• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
That's kind of the charm...I mean, you can't deny that Wii Fit Trainer's Sun Salutation actually shooting a sun-shaped projectile is awesome. I just think he's a great addition to the cast and he represents Animal Crossing as he's the main character.
As I said before, it's an unpopular opinion in the unpopular opinion thread. Why are you arguing about it?

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Sun Salutation is complete BS. Captain Falcon's over-the-top moves are plausible since he's a super hero, so are Rob's lasers and thrusters since he's a robot.

But this is a yoga teacher somehow possessing the ability to launch KI blasts simply by being a paragon of health. The suspension of disbelief just crumbles, just like my current position in Mario Kart.

Last edited:

Safro Amurai

Smash Rookie
That's kind of the charm...I mean, you can't deny that Wii Fit Trainer's Sun Salutation actually shooting a sun-shaped projectile is awesome. I just think he's a great addition to the cast and he represents Animal Crossing as he's the main character.
Mo'flippin lazorbeamz

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Sun Salutation is complete BS. Captain Falcon's over-the-top moves are plausible since he's a super hero, so are Rob's lasers and thrusters since he's a robot.

But this is a yoga teacher somehow possessing the ability to launch KI blasts simply by being a paragon of health. The suspension of disbelief just crumbles, just like my current position in Mario Kart.
That's what I was talking about, it's the joke movesets that Villager and WFT have that really irk me. They make no sense in a fighting game, and there haven't been any characters in previous games that have had joke movesets like that.

I mean, Villager can grab Samus's powershot? Really?

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

Captain Falcon's over-the-top moves are plausible since he's a super hero.
Source for the bolded please.

I would be fine with Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus getting two newcomer reps (wishful thinking though).
I thought this was the unpopular opinion thread. :drflip:

Edit : Aww ****. the double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tides

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoichx
I thought this was the unpopular opinion thread. :drflip:

Edit : Aww ****. the double post.
I read somewhere that people didn't like the idea Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus each getting two newcomers, so I incorporated that opinion into my post. I can see why it might not be a unpopular opinion though.

On another note I feel like it's a double standard for some people to say relevancy doesn't matter, but then say a character shouldn't be added because they are to "new".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
On another note I feel like it's a double standard for some people to say relevancy doesn't matter, but then say a character shouldn't be added because they are to "new".
It's not really one. The context is being somewhat ignored. Them being the most relevant doesn't make them worthy of a newcomer slot. Them being an interesting character does. Being the most relevant is literally the same thing as the newest when they say this.

Basically, it's an honest misunderstanding of what they meant.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Male50cent deserves to be on Smash more than Greninja.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I love Pac-Man and I wouldn't mind if he made it in

Don't care whether Mewtwo comes back or not

Little Mac is boring and I don't understand why he's so heavily requested

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
If a character from Square Enix made it in, I'd rather it be from Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger than Final Fantasy.

I'd rather have Dark Pit over Palutena. Stronger and fast-falling Pit clone when.

And for my last unpopular opinion, seeing as I still see people do it here...

I don't like it when I see others reply to other people's opinions on this thread and try to belittle them. If it's to clarify something the poster got wrong then I dislike it when they do so in a dismissive or patronizing way.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
^ Wanting a clone instead of a completely new and unique character. lol

Anyway, Chrom would bring absolutely nothing new to the game, so I don't think he should be the FE newcomer. If gets in as a Ike clone or something, I wouldn't really mind, but the FE newcomer should be an unique character, like Robin.

Kid Icarus deserve two newcomers, because Uprising is hands down the best game Nintendo made since Metroid Prime 3. Plus, at least one franchise get two (or more) newcomers in each game, so this could happen again in Sm4sh. Palutena and Hades would be my choices for newcomers.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
See this is what I'm talking about.
Same. It was just pointless.

Who cares if they prefer a clone over a new guy. It's an opinion. Respect it(and you are expected to since it's kind of the thread's rules). I prefer Dr. Mario over Rosalina, period. Disagree? Kay. Just don't act like a jerk to me about it. Or you could not say anything at all since it just causes pointless fights.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
See this is what I'm talking about.
This is a forum, if you don't want people to criticize your opinions, why bother posting them? Plus, you're being a bit oversensitive, the only thing I did was "laugh" because people keep complaining about clones, yet a few are asking exact for that: More clones. It is ironic. And funny. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post. Geez.

Edit: To the post below:

I already said I didn't mean offense by my post, so could you please drop the subject? I am really not feeling like being warned for spam/pointless post/whatever. I am not sure why you are calling me out, either, since you're not a mod.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is a forum, if you don't want people to criticize your opinions, why bother posting them? Plus, you're being a bit oversensitive, the only thing I did was "laugh" because people keep complaining about clones, yet a few are asking exact for that: More clones. It is ironic. And funny. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post. Geez.
It's not like this:
Afraid of posting an opinion/statement pertaining to Smash 4 because you know nobody will agree with you? Then this is the thread for you! All thanks to one golden rule for this topic: NO CRITICIZING OTHER POSTER'S OPINIONS.
isn't in the OP for this thread anyway.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
1) if that's the case, I wouldn't mind since I wouldn't be offended that way. But damn clear it up next time.

2) this SPECIFIC THREAD said in the OP that we shouldn't respond to others' posts and comment about them like it looked like you did so as to be respectful to each others' opinions. It looked like you weren't following the OP.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People here aren't trying to debate likelihoods or what actually will/won't end up happening, this isn't that type of thread. They're just sharing beliefs or wishes they hold, and that doesn't cause for "correcting" anything or reminding them that their unpopular opinions are in fact unpopular or unlikely. It's their opinion, it's not their prediction.
Also, read the OP please. There really is no point to criticizing opinions made in a thread designated for unrealistic or unpopular outcomes.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Mewtwo and Ridley being playable would make me watch competitive play just for them.
Go ahead and toss your coin in the fountain and make a wish that their top tier characters, because if they aren't then sorry. Competitive play is gonna be Fox and Metaknight... Its sad to say that, but people stick to top tiers when competing normally.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Well the new one has the ability to be more balanced, plus it can get updates if it isn't in the future.
Yea it really seems like balance is the number one priority in this game. So many characters have buffs.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not looking forward to the tsunami of Smash information at E3...

...because it's going to excite and occupy me for a whole week, on top of all of the other E3 shenanigans. And I probably won't do a whole lot else this week as a result.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
3rd parties need to make their own smash bros games so they can stay out of the original one. No one would want more/any 3rd party characters like Tails, Simon, or Megaman if they had their own game. 3rd parties should go away.

Ironically Sonic is my most played character in Brawl :awesome: and I'm thinking of having Megaman as one of my secondaries in Smash 4:upsidedown:

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
3rd parties need to make their own smash bros games so they can stay out of the original one. No one would want more/any 3rd party characters like Tails, Simon, or Megaman if they had their own game. 3rd parties should go away.

Ironically Sonic is my most played character in Brawl :awesome: and I'm thinking of having Megaman as one of my secondaries in Smash 4:upsidedown:
That would result in this:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm really not all that excited for E3, because I don't expect that anything of interest to me will be revealed. My hopes for E3 are that my favorite characters won't get disconfirmed, just because my expectations are pathetically low at this point (read: we're getting nothing but milquetoast Gematsu characters).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm really not all that excited for E3, because I don't expect that anything of interest to me will be revealed. My hopes for E3 are that my favorite characters won't get disconfirmed, just because my expectations are pathetically low at this point (read: we're getting nothing but milquetoast Gematsu characters).
Unpopular Opinion(maybe): They disconfirm every character left on the list. :awesome:

(I like Mii, so yes, I'm partially joking. The rest? Meh.)

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I main Zard in PM, but I really don't see myself maining him in Sm4sh.
1 I don't know if he'll be as good in the more Brawl styled environment, and 2 his moveset changes are iffy. No glide, that new sideB looks lame, and, even though it isn't a change, Rock Smash is still a thing.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That's what I was talking about, it's the joke movesets that Villager and WFT have that really irk me. They make no sense in a fighting game, and there haven't been any characters in previous games that have had joke movesets like that.

I don't mind the moves being unrealistic because, you know, it's Smash.

What's annoying is how people treat her as this paragon of uniqueness when the only two remotely unique things we've seen have been a generic projectile and a generic power-up move.

The latter especially, you could give to nearly any character and have it make sense...Little Mac could have the same move renamed "Pump Up," for example, or Ridley could have the same move renamed "Bloodlust," and so on.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

How are those joke movesets? Dan from Street Fighter is a joke character, Pichu is kind of a joke character. I don't see how Villager's moveset is any more of a joke than Mr. Game & Watch's.

kReign

Smash Rookie
Is this still the unpopular opinion thread? If so...

I think that a good enough reason for Ridley to not be a playable character is that it would be really, really silly. It would look ridiculous. I don't see why people aren't happy with him being a huge freaking boss in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom