• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
America should have gotten the "Duck Hunt Duo" name for the dog and duck as well. They're not a hunt. That's an activity. They're a dog and a duck. Duo would have been a fine localized name.

Another unpopular opinion--yes, the above is kind of a big deal, to me at least ;_;

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

• Chrom would've been a much better character than Lucina
  • Dark Pit is my favorite clone
  • I never really cared for the Ice Climbers.
  • G&W could've been cut and I wouldn't have cared
  • I have no problem with the mass amount of Mario/Mario-related characters
  • Couldn't care less about the whole Ridley debate, either way is fine for me
  • I would rather have seen another clone than Greninja
  • Bowser Jr. is one of the more unique characters
  • I'm happy with most of the recolors
  • Ike & Ganondorf need to be buffed in speed and/or armor
  • Custom moves feel useless since they can't be used online
  • I THINK SMASH RUN IS EXTREMELY ENTERTAINING
  • Mega Man was kind of a let down (for me anyways)
These are just my opinions, some unpopular, others may be popular...just wanted to share.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
It's 2014 your online play should not be this laggy to the point where I'm getting beat by DK, who my friend doesn't even play. LIKE WAT

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Greninja has a shiny pallet, charizard has his gen 2 shiny, pretty sure pika's is there too.
Shiny Greninja's all black, so no, there's no shiny Greninja.
Charizard has his Gen 2 shiny, which means there's no real shiny Charizard.
And they took out shiny Jigglypuff, shameful.

Also, there's an unsettling amount of toobigots on this thread.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I don't understand why some people are so against a character getting in.

Like, are you being forced to play as them? No. If you're worried about them taking up a slot that your precious character you wanted would've gotten, don't.

Really, why is everyone so sadistic towards Mewtwo fans like me? Yeah, I wanted him in the game pretty bad, but I still play it regardless. I'll never understand that mentality.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
- I guarantee you that Chrom would've been just as cloney as Lucina. And it was never Lucina got in over Chrom. It was Robin got in over Chrom. So in terms of uniqueness between those two, Robin wins hands down.
- Customizing equipment is the most boring and tedious thing I've ever done in a Smash game. I attempted to make a custom Dark Pit to survive Smash Run and made him stupid slow and a pathetic jumper. AND, the game at the end of the round was Race to the Finish!
- I wouldn't have bothered with Customization in general if Palutena's default moveset didn't suck so bad. And it doesn't even matter since you can't use is online anyways!
- I don't care who you are. If you lose to me one round and switch to Little Mac the next, you're officially a tryhard.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
-Super Smash Bros. For is a cool punny name that makes sense since the system name is used after.
-While Gen II Shiny Charizard is not as neat as the updated one, it's still a Shiny Pokemon.
-I think if Square-Enix were to get a rep down the line, it should be from their own series. I am okay with Geno as a pure bonus character, and even more okay with him if Nintendo buys out all of Super Mario RPG first.
-I'd honestly rather have Dr. Mario than Paper Mario. There are enough different Paper Mario characters to rep it. I'd even take, say, Grodus. I rarely prefer 3 variants of the same character. The only time I'm slightly okay with it if they are guaranteed to be vastly unique(the good Doc is not like this). And the 3rd iteration of them needs to do this. Also, if it's a returning vet being revamped into an all new character, I can work with it. Say, Young Link who changes forms via Masks, or at least does tons of attacks based upon his Masked forms. I will admit that it could lag horribly, though.
-I've seen the lag due too much onscreen. The Ice Climbers just would not work on the 3DS, and it would become an unplayable mess by that point. The cut was necessary at the time. However, they may be able to fix it, but I don't want Nana to be at 30 FPS or lose her A.I., since that would kill the playstyle.
-While this game definitely did not have a lot of who I wanted, I am okay with it because even my most hated characters(Palutena) has been a blast(even literally) to play as. She's awesome at Smash Run.
-Ganondorf is severely badass, and he doesn't need a sword to be so. His Melee version is still balanced better, but this one is so much more rough and can kick butt to a high degree. Enough to be name-dropped by Sakurai before his page was up in the Secrets page.
-The starting roster is too huge. I hope the Wii U version changes it up a bit. 4 Starting outs of 5 Pokemon is just... wow.
-I hope the Wii U version has a few extra characters, but only if they are available as quick as possible for the 3DS version.
-Smash For is a cool name. I find it better than Smash 4 myself. I do believe it's justified to use 4 for the purpose of keeping conversation easier.
-If they had to upgrade a clone other than Dark Pit, only Alph or Pichu would be one I'd prefer. Gen II representation and a second Pikmin character is neat~
-Alts are cool, but I completely agree that they must play like the original self and it should make sense that they do. Custom Moves should not be used as an excuse to change it to a completely new move that represents the Alt a bit better. Remodel all the proper attacks, or none. No, Dr. Mario using a FLUDD is not logical. Him using some weird needle is ridiculous looking, but logical. I'd have taking a reskin of it, but I prefer the Tornado anyway.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • Pittoo could have been unique if he was a composite character of Pit and Palutena, like how Doc was only able to have the Tornado and Classic Dair because of Luigi. He could have used the staff then.
  • Palutena's default moveset is fine and fits her character. (Besides, I need my anti-Mega Man.)
  • I think the Tower of Smash leak is fake, but I wish it was real because that mode would be cool.
  • Mii Fighters should have been allowed in With Anyone. They could just penalize the Hitlers, body parts, etc. or something like they do disconnectors.
  • I like the game competitively, but I am seeing red flags that it might die like Brawl, so I'm remaining skeptical.
  • I have high hopes for the game balance and hope the current Japanese tier list is at least somewhat accurate, at least in the sense that the worst characters are about half as effective as the best rather than being totally helpless. The only thing I'm hoping doesn't stay is Yoshi being at the top, because I just feel dirty playing as him now.
  • For Glory is perfectly fine as is and improving as natural selection roots out all the annoying Little League Macs. Final Destination is definitely more neutral this time, because I feel perfectly comfortable with characters at a stage disadvantage against characters with a stage advantage, such as G-dubs or Palutena versus one of the rare Little Macs who actually know what they're doing.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I think it would have made more sense to have Marth as unlockable instead of Lucina. Only because the latter is easier to use than the former.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Warning very opinionated, you may not agree, sorry if I write like some of this is fact, none of it really is, it's just my opinion and perspective.

I dont like Mii's
Sakurai immediately decided against them in Brawl, only to implement them in Smash 4. I personally would have continued to leave them out. Yes they are important to Nintendo, but they aren't true video game characters in my opinion. We have plenty of time in other games were we are able to play as the Mii, and its not very exciting or original. My personal beef with them is that they can not be used online, which (to me) seems like a waste of development time that could have been used on anything else in the game. Since Mii's are focused on customization they are inherently unbalanced, or make it even much more difficult to balance. In my opinion they should have scraped along with all customization and more focus placed on balance.

I don't like Wii Fit Trainer
I feel like this character was such an attempt at being the "unexpected" and "shock" character that it kind of worked against itself. It's fairly easy to pick any random series that unlikely to get a rep and make it a rep. Once again I don't feel like Wii Fit Trainer is a true video game character... If Wii Fit Trainer would have never been added no one would have cared. Now that it's an addition it will lead to it's fan base being disappointed if it's not incorporated in next addition of Smash. Personally it would have been nice to see a different new comer. I feel that because it's hard to say that WFT is a true video game character, in the very least WFT sits in this weird grey area, that WFT negatively impacts the integrity of the roster.

I don't like R.O.B.
ROB did not originate as a video game character, he began as a controller or peripheral. The two games on the NES he was used on, he wasn't the playable character. Nor did he appear in the game. Since then, yes he has appeared as a character in various games. None-the-less in my opinion he's about as worthy of the roster as a playable N64 or game cube controller. One could argue that he is a game character, but I feel he would still reside in this grey area. Over all I feel like grey area characters jeopardize the roster and open flood gates for other characters, such as anime characters, some where down the road. None video game characters or grey area characters over all effect the integrity of the roster.

I'm not a fan of Bowser Jr.
Personally I feel the roster didn't need another Mario rep, but besides that he's not a bad character choice. My issue with Bowser Jr. is that he's not really Bowser Jr... His character is more accurately the Clown Car, that's why it's so easy to swap him with any Koopaling. In my opinion although the Clown Car is creative I feel it was more of a ploy to have the Koopaling's playable, which in my opinion is a little over the top and not necessary. Plus the Koopaling's don't fit Bowser Jr's final smash. It would have been nice to see Bowser Jr more so then the Clown Car as a move set. I'm not against him on the roster much better then the aforementioned characters.

I'm not a fan of Palutena & Dark Pit
I feel these characters were added due Sakurai's own bias, also because Kid Icarus had the easiest models and stuff to port over since it was on the 3DS already. None-the-less I feel this shouldn't have been a reason for their inclusion. Palutena's move set is bland and doesn't do her justice. My beef with Dark Pit isn't so much that he's a clone, I personally don't mind clones. It's that he's well a product of bias, but since he was relatively easy to implement I can't hold much against him. It's just silly that longer lived franchises and more historic to smash franchises don't have as many reps of Kid Icarus now. DK only has two reps, Metroid only two reps, F-zero one rep. Etc it's kind of whatever at this point. Over all they aren't bad characters to have on the roster it's just debatable or questionable. I'm not against them being on the roster at all.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Unpopular Opinions

I would have chose to wait for Smash 4 t'ill late 2015, just so it can be developed on both the WiiU and the new 3ds so IC aren't cut.
I prefered Zelda and Sheik together
I don't lbelieve in the concept of "original 12" should never be cut
Brawl was a game that failed to live up to its expectations
I would have chosen Snake to return over Sonic
Megaman should have been saved at the tail end of marketing for the game, to bring massive hype
Melee players shouldn't be hated if they don't end up liking Smash 4
I don't think Ridley's a stage boss
I would have chose Chrom over Ike

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I don't really like the idea of "reps" per series. Characters should just get in regardless of what the series "deserves". That being said, King K. Rool and Dixie Kong both deserve to get in regardless of what the DK series "deserves" or not.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I don't really like the idea of "reps" per series. Characters should just get in regardless of what the series "deserves". That being said, King K. Rool and Dixie Kong both deserve to get in regardless of what the DK series "deserves" or not.
Everyone one believes different characters should be in the game. Who decides which fan wants make it and which do not. If you had every one's fan wants in the game, the game would have 150 playable characters and be released 2017. Cuts have to be made somewhere. The roster will never be perfect. It will always be a compromise, because sakurai is inherently biased and because there's not enough time to put every fan wanted character in.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
My excitement for the game unfortunately completely died when the roster was fully revealed.

I don't really care for the Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus franchises so none of those characters did anything for me.

The fact that Bowser Jr can be replaced by literally anything and his moveset wouldn't change because he doesn't really do anything. Its all the car.

I have no opinion one way or the other on Ridley, but I feel bad for his fans for being strung along.

I am happy Snake was cut mainly because I feel he didn't at all fit in with the rest of the cast.

I was unhappy with Charizard being alone when it was Squirtle I felt was the most fun to play as from Pokemon Trainer.

I don't really like retro characters like ROB, Mr. Game & Watch and to a lesser extent, Duck Hunt Dog.

Shulk and characters with anime looks usually don't do anything for me.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Everyone one believes different characters should be in the game. Who decides which fan wants make it and which do not. If you had every one's fan wants in the game, the game would have 150 playable characters and be released 2017. Cuts have to be made somewhere. The roster will never be perfect. It will always be a compromise, because sakurai is inherently biased and because there's not enough time to put every fan wanted character in.
Oh well.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I was so excited to main Little Mac but then everyone made him stale and now I feel like a scrub for maining him.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
My excitement for the game unfortunately completely died when the roster was fully revealed.

I don't really care for the Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus franchises so none of those characters did anything for me.

The fact that Bowser Jr can be replaced by literally anything and his moveset wouldn't change because he doesn't really do anything. Its all the car.

I have no opinion one way or the other on Ridley, but I feel bad for his fans for being strung along.

I am happy Snake was cut mainly because I feel he didn't at all fit in with the rest of the cast.

I was unhappy with Charizard being alone when it was Squirtle I felt was the most fun to play as from Pokemon Trainer.

I don't really like retro characters like ROB, Mr. Game & Watch and to a lesser extent, Duck Hunt Dog.

Shulk and characters with anime looks usually don't do anything for me.
This was and still is how I feel toward the roster, essentially. I remember having my friend go watch the stream while I was out with friends for my birthday. I checked Skype and saw "So the stream deconfirms Mewtwo, Wolf, Ridley etc.", and most of my hype dropped right there.

I mean, let's look at the newcomers specifically.

Robin and Lucina. The sole newcomers I had even minimal interest in. I've never played FE, but I did at least read up on them and do plan on playing their game after I get through my current backlog.

Dark Pit and Palutena. Don't care about clones one way or the other, I'm just not too interested in Kid Icarus overall. No real chance of maining either.

Rosalina. My least-favorite Mario character and just a really boring character overall. Reminds me of a Mario game I was never fond of.. The worst part is, I knew she would be in because she has to be in anything remotely Mario-related.

Shulk. Never played his source game, might someday. The man himself just isn't interesting to me.

Bowser Jr. Don't need to repeat what you said. You're basically playing as the clown car.

WFT and Mii fighters. Gimmick/"unexpected" characters. Overall uninteresting beyond the initial novelty.

Villager. Doesn't even have the cool AC1 design with the "horns" on his hat. Boring character, same for his moveset. Again, feels more like a novelty than anything else.

Greninja. I just don't get the hype behind him. I didn't get it when XY came out. He's ninja character #583 with a broken ability. Of course, everyone drools over him because he's a ninja frog. Generally overrated, and I don't even care if he "replaced" Mewtwo. Gen 6 did need a rep if you ask me. It just seems like between him and Lucario, they deliberately chose my least favorite Pokemon.

Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Duck Hunt. Again, basically what you said. I appreciate the callback and representation of the "Retro" era and have no objection to these characters' inclusion, but the fact is, I'm 22. I grew up on the 64 and have no nostalgia for them. As a general rule, I won't main someone who I'm not a fan of or haven't played/have no intent of playing their home series. The exemption here is Mega Man, I actually used to be obsessed with his games. I just don't like his moveset tbh.

So that just leaves the veterans. Of most of the returning characters, I either never cared for them in the first place, or stopped maining them a few games ago. In Smash 4, that basically leaves Samus, Link, Kirby, and a few other ones I use rarely. They all feel like secondary characters. The only characters that ever really "clicked" perfectly with me were Mewtwo and Wolf, and apparently I was unlucky enough for neither one to even have a chance.

Somebody on a different forum told me that I "tend to favor darker and more anti-heroic characters, which is something Nintendo has been trying to avoid". Honestly, that couldn't be closer to the truth. I'm burnt out on heroic characters. What's the aversion to adding any villains or at least anti-heroes?

I try to defend Smash 4 to the death, I really do. As a Melee/PM player, I love the way it plays. But unless there is DLC, I will stand by my statement that Smash 4 has the worst roster in the series.

Also, sorry if I offended anyone who mains the newcomers. You're fine to like them and I don't view you any lesser for doing so. It's just what I think of them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was so excited to main Little Mac but then everyone made him stale and now I feel like a scrub for maining him.
You shouldn't care about who plays him and whatever people say about him, SHOW 'EM WHAT YOU GOT MAC BABY!

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Please read the OP, sir.

Tsukihi Araragi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-1966-0579
-What genius thought bringing back Dr.Mario but leaving out Wolf and Snake was a good idea?
-I really like Lucina despite her being "baby's first Marth".
-I really hate how Marth's attacks have a lot of knock back, and his other nerfs as well. "But shield breaker is better now". Man, it was fine enough and sure as hell wasn't worth weakening his air attacks. Especially his Dair. I dusted off my my Wii today to play Brawl and Project M. God, the difference is night and day.
-I really wish they made it so the d-pad was used for smash attacks, I mean it wouldn't be hard taunt by tapping the touch scree right?
-Where are the stickers? It was fun to just look at your sticker album.
-A lot of the returning stages, are, well lame.

More in general but I hate it when people make Melee look like some game that's only for hardcore enthusiasts. I mean, if you want a fighting game that's very complex you should play Guilty Gear or Blazblue.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
This was and still is how I feel toward the roster, essentially. I remember having my friend go watch the stream while I was out with friends for my birthday. I checked Skype and saw "So the stream deconfirms Mewtwo, Wolf, Ridley etc.", and most of my hype dropped right there.

I mean, let's look at the newcomers specifically.

Robin and Lucina. The sole newcomers I had even minimal interest in. I've never played FE, but I did at least read up on them and do plan on playing their game after I get through my current backlog.

Dark Pit and Palutena. Don't care about clones one way or the other, I'm just not too interested in Kid Icarus overall. No real chance of maining either.

Rosalina. My least-favorite Mario character and just a really boring character overall. Reminds me of a Mario game I was never fond of.. The worst part is, I knew she would be in because she has to be in anything remotely Mario-related.

Shulk. Never played his source game, might someday. The man himself just isn't interesting to me.

Bowser Jr. Don't need to repeat what you said. You're basically playing as the clown car.

WFT and Mii fighters. Gimmick/"unexpected" characters. Overall uninteresting beyond the initial novelty.

Villager. Doesn't even have the cool AC1 design with the "horns" on his hat. Boring character, same for his moveset. Again, feels more like a novelty than anything else.

Greninja. I just don't get the hype behind him. I didn't get it when XY came out. He's ninja character #583 with a broken ability. Of course, everyone drools over him because he's a ninja frog. Generally overrated, and I don't even care if he "replaced" Mewtwo. Gen 6 did need a rep if you ask me. It just seems like between him and Lucario, they deliberately chose my least favorite Pokemon.

Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Duck Hunt. Again, basically what you said. I appreciate the callback and representation of the "Retro" era and have no objection to these characters' inclusion, but the fact is, I'm 22. I grew up on the 64 and have no nostalgia for them. As a general rule, I won't main someone who I'm not a fan of or haven't played/have no intent of playing their home series. The exemption here is Mega Man, I actually used to be obsessed with his games. I just don't like his moveset tbh.

So that just leaves the veterans. Of most of the returning characters, I either never cared for them in the first place, or stopped maining them a few games ago. In Smash 4, that basically leaves Samus, Link, Kirby, and a few other ones I use rarely. They all feel like secondary characters. The only characters that ever really "clicked" perfectly with me were Mewtwo and Wolf, and apparently I was unlucky enough for neither one to even have a chance.

Somebody on a different forum told me that I "tend to favor darker and more anti-heroic characters, which is something Nintendo has been trying to avoid". Honestly, that couldn't be closer to the truth. I'm burnt out on heroic characters. What's the aversion to adding any villains or at least anti-heroes?

I try to defend Smash 4 to the death, I really do. As a Melee/PM player, I love they way it plays. But unless there is DLC, I will stand by my statement that Smash 4 has the worst roster in the series.

Also, sorry if I offended anyone who mains the newcomers. You're fine to like them and I don't view you any lesser for doing so. It's just what I think of them.
Yeah we're essentially on the same page here! Although Pac-Man was prob. the only character that I was at all remotely hype for but not enough to purchase the game over.

And yeah, Sakurai seems to really enjoy adding the What the..?! and Retro choices which is fine and all but does nothing for me at the end of the day. I was alive during that time but really have no interest in playing as a robot peripheral or Game and Watch who is not even an actual character but an amalgam of a long dead form of gaming.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Yeah we're essentially on the same page here! Although Pac-Man was prob. the only character that I was at all remotely hype for but not enough to purchase the game over.

And yeah, Sakurai seems to really enjoy adding the What the..?! and Retro choices which is fine and all but does nothing for me at the end of the day. I was alive during that time but really have no interest in playing as a robot peripheral or Game and Watch who is not even an actual character but an amalgam of a long dead form of gaming.
I actually did main G&W for a very short time pre-Smash 4. Never cared for ROB since he isn't even a game character and just holds no appeal for me.

A buddy of mine said they were really focused on adding inane characters more than anything else, and I'm starting to agree. You could've given me Mewtwo, Wolf, K. Rool, OR Ridley and I would've been so much more satisfied. *Sigh*

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, again, deep details, but no one mention them:

• I like the sounds effect before an online match starts. Let's say you do something else while waiting not your eyes on screen, you never miss the match with this and especially from me with headphones, it's useful.
  • I like the steam effect because I learned from aG&W main that I should only try to ko after racking enough damage, but the thing is even with the option to have the % counter on the top of the bottom creen, I'm too focused to the top one. Seeing the steam after 100% and going faster after is helpful to help me if I should go for a ko or continue damage.
  • I love some of the effects like the KO red line (it's sometime not a ko with good DI and really limit to ko you but it mostly means you're ko), the SMAAAAASH sprites and even sounds when you defeat a starman assist trophy and the meteor smash sounds effect, this is so satisfying to ko someone by meteor smash with this.
I'm enjoying how detailed this game is.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
8 player Smash sounds like a terrible idea. 4 players is more than enough. And to have this but no Ice Climbers is just cruel.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Dark Pit I feel was wasted potential. Now I know what some of you are already thinking. No, I believe Dark Pit (like the other clones) have nothing to do with replacing the fan favorites (Mewtwo, Ridley, etc.). (Since whenever the topic of clones are pulled this is generally brought up as a reason to hate them). Because to be honest, unless there's direct evidence claiming that Dark Pit replaced one of the big three, I don't why it should be a direct reason to hate him. With that logic, anyone could've replaced them. Mega Man could have replaced Mewtwo; Palutena could have replace Ridley; Little Mac could have replaced K. Rool. But "could" is different from "did". But I digress.

For starters, both him and Pit's movesets are almost identical. Sure, one could argue that the other two clones (Dr. Mario and Lucina) also have similar moveset. But, one could also argue that the two do share differences from their counterpart (the former being slower put more powerful among others, and Lucina being a Marth without the tipping), apart from some light differences in knockback and angles (and a different Final Smash), the two play the same. And really, it could have been changed. I mean, what about the Dark Pit Staff? If you go through the trouble of not only putting it in his concept art but also modeling it in-game, how about you use it? And sure one could say he uses it for said Final Smash, but I mean more than that. Use it with some of his specials, or heck possibly with his standard attacks. There could have been a lot they could have done with it. And even then, you could have used various other elements. Maybe use him to showcase many of the other weapon types like Blades, Palms or Claws. Or maybe some of the other powers like Land Mine or Slip Shot. At least something to make him more original. But much like Ganon's sword they tossed it aside (and at least they actually used the sword this time around).

And it's not just Dark Pit I have this issue with. Even my main Dr. Mario has astounding moments of unoriginality. His taunts are a great example. His Side Taunt sure is different and neat, but the other two, not so much (his Up Taunt is literally just him patting his leg, with his Down Taunt him hitting his shoulder. We're just breaking the boundaries I see). Personally I hoped they could have pulled some neat references with him. Perhaps with one of them the viruses could have appeared, or maybe used other franchises like Panel de Pon or Yoshi's Cookie.

I've heard that Sakurai did consider him as just an alt. And I'll admit, I definitely see that. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind more characters, snd I'll be honest I don't hate him, I play him more than Pit. If anything, I'm more disappointed in what he became, I feel they could have done a lot more with his character than just "clone".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom