• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I wish Lucina was just a costume.

I dislike all the people saying the Wii U version is automatically superior or deserves much more for some reason.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ice Climbers are easily the worst designed characters in Smash history, and I wouldn't mind seeing them gone, the only reason I'd ever have second thoughts about wanting them gone is because other people like them. They always have some unfair trick up their sleeve which can lead to instant KOs, and whenever hacks like PM and Balanced Brawl try to fix that they just end up having major synchronization issues which lead to them being incredibly awkward and not fun at all unless you dedicate all your time to them, and in a game that's otherwise very easy to pick up and play that's really a major problem imo. Certainly doesn't help that their game of origin is incredibly obscure and sucks too. I'm not even a Duck Hunt Dog supporter at all but I still consider him a far superior NES representant with potential to be much more fun for both sides in gameplay.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Pokemon Trainer (excluding Zard) not coming back is the best cut Sakurai made since Doc, Young Link and Pichu.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure if I posted this already, but I'm glad that Kid Icarus has more content than Donkey Kong or Metroid.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I understand that Dark Pit was probably a last minute addition to pad the roster similar to Dr. Mario or Lucina, but the fact that he's been so heavily hinting that he's gonna be in the game makes me think he's probably a more special case than them. The whole Famitsu thing wasn't even sly.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ice Climbers are easily the worst designed characters in Smash history, and I wouldn't mind seeing them gone, the only reason I'd ever have second thoughts about wanting them gone is because other people like them. They always have some unfair trick up their sleeve which can lead to instant KOs, and whenever hacks like PM and Balanced Brawl try to fix that they just end up having major synchronization issues which lead to them being incredibly awkward and not fun at all unless you dedicate all your time to them, and in a game that's otherwise very easy to pick up and play that's really a major problem imo. Certainly doesn't help that their game of origin is incredibly obscure and sucks too. I'm not even a Duck Hunt Dog supporter at all but I still consider him a far superior NES representant with potential to be much more fun for both sides in gameplay.
Not to argue against your opinion, but it should be noted that Ice Climbers was featured in NES Remix while Duck Hunt wasn't (for obvious reasons of course). So while Ice Climbers aren't as legendary as Duck Hunt, they're definitely not as super obscure as someone like, say Takamaru or Mach Rider.
Besides, Kid Icarus used to be obscure back in the day. Look at it now.
Still waiting for an Ice Climbers reboot though...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm starting to be conflicted with the 3DS version.
On one hand, it's beginning to look like it's bogging down both the Wii U and itself in terms of content (and then there's the issue with Ice Climbers). Kinda like the annoying little brother of the two.
But on the other hand, it's really the only shot I have at playing Smash (don't own a Wii U, or a TV, and I don't want to pour out hundreds of dollars just to play one game). So if I decide to skip it, I'm skipping Smash 4 entirely.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Clones are not a bad thing.
Felt the urge to re-post this with the new leak and all.

Also.

I think the whole complaining of the leaked roster, if it turns out to be true, is stupid. Someone's favorite character didn't get in? Boo freaking hoo. Get over it. Don't see me complaining about not getting a character I wanted (not that any of them had much of a chance in the first place).

No character addition is a bad addition. Not even Goku would be a bad addition.

I can however sympathize with those disappointed with the cut characters in the potentially true leak.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
1. Nobody predicted WFT
2. Villager was generally ignored while everyone was requesting highly popular characters.
3. Nobody thought Rosalina was in because "a 5th Mario character wasn't necessary."
4. After Rosalina no one thought Bowser Jr. was going to be in, and again "6 Mario characters aren't necessary."
5. Greninja was basically too new to be in Smash.
6. Duck Hunt Dog was overshadowed by Takamaru and Lip.
7. People were biased that Dr. Mario wasn't going to be in, people thought he was an alt. because "it's his perfect role"
8. Dark Pit: Same as above.
9. Chrom was expected because of Gematsu, and barely anyone predicted Robin.
10. Lucina, same as above.
11. People thinking only highly requested newcomers were going to be in the final roster.

Smash 4 speculation for the majority of people sucked baaaaaaaallllssss..
Everyone needs to improve upon themselves if they want to predict Sakurai when he's making Smash 5.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Assuming the leak is real, I'm kinda bummed that Bowser Jr isn't a smaller, faster Bowser (yeah I know Bowser isn't that slow anymore but still).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
1. Nobody predicted WFT
2. Villager was generally ignored while everyone was requesting highly popular characters.
3. Nobody thought Rosalina was in because "a 5th Mario character wasn't necessary."
4. After Rosalina no one thought Bowser Jr. was going to be in, and again "6 Mario characters aren't necessary."
7. People were biased that Dr. Mario wasn't going to be in, people thought he was an alt. because "it's his perfect role"
11. People thinking only highly requested newcomers were going to be in the final roster.

Everyone needs to improve upon themselves if they want to predict Sakurai when he's making Smash 5.
Kawashima tho.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
The leaks today have seriously gotten out of hand. It's not fun anymore honestly.

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
In lieu of the recent leak, I really think that there are going to be too many characters. It's up to 48 with the leak, and with more to come. At this point I feel like Smash bros might be ruined by being too inclusive of its characters. (Dr mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
- I'm seeing a lot of people pointing fingers going like, "This series doesn't get enough characters, but that series over there gets too many. I'ma go cry about it." I'm starting to get tired of the speculation and hype of which I longed for long ago. How much longer until the Japanese release again?

- I'm not hyped for "The Hype Three". Maybe Mewtwo a little bit but I don't give a toss about the other two at all anymore.

- The only thing a "Villains trailer" would do is show off the bosses.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
1. Nobody predicted WFT

Sakurai is probably going to have new tricks up his sleeve next time though, we tried to use Brawl logic to find out the roster this time (banking on highly requested newcomers) and it failed horribly. Next time Smash 4 logic probably won't apply and we're at a loss once again. Also, I think Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are promoted costumes like Lucina, so people were half right I guess.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
You know my unpopular opinion?

I hate the fact that reused melee stages form Brawl, and being reused a second time this game.

Examples: Jungle Japes and Cornaria

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1. If Dark Pit and Dr. Mario got in over Lucas and Wolf and those 2 are not on disc/cartridge or DLC, then Sakurai and co. gone goofed. If they Lucas and Wolf are DLC, then so be it.

2. Sakurai plays favorites with characters. Dark Pit as a clone/semi-clone of Pit (a character that was a sheer failure in Brawl IMO) potentially over a clone of characters that worked.

I would instead take a clone/semi-clone of any space animal (Krystal), Peach (Daisy), Diddy Kong (Lanky Kong?), Sheik (Tetra or Impa), Samus (Dark Samus), Zero Suit Samus (I have no clue, so pass this, lol!), Pikachu a good Pichu or Plusle and Minun), Captain Falcon (Blood Falcon to replace Falcondorf and give us a REAL Ganondorf), either MOTHER kid (the Masked Man), or Snake (Big Boss, haha!).

3. Ice Climbers are one of the best designed characters in Smash history. They aren't getting cut (from Smash WiiU which is the real game), but I just want to reiterate how amazing they are. What Wobbles, Fly, etc. have done with them make them the hype characters in Melee and in Smash history.

4. If I hear the word "representation" one more time, I'm going to snap. We play as characters, not "representatives".

5. I don't care about my reaction to character reveals, but rather how I feel about the characters in a particular game 10 years from now. I also think people who feel otherwise are the people that don't even play Smash games.

Sorry, but if you don't get hyped to play as or against this character or that character post-release years down the line, you probably aren't a real Smash fan. I still get excited to play Mario/Captain Falcon in 64 and Fox/Marth/Roy (LOL) in Melee after over a decade of playing those characters in those games. I can't contain my excitement, either. This builds towards my excitement for future Smash games.

6. If there's not significant DLC with veterans and top candidates like Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, and Krystal, that's just dumb.

7. We should get Street Fighter IV DLC like content, with all the balancing, added characters, added stages, etc. Just please, don't have super expensive character outfit releases. Those are dumb.

8. I'm beginning to truly feel Smash 3DS is either the demo game or the game that held Smash WiiU back, given the Chorus Kids/Men and Ice Climbers situation. Either case, especially the latter, is just inexcusable.

9. I'm getting a bit of deja vu to Brawl with Smash 4. The roster reveal, the look of the gameplay, and Sakurai's appeasement strategy and possibly double speak. I hope this thing turns around and we get a lot more of the gameplay I thought we were gonna see. Hope is still alive, though. No reason to dwell on negativity, but you should always be aware of where things could turn.

10. Dude, Sakurai knows me.

My name, my favorite character, my hair color, my shirt color, and even my favorite color of Toon Link and background color.

The only thing he got wrong is my hair is shorter than that now, I'm not THAT WHITE, and I don't look like I live in a basement, lol.

Seriously, he even got my girlfriend's name next to me.

Last edited:

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
I thought villager, WFT, and Pacman were excellent "joke" type characters. Though I feel like Duck Hunt Dog would be one too many. Maybe I just need to see a trailer first though.

I love (semi)clone characters, but Dr. Mario bothers me on a conceptual level because he's literally just Mario in a doctor costume. Sorry, a change in outfit does not justify a new character. I'd personally rather not have him at all. His mere existence just makes the whole roster feel... sloppier somehow. (I had the same opinion back in melee.)

Hmm, it sounds like I'm really down on the leak. Let me just say for the record that I'm not.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I want Smash 4 delayed until 2015.

That way the team has more than enough time to finally get Ice Climbers working and to bring back all the other cut characters.

If I could take Brawl being delayed like 3 times, I can take another delay to have Lucas, Wolf, the Icies, and even Snake back. Throw Squirtle and Ivysaur back in while you're at it, they're underrated as hell.

Above all, though, I hate seeing the Icies cut so I would take a delay if it meant even just THEM coming back. They have so much potential to be properly balanced this time, especially since their design wasn't quite right either in Melee OR Brawl.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm glad the new leak is confirmed true since that means the end of character speculation as far as we know.

I'm unhappy about it because Ganon is still a Falcon clone.

Sakurai, you had one ****ing job.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Now assuming this leak is indeed true:
There is absolutely no good reason whatsoever for at least Lucas and Wolf (and most likely ICs) to be cut. Because Sakurai has used his time wrongly.

If Sakurai has time to make one completely new character plus two or more semi clones then he can definitely spend that time on bringing some vets back, or at the very least add a new character from an unrepped series, one that needs just one rep in smash much more than Mario universe needs 6/8 of them.

So cutting the new reps now would be a waste of time, but I would have Smash 4 delayed up until mid-2015 if it meant that this game could be fixed, and not just the roster, some other things as well.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
IMO the 12 best designed characters ever in Smash (excluding Smash 4 characters), in order, are as followed (note: this is obviously opinion):
[collapse="12. Yoshi"]Never an overwhelmingly powerful character, Yoshi's unique yet simple aerial game, cool egg projectiles, and ability to just do damage in odd ways makes for truly a perplexing and special character.[/collapse]
[collapse="11. Captain Falcon"]The ultimate fan favorite character. He's got some incredible combos, incredible technical displays, incredible movement, and an incredible focus on just moving and attacking seamlessly. However, his weak recovery balances him, probably too much so.[/collapse]
[collapse="10. Sheik"]The ultimate defensive offensive character, Sheik is all about spacing, countering, and precise timing. From her defensive ledge play, chain grabs, combos, or unique style of KO's, Sheik is a character that has been established as a truly special newcomer.[/collapse]
[collapse="9. Zero Suit Samus"]The stun gun really is the definitive thing to me with Zero Suit Samus. It gives her control over space that forces the opponent to have limited options. She also has incredible moves with her electric whip that function similarly and some cool moves involving over her acrobatics. Overall her acrobatic and stun-centric style is one that really adds a unique twist to the smash roster.[/collapse]
[collapse="8. The Ice Climbers"]The duo character that is all about the AI control, it has one of the best and most special bases in Smash. The Ice Climbers have some insane combos, amazing spacing battles, and just some character magic that no character reproduces.[/collapse]
[collapse="7. Peach"]A projectile spam character that is neither campy nor boring and always brings the action. She always brings out unique aspects of various characters, and gets tons of insanely unique match ups. Her ability to control the air around her and that battle for that is always something that forces some very strategy heavy action.[/collapse]
[collapse="6. Snake"]The first true zoning and projectile zoning character, he is truly a unique character. What's scary is he's barely scratched the surface with what he can do. His style truly added a unique flavor smash hasn't seen before, and I don't think we'll ever see from any other character ever.[/collapse]
[collapse="5. Jigglypuff"]The definitive glass box in Smash, as well as the definitive aerial character. It's defense-to-offense conversions are great, while its' ground offense sucks. It's wall of pain combos, rest combos and KO's, and just general spacing heavy matches tend to lead to some of the best matches and sets of all-time, whether at the peak level of play or with players who aren't that talented.[/collapse]
[collapse="4. Marth"]The classic simple swordwielder. Quick sword slices, easy maneuvering, flashy combos, incredible finishes, and just magical moments. Marth is a truly special character.[/collapse]
[collapse="3. Pikachu"]Always well designed (well sans balance in 64), never done wrong. Pikachu is the ideal fusion of speed and combos for a lightweight character, and is the textbook definition of great game design (again, sans being literally a game breaker in Smash 64).[/collapse]
[collapse="2. Fox (excludes 64 Fox)"]All about technicality. If you are technical, precise, and aim right, you win. It's always something amazing to watch.[/collapse]
[collapse="1. Falco (and 64 Fox)"]He is defined by one word: Pressure. From down airs, to lasers, to chain grabs, to tech chases, to controlling space, Falco is all about pressure and just SQUEEZING space out of you. It's really beautiful to watch, incredible to control, and frustrating to lose to, because you know what's coming, but it can be done in so many ways that it is just so hard to stop. It truly is a sight to behold, and a testament of fundamentally perfect character design.[/collapse]
How might this relate to Smash 4 controversial opinions=???

It shows my design preferences. I prefer complex characters with a simple focus.
[collapse="My top 12 smash characters as examples"]Yoshi = unique approaches based on poking for conversions.
Captain Falcon = insane speed and offense that leads to combos.
Sheik = defense to offense master.
Zero Suit Samus = stun, hit, and move.
The Ice Climbers = positioning and AI control.
Peach = spacing heavy projectile play.
Snake = zoning projectiles and poking.
Jigglypuff = aerial god with jump heavy hit and run defense.
Marth = simple offensive approaching.
Pikachu = speed and combo mix up offense.
Fox = technicality and speed.
Falco = pressure offense to control a match.[/collapse]
What I mean that is controversial that if a character doesn't have a base, they aren't made well.

That doesn't mean they need a gimmick like Ness, Mario, Ice Climbers, Marth, Wario, Snake, Rosalina, or Bowser Jr., but they need to have a base that is easy to understand, yet is vast, deep, interesting, and above all enjoyable.

There's a few characters in Smash 4 I'm unconvinced about that, namely The Duck Hunt Dog, Lucario, Charizard, Meta Knight, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, R.O.B. and Palutena, mainly due to a lack of footage of said characters. I want to see more of these characters so I can be assured that this isn't a problem with them.

But for reals, I guess the ultimate controversy is that I consider this gameplay depth the focus and epicenter of smash characters, as well as a cornerstone of what smash should be all about.

Last edited:

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I hope attacks that cause tripping return, such as diddy's banana and Ness's D-tilt. I actually enjoyed that in brawl (though random tripping sucked and I'm glad that's gone)

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I really do like that most if not all of Sakurai's choices have been unpredictable..it keeps it intresting and brings out good discussion

D

Deleted member

Not sure how unpopular this is and I don't wish to search for hate threads, but I have no complaints about the leaked roster. None. I don't care Ganondorf has the same moveset, his existing one appears to be getting much needed buffs. I don't care if Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake are cut as it gives me reason to go back and play Brawl. I don't care if Mewtwo isn't back, I can just play him in Melee.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I agree with you there but i hope Shulk won't be a standard sword charcter with a couple of gimmicks thrown in
Also Doctor Mario is my most wanted veteran to come back for Smash 4 so i am happy if he is in

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
1. If Dark Pit and Dr. Mario got in over Lucas and Wolf and those 2 are not on disc/cartridge or DLC, then Sakurai and co. gone goofed. If they Lucas and Wolf are DLC, then so be it.

2. Sakurai plays favorites with characters. Dark Pit as a clone/semi-clone of Pit (a character that was a sheer failure in Brawl IMO) potentially over a clone of characters that worked.

I would instead take a clone/semi-clone of any space animal (Krystal), Peach (Daisy), Diddy Kong (Lanky Kong?), Sheik (Tetra or Impa), Samus (Dark Samus), Zero Suit Samus (I have no clue, so pass this, lol!), Pikachu a good Pichu or Plusle and Minun), Captain Falcon (Blood Falcon to replace Falcondorf and give us a REAL Ganondorf), either MOTHER kid (the Masked Man), or Snake (Big Boss, haha!).

3. Ice Climbers are one of the best designed characters in Smash history. They aren't getting cut (from Smash WiiU which is the real game), but I just want to reiterate how amazing they are. What Wobbles, Fly, etc. have done with them make them the hype characters in Melee and in Smash history.

4. If I hear the word "representation" one more time, I'm going to snap. We play as characters, not "representatives".

5. I don't care about my reaction to character reveals, but rather how I feel about the characters in a particular game 10 years from now. I also think people who feel otherwise are the people that don't even play Smash games.

Sorry, but if you don't get hyped to play as or against this character or that character post-release years down the line, you probably aren't a real Smash fan. I still get excited to play Mario/Captain Falcon in 64 and Fox/Marth/Roy (LOL) in Melee after over a decade of playing those characters in those games. I can't contain my excitement, either. This builds towards my excitement for future Smash games.

6. If there's not significant DLC with veterans and top candidates like Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, and Krystal, that's just dumb.

7. We should get Street Fighter IV DLC like content, with all the balancing, added characters, added stages, etc. Just please, don't have super expensive character outfit releases. Those are dumb.

8. I'm beginning to truly feel Smash 3DS is either the demo game or the game that held Smash WiiU back, given the Chorus Kids/Men and Ice Climbers situation. Either case, especially the latter, is just inexcusable.

9. I'm getting a bit of deja vu to Brawl with Smash 4. The roster reveal, the look of the gameplay, and Sakurai's appeasement strategy and possibly double speak. I hope this thing turns around and we get a lot more of the gameplay I thought we were gonna see. Hope is still alive, though. No reason to dwell on negativity, but you should always be aware of where things could turn.

10. Dude, Sakurai knows me.

My name, my favorite character, my hair color, my shirt color, and even my favorite color of Toon Link and background color.

The only thing he got wrong is my hair is shorter than that now, I'm not THAT WHITE, and I don't look like I live in a basement, lol.

Seriously, he even got my girlfriend's name next to me.
I agree with the gameplay portion especially. I've been somewhat pessimistic recently, and now I'm worried because the gameplay footage in the leak looks slower than official 3ds gameplay footage...

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I never liked Marth in Smash Bros (I do want to learn how to use him) but i want to main Lucina at some point..

I have no problems with Dark Pit as long as they give him slightly different weapons

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
It really bugs me how people label characters like Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Duck Hunt "jokes" just because they don't really like them but they're still quirky.

They put hard work into these characters and they're serious about them even though they're unorthodox fighters.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It really bugs me how people label characters like Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Duck Hunt "jokes" just because they don't really like them but they're still quirky.

They put hard work into these characters and they're serious about them even though they're unorthodox fighters.
Not to mention Villager doesn't fall whithin 'joke' character because he's the protagonist of one of Nintendo's biggest current series.

D

Deleted member

While I do feel sorry for the people upset with the loss of ICs, I hated them with an absolute passion and couldn't care less that they're gone.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
The way Dark Pit plays will decide if I think KI had too much representation.

If Doctor Mario doesn't have the F.L.U.U.D., I will use him more than Mario.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've been hearing how heartless and cold the Unknown Renders leaker is and should be dealt justice. And for what? Because they gave information that we would've already known in only a matter of days? Look, I understand people like surprises. But it's not like the man came out and killed Sakurai (of which people have been making it out to be).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree with the gameplay portion especially. I've been somewhat pessimistic recently, and now I'm worried because the gameplay footage in the leak looks slower than official 3ds gameplay footage...
Pretty much this.

The game looks like it may be closer to Brawl than before. I think they might have taken "we need more horizontal DI" and added more vertical DI, which leaders to a floatier game, which honestly the extreme floatiness of Brawl was a big setback to a lot of people, myself included.

There's also of course the following potential problems:
-Tech rolling looks way faster, which means no/very few tech chases/"smash combos" off of techs potentially.

-Shields come out a lot faster.

-The game still may have momentum stopping issues like in the demo. Running may still be a commitment, when it should just be an extent of your offense.

-The slower, heavier characters are still probably going to be under-powered like with every heavyweight in the past (sans kinda sorta Dedede in Brawl and Ganondorf in Melee, and for sure Snake in Brawl), and this dynamic is hard to change in such a platforming-heavy fighter. Snake is currently the only high tier heavyweight in the past 3 smash games, and a big reason why he was a high tier was his quick mobility, good jabbing ability, projectile zoning, and his grenades being an all purpose tool.

-The fact Sakurai routinely double speaks with competitive play. He doesn't want the game to basically have anything of Melee (which has basically everything in 64), which is a shame, because a lot of that stuff wasn't remotely close to anything in Brawl.

-The removal of grab chases, super insane combos, the ledge mechanics, projectile spamming, etc. is fine, but the fact we still don't have a dedicated "quick dash" mechanic like what wavedashing and ESPECIALLY dash dancing provided us isn't cool. Without quick movement, things can somewhat easily become campy, slow, and they begin to get stale and boring. You gotta balance the hard and slow attacks with the quick jabs in order to have a fighting game (or even a fight) with real technical and strategic depth.

-Why isn't taunt cancelling in Smash 4=???

-I want it to be its' own game and a good alternative to 64 and Melee competitively, but there's no reason it can't have the same fun competitive-friendly feel of 64 and Melee while still being its' own game.

-In Smash 3DS or Smash WiiU doesn't have the stuff of making it a good competitive game (as in enjoyable, excitement, depth, and lasting appeal) like 64 and especially Melee, that's a shame. If that happens, I think unless we got a change in director we'll never get a game of that competitive caliber. It would spell the end of the people who still play 64, Melee, and/or Project M caring much about future smash games as a potential competitive game (barring mods of course).

I'm not saying that for sure will happen, but it's a realistic possibility.

Finally...

-Smash 3DS looks like a demo the same way the Tekken arcade releases are demos. I also don't think it will have anything near a complete roster compared to the Smash WiiU one. It's very clear which game has the priority.

-Hopefully they take fan feedback and gradually improve the game with time. Capcom's Street Fighter IV team and the Tekken team are great examples of this in action.

Last edited:

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
So here's what I summed up the whole mess of clones was.

Sawnic's Clones In SSB4 A Shell Nut:

The Casuals

Dark Pit "Awesome!"
Dr. Mario "A waste of slot."

Smashers

Dark Pit "A waste of slot."
Dr. Mario "Awesome"

Both
"Ganon still is a clone."

Grr-eeat!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
1. Nobody predicted WFT

I like to think that Smash speculation is part prediction, part wish fulfillment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom