• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not sure how I feel about characters receiving other characters as an alt costume.
If they get their own name and art/ model render.
They're basically a whole other character just a perfect clone version.

The lines have been blurred.
Depending on how this goes I may consider some alt costumes their own character. (even if they play the exact same).
Sakurai admitted that if a character is a perfect clone, he'd just make them an alternate costume

He also said it's possible for alternate costumes that are other characters to have different voices and the likes

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Sakurai admitted that if a character is a perfect clone, he'd just make them an alternate costume

He also said it's possible for alternate costumes that are other characters to have different voices and the likes
Hmm maybe even slight adjustments like a fire ball being a pill? Same dmg, travel speed, dmg box, I don't see why not?
I think I like that idea, I wouldn't like seeing a character that looks like Black Shadow called Captain Falcon at the end of the match. Or Daisy being called Peach. But voice, and names being different is sweet.

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
- Ridley is not, and will never be playable in any Smash game.

- I will buy both versions of the game no matter what.

- Smash 4 will be better than all the previous games in the series, plus Project M.

- Cutting a story mode was a terrible idea, but I'll still enjoy the game anyway.

- Mewtwo is in the game despite Lucario and Greninja.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I despise the idea of other characters becoming alternate costumes for existing characters. I'd rather have them as fully fleshed out characters--even as clones--so the character's fans don't have to settle for playing someone else to use them in a fight. So no Daisy over Peach, Ninten / Lucas over Ness, Lucina over Marth, or anything like that. I'd rather have recolors that simply reference them, like a blue-white-red-striped shirt recolor on Ness to reference Ninten, for example, if Sakurai wants to go that route. Otherwise, I wouldn't want them in the game if Sakurai feels like they should be in but not as individual fighters.

Little_GotenSRK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Little_Goten
3DS FC
1048-9697-8273
1. Instead of cutting characters, I'd like to see characters reworked to be more unique and interesting. I hate to see people request that characters get cut because it's unfair to fans of the character and it imposes a train of thought that people shouldn't ever get a chance to play X character because "I don't like this character."

2. As a developer, I think that Sakurai has done an amazing job with all the Smash games and it's sad to see people looking as this game with such cynicism and looking at Sakurai like he's some vile monster.

3. Subspace Emissary was good. too bad we won't see another one. I think they could've taken another shot, but oh well.

4. I like the Mii Fighters. They look awesome. I already made a Krillin mii just for the occasion.

5. Not a fan of how Fan of how For Glory mode is gonna be implemented, primarily because you can only use Final Destination. That doesn't help competitively at all, because it's skewed only towards characters that are good on that stage.

6. I don't think a slower, more defensive game is necessarily a bad thing, so long as hitstun doesn't suffer for it . . .

7. Smash 64 was more fun than Melee, and had better presentation. I hope Smash 4 takes cues from that game instead.

Last edited:

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
  • I wasn't excited about the last character reveal
  • Smash 4 WILL be the only Smash at Evo Main Stage and will be the main game in other tournaments
  • There won't be a mod for Smash 4 and if so, it won't be favored over the original

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Super Smash Bros. 4 (even on 3DS) looks better than Melee.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
As someone who knows next to nothing about Pokemon outside of Smash, I want Jigglypuff back more than Mewtwo. My brother and I got endless amusement in the last games out of how she barely looks aware she's even in a fight. And she had the best/funniest/most insane Final Smash in Brawl and I want it to come back too.

And putting her in her sunday best hat is the best thing.

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
$£%^ Mew2King..now that we got that out of the way..

I think Smash 4 will have a long cycle in the competitive scene..not as long as Melee but still long

Smash 4 will be better than Melee

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
More unpopular anoying opinions: (I feel, I changed)

-The Dead gematsu characters Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Kids:opinions. I find Chrom the most boring of the trio and he never got in. But Shulk and Chorus Kids would be awesome. (I hope they make it.)
-Lucina is the Worst character to Smash 4, Is a SECOND Marth Clone. Smash is a big fanservice, but she is a fanservice and a unoriginal character to the next level of fanservice. I really not like her and kill the hype over robin.<-This is opinion of me OK.
-Clone character need to be decloned.
-I think having female and villains will make smash better, We need more Genderless and More robots in the game please. We need more characters like R.O.B.
-Golden Sun need a Rep.
-I Though Falco is gone but I don't think is going anywhere soon.(Lucina case I guess.)
-Ganondorf is going back as a clone I think.
-Star Fox Characters are overrated as the Fire Emblem ones.
-I want more retro characters to Smash like Takamaru, Sukapon and more.
-Even I don't like fire emblem anymore or my love is just simply fade away, the addition of Robin is brilliant.
-Bandana Dee would be a cool characters is the only newcomers can I think of, can actually use a Spear as a Main weapon and he pretty important in the world of Kirby. Smash need more unique weapons like Robin.
-Sakurai teased Ridley Fans many times, The teased are soo big that Sakurai is just simply Joking and brainwashing our Brain like a Metroid. Seriously Sakurai, Show that Ridley is a Boss already.
-The direct show a huge shadow of Ridley in Pyrosphere. And yep people still beg for Ridley.
-Of the tree most overrated characters (Rildey, Mewtwo and K.Rool) I find K. Rool much enjoyable of the bunch.
-I don't care is Jigglypuff return. She never been special for me.

Im still wating for a another newcomer, better than Pac-Man and Villager. Im still waitng.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I want Snake to return and, though I don't particularly want it to happen, I would not be opposed to Sonic getting a second rep.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
I actually want more female reps in the game. Also, I want Smash to have a bigger roster than most people want to limit it to be.
Also, I don't like that people are pushing for random(grain of salt) Nintendo villians to be playable characters, but then again, I wouldn't know how the roster would get stacked up anyways at that point. I would also like to add that I'd be okay with more than 4 FE reps in Smash 4.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Kind of minor stuff, but:

- I don't like the 3DS box art (and it's the version I'm most likely to get too). I know it's perspective, but why does Link always get to take up so much more space than the other characters on the covers? The Wii U box art is way better; I like the characters chosen for that one as opposed to the ones chosen for 3DS, and I like the sort of symmetry of their poses.

- I like Robin, but I don't like the fact that he/she/they get both genders represented on their official character portraits, while Wii Fit Trainer and Villager only have a single gender. For Villager, I might could understand since gender seems to be tied to color choice in that case, but still (I hope they do something about it).

- I don't mind Zero Suit Samus's rocket heels, but the addition of the mole on her face bothers me.

Again, minor stuff. Oh yeah,

- I still want Krystal as a playable character. And no, I don't care that Star Fox hasn't had a new game since the DS and that it's not cool to like Krystal.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I will honestly be very confused if Mario gets surpassed in rep number. PT counted as one character to me. [is this even an unpopular opinion?]

Mewtwo isn't needed and won't come back.

Pac-Man had the worst character reveal trailer by very, very far.

Hong

The Strongest
The Yellow Devil would be a more interesting playable character than King K. Rool.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I have no previous ties to Mega Man, so sadly I was never ever hyped for him. :/

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I like X more than the original Mega Man, and I wish he'd get more representation. I get why they went with original Mega Man, but seriously. X needs love, too.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
If I was Sakurai, and I had the option of bringing back Mewtwo, I would easily pick Greninja over Mewtwo. Also, if I got to choose another slot for a pokemon, I would easily pick something like Blaziken or Sceptile over Mewtwo.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
  1. I think competitive Smash is comparable to watching two sissies slapping the air and backing off until one finally hits the other, leading to that one to finally attacking. During the inventational I found the guest matches to be the most entertaining, and the Finals was kind of lame.
  2. I am no Fire Emblem fanboy and I have very few problems with Lucina, she just seems like harmless roster filler.
  3. I think Shiek should have been replaced by the Skyward Sword Impa. Same moves, just more relevant to current games.
  4. I think too many people's notion of having more female characters be a good thing is harmless, but right for the wrong reasons. I think more people should consider why they are playable, and why people want them, rather than just "it's so nice to see so many female characters". The same could be said of villains.
  5. The only Metroid character I can really see working is Dark Samus, she has a different enough design, moves, and with the right color palettes wouldn't get confused for the original. The Metroid character I would absolutely love is SA-X, now that Samus is using the Other M design, she could take over the classic, use super bombs and ice beam, as well as mutate into her more monstrous form for smash attacks, but it will never happen.
  6. I'm not a Rhythm Heaven fan, but I really want the game to at least be represented by a stage, it would be really bloody cool.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I wouldn't mind having characters like Pichu, Bandana Dee, or Espurr if they were intentionally bad characters with less thought put into their move sets. That way its humiliating to lose to them. It can also make the single player modes more of a challenge.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Palutena should've been in Brawl.
And by that, I MEAN HER MODEL, SHOULD'VE BEEN IN BRAWL.
Jesus Rice-Cripsies, who's idea was it to put Super-Realistic Palutena beside a Light-Colored/Non-Realistic Mario?

Hong

The Strongest
The original Ganon would be a better roster addition than Ganondorf, with and without his sword and spell.
Toon Link linked better in Brawl than he does in Smash 4.
The new actual Final Destination is ugly and I'm glad I won't have to play on it.
Wat een sukkel!
Whether you deliberately meant that or not, it's either a flame or it's spam. I'd advise you don't.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The original Gannon.

Hong, you know better than that! D<

Anyway, my first post here.

I think Meowth would've been a better choice for Smash from the very beginning over Jigglypuff.

I also think the Miis are the most interesting Newcomers and will be the most fun to experiment with.

Post 666 of the thread~ <3

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
The title is awful
The Wii U's graphics looks like a HD Wii game, which means mediocre.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is unpopular or not, it might be, but I am completely satisfied with how the game and all of the current characters look. I also think the actual gameplay looks fantastic, especially the way items look now too.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find Captain Falcon completely unworthy of the attention he gets in the fan base.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind having characters like Pichu, Bandana Dee, or Espurr if they were intentionally bad characters with less thought put into their move sets. That way its humiliating to lose to them. It can also make the single player modes more of a challenge.
Please. I'm quite disappointed about how good my current Pichu moveset is, and I'm going to figure out how to make it significantly worse.

D

Deleted member

Simple.
With any of his attacks he takes damage. Regardless of electricity.
Of course. As well as decreasing knockback on all of his kill moves, and increasing knockback on all combo moves so that he has no combos, but he can't kill you.

D

Deleted member

He'll be so bad even Brawl Ganondorf will have a good matchup against him.

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
I find Captain Falcon completely unworthy of the attention he gets in the fan base.
Someone needs to play F-Zero GX.

Here's another: I like clones. Clones are cool. Clones allow for an expanded roster and the inclusion of more fan favorites. Besides, clones have enough differences that each will have its fans. I don't necessarily like having as high a ratio of clones to original characters as Melee had, but I think Brawl had a great ratio.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
- I wouldn't mind if in a couple of cases the past stages counted as the character's stage, since it makes since in some cases where characters haven't had new games in a while, or where I find it fitting. Examples: Green Hill Zone for Sonic on the 3DS version, if they bring back Corneria for Star Fox on the 3DS version instead of giving it something new, etc.
- It'd be stupid for Wii Fit Trainer to get a 3DS stage since she has the title Wii in her name, and it wouldn't bother me if Olimar doesn't get a 3DS stage since there's never been a Pikmin 3DS title. Their "home" stages on the 3DS version could just be unoccupied stages, such as Nintendogs for Olimar (it's fitting since they're so small compared to the dogs) and Tomodachi Life for the Wii Fit Trainer.
- Also, the Mii Fighters already have their home stages: Find Mii on the 3DS version, and Pilotwings on the Wii U version (since they were the main characters of Wii Sports Resort and Pilotwings Resort)

Shin F.

Smash Master
Smash 4 would not be worth buying if Ness was cut. Although I'm hype for characters like Mega Man, Miis and Robin, having Ness cut would kill it far too fast for me to even consider the games.

I'd rather have Jigglypuff back than Mewtwo because cutting one of the original 12 opens the door for the other original 12 characters to be cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom