. That's cool, but for me I've always had one "top main" with a few extras I learn to play for when I get bored of my top main, and sometimes a third group of characters I use rarely. Nintendo pretty much unintentionally middle fingered me here.

"Hey, I like to play Mewtwo a lot! He appeals to me design-wise, and fits my playstyle! It's pretty cool to use a low-tier character decently."

"Good to know! That's why we took him out of Brawl. We replaced him with one of your least favorite Pokemon characters!"

"Hah, well screw you then. I'll play Wolf. I'm a fan of his and it only took one match to realize he was my main."

"Too bad he's cut from 4 too! And don't even think about getting your old main back! Remember those 2 Pokemon you hated? **** you, LoveGame! **** you for liking the darker characters over the cheery/heroic ones!"

Seriously, was I the only one who got both of his top mains cut with no suitable replacement? Just me? Okay.

I understand that a lot of y'all hate Mewtwo and/or Wolf. I'm not asking you to like them. I just have a hard time maining characters I have literally zero interest in just because they play decently. Yeah, I've already pre-ordered SSB4. Yeah, I'll play it, main Samus, and enjoy it. But she'll always feel like a secondary main to me, with a top main nowhere to be found. I feel like I'm gonna be largely sticking with PM even after 4 comes out because PM has characters I can fully enjoy.

Sorry for the long post. tl;dr Smash 4 has a generally disappointing roster and it's not just 'cuz of Mewtwo

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace

People should stop saying that certain series (Golden Sun, Metroid, Star Fox, DKC) are being hated by Sakurai, that's the worst assumption for a newcomer's exclusion from the roster I head ever.

I actually hate him for taking the spots of other potential clones.
Namely dark samus or blood falcon.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The Roster is fine. In what other game can you have these four fight?

:4mario::4megaman::4pacman::4sonic:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
- I like the Mii's even more than some characters.
- I can't stand how people "hate" x character for replacing others. I understand hating them gameplay-wise or simply dislike the character, but because your beloved... i dunno, Mewtwo (Example only.) isn't in the game it's not the other characters fault.
- I'm still sad about Lucas being gone, and i still like Roy more than Marth or Lucina, but i gotta deal with it...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
- I like the Mii's even more than some characters.
- I can't stand how people "hate" x character for replacing others. I understand hating them gameplay-wise or simply dislike the character, but because your beloved... i dunno, Mewtwo (Example only.) isn't in the game it's not the other characters fault.
- I'm still sad about Lucas being gone, and i still like Roy more than Marth or Lucina, but i gotta deal with it...
I agree on the second, but this is a problem when you're managing a support thread that some people showed hate on dr mario while it's just unfair and not good for the thread.

I agree though that it's annoying to read those kinds of comments, but I lived that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom